Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

kewpcer

Rick, would it be possible to make a similar finish that we could apply to the older zaps? Maybe with a polish ball that goes in a cordless drill.

kewpcer,

SD_haze

I thought i read that you could use a needle to poke a stem's screen to de-clog it, so i tried, and i ended up dislodging the screen so it went from horizontal to vertical but still stuck in.

is it supposed to do this? i didnt feel like i was poking that hard, but maybe you arent supposed to on the sides?

I was able to nudge it back horizontal so it seems fine now, altho it might not be 100% level. Is there any way to reset it or did i permanently damage something that would need the screen replacement kit?

I guess with the wood & GonG stems there's good reason to order more soon :)

SD_haze,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I wanted to see if I could get one full hit (maybe even a second?), from Mabel, my "hot ass" RZ...
through a Frozen Vapor Tamer's 4 bends... a 2.5 foot whip... and a bong with water in it!.. and still get visible vapor.
:o THE TEST :o

Vitolo,
Can someone tell me why the RZ does not respond well to a voltage adjuster? I bought one ran the zap at for about an hour saw no bigger clouds and put it back to the 12. Why is that? When I amplify the voltage going to my top and the the UD the clouds double.

Also Rick why can the rz pull so many hits is it because the heating element is so far away from the screen?

Vitolo NOICE video! That is insane, you must have some good meds. My rz fills tubes too but that was sooo far in length.

biojuggernaut,

Nycdeisel

WHOA. :whoa: that looks like a really fun setup, haha I love all the parts! The quality of that video is nice, too! I like this type of 'episode of VTV :D

and Sweet pulls! i love the way the rockzap hits in the bong, and that video is proof it can do much more! i should get some good videos of my own of vaporbonging with the rockzap(not with nearly all the cool pieces you used there though :cool:).

:peace:

Nycdeisel,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Wow Vito.... you've really put Mabel through the test. And she passed with flying colors! :D

A real testimony to the "power" of these little beauties. Makes me want to run upstairs and get my bong going this morning....

momofthegoons,
hello rick,is there anyway possible to still order the best deal going,ive been saving all my extra cash for months to get it and now that i finally have all the money together i see you discontinued it.:(

if you can please help me out in anyway that would be great if not then i guess i gotta keep saving for a few more weeks...

tonster0161,

Rick

Zapman
Wow! where do I start?
First, Vito. My God you can make some good vapor old man! All that tubing and stuff too. Way too complicated for me but you surely got the point across very vividly. These CRZs do make vapor and all you can squeeze out of a tiny tip full too. Vito, I need to get you a GonG tapered short stem.
And they make good vapor too. Bio, I was very intrigued by your comments. The heating element is right below the screen in the heatport. I do think the real answer to your question is the point we have been making for a while now. Insulation of the SS mass. PROPER insulation of the SS mass by minimizing wood as an insulator. Insulating with wood means internal heat temperatures will fluctuate more. Hit the heater with another volt and up she comes(temp). Cooler ambient air and down it goes. This wood or that(or a mix of woods) and it will run hotter or cooler. We see that happening all the time with the traditional wood insulated log vape. The insulating blanket we use, installed in a totally sealed chamber out of the vapor airpath, is rated to 1500F degrees. That means it can take roughly 3 times the heat produced in a log vape with the heater we all use. This is real insulation designed to keep heat on one side of it. When we wrap it around the outside of the SS heatport, it keeps the heat IN THE MIDDLE where it belongs. So we have more oomph but not too hot. If you had left that baby on the higher voltage for a longer period, you would get that close to smoke vapor eventually. We are glad to hear the CRZ/RZ does NOT get up to that temp easily. There are vapes that do that. We are not making one to do that.
To be honest, we had no clue the results in performance would be this good. We were mainly trying to protect the wood so we could use different species and designs. It does make sense though. Use insulation to insulate. Use wood to titillate. And last a long long time.
kewpcer, there is too much wax on old units to apply a new finish over it. If the wax was all sanded off, that would be a different story.
SD_haze, the first screen installs in the SS tips may not have been the best. We had some screens that did not fit so well. Send me an Email reminding me of your address and I will send you some screens. You just dislodged it.
Speaking of screens, we will have a super offer on them soon. I have gobs and gobs of perfect 1/4" screens that fit our stems perfectly, especially the old brass stems. Maybe today.
I will put a few stems up today. I am going to do them individually in the beginning as our inventory is low and they are all so different. Never thought I would do that with stems(on the shelf, like the RZs). More work for me but happier customers because you get exactly what you ordered.
Oak RZs will be rolling soon and they will keep on rolling. We will have them up all the time in the near future. We have LOTs of oak and you will begin to see even more unique turning with it and all other woods. If we cut blocks in a different way that they are normally cut and do more end grain turning, the figuring and chatoyance in the turned piece multiplies exponentially. More work but incredible stuff. Stay tuned.

tonster, shoot me an Email. I am doing my best to discourage any sale of our old design but I am always ready to wheel and deal with the CRZ. The new product performs so much better we really only want that one out there. The BDG may come back but with the RockZap.

