Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

reece

Rick said:
TheDude, so glad to see you are finding the flow of the CRZ. Like all log vapes, there is a learning curve for the most efficient vaping. Very loose pack as NYC mentioned, slow and steady pull after maybe a couple quick heavier pulls to get the ball rolling will usually do the trick. My comment in general to folks is keep tweaking the process, just a little and one step at a time until you are satisfied you are getting all there is to get. Do not settle for just so-so as there is probable some more tweaking you need to do with the total flow(pack and pull).

When I get in at dark, the Gin flows freely and I fade out quickly.

I've also noticed that you have to tweak your technique depending on the type of material being vaporized. I usually do not dry my herb. I place it in airtight containers in the freezer. It goes straight from the freezer into the grinder and then into the zap stem.

Most times it grinds well and zaps well but sometimes I come across a strain just won't grind. large(ish) leafy pieces are left over, not much surface area, and I don't get satisfying vapor. When this happens I do have to let it dry out a bit so it grinds better and gives more surface area.

This week I have come across another issue that I haven't had problems with before. This time, the material was so sticky that even though it grinds well, the pieces tend to clump together. Again, minimizing surface area. I had to adjust my technique by packing slightly more loosely than usual. It made things better but I still felt I wasn't getting as much as I should. So, I let it dry a bit which did the trick. The drying and the looser pack made the difference.

I've been zapping for a while now and I have my technique down. But, sometimes I have to adjust. I just wish I didn't go through most of my stuff, bewildered as to why I'm not getting vapor as I should, before I realize I have to adjust. One day I'll figure it out with the first couple of bowls.

Also, there are times when nothing helps. It's just the material being vaped doesn't have much to give. The type that, if smoked, would burn up very quickly.

I hope this helps some of you guys.

edit to add: Hey Rick, I don't drink hard liquor often. Usually it's vodka in a bloody mary (one day I have to tell you about when I made a bloody maryjane...oooh, I nearly lost my mind. talk about white knuckling...and I'm black...hahaha) but the one liquor I love the taste of is Gin. My favorite was Bombay Sapphire.

WHO DAT!

reece,

THCMuscle

Rick said:
TheDude, so glad to see you are finding the flow of the CRZ. Like all log vapes, there is a learning curve for the most efficient vaping. Very loose pack as NYC mentioned, slow and steady pull after maybe a couple quick heavier pulls to get the ball rolling will usually do the trick. My comment in general to folks is keep tweaking the process, just a little and one step at a time until you are satisfied you are getting all there is to get. Do not settle for just so-so as there is probable some more tweaking you need to do with the total flow(pack and pull).
On this subject, chibs CRZ from Canada finally made it yesterday. We laughed as soon as we opened it as we did another that arrived the same day. Wispy vapor........duh.....these were back in the day when I thought we could put ANY amount of dense wood around our center SS heat assembly. No way. I'll be getting back to both those customers later today. Both are FC members.
Nice vid again NYC. Thanks again for showing us all how to do it right.
Jesus, we must have spaced sending screens with your Tooty. I will send some out this week. The tip comes out easily, just grab with a pair of pliers and pull out with a slight twist. I know we sent extra silicone tubing for replacing the tip. Your problem will soon be fixed better as I have some custom made screens coming again only this time they will fit the SS stem tip tubing perfectly. Fixed better, take that Mr Ambrosi!

Quick note on our absence from here and the website.
We have been tackling a very big outdoor job over the last several days. We are sawing some trees into boards to add on to our sons house for more grandkid room. These trees were right around his house and were an extreme danger to his house during windstorms. Had they still been up, he would have moved the family out last week during the storm that took out our satellite internet. The logs(6 to a tree) are so big we cannot lift one end with our tractor which will lift 1500 pounds. We are getting well over 1000 board feet of sawed lumber from each tree and there were 5 trees taken. Thanks to a friend, we are using a mill that will lift and turn these logs and cut through over 20" of wood for 16 feet if asked to do so.
This is a big project but we are over the worst(biggest logs). We are getting to do this because of the incredible weather.
We are turning potential house EXPLODING trees into a house. Very fun stuff but is Zapping me for website and other work. We do have all orders caught up and I will get some new Zaps up on the website by late today for sure. When I get in at dark, the Gin flows freely and I fade out quickly. Even though I have the easy job, we are outside in 20 degrees, always moving.
Thanks again for your patience. Seems I say that alot.
No sweat on the trees. We have basically all trees on the place....lots and lots of them everywhere.

