Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

turtles

Rick, I just recently got a unit with the SS heating core, will I be able to use the new stems with my older unit?

turtles,

the ob

all good in the hood.
global is a word that will make a lot of people very happy.

you will sell a ton of these if you can figure out a way to ship globally as I think you might be the only one I know of that will do that (of this type)

I am sure somebody will correct me if I am wrong.

the ob,

Gobrian

Thanks to the nice couple of gentlemen that pointed me in the right direction in chat tonight, it looks like I will be ordering a nice cherry ss zap tomorrow! It will replace the mflb I have as my main vap unit, so excited!

Gobrian,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
RumbleShorts, I am also very happy to hear that you finally have had the Zap experience! :D

OhTheAgony, I would be hesitant to use anything other than the 12v with the new RockZap. It runs very hot. I think you would reach combustion with a 13.5v. My abv comes out a very dark brown with this Zap.

Welcome to the Zapville family Gobrian! You are going to love your new Zap.

And treecity, looking forward to having you as a member of the family too! I know you will be a happy camper!

I wanted to add one more thing to my review. One thing that has really struck me is how this new Zap holds it's heat. There's absolutely no wait time between hits. I think we now have a log vape that can be used with a group. :cool:

I also realized that we now need a new acronym. We really can no longer call these MZ's. These newer models will have to have their own initials; the RZ.

Global..... has a real nice ring to it, doesn't it? :D Good morning Zapville!! :wave:

momofthegoons,

collegerower

Wow. I am just amazed at what Rick is turning the log vape category into. Never thought I would see green and red zaps. I personally like the beautiful wood to speak for itself, but will be interested to see if the colored take off.

The "butt plug " reference made me laugh. Funny how different shapes make people think of different things. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

collegerower,

kewpcer

Out of all the things I thought that shape favored, I never thought of buttplug.

I guess buttplugs just aren't on my mind that much...

kewpcer,

reece

Wow, I had a hard enough time choosing between light or dark wood. :lol:

Great job Rick and Zaplady. Not too long ago you were quite content with only a few choices and nothing fancy. Slowly but surely you became more open to new ideas like glass stems and more wood choices. But you recognized which way the flow was going and you went with it. Now it's like Zap to the future, full steam ahead.

I'm so excited.

reece,

kewpcer

Hey rick, can you turn the nylon tube stock on your lathe? Maybe make a shorter stem with a bevel on the first inch to fit the 14mm GonG on a water piece? Maybe just a tad sharper angle to prevent sticking.

Just an idea.

kewpcer,

Gobrian

Just ordered mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11oneone

I decided to get the Myrtle Wood instead of the Cherry wood... how long you guys think till it gets here?
I CAN"T WAIT

random, if I was to move abroad in the next month after using this unit, what would I have to clean in order for it to be clear to take in my luggage over seas? (if you're thinking globally rick, i might be going to the leading economy in south america to work and study postgrad business there, a place were weed is relatively chill and people have $$$ to spend :))

Gobrian,

SD_haze

kewpcer said:
Hey rick, can you turn the nylon tube stock on your lathe? Maybe make a shorter stem with a bevel on the first inch to fit the 14mm GonG on a water piece? Maybe just a tad sharper angle to prevent sticking.

Just an idea.

that would be perfect for a vertical load tube
simply SS & glass (& water)

SD_haze,

SirElton

Gobrian said:
what would I have to clean in order for it to be clear to take in my luggage over seas?

Just the stems. No herb touches the unit in any capacity except for the stems.

SirElton,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Rick said:
Rumble
We are so glad you are happy. When you were having problems with RockZap1, it was very clear to us that you were trying. Trying everything. We would grab on this or that and say, "well, maybe if you tried this or that......"(we means the Zapville FC family) I had a gut feeling we were not on the right track.
So good to hear you like the new version and actually are experiencing a vapor thing that even old Aromazap customers have not experienced. These do seem to work very well and all so close to the same performance. We can cool down the output plug heat. I took a wiring shortcut on some because they are so short, compared to the old Zaps. That is probably why you feel the heat in the plug. I neglected to include a small brass sleeve that will slide in the new SS stem sized heatport and allow you to use the old Zap stems with a nice fit. I did send one along with the Betas shipped today as mom passed on the same concern to us. We are shying away from leds on these units. They are smaller Zaps and so artful it is almost a shame to put in an led. We will probably offer that option but it will come at a price.
Thanks much for the review RumbleShorts.
OhTheAgony
Buttplug I am sure is one way to refer to the human Penis but many of us do not have the same definition of such a fun personal 'wood'. Whatever ones definition, it may prove to be popular. If not, we will discontinue the line. We are after different markets now. It is a new world out there.
BTW, if you are from the Netherlands, you may be a happy camper before too long. If I now mention the word 'Global', I am getting seriouser and seriouser. Canada, EU, AU, and The Universe only knows where else. We are talking seriously about you these days. (in the back room of course)

Hey Rick,

first of all I'm really really happy to read about the global/EU part of your post, especially after seeing your latest designs. I used to be lusting after a PD ever since I discovered this website, but after recent developments I'm leaning more and more towards one of your new designs, and it does make me a very happy camper/user/vaporist that they might be coming this way soon. I hope you didn't take offense in my buttplug reference, but that is simply what those mushroom models remind me of. Probably says more about my own twisted mind than about your designs.

