Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

caseball2051

rotax said:
i was/am interested in refurbing my brass mzap.
but if the cost is similar to new, it'd be pointless imo.
is the SS core going to perform noticeably better vs the brass core?
i understand the 'safety' logic of material used, and an enclosed intake path..
but if i'm going to be paying a bunch for the refurb, i'd expect or want, to also see better performance.

still looking forward to what comes of this option none the less. if its cheaper than a 'new' NON-cermic model...then it'd prob be the better route to take.

i should be getting my refurb in tomorrow, or early next week. i can update you on this at that time. I sent my brass heater zap in for a transplant.

working with rick was a breeze and easy as usual

caseball2051,

the ob

all good in the hood.
momofthegoons said:
the ob said:
momofthegoons said:
^^^
smartrott, watch out! I'm at 5 Zaps already and have my eye on another one.... :lol:

which one? that is the one I want :brow:

:lol: Stinker! We'll see about that! :p

I put a tracking device in your brain :cool:

This is the reason I do not openly tell people which are my favorite. You have to be a stealthy hunter when it comes to your favorites around here......

the ob,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
biojuggernaut said:
So pretty much much the only things I can note about the RZ2 over its predecessor is taste, the different stem and maybe runs 5 degrees F hotter with the ceramic. Rick will wood ever have an influence on the RZ's? Taste is superb, and it hits many times. I do not grind up my material and still it gives me many generous hits. My cherry toasty top is still surprisingly hotter; but they are two different beasts. I love how you found a perfect balance with the gripper and mushroom models. I also like the burned lines; it looks very teak wood-ish. Hope this is what you were looking for Rick. Thanks again.

Interesting that the TT seems hotter. Have you tried swapping power supplies? Think I remember mom finding the Zap running a bit hotter with my PS.

Alan,

Rick

Zapman
Alan
How do I say this? The future of log vapes is to insulate the heatport/heat exchanger/heat core, whatever you want to call it, as much as possible so that it is all alone in the wood. Yours runs hotter because the wood is only providing X amount of insulation/thermal conductivity/whatever(again) you want to call it. Wood works better for looks than insulation of a hot mass of SS in the middle of the piece.

Lately I have been noticing more comments on other threads about this wood or that and how a unit vapes with a particular wood. Like the Mahoe, a real hottie. I know that about Mahoe because we did a few. For us, it was too hot. Too close to dark, dark brown, almost black ABV. The wood is very soft for a wood insulated log vape.

Our goal with the RZ is to make all units run very close to the same temp. No matter what the thing looks like, it makes good vapor, lots of it, and does a good job of it. The ONLY way to do that is to keep as much of the wood out of the equation as is possible, in our opinion.
We really would not want to have a customer use a transformer that may run our RZ hotter because it is just right where it is. More heat is not the answer. Continuous heated air at the perfect temp is the answer. Often hotter is too close to combustion for us anyway.

I also still question whether a transformer with more than one amp output(TT) will make any difference at all in the heat output. Perhaps the DC output of the transformer rather than AC output has more to do with more heat than added amperes.

Y'all ain't seen nothing yet. Our second weekend with RZ 'out there' will be even better than the first with new stuff and some special deals. I'll have more up on the website as the day/night progresses. We even have a new 'line' coming out. Well maybe a couple but the one that could be the most fun.....

......OUT ON A LIMB RZs

Rick,

Will B. Good

Vapesperado
It would be neat to see picture comparisons from the ABV of past and present Zap units. I think this would sort of state a chronology of the advancements made. This would also help those of us who still haven't made the transition to understand a little bit better what Rick explains on the heat matter and see how viable or just how much juice could still be sucked from that ABV.

Will B. Good,

RumbleShorts

I agree with Mon & NYC, if last weekend was any type of indicator, we are in for a treat!! Can't wait!

After one week in with the RZ2 I can honestly say the "little beast" has changed the way I go about medicating. The convenience factor is incredible, having the unit on 24/7 works like a charm. She is always ready to provide a perfect stem or 5 :) . She is now my go to device. I haven't combusted one time since I got her, I haven't even considered it.

