Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

kewpcer

That flamed spalt that "Beauty" is made from is some really nice stuff rick. Is it maple?

kewpcer,

guitarscreamngrowler

you guys are talking about retro rockzap i bought the monet yesterday, they arnt refurbished are they. i might be confusing it with rick talking about redoing old zaps.

guitarscreamngrowler,

the ob

all good in the hood.
guitarscreamngrowler said:
you guys are talking about retro rockzap i bought the monet yesterday, they arnt refurbished are they. i might be confusing it with rich talking about redoing old zaps.

no. that zap has a brand new parts. Rick is just calling it retro. I believe the colored zaps are all going to be from what he is calling the "retro collection"

it is not refurbished.

btw, it is Rick, not Rich :/

the ob,

Rick

Zapman
yes kewpcer, it is Maple.
ob, your mentioning preferences is noted. The burned lines are cool but some folks prefer the plain look. We will have some of everything and will veer in the customers direction for the main offerings. This is new to all of us, including y'all as they say. We'll get settled soon but you won't. We will just keep dazzling you, a little at a time. Don't forget, they all pull very close to exactly the same.
Anything mentioned on this thread regarding designs/wood grains/colors/etc for the new RZ will be duly noted.
By the way, that 'burned' effect on the BurneyShroom was done with leather, not a torch.
Damn, it is getting late for this old guy.
Thanks ob.

Rick,

the ob

all good in the hood.
that definitely makes it more interesting (the leather burns). very cool.

I would love to see one of those shapes held in a hand.

the ob,

guitarscreamngrowler

haha cool bro thanks, i adhd i type fast ha an dont re read so i mess spelling up sometimes. cant wait for rock zap to join my ssv an extreme q.

guitarscreamngrowler,

the ob

all good in the hood.
guitarscreamngrowler said:
haha cool bro thanks, i adhd i type fast ha an dont re read so i mess spelling up sometimes. cant wait for rock zap to join my ssv an extreme q.

me too my friend. I know how that goes. :)

the ob,

Nycdeisel

Oh im sure theres lots of good stuff to come! I should stop looking at all the pictures because like collegegrower I feel like there isnt enough room in my heart for more zaps at this point!

Im pretty vaked and am getting a bit confused withh all of these names, though im sure they are a blast to put the names on them in your head and on the site :lol:

That first one is post #5703, would fit great upside down on some glass (is that the BurneyShroom?) and you mean that those dark areas between the lines are made with leather? that is awesome! what great innovations Rick.

And that Beauty, damn :cool:

the lines look cool but its hard to give it a good rub down polishing it with the lines. Do all of the units now have that shiny coating applied? I love that and wish mine had it(more of it, rather, I treasure that little spot on the top that got some on it :))

I have been enjoying my RZ a lot since I got it, my other vapes are waiting patiently for their turn ;)
Its very very warm to hold sometimes a bit uncomfortable so but thats mostly near the top only when it touches certain part of my hand(this usually only happens in the morning when theres plenty of sunlight shining through the window, making it even hotter :o). I dont let that take away from the experience though, and itll be nice as the colder months arrive. it wont experience the seemingly dramatic heat loss that other logs suffer in a cold enviorment.

Nycdeisel,

treecityrnd

Still new in the log world, please forgive the ignorance. After using my new RZ for a night, I can see many advantages. However, coming from big hitters in the past, this may take some getting used too. Any advice on increasing the heat output would be great to easy my transition from the variable temp 7th floor monsters (that I love so much). Sock-blanket? Anyone have or try the 13.5V? Thanks again everyone.

Thanks for the stem packing tips already posted. Little different than a whip (:

Rick or other wood experts: "beauy" look like the same wood as my Plain Jane. Does the maple run cooler or does that even matter now with the ceramic insulation vs the old wood insulated units? From what I can remember, NYC believes that her cherrySSS was warmer than her other logs pre ceramics. Will the wood have any effect on the cape temp in these new "rock" units?

treecityrnd,

Nycdeisel

my SSS has no ceramic(do the regular SSS units now have ceramic even?). I was caught in the middle of all these new changes.

My RZ is the newest version as far as I know, and still runs noticeably hotter then my cherrySSS, that one has the ceramic.