Just keep doing what you're doing please, you already got at least one fan over here.

OTA/Marcel.

Mom:

Thanks for the reply about the AVB color. I've been actively vaping for just about 10 months now and only learned about the fulfillment of high temp vaping ever since I got my (Arizer) Solo just two months ago. Kinda of funny since my only other vape was a SSV which is known to kick ass but somehow didn't do the trick for me. User error I'm sure, but nevertheless. My AVB gets dark brown as well if I put my Solo at setting 6, but I can get it basically black without burning on it's highest setting of 7. It doesn't taste very nice at that point, but it does get me to where I need to be and I'm just wondering if the new Zaps can do the same. Do you reckon they can at 12 volts already, or do you think it would require some experimenting on slightly higher voltages?

OhTheAgony,

NiceLungs

Account Closed
Damn Rick, I just read the site and it's great that you have updated materials. I hope you sell MANY rockzaps. I know I'll soon be on the order list :)

We appreciate your dedication to continuous improvement.

NiceLungs,

Rick

Zapman
kewpcer
We can and are now doing some stem work on the lathe. I will add your request to my 'tinkering' schedule. It should be simple and quick to trim the end down to better fit that GonG fitting. The nylon material is relatively brittle and does not turn easily but that end should be a snap. Thanks for the suggestion. We will try to get those shorter too. As I said earlier, these new RZs(thanks mom) will work very well with glass because they are smaller and lighter yet offer heavyweight performance.
Did I forget to mention these are good old 24/7 units? Keep them on all the time if you want, or on and off if that is your preference as they do heat up quicker than wood insulated units. We use the same heater and heatport in all of our vapes. Same heater since 2001.
OhTheAgony
No offense taken. Different strokes. It's a big world out there. We all have twisted minds to some degree, thank the Universe.
We will be opening new doors to new markets in the near future. Not just global markets but also different product choices for everybody. Same basic product but all different yet all produce the same. We are also preparing for an 'on the shelf' purchase experience for customers with orders shipped in one to two days because they are completed and in stock.
Gobrian, your order should ship Monday for an expected Wednesday arrival. We will send all the shipping info when we ship. Thanks much for the order. You do know it is not a rockZap that you ordered?
ah turtles! You can use the new stems in the old units with an adapter I will be making but it will be a little hassle. Using the old stems in the new heatport will be easier. And yes, you DID say you liked the original RockZap name so you get a special treat. Email me and we will get something worked out that may make you happier.
I should have some new eye candy today for our enjoyment. Also a new product that is out of the design stage and into production. No, we are not changing the RockZap.
Back later this afternoon. Getting much closer.

Rick,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
OhTheAgony, I would not say that the abv will get black. There is usually a little "spot" in the center of the stem pack that's a very dark brown though.

I don't know if it's because I had a couple days off, or if it's this vape, but I do notice a difference in the high I get from the RZ. I would be considered a heavy user and have been for many, many years. So, I have a hard time thinking it's a tolerance change. This Zap really packs a punch. And when I said be careful of the first hit, back when I was beta testing the first cement Zap...... well that goes double for this one. Nearly knocked my socks off. :o I've also noticed two things. One; I only need one stem full to get where I need to (this is very unusual). And two; I have absolutely no desire to use my whip vape. Used to be, that there were some days I would have to pull it out for that big hit that gets the job done NOW! The hits I get off the RZ are meaty enough that I no longer feel the need.

Looking forward to seeing what you've got going on now Rick. I love eye candy! :lol:

momofthegoons,

turtles

I used my SSV for the first time since I got my zap last night before bed, I was actually pretty disappointed with it compared to my zap.... guess that's job security for rick then :lol:

turtles,

collegerower

Something else new coming out of zapville? Hold on everyone!

Can't wait to see what zapville has been up to now.

collegerower,

Gobrian

rick... are the rockzaps coming out that soon man?
I dunno if id be able to handle the buyers remorse since im strapped for cash... could we maybe do a thing were you hold on to the $$ and I pay the diff later? Maybe we should discuss this on pm....

Gobrian,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
I really like the thimble design Rick. Now there are only the edge of two hot washers that are contacting the wood. Very little surface area to transfer the heat energy to the wood. You and your friend have devised a nice system of thermal isolation.
Your friend is quite a wood turner. Very precise pieces. I can't wait to see some of the units that you have turned on your new lathe. What brand did you get for your 4-jaw chuck? Have you tried any bowls yet? The chuck makes it so much easier. Maybe some lidded boxes? You will be turning on a whole new level soon.

Alan,

CaptainQ

Rick I cannot think of anyone quite so worthy of my first post, you are as good with your customers as you are with your wood. The news of retailing to overseas markets is really exciting, maybe Australia will finally get its dream Log Vape?

