Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

Vitolo

Vaporist
the ob said:
Now I am just annoyed that Vitolo has more than me. I need to get more. To win. In addition to being a smartass, I am also very competitive. Ask Mom......
Work hard and work fast ob!
I started collecting and I seem to have become a magnet for the Old School Zaps, and I am not complaining in the least....

Most folks would not believe this but EVERY Zap in the house gets used at least once a week, and most more... and a Zapless day around here is non existant! :lol:

Vitolo,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
Copycats......or just share an impeccable taste? A piece of glass is next on my get list. Not soon, as I don't need one, but soon enough because I want one. Although some glass or another zap would be a tough decision to make. Has anyone figured out how many is too many yet?

I had to chime in because tonight I'm copying Vito. I heard about the iso cotton swab thingy and thought, sounds good, but I don't think I'd try it. Well, I wound up trying it. First hit, small inhale,kind of small. Second hit I fully hit it, and holy shit. That cloud was nutty. It did a super expansion thing in my lungs. After the coughing fit subsided, I'm fucking blown away. I'm not quite sure how many hits I'd need that would be "too many" but I'm guessing less than 10 and it would rival the high school days of trying to OD it.

Magic9,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Glad you had fun with that!
Sometimes, if I spill a drip of hash oil ... I just get a qtip with iso to clean it up... I will then dry it and vape it.
About "too much'... it can't happen.
I use each of my Zaps and I use them each often.
CRZ gets used the most... but here at our house... we leave NO Zap behind!

Vitolo,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
I cleaned the stem we've been using since we got it with a iso qtip and I think I can safely say it's amazing. Great tip.

Magic9,

Nycdeisel

I prefer to soak it in the ISO for a period of time. I use the handy bottle i got with my PD a while back.

Nycdeisel,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
Nycdeisel said:
I prefer to soak it in the ISO for a period of time. I use the handy bottle i got with my PD a while back.

I let this one build up, because I lost the screen in the other stem, so I didn't want to risk it, until I got the screen kit. I dipped qtip in iso, ran it through the center. I let the qtip sit for 2 days to evap. the iso, then I vaped the cotton. I usually shake in a baggie, but I wanted to try the "vaped cotton" thing. Worked very well.

Magic9,

JESUSgotNAILED

Magic9 said:
Nycdeisel said:

I let this one build up, because I lost the screen in the other stem, so I didn't want to risk it, until I got the screen kit. I dipped qtip in iso, ran it through the center. I let the qtip sit for 2 days to evap. the iso, then I vaped the cotton. I usually shake in a baggie, but I wanted to try the "vaped cotton" thing. Worked very well.

That is crazy how the cotton doesn't combust when people do that. I guess it just gets super super hot but not enough to burn it?

So you cleaned your stem with a iso-laden qtip and then let the iso evap then pulled the cotton off the qtip and put it in your stem and then proceeded to vape? So cool. How many hits / did it get you buzzed?

Also you guys, do you think it's worth it when cleaning stems to soak in ISO for a extended period of time then rinse, or to put them in ISO and shake shake shake then rinse (skipping the soaking)? I want to try to get the same oil qwiso I got after shaking my glass tooty in ISO and rinsing. Going to get unbleached cheesecloth soon too so that I can make sure no plant material gets in there...

JESUSgotNAILED,

placetime

THCMuscle said:
Hey guys,

I've been updating the CRZ page on Vaporpedia because it was so lacking.

Great job adding to those pages THCMuscle! They're much better now. :)
:peace:

placetime,
Hey Rick, do you send out emails when our zap has shipped? I didn't know if you sent tracking numbers or not. I'm hoping I was among those from the weekend that you shipped out Monday.

TheDudeNextDoor,

chib

Kush please
Great, my rockzap left SFC on the 4th according to the usps track and confirm and now It magically ended back up there today, 6 days of travel to come back to where it came from... wtf?

chib,

Nycdeisel

I was about to just say screw usps! but then again, they do get the package there eventually :rolleyes:

Nycdeisel,

Rick

Zapman
The only Zap order paid for and not shipped came in Monday afternoon. It should ship tomorrow. Two Zap orders and some misc stem stuff shipped yesterday. Several out Monday that should arrive today.
Shipping to and receiving anything back from Canada generally sucks.
What is, is.
We do appreciate the vaporpedia updates. Thanks to everyone who helped.

Rick,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
JESUSgotNAILED said:
Magic9 said:
Nycdeisel said:

That is crazy how the cotton doesn't combust when people do that. I guess it just gets super super hot but not enough to burn it?

So you cleaned your stem with a iso-laden qtip and then let the iso evap then pulled the cotton off the qtip and put it in your stem and then proceeded to vape? So cool. How many hits / did it get you buzzed?

Also you guys, do you think it's worth it when cleaning stems to soak in ISO for a extended period of time then rinse, or to put them in ISO and shake shake shake then rinse (skipping the soaking)? I want to try to get the same oil qwiso I got after shaking my glass tooty in ISO and rinsing. Going to get unbleached cheesecloth soon too so that I can make sure no plant material gets in there...