Whew! I was checking the website hourly yesterday waiting to pull the trigger on a new zap! I'm obsessed!

THCMuscle,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
reece, I think your post is very well put. The dryness, characteristics of material, strain, etc. really can make a big difference as to how you load a stem full as well as what type of vapor will be produced. It gets to a point that you can almost tell what kind of hit you are going to get by handling the material. Is it sticky, dry, etc.? And then, there are those incredible "magic" stems that seem to go on forever. I still haven't figured out what causes that (beyond adding kief to the load).

edit to add: and your white knuckle comment made me lol!

momofthegoons,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Hey reece, a big WHO DAT! back at ya.

I hear there's gonna be a strong Brees blowing in San Fran today! :D

Back to Zaps, those Sumac pieces are looking real nice!

Gonzo,

reece

Mom, it was intense. I used a gram of kief, cooked in vodka and V8 over low heat. It would have been perfect if I would have just used a shot in my bloody mary instead of 16oz. I always forget to start slowly with edibles. One day I'll learn. That was over four years ago. My wife was pregnant with our youngest and all I could think of was, "What if she goes into labor right now?!?" I freaked myself out real good. Haven't had an edible since...

Yeah You Right Gonzo!

reece,

Nycdeisel

Wow Reece that sure sounds like a trip!!! I feel bad so many have to learn the hard way with edibles but it happens to the best of us.

Thanks for the pliers tip, Rick, I was looking at the tooty end thinking how the hell am i gonna get this out... :lol:

Nycdeisel,

cluffy

Vaker
If anyone's wondering who wound up with the funky Elm RZ... :D I feel lucky because I got to enjoy that beautiful Black Walnut RZ for a while. It's just too bad that she was too rotund to give me the type of enjoyment that I REALLY wanted from her. Everything happens for a reason. Rick, please let me know the fate of the beautiful Black Satin. I'm so happy to have that wonderful 'new vape on the way' feeling!!!

10-7%252520wood%252520stems%252520017.JPG
It was nice knowing you.

cluffy,

Rick

Zapman
cluffy, you surely got a classic CRZ. Classic in the sense that it will go into our recycle bin for re-turning. Way too much denser walnut around the heater sucked the heat right out of her. You might call the process liposuction with a chisel. One of the nice things about the re-design to CRZ is the ease of re-turning a Zap if we have to. We remove all the internals, chuck it up and let the chips fly and a new Zap is formed. The same wood will look much different with a few minutes on the lathe.
We offered cluffy and chib a replacement rather than wait for a re-turn process which would have delayed the turn around time for their Zaps.

Most of the day making 2x4s, then off to town for a grandson pizza party with family and friends killed the day yesterday for website work. My apologies for the delay(again). We have some units back up that we had taken down early last week due to a part back-order. Parts are all in stock now so we put them back up along with some new ones. Our apologies for the confusion. It has been a wonderful crazy, busy week that Mother gave us. Nice to have an extra shipping day off tomorrow.

reese, thanks for the thorough run down on so many differences to consider before you even fill a Zap tip. One of the nice things about log vapes is that they are NOT automatic. You gotta do a little thinking and tweaking now and then. Gin is my favorite. Now days, thanks to a dear friend who related the bar slang 'dirty' for adding a little olive juice besides the green olive, I have to watch it or I will be down quickly.

Rick,

Vitolo

Vaporist
ginl.jpg

I saw this Tanqueray Vase cut from a Gin Bottle.
I could not help but think of Rick's comment, and then think what a good combo the Zap and Tanqueray make (The "vase" is pretty Zap looking too!).
so.... I am posting the image for fun. :)

Vitolo,

Nycdeisel

momofthegoons said:
The dryness, characteristics of material, strain, etc. really can make a big difference as to how you load a stem full as well as what type of vapor will be produced. It gets to a point that you can almost tell what kind of hit you are going to get by handling the material.

Couldnt have said it better myself. This this this!^

DSC04863.jpg

What can i say? The camera loves 'er!

Nycdeisel,

JESUSgotNAILED

Send her to me Deez! Let me take her around the barnyard a couple times LOL.

Rick said:
Jesus, we must have spaced sending screens with your Tooty. I will send some out this week. The tip comes out easily, just grab with a pair of pliers and pull out with a slight twist. I know we sent extra silicone tubing for replacing the tip. Your problem will soon be fixed better as I have some custom made screens coming again only this time they will fit the SS stem tip tubing perfectly. Fixed better, take that Mr Ambrosi!