Tree, you really wouldnt want to run a 13.5 transformer with the new RockZaps, as they are already hotter then any other log vapes from my experience. Someone here was using one of those with a Rockzap and Rick was happy when he stopped using that.

My RZ is PLENTY hot for my needs! wow this ones a hottie!

Nycdeisel,

treecityrnd

Thanks NYC, I have a feeling my challenge will be the reduced total concentration (small loads) as opposed to temperature control when really comparing my subjective state after using the 2 vapes.

treecityrnd,

smartrott

Man, I'm loving the looks of these new vapes. Tree and jack, yalls look great. Every piece is a one-off and I love that. The 'sweetie' is running like a champ, very warm to the touch. Off to work, hopefully it rains so I can do some more testing today. Yesterday was a blast, I felt like an 8 year old on christmas morning.

BTW Tree - 23! :)

smartrott,

treecityrnd

It definately feels like the day after Christmas this morning :lol:
I just want to stay home an play with my new toys. Us poor Americans don't get the luxury of "box day".

And thanks jack for your questions as they helped me greatly yesterday. These stems are so little and cute!

Smartrott- there's only 2 better than 23 IMO...Russell and KU's Wilt.

treecityrnd,

Nycdeisel

Yea you may not get very good hits if you pack too much or pack it too tight. the design of the whole thing is pretty restrictive air flow wise(i do notice since these stems are a tiny bit bigger then they used to be and that the rest of the air path is even wider, its easier to draw on the new units) so the way you draw and pack the step are extremely important. keep working on it :)

Nycdeisel,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
To replace your screen, you put in the screen (from the mouthpiece end), then the clip. To seat them you will need a tool of some sort. A thick bamboo skewer might work if you don't have the tool from the screen replacement kit.

edit to add: total brain fart. I should have looked at the damn stem before I answered. Sorry. It's put in from the tip end.

momofthegoons,

kewpcer

The 13.5v is too much for the new RZ. Tried it. It scorches the herbs before it finishes vaping. On 12v mine gives a hit like a moderately packed DBV (own it). Now if you're going to put a half inch layer in your whip, then there is nothing that will hit like that. Maybe the Cloud, but that's a 500 dollar vape that's designed to rip nuts.

Try this... If you have an old brass stem, clean the screen out really well, and put the adapter bushing on it, but don't push it all the way down. Leave yourself about a 1/4" extra, so you can put more of a charge in the stem. That will thicken up your vapor nicely.

kewpcer,

Rick

Zapman
It is actually better to put the screen back in from the tip end. The cast hole through the middle of the nylon is too small for the screen. I install the screen in the tip first, before installing the tip in the nylon stem handle, that is why I can get it in from the mouthpiece end. Once a tip is installed in the stem, any screen replacement should be done from the tip end for the easiest install.
I sent you a sleeve so old Zap stems will work on the RZ Bio, or am I mistaken?
ONLY the RZ has ceramic insulation. The old style wood only insulated Zaps(top install) have NO insulation around the heatport except the wood, as always. They do work very well but they are not in the same performance class as the RZ2 in our opinion.
We decided to change our product to be the best it could be. That caused a little chaos and customers not so happy they did not get in on the latest design. We would much rather deal with that issue than one of stagnation. If you do not move ahead in todays business world, well, lets just say that is not a good thing.

Rick,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Just got my RZ in this afternoon, WOW, I can not believe how native and true it looks and feels in my hand, the raw bark gripping my skin and the unfinished center has a gentle rough feel, at first look I am taken a back by its beauty, others may say something different, but I am astounded and captivated by Mother Nature. I just have enough time to get it plugged up and ready for later, gonna take mrs. ed out for some lobster tonight! Will have a great dinner, drink a few coldies and finish off the evening vaping blue widow in my brand spanking new RZ!!!

Thank you Rick!

Cant wait to post pics and such later!

Ed's TnT,

Rick

Zapman
Yea Ed, show off that log.
You guys and gals ain't seen nothin yet.
I think we just may have some more logs. This time they will be made as a finished product. Eds was just playing around with some wood, you know, how guys can be sometimes.

Rick,

SirElton

Ed's TnT said:
I am taken a back by its beauty, others may say something different, but I am astounded and captivated by Mother Nature.

+1 for me. The bark made me swoon for that design. I'm glad she ended up in the hands of a true craftsmen. :)

SirElton,
Top Bottom