Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

Vitolo

Vaporist
Happy BirthdaY cluffy, old friend!
cluf.gif

Vitolo,
Nycdeisel said:
No Problem, TheDude, I hope you have fun checking out the sites and find something that will pair well with your zap. I am here if you have questions though im sure the chat feature can help you as well!

about the grind. i just want to share my preparation. I use, and have used for a while now, a small 2 piece Space Case grinder. It always does the job i need it to, and as long as the starting herbs are dry enough, it will grind to the perfect consistency. I might grind a little finer then others, but im not sure as we dont see many photos of peoples starting material(after the daily grind... haha daily grind, all i think of is Vitolos video way back) in here. Its really important that the grind is even, having different sized bits here and there sometimes is a burden.

"Different sized bits here and there" is exactly how I would describe the grind I was getting before I started turning it upside down and grinding finer. I don't think I have found my happy medium yet, though. A new grinder is definitely in my future. I know I am getting a Space Case, but I will need to decide whether a 2-piece or 4-piece will be my better bet. What's the forum consensus?

This might be in my future as well :):

ALT-10-09-13-267.jpg

TheDudeNextDoor,
...Or this:

alt_1-7-12-167-edit.jpg

I'm liking that Aqua Labs site a lot diesel. Some high dollar stuff there but some really fine looking affordable pieces as well. These two are only $160, which seems pretty reasonable to me.

TheDudeNextDoor,

Nycdeisel

Yes, I am glad you like. Aqualab is the most well known high end glass site around(not including any forums like BoroMarket). I love my inline but i am curious about the disk... I may have to get one of those too. But if you get one i would like to see some more of it ;)

I believe there are quite a few who use the 2 piece SC for log vapes. if you look in the grinder thread its a favorite around here.

This inline was a great deal and if something happened to it I would not hesitate to get another!

P.s: My inline is not as tall on top of the splashguard as that one in the picture ^ its a bit of a smaller chamber over the inline. this is definitely not supposed to be a bad thing i am pointing out.

And just grab a 18>14 low pro adapter off that same site if its got an 18mm joint.

Nycdeisel,
Cool, so I need to make sure that I either buy a piece with a 14mm joint or get an adapter. Am I understanding that correctly? Also, forgive my noob ignorance, but I'm not totally schooled on the lingo yet, and I am not sure exactly what an inline is. Can you give me a pic?

TheDudeNextDoor,

Nycdeisel

:cool:

No worries, i am here to help you out so you know what you are looking at.

Yes thats correct. If its 18, you will need a reducer to 14. Both of those headford pieces are 18 but i have no problem using the adapter everyday, its not a hassle at all. very slim

Ok, the headford inline^ that first picture you ordered, that is an inline. That horizontal tube with a tube inside it with slits, that is the inline perc. But you just call it an inline. there are many inline tubes and bubblers out there, but they are not created equal.

Hops was the artist to first make the inline, and thus, he does them the best(there are usually some Hops inline pieces on ALT-aqualabtechnologies). The headford inline is based off of a Hops inline, and is a very good representation if it. It has very clean flame polished slits- 11 of them [on the Headford].

I would link some other inlines just to show you but i am having trouble with the site right now for some reason. If you can see it then just search for 'inline' you should get the picture :)

nevermind im on it

heres a small Hops Jahito inline bubbler
alt_11-5-11-127-edit.jpg

and a close up of the same inline
alt_11-5-11-134.jpg

and an inline tube
alt_10-26-11-33.jpg

still some problems with the site. it should be back up at some point later today. But yep that on the bottom is what an inline is. Pretty simple really(compared to other types of percs).

This is enough off topic fun, if you wanna talk more about glass you can email me.

Nycdeisel,

peterloveslubey

I ended up poking one of the screens out of the stem due to my clumsiness. (the aromazap works too well sometimes, i suppose)

is there any way to fix it myself or should I just purchase a few extra stems?

aside from that, loving my zap. perfect solo smoking companion. I could not ask for a better product.

peterloveslubey,
Excellent, deisel. Thanks!

peter, I've already accidentally dislodged the screen in my tooty - doesn't take much if you're trying to clean it -- I just worked it out of there with a eyeglass screwdriver and used the little wooden dowel tool to push it back into place. Pretty easy.