Will B. Good,
Check out post #5597 from Uncle Vito, he has pics of ABV. It looks pretty close to mine. Of course, his is much more uniform than what i produce. But, it is a great representation of the type of ABV produced with Rick's new design.

RumbleShorts,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
There are also posts, if you go back far enough, of abv from the older brass units. Just got to do a little homework! :cool:

edit to add: Okay, I've looked back many, many pages and it looks like the abv pics are gone. Vito, maybe you can help out again?

momofthegoons,

kewpcer

Best tasting vape hit after hit I own, and rips like a dump truck. NOT a semi-truck, but still... fucking dump truck. Tweak with the temp more and taste suffers just so you can feel lazy for 2 hours. No thanks. I already take Benadryl...

Because I'm allergic to fricking herbs pollen.

Life is cyclical in all things. Or shall I put it...

"All of this has happened before, and all of it will happen again."

Fuck me. I have the "spirits of Friday" in me too early. :ko:

kewpcer,

SD_haze

thanks so much for the kief tip.
ending a stem off with kief is sooo simple & easy and works perfect.

coming from a heavy-hitting vape, the rockzap has taken some getting used to even if it does run hotter than normal, but with da kif ive definitely fallen in love with it big time

Anyone know how much you get in there and still have it work well?
time for some experimenting :brow:

SD_haze,

caseball2051

i generally put some fresh bud in the stem, then some keif, then more bud. it works weell for me.

note - using keif will gum up your screens quicker which will require more cleaning.

they are worth it though

caseball2051,

Rick

Zapman
AH..Fridays! I treat them like Fridays even when Saturday and Sunday are still work days. I love the lure of Friday, especially when I scored a bottle of some very good Gin, early in the day. Shit, it is 4:20 already and it feels like 4:20. Kinda like all day.
Zaplady and the old man had a little session with the Fuji a while ago. We finally hooked up the tripod. I think we may be getting better. We also are including other shots on each product with a beautiful hand holding the Zap for some size reference. Our thanks to a loyal FC member for some tips on this subject. That fucking bottle is Tanqueray even. Fun.
OUT ON A LIMB you say? What the fuck does Zapman have up his sleeve now?

So far, these are Black Walnut limbs but we may have others. I must admit, we will need to suck on these logs a little before releasing them. We do think they will suck good though. This wood is dry as a bone. It also would surely have been burned for firewood if the Zap Train had not stopped to pick it up. The bark will be on it forever. We think this could be a popular line, especially considering Aromazap is and always has been a LOG VAPE.

We call this one STUMPY
RZROLL1WEEK003.jpg

And STUMPY in the two most beautiful hands in the world so you get an idea of HIS size.
RZROLL1WEEK004.jpg

How about THE ROOT WAD, a word only known to loggers.
RZROLL1WEEK005.jpg

and here is one that is JUST NICE
RZROLL1WEEK012.jpg

These and others will be going up on our RockZap page http://www.aromazap.com/shop/zaps/ceramic-insulated-aromazap.html
in the hours ahead for a super Zapville RZ week celebration.

Rick,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Hot damn Rick.... these are really cool. I love Root Wad (God what a name!). He's asymmetrical and cool as hell.

edit to add: Gobrian, yours is very cool. Love the ripple effect. And, an hour is plenty of time. ;)

momofthegoons,

caseball2051

i actually like the one in the background of the last pic in that post. is that another rootzap or is that an illusion?

caseball2051,

smartrott

Oh Rick those look spectacular! :p I absolutely love the look of the 'logs'. Bet they sell quick.
Gobrian - giggity giggity.
I know I keep saying it but damn I love my new RZ.

smartrott,

Rick

Zapman
caseball, that is another OUT ON A LIMB model that will go up too. Not sure what to call it yet. Some weirdo thought about "SIT ON IT" but we have not yet decided.
Nice Zap Gobrian.
These are different for sure. I will have one fired for testing soon.

Rick,
Top Bottom