I dipped a qtip in iso (91%), then squeezed the excess off. Then I slid it in the stem. After pulling it out, I took the cotton off while it was still wet. Then I let it dry. I actually got two cotton tips. The one I vaped, had the least amount on it. Got 10 hits and lasted me through the whole night. The first one I hit like a normally would hit a stem and it was a monstrous cloud that had me hacking. So a little caution there. I'm saving the one with the most on it, for this weekends playoff games. I was nervous about trying, because I thought at least something would singe. Nope. Didn't even feel hot when I blew it into my hand.

My usual cleaning involves a baggie with some alcohol, soaking for hours with random shaking throughout. I did this even after qtipping it. I'm definitly going to try the cheesecloth too though. Loving the fact nothing goes to waste.

Magic9,

Albert Hofmann

Convicted vapist
I so want this sumo CRZ to be my favorite zap for daily use. It's a beautiful sight to behold, and it feels Super good in the hand, but it just doesn't churn out the vapor like my old school brass zap does. For instance, if I'm "zappin' it up" thru my bubbler, the brass zap milks it up nice and thick. With the CRZ, it's skim milk everytime. And the ABV always comes out several shades darker from the brass zap than from the CRZ. Don't get me wrong, I still use and enjoy the sumo CRZ. I'm just more satisfied with the vapor quality from the older zap. So I guess I'm interested in the opinions of some of you that have both the old and the new zaps, which do you find yourself using more often and why? And which one runs hotter/cooler for you?

Thanx y'all

Albert Hofmann,

treecityrnd

AH - Are you using the same transformers on the brass and CRZ? Is it a wood density issue?

Anyone have a variable voltage power supply? Can someone link me to a reliable one if so?

Have a good day Zappers and Zappets.

treecityrnd,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Albert, I have both old school brass and CRZ's. I also have a Sumo CRZ and it runs the hottest of all my Zaps. I do run it on the new DC transformer. I rarely use my brass zaps anymore, although I do occasionally in the morning. They are used more for aromatherapy now that the CRZ's are around. If you are not happy, I would contact Rick.

tree, I would not recommend using variable voltage with the Zap. I've heard of someone who fried their Zap using a 13.5. I think the temptation to amp up the heat would be too tempting and you may ruin your vape.

momofthegoons,

Rick

Zapman
Albert
I agree with mom about Sumos generally running on the hot side. Yours is the first I have heard with low heat. On the other hand, an old brass Zap with lots of miles on it and the right wood can get plenty hot too. We would be glad to take a look at your Sumo if you would like to send it back. I have found an occasional heater that tested under spec on ohms after they had been run awhile. That will cause low heat if that is the case. Send us an Email to get the ball rolling.
Tree, yes, wood density will always have some affect on vape air produced in most log vapes. As mentioned earlier we are finding that even with our insulated heatport assembly. There are also other factors that can affect the heat produced like the grain patterns in the wood which will affect wood density in different areas of the wood. The shape of the unit can also tweak the heat slightly. Heater specs will affect the heat produced for sure.
We do not recommend a variable transformer that goes over 12 volts. Our vapes work well on 12 volts. Our vaping air is smooth and stable and does an excellent job of extracting essentials. The quest for heavy vapor clouds, just a tad below combustion, would be best done with a variable temp vape designed for such things in our opinion. The CRZ is not turbocharged. Just a Chevy Bel Air. It does have a nice V8 with something special under the hood that runs 24/7. It is also very nice to hold and look at. A perfect match for MMJ patients is our goal.
Can you believe we had a flat tire on the Zap train? Those fucks do not get flat tires but it did happen. We had an event Monday that took us off the tracks through yesterday. We are back rolling again and will add a few more beauties to the website later today. Lots of things going on around here that need attention. Sometimes they bark when we don't expect the bark so we get off schedule for a day or two.

Still a basically no snow beautiful winter here in the Pacific Northwest. "They" say that will end this weekend. Wonder if we will get some of that Alaska stuff scooting down as we often do? Now THAT can slow us down too with 1/2 mile of road we have to plow to get out of here. At least we are ready for that one if it happens.

Gobrian, I finally got back with you this morning. Sorry for the delay. When a train gets off the tracks, it can be a bitch getting it back on so we miss even the little stuff. Thanks for your patience.

Rick,

Albert Hofmann

Convicted vapist
Thanx for the quick replies mom and tree.
Rick, I intend on conducting some intense side by side comparison experiments with the two zaps over the next couple of days. So I'll let you know what my thoughts are soon, thanx a bunch for making these great vapes for all of us to enjoy. As far as I'm concerned a zap is what makes a house a home.

Albert Hofmann,

Albert Hofmann

Convicted vapist
Nycdeisel said:
A couple hits through the inline with my black locust zap, it makes nice vapor
http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z53/WhatTheFuck_33/?action=view&current=MOV04855.mp4
Yup, looks like you get about the same level of milkiness with yours that I'm getting with mine. I suspect that mine is running at just about the temperature it's supposed to, and that my older zap just runs super hot. Seriously, the ABV from the old zap is almost black, and the vapor almost looks like smoke.

Albert Hofmann,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I have an Old School Zap, that will milk "one last hit" out of any stem... and turn it DARK.
I love them all!

Vitolo,
Top Bottom