Ascent Vaporizer by Da Vinci (pre-sale thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Got it. Is the "bowl" located within the tubing, or is it a separate chamber?

:peace:

Seperate chamber...see below:When you close it the chamber connects with the lower stem.

ascent-1-black.jpg

Davinci_vaporizer,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
But the load is placed within the odd shaped glass, no?

I'm trying to visualize this, so please forgive me.

:peace:

I think we were defining 'chamber' diffferently. I was refering to the 'load chamber', but you are referring to the 'heating chamber'.

Stu,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
No, its in the glass lined ceramic bowl beneath the odd shaped glass. Air will flow from below, where the grill is, flow through the bowl up through the odd shaped glass and through the mouthpiece. Remember the mouthpiece can be used either pulled out or recessed.

Edit: After reading this twice, I'm still not sure if I answered this correctly. No more product testing for me tonight .:D

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
So if the air can pass through the bottom of the bowl how will oil work in it. Does it have good tasting visible vapor? I don't need pics or a vid for now just your word will suffice for the time being.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,
Reactions: vape4life

Nbajunkie

Someones always watching..
Can you talk about how a person would interact with this device. I dont see any buttons or switches..

Nbajunkie,

iamn3ko

Can you talk about how a person would interact with this device. I dont see any buttons or switches..

If you look closely on the last picture you can see a plus and minus switch I believe.

DV, I'm assuming you've personally tried it... You have anything to say as far as performance or vapor production?

iamn3ko,

overvaped

Vapor evangelist
Hi,
I have just two questions
  • Is there a cap to cover the straw hole?
  • We have come to know that price will be set next week...could you put at least an upper limit?
Thank you in advance and BTW...do not hurry with the product, I am bit didsapointed with the way other vaporizers have been released lately.

OF

We would all like to see the internals of this piece and a video of it's actual use, but most all of us would never be so rude as to demand it.

Good point, but as long as at least one of us is that rude, and 'speaks of us' here, collectively we're pretty hostile aren't we?

Looking over other threads we see repeated examples how guys really full of themselves have hounded helpful makers 'out of Dodge' to our great loss. And they do it all hiding behind their monitors. They quite literally treat others in a way they'd be afraid or ashamed to do so in person?

More power to the good folks at DV. Our thanks for the peek behind the curtain and for the opportunity to consider your new offering. Please don't take the rude demands seriously, in fact, please ignore them completely. We look forward to what you wish to disclose when you're ready.

"Take all the time you need to do a good job"

OF

JCat

Accessory Maker
Great post OF ... It makes me cringe every time I read a self-entitled, demanding post. It reflects badly on all of us and the few ruin it for the rest of the members who are polite and appreciative

hitnrun

Wondering out loud about the bottom of the "odd shaped glass": looks to be formed as a glass screen (i.e., dimpled with several holes)? :clap:

hitnrun,
Reactions: Shmoo

Shmoo

Thanks for the pictures, I can't wait for the demo!
What do you guys think it looks like? I feel as though if I told people it was a glucose meter, they would buy it.

Shmoo,

JCat

Accessory Maker
Someone asked about a "cap" for the glass straw as well (or cover) ... I 2nd that ... I did not like picking lint out of the mouthpiece on my Pax if I had thrown it in my pocket ... I quite like that the INH has a cap to cover it when not in use ... also helps cut down on smell if you're carrying it around pre-loaded. I would prefer a "snap" style cap that covered the whole top (looks like one could maybe click in to the recess at the top?) than one that just went over the glass straw. Would also prevent crap from getting down into the unit "around" the glass straw.

jasong

it looks great! i couldnt wait so i bought a dv untill this one comes out. now just waiting for my new dv in the mail

jasong,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Great words, of encouragement! I didn't even think of a cap..but will note that asap. Good idea and is a super easy production piece.See that's why I love this forum, you help me to consistently improve.

The Ascent, much like the DV has 2 power button- a master in the mouthpiece and then the temperature button on the screen. So the likelihood of turning it on in your pocket is zero.

Regarding the functionally, I'll paint a better picture in the video. I know we'll film it today, editing is another story.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Great words, of encouragement! I didn't even think of a cap..but will note that asap. Good idea and is a super easy production piece.See that's why I love this forum, you help me to consistently improve.

The Ascent, much like the DV has 2 power button- a master in the mouthpiece and then the temperature button on the screen. So the likelihood of turning it on in your pocket is zero.

Regarding the functionally, I'll paint a better picture in the video. I know we'll film it today, editing is another story.
Looking forward to the video VERY much! Thanks for the updates.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

JCat

Accessory Maker

Cool! Love it! Glad I could make a helpful suggestion!

JCat,

thesoloman

I was just thinking davinci should come to hempcon this weekend and show me this vape, might be some good marketing.... i know its a low chance but if your gonna be there pm me so i can see this vape that has me drooling while i dream about it..

thesoloman,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
This week has been crazy (as it always is) and thank you all for being patient with me. As a quick update, the video that I was going to post was the CGI vid..and yes, of course it's for marketing purposes. The video is to be used later, but I was going to post it for you first. Oh yeah, the edit is finally finished. I will also attempt to do a quick demo video in the office tomorrow as well..let's see what happens.

To satisfy your temporary cravings, I've taken a few pictures of the Ascent that I have sitting on my dining room table tonight. Please pardon my awful photography skills, its late and I used my phone. Also this is a sample, so not perfect.

and yes, it does go to Celsius as well...
front.jpg

iphone-2-.jpg

side-2-.jpg

bottom-2-.jpg

glass.jpg

Awesome! At least it looks like the cgi pictures, unlike the mivape prototype which was bigger and more ugly than their awesome cgi pictures of the vape that will never be released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom