Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

al bundy

Vaporist
Gobrian said:
rick... are the rockzaps coming out that soon man?
I dunno if id be able to handle the buyers remorse since im strapped for cash... could we maybe do a thing were you hold on to the $$ and I pay the diff later? Maybe we should discuss this on pm....

If you have paypal you can apply for bill me later through paypal and have six months no intrest.

al bundy,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I don't think that's going to be necessary. I think Rick will work with Gobrian. My understanding is that he is pretty darn close to "liftoff" with this thing and that it will be on the shopping cart very soon. My suggestion would be for Gobrian to shoot Rick an email. :)

momofthegoons,

SD_haze

:cheers: cheers vit
friday beta day !

my new baby was waiting for me coming home from a history test (what a great reward) and even with high expectations from all the rave reviews, this thing blows me away.

I love the grain, looking at it from each angle, each profile is very unique.

I took the first hit pretty early (maybe 7-12 mins) when it was lightly warm and got great tasty non-visible vapor, and then @ ~20mins I took another and got lightly visible.
After those two the bud looks extremely lightly vaporized and already feeling quite medicated (1st vape of the day)

Working soo quickly + small size + better airflow truly makes this the exception for using log vapes in groups & bringing it over to a friend's place.

Overall First impressions: 11/10!

(modified marlbro box for reference, no I didn't/dont smoke baccy, hadn't been born for two decades when it was made :lol:)
quatrob.jpg

SD_haze,

Rick

Zapman
Thanks for that Vito. I hesitated sending you Mable after we rockZap1'd her with a concrete cup, then recycled to the ceramic insulated version bcause she was warmer than the others to touch. The wood is actually birch and I had missed that originally. You liked it so much I sent it anyway, knowing your hands could use the heat. Mable also has a thinner wood shell than most so she is hotter on the outside. The ceramic insulator took close to 20 degrees off the outer shell temp, compared to the cement rockzap.
The screen is the same mesh as always. You possibly got one of the more ragged punched screens that appear to be a larger mesh because it got twisted and stretched. Our recent order of pre-cut stem screens will eliminate any seeming variation in the screens.
You may also find she settles down on the outside temp as I found that with several of ours. They were cooler on the outside after a day for some reason.
TV, the chuck is a Barracuda brand, 4 jaw and I love it. A totally new lathing experience. Thanks for the comments on my friend. He is much more than a friend as he is showing me how business is done if one is super serious about product development. By the way, I found out today he guarantees every product he sells for life. From here on we will be referring to him as Bobo. He likes the BooBoo pronunciation because of a childhood work experience but we will spell it Bobo. And it is actually Bobo and pard, his wife of 30 years. She is also contributing, especially in our new product line. As we can see Bobo is anything BUT a Booboo.
New product you say Ricky?
No big deal until you see some of what will be coming. WOODEN VAPOR STEMS,only ours will be a little different in that our SS tip tube goes through the entire wood portion. No exposed wood in the vapor flow, only stainless steel.
RZrollout014.jpg

and the view showing the 'mouth' end.
RZrollout015.jpg

These stems have a food grade finish and the full length stainless tube is press fit into the wood. No glue of any kind is used. The total SS tube pull is very nice and cools the vapor well, even in these short stems. The ones here are about the size of our nylon stems, about 3 inches long.
We will have many variations of these stems. Some longer, some very trippy wood and some will be colored. They are all wood but the colored ones will blow some minds seriously. We will be building that inventory as the days pass.
Gobrian
I'll hold off on your Zap for a bit. Let me know if you see anything you may like in the pics below or if you like a style. Email works best for me on communication.
I will do my best to get something on the website tonight but it may be tomorrow before we get all that shit together.
Now, some more Bobo Creations. We(AZ)will be doing just turned stuff and will not be doing any laminating.
RZrollout001.jpg

A favorite
RZrollout007.jpg

One for the Shroom line.
RZrollout008.jpg

My favorite so far.
RZrollout002.jpg

Everything you see and more will be available today or tomorrow on the website. Everything you see are RZ's. These Zaps do not use the wood to insulate.
WE USE THE WOOD TO TITILLATE, NOT INSULATE.
Told you all competition was a good thing for consumers!

Rick,
  • Love
Reactions: Vitolo

placetime

WOW! Kicked up another notch. :cool:
What makes those so shiny compared to previous Zaps? Or is that just the lighting?

placetime,

Rick

Zapman
placetime
They are extra shiny because we use a different finish. It is a food grade finish with walnut oil, carnuba wax and other stuff. It is a friction/heat finish designed for lathe work. You apply it, then spin the piece and get it all hot while spinning with a soft cotton cloth. The friction heat sets and cures it and leaves it as shiny as you see. These really do not need anything else. I doubt the bees wax will penetrate much, maybe a little.
See anything you like placetime? I have not spaced your Email, just waiting a bit to reply as so much is happening every day.