Yup, no extra screens here. I have an extra piece of silicone though so you did remember that part! :p Thanks for the pliers tip, will remember it. Should I send you my address in an email again or do you still have it laying around somewhere? I really appreciate it Rick!!!

Had an amazing stem yesterday, it was my first of the day (read: night) and I guess I just loaded the perfect grind and pack density because I got about 6 pretty thick skim milks that filled my bubbler up. It was great! I usually only get those kinds of hits for 3 or 4 hits, then it calms down quite a bit. Gotta love the constant learning associated with this vape.

JESUSgotNAILED,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
Nycdeisel said:
what? Nope I thought it was pretty obvious that was the same stem. sorry for not specifying Its just normal to me to get a few nice hits like that out of one stem. Its safe to say i have my technique down but like i say there is always room for improvement!

I don't think that my a.maple will produce like that. The black locust would for sure though. I'm still trying to decide if my a.maple is slightly off, or just slightly different. Nobody else seems to be having an issue with the a.maple. My black locust hits harder, and more consistent. BL gives me 2 "big", 2 "decent", and 1 or 2 "wispy". The a.maple is 2-3 "decent". I don't know if it's the shape (slightly fatter), the wood density, or some other factor. Seeing your video though, it seems like yours is going pretty strong.

Dude- I'm glad you're loving it. Going by what you were looking for, I figured it would match your needs. How does the mrs. like it?

The Tanqueray bottle makes a pretty kick ass vase. It brings back memories too. When I used to drink (down to a few beers a year now), Tanqueray was my pick of poison. Regular for mixed drinks, and No. 10 for straight or with tonic. Wild times.

Magic9,

Nycdeisel

Have you used it when you have a lot of light coming through the window? sometims you get a hit that you ordinarily might not see.

My black locust can still get one or two extra hot hits at the end of a stem load. but i notice the taste more now that i have been using the A maple which I guess is just a tiny bit cooler. It doesnt bother me much. However, the black locust will be going out to Rick soon enough.

Nycdeisel,

Rick

Zapman
Maquina, that adapter will work, assuming one of the plugs is 5.5 x 2.1 mm. It is a variable transformer also with upper output voltages that will fry a Zap in minutes. Do not go over 12.5/13 volts with a Zap or you will fry the heater and/or possibly char the internal wood.
NYC, I've got some sweet shells to to replace the cracked Black Locust. Where is the crack anyway? Show us a pic.
Magic, that Maple is J1, right? You could have an under spec heater. Do you have an ohmmeter?
Tanqueray is very nice but also very rare around Zapville

Rick,

Nycdeisel

Oy vey.

It starts where my thumb is and ends where my pointer finger is. It goes around most of that curve.
DSC04876.jpg

Here it is on the front. It starts on the right side and goes around to the back left of the unit
DSC04802.jpg

good to know you have some other nice ones, it makes me less sad to say good bye to this one.

Nycdeisel,
We were supposed to get extra screens for our tooty? I did not receive any either. However, now I know what the extra piece of tubing is for. I wondered about that.

TheDudeNextDoor,
momofthegoons said:
Dude, first, I would keep on it. The more you let it get gunked up, the harder it is to clean. First, make sure your stem full is really cashed. If it isn't, some debris can stay on the screen, especially around the little retaining ring. I would use either ISO or something like 151 or Everclear. I use a small travel bottle with a cap and let the stem soak, tip down for a while (how long depends on how dirty). Sometimes, I'll shake the bottle, but if there is a lot of debris in the ISO from previous cleanings, it can lodge in the screen. You may need to use something like a Q-tip to gently dislodge any stubborn debris, both in the stem and the tip. Just be real careful around the screen area, you don't want to remove the screen or dislodge it. You should not have to replace the screen for a long time if you keep up with your cleaning and are careful not to poke it out. However, if you should poke it out, it is pretty easy to put back in.

The screen replacement kit is a nice thing to have, but not necessary. It includes some tools that make it much easier when putting in the screens and clips.

Great tip, mom. Thanks. I took a large pill bottle and opened a hole in the lid big enough to seat the stem. Now I just fill it halfway with ISO, put the lid on, and seat the stem in it overnight after an evening with the zap. I'm suddenly finding great uses for all these pill bottles I've been hoarding. I told my wife I'd need them someday! :lol:

TheDudeNextDoor,
Top Bottom