CaptainQ,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Today I was as excited as I have ever been to get home from a trip to the Post Office!
I knew what was in this package already, and my fingers were itching to open it
DSC00158.jpg

"Hey Jacob Daddy's got a new way to medicate!"

the first thing I noticed, was that this Zap was beautiful!
She was not as brightly colored as she appeared in her original photo shoot. The wood grains are very clear, and the finish also was more natural than I expected.
Mabel is totally natural looking in every respect, and although buffed well she still took a layer of ZaPolish and soaked it in.
Slightly more compact than her sisters, she is still a good size.
DSC00159.jpg

She came with a special SS Vapor Tube, and if you peek to her left you will see a bushing. This was sent along so that the original brass stems from the Zap could be used as well, since this new Heat Port is a slightly larger bore.

About the stems. They are exactly the same thickness but are about 1/4" taller.
DSC00162.jpg

I tried various grinds of herb, and compared the SS Stem to the older brass stems, and I found I could consistently get between 5% and 8% more herb into the tip if I wished to fill a bit heavier. This may be good, as Mabel the Beta RockZap runs hotter, and can handle a bit more of a "stem".
The mesh of the screen that is in the new SS Stem is a wider gauge that the Brass Stems.
DSC00164.jpg

During Stem capacity testing I did notice that the older brass stems restricted the passing of "duff" the finer dusty components found in dried average grade bud. The New SS stem allowed a tiny amount of the dust through, BUT, I was testing hard, and using a very dry fine blend for this portion of the evaluation, that most of us would not likely use.
The brass stem with the adaptive bushing added fits into the heatport slightly more snuggly than the SS stem's tip. I attribute this to an interesting "side finding' The brass stem seemed, in spite of a slightly smaller capacity, able to get a hit or two more than the SS Stem. The Brass stem with the bushing also got a darker ABV each time.(smaller screen gauge should possibly be taken into account?)
The SS Stem worked magnificently though, and these comments are not by any means recommended changes.. just observations!

DSC00160.jpg

You can see that she is much has a natural look to her, and her coloration is an enhancement in my eyes now that she is here.
The grooves are definitely functional. That is without any doubt. It makes here easy to hold.
I can not say I was not forewarned about her warmth. Rick did reveal that these guys would be hot!
They make an excellent tool for warming hands, easing arthritic pain, and giving massages!
DSC00161.jpg

The first session, I had to get used to her temperature, by holding her a bit gingerly and passing her from hand to hand a few times. I could see that for some the warmth may be a surprise but it is like putting your hand around a hot cup of liquid you do get desensitized after a few minutes and find that you can hold it.
For those with sensitive hands, the bottom 1/3 of the cylinder remains cooler to the touch.
I was working with three stems for the "back to back" hit test.
One was the new correctly sized matching SS stem, and two were brass stems with bushing. Using a handkerchief, I was able to easily switch the bushing impervious to heat, and it went without a hitch.
Mabel slowed down in production on back to back stem 3 but needed only 15 seconds rest to give another hit!
The hits were more evenly divided than with Mabel's older sisters.
From Ravin' on up through the youngest ones They give 2-3 good hits, then the assorted 2-6 finishing hits.
Mabel is giving 6-7 good hits, then 1-2 week ones and she's done.
Speaking of done
After this mornings hours of testing Mabel.
I am pretty "well done"!
The verdict is. Mabel The RockZap with the new SSS Heatport is a hottie.
I have one brass Zap that runs hotter (Kushin'), but even she can not perform the back to back hits that Mabel showed me here today.
I certainly think that the extra bushing that was sent out to accommodate the brass stems should be available for a time. I already would like to have 2 so I can devote a couple of stems to use with Orange Mabel, until SS stems become available.
Good Show Rick!
vaporsmile.gif

Vitolo,

al bundy

Vaporist
I dig the size real nice, and small too, about the size of the Solo,
Hmmmmm a battery op rockzap
Still waiting to see these for sale,maybe I can buy a beta not spoken for.
Great job. Definitely taking a Zap when I go to Fla at Christmas.

al bundy,

kewpcer

Thanks for the insight Vito. Mabel looks like a peach!

A question... How long would you say your hits are?

kewpcer,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Nice review Vito! But I'm a little confused about one thing regarding the amount of hits. You said:

The brass stem with the adaptive bushing added fits into the heatport slightly more snuggly than the SS stem's tip. I attribute this to an interesting "side finding' The brass stem seemed, in spite of a slightly smaller capacity, able to get a hit or two more than the SS Stem. The Brass stem with the bushing also got a darker ABV each time

but then said:

From Ravin' on up through the youngest ones They give 2-3 good hits, then the assorted 2-6 finishing hits. Mabel is giving 6-7 good hits, then 1-2 week ones and she's done.

which seems to say they get about an equal amount of hits, but Mabel gives you more hits in that amount that are substantial. I also find it interesting that the abv from the brass with the fitting is darker. I'm not able to test that until I get a bushing. I'm getting some pretty dark abv with the RZ, especially compared to the MZ.

And...congratulations on being able to count your hits... :lol:

momofthegoons,
Top Bottom