I also want to add these new stems fit so nice in the heatport, a new dimension to Zapping is happening. The Turbo effect. It is so easy to spin the stem while pulling for a more even distribution of vape air through the stem tip contents. Seems that way to me anyway.

Rick,
  • Love

placetime

Rick said:
placetime
They are extra shiny because we use a different finish. It is a food grade finish with walnut oil, carnuba wax and other stuff. It is a friction/heat finish designed for lathe work. You apply it, then spin the piece and get it all hot while spinning with a soft cotton cloth. The friction heat sets and cures it and leaves it as shiny as you see. These really do not need anything else. I doubt the bees wax will penetrate much, maybe a little.
Makes for a very nice effect, imho.

I have not spaced your Email, just waiting a bit to reply as so much is happening every day.

No worries. Obviously you've got a lot going on right now. ;)

placetime,

Rick

Zapman
OK, some words late in the night for me.
My apologies for not being as personal as I normally am to those who wanted to get in the RockZap line before we had them up on the website. We are offering individual units in stock. I am getting the website ready tonight. I will put them up all at once at post that on FC, then whatever happens, happens. When they sell, they are gone but you can be sure I will get more of the same(similar) back up very soon. This is the best and fairest way for me to do this. No lines on these except in the shipping department. Whatever is purchased over the weekend will ship Monday for an expected Wednesday arrival.

And now the news I have to take some more pictures. Zaps are in the shop and it is 8 PM. NOTHING UP TIL TOMORROW AM. Same plan, just tomorrow morning. I am too old and Ginned up to finish this right tonight. I am guessing maybe 7 or 8 AM pacific I will be back with news we are ready to go as I will be up and atem way before that.
We are all off til 7 tomorrow AM at the earliest.
Thanks for you patience.

Rick,
  • Love

psyshaman

Vapor Viking
Rick, the shroom line have me drooling..... :cool:
If my avatar isn't obvious enough I have a great love of fungi.
Be it just awesome looking amazing fungi you find in winter when the Aussie bushland is so lushes, vibrant and not so sunburnt like the rest of the year...
The tasty edible kinds or the mysterious and wonderful magical kind which grow like weeds all over the local country side where I live...
But my RockZap1 has me quite medicated which is also contributing to the drool factor!

psyshaman,

Nycdeisel

wow! just stunning! i think theres going to a zap overload in my brain! so many new zap toys!
so do you think the wood stems lined with SS(name for these is ?) could be cleaned somehow?

Nycdeisel,

kewpcer

Rick. If it turns out that I can't get my beta from the post office, you could always send me that spalted unit in the last picture that you seem so fond of :D

And kudos on then new stems design and being the first to claim (exclaim?) and all SS airway in a log vape.

And can I just say that as a young whippersnapper just getting near the halfway mark on this race we all run, and one that worries about getting behind in life, I can only dream that I'll keep the passion and drive my whole life like you have. You are truly living a treasure of a life Rick. You make so many people so happy with what you love to do and I'm in awe of that. That is the mark of a true artisan.

kewpcer,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
NYC, yes; the stems will be able to be cleaned. That is one of the reasons Rick had the stainless go through the entire stem. I would imagine a thick pipecleaner or even a qtip soaked in whichever cleaning agent you prefer would do the trick.

momofthegoons,
  • Love

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Wow, gotta say super awesome job on the stems, all SS from the intake through the whole process to the outtake which is the best part!!! You done real good Rick! Got me to thinking what could be next though, you have made ground breaking leaps in all areas and aspects, what the hell could be next?????

Hmmmmmm??????

The sheen on those pieces are outa sight my man, I dig you r mix and like the shine!

Well done!!!

Ed's TnT,
  • Love

Rick

Zapman
OK, I am putting RZ stuff up on the website now.
No wood stems til we build up some inventory, early this week.
They are going up one at a time, starting with the regs.
We should be able to ship Monday.
Open to suggestions on more accessories.

USE THE DISCOUNT CODE IN MY SIGNATURE BELOW
more up in an hour or two.

Rick,

SleepyHead

I see 5 good lookin units, is that all or are the others in that image you posted going to be up this morning as well? Looks good!

SleepyHead,

SleepyHead

Also Rick, having trouble trying to order one of these. I try to add it to the cart but it fails to add and my cart is empty :/

Hope somebody doesn't buy it before me because of this..

SleepyHead,

treecityrnd

rzrollout003.jpg

Thanks Rick! Please check your email when you get a chance. Jane looks beautiful. Cant wait to get her in my hand!

treecityrnd,
Top Bottom