TheDudeNextDoor,

beach bum

Rick said:
beach bum, you were quick on that Ambrosia purchase. It sold within minutes of getting up there. So glad you found something that made you happy, even BEFORE you see it for real.
Rick-you did a nice job giving us a 'trippy' piece for our original MyrtleZap. Very psyched to see the new one 'up close and personal'. :)

beach bum,

Rick

Zapman
Today was a big day. We ended the sawmill job because Mother is supposed to bring lots of real snow real soon. We have not had any measurable snow yet this winter and are way overdue for a bunch. The sawmill we were using was loaned to us as a favor so we wanted to get it back before the snow hit. We did that today, after coaxing it out of our place on icy roads with the tractor. We ended that job a little early but have a very good feeling about getting the equipment back when we did.
That also means back to Zapville for me, full time. Orders received in the last couple days will not ship til Wednesday as I did not get enough time to even start them today.
Should be smooth sailing from here on, snow or not, as far as Zapville goes. I'll get some more website work done tomorrow as this day is almost gone for me. The stress of hauling a big sawmill behind an empty flatbed truck on icy roads took it's tole on me today, even though I was not driving. Much thanks to our son who handled today and the last five days of hustle just fine.
Much thanks also to the friend who let us use the mill. We have a nice little band saw mill but the one we were using made ours look like a toy.

Rick,

JESUSgotNAILED

Goood to hear Rick!!!

TheDudeNextDoor said:

peter, I've already accidentally dislodged the screen in my tooty - doesn't take much if you're trying to clean it -- I just worked it out of there with a eyeglass screwdriver and used the little wooden dowel tool to push it back into place. Pretty easy.

Really? That easy? Wow, so those super super small screwdrivers is the one you're talking about?

TheDudeNextDoor said:
We were supposed to get extra screens for our tooty? I did not receive any either. However, now I know what the extra piece of tubing is for. I wondered about that.

Hey Rick, I asked you a couple pages back but it got knocked back fast. :p Figure you didn't see it. Did you need my address again to send the replacement screens you forgot to include? I really appreciate it!

JESUSgotNAILED,
JESUSgotNAILED said:
Goood to hear Rick!!!

TheDudeNextDoor said:

Really? That easy? Wow, so those super super small screwdrivers is the one you're talking about?

Yeah, it worked really well for me. If you don't have one, I bet a toothpick would work, anything small enough and long enough to work that screen out. Then, just carefully replace the screen flush with the stem and use the little wooden dowel to push it into place. Go slow. You can feel it pretty well when it seats into place.

TheDudeNextDoor,

Rick

Zapman
I have your address, jesus. No problem.
But, I just sent this notice to a stem customer. This applies to ALL orders outstanding. We have to flow with Mother when She does her thing. Looks like we did a good thing getting the mill back yesterday. We would not even be able to move it today and it was right at the bottom of an icy driveway slope.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

UPDATE.......Your order will not ship til tomorrow(Wed) at the earliest.
We will not even be plowed out(1/2 mile of road) til later today, well past mail time. We have over 6" and getting close to a foot right now.
There could be further delays as today is supposed to be just a slow start to a heavy 3-5 days of snow so this could slow mail getting out of Spokane too.
Thanks for your patience.
Rick

Rick,

JESUSgotNAILED

Sounds good, thanks a ton Rick!!!

BRRRR is right Vito. Las Vegas is cold enough for me! I hate winter, I could NEVER move to a state like yours and live year-round Rick. As much as I LOVE green scenery and even though I'd probably fall in love with everything there, winter and fall would send me packin'!

JESUSgotNAILED,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
You guys can cross Chicago off your list. One sub zero wind gust and some of you sunbirds would crumble lol. Can't complain too much though, it's been eerily mild this year.

Rick, I do not have an ohmeter, although I should be able to get one. If you can email me a quick how-to, tha'd be great. No rush, it'll be days before I get to it.

I put 2 screens in a stem, grind fine with a 2 pc SC, and the black locust on 12v DC is a fucking beast. The abv is coming out just a shade below black. As dark as it can get without combustion.

THCMuscle, you have 3 now???? You bastard, lol. I know you have the redwood and the cedar (can't wait for pics, that one looked really unique), so I must of missed one.

Edit*
Cluffy, Captain Spalding is one creepy ass clown. Loved the movies and still hold out slight hope for a 3rd. Seeing your avatar, reminds me to schedule a movie-thon.

Magic9,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I remember when it was so warm in July, that I used a Vapor tamer with my Zap to cool down!

touch to remember the good ole summertime

Vitolo,

AgentofChaos

Serial Vapist
Magic9 said:
You guys can cross Chicago off your list. One sub zero wind gust and some of you sunbirds would crumble lol. Can't complain too much though, it's been eerily mild this year.
Haha +1 to that!

AgentofChaos,

cluffy

Vaker
"Neither rain, nor sleet, nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds," explained Vice President, Delivery, Henry Pankey, referring to the postal tribute chiseled in stone at the New York City Post office and the Smithsonian's Postal Museum, former home of the Washington, DC post office. "However, unsafe conditions such as unshoveled snow, icy sidewalks, or even snow plowed against mailboxes can slow or delay delivery." Hmm, Henry Pankey, do you suppose his nickname is Hankey Pankey?

Thanks for the B-day wishes, I made it 1/2 way to 90!!!!! :tup:

My mail lady won't deliver if my sidewalk isn't shoveled. No worries though, every time we've gotten a little snow this winter torrential rains wash it away!!! Here's hoping that all things Zap make it to their destinations 'posthaste' !!! :lol:

@Magic9: I have Vito to thank for the animated eyes, his GIF's are legend!! I love horror flicks and Captain Spaulding is probably my favorite character. Sid Haig's bio is interesting too: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0354085/bio
"What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aren't we fuckin' funny?"

cluffy,

Rick

Zapman
Some bad news and some good news.
Bad news is the snow has not stopped. We are in the middle of a Pacific Northwest big one. Plowing twice a day to stay open to the world.
The good news is some smaller brass stem orders left today. Many more should go out tomorrow as I have been holding any order that takes a SS stem tip screen, waiting for the new screens to arrive. Just checked and they are due tonight so I can get them in all the SS stems going out from now on. They will be a perfect fit for a a more bullet proof install and easier replacement of the screen.
The timing of the snowstorm and delays last week mean better screens in SS stems from now on. I have also been holding up sending screens out, waiting for the new ones to get here.
Zap orders or replacement Zaps will not ship til tomorrow at the earliest.
Thanks for the patience.

Rick,

Shiaten

Hey Everyone!
I'm new here at FC, but I've been vaping for quite some time now. I originally started out with an older vapir, and then almost exactly a year ago, I purchased a cherry wood zap, and a Silver Surfer vape at the same time. I was really excited about the zap, and tried using it several times to no avail, and read quite a bit of current chatter on some different forums at the time, and pretty much all of the references I saw to positive results discussed using fairly high quality herbs. It was at that point, I assumed that I just didn't have the quality of materials needed to utilize the vape, and put it aside, and have primarily used the SSV until now.

I got out the zap a few days ago, because I kinda got that new years impulse to save money again (much the reason I purchased it in the first place :-P) and attempted to use it once again. I went through maybe a dozen stems full, all with the same results. A single extremely light cloud of vapor, followed by absolutely nothing. I'm not entirely certain what I'm doing wrong either. I'm packing the stem very lightly, using extremely dry stuff, the stem is well seated, ect..... But the herb doesn't even change color, it looks exactly the same when I take it out as when I put it in, maybe just slightly darker.

Is the zap really not meant to be used with anything less that fairly high quality herbs, or am I missing something?

Shiaten,

Nycdeisel

Its most likely your zap. I want to say its not hot enough for very good results but I will let Rick be the judge of that :cool:

The type of herb you use matters, and quality makes quite a difference, yes. But from your post i am assuming its just not up to the proper temp! Best of luck! I know Rick will be able to offer some advice.

And fly me out there Vito! Im dying in this NY winter! in the summer i am a different person :D but really i am :uhoh:

Nycdeisel,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
Welcome Shiaten. It sounds like you have a faulty unit. Are you using a slow draw? It sounds like you are doing everything properly. Even if you weren't, you should still get better results than you are reporting

I recommend a "high quality" product be used, due to the fact that most people don't want to have to run through countless stems to get effect. With that said, I am officially out of the good and stuck with some cheap mids. While the effect is horrible, for some reason, I get bigger and more vapor clouds with it. I can't figure out why. I'm thinking dryness. I got big clouds with the good, but the mids are putting out smoke like clouds. Too bad it isn't potent, lol. Time to investigate cooking with abv.

Sorry I can't be of more help, others will be along with more useful info than I.

Magic9,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Shiaten, when you fill up your stems are you packing them down or leaving them loose? The zap works best with light, loose loads.

CentiZen,
Top Bottom