Rick,

PurpleDazed

I would like to see a smaller RockZap. I use my logvapes with my GOG Bong. While I can make it work and feel the intended effect, the balence is unstable and I cant let go of the bong or it tips over with the Log attached. So if the rockzaps are more efficient and the ceramic insulates and retains the heat couldnt you make a more slender smaller Zap say the size of a redbull or smaller? I think I could use one that size and not worry about a tip over.

PurpleDazed,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Oak RZs will be rolling soon and they will keep on rolling. We will have them up all the time in the near future. We have LOTs of oak and you will begin to see even more unique turning with it and all other woods. If we cut blocks in a different way that they are normally cut and do more end grain turning, the figuring and chatoyance in the turned piece multiplies exponentially. More work but incredible stuff. Stay tuned.

This is really interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing what oak has to offer!

momofthegoons,
makes sense Rick. I find it so fascinating how all logs work the same but function a little different. So wouldn't that make the RZ the best zap for raising voltage on since the interior is protected?

biojuggernaut,

Rick

Zapman
PurpleD..........."a smaller RockZap"......whaaaaat?
These babies are as small as they get! Did you notice the size of the one in Vitos hand? Many are the size of a small juice can. We cannot get them much smaller than that.
Bio, I suppose the extra insulation will protect the wood from the higher temps with another volt applied. We have not tried it because we like the vapor right where it is. I do recall someone saying the RZ runs too hot with the 13.5 transformer. We are plenty happy with RZ performance on a 12 volt transformer. If someone wants to perk that up, go for it. Just not our cup of tea.

Rick,

SD_haze

Definitely small, but dense :brow:

Had my first tears-inducing RZ hit last night, didn't feel like it was that big and then I took a breath of fresh air, and wooowweee :o
massive cloud!

SD_haze,
G

Rick said:
tonster, shoot me an Email. I am doing my best to discourage any sale of our old design but I am always ready to wheel and deal with the CRZ. The new product performs so much better we really only want that one out there. The BDG may come back but with the RockZap.

disregard my last statement.
ive done some thinking
and ive decided to just wait until i can get the REG rockzap(sally-walnut to be exact),which im only 2$ short for with the discount code.
plus the 5$ fee for having to use a pre paid visa...
oh well atleast next friday ill be able to order one.unless some good karma comes my way.

EDIT:so theres no confusion this is tonster.my other account was lagging hardcore so i made a new one.which seems to have fixed the problem.

Modnote: As per the forum rules. Multiple accounts are not allowed. One account per member. If you believe you have a valid reason for having more than one account from the same IP address please contact staff beforehand. Failure to do so may result in a ban.

This account will be deleted. If you are having issues with your original account please contact staff. (Network issues are not likely tied to an individual account). Thank you.

Guest,
Rick said:
PurpleD..........."a smaller RockZap"......whaaaaat?
These babies are as small as they get! Did you notice the size of the one in Vitos hand? Many are the size of a small juice can. We cannot get them much smaller than that.
Bio, I suppose the extra insulation will protect the wood from the higher temps with another volt applied. We have not tried it because we like the vapor right where it is. I do recall someone saying the RZ runs too hot with the 13.5 transformer. We are plenty happy with RZ performance on a 12 volt transformer. If someone wants to perk that up, go for it. Just not our cup of tea.

I too like where the RZ is at. I just like to use the rz before bed as well so that calls for 13.5, I wanted to just get the go ahead from the man himself. Thank you for reiterating this :tup:

Also that flamming cedar is VERY contemporary. So fine! It looks like a piece my mother would try to put in the house.

biojuggernaut,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
PurpleDazed, I didn't see your post earlier... My CRZ is about the size of one of those individual juice cans, only a tad wider. I can't see why you would need a vape any smaller than that to use with your bong. If you look at my pics here you can see how small it is.

momofthegoons,

steiner666

Serial vapist
:cool: Is it just me, or does it seem like these new SS stems dont clog up as much as brass or even other SS stems i've used with other log vapes? I ask because i've vaped 12-20 loads through the short GonG stem and the inside of the tip and the screen itself looks brand new, nothing stuck or clogged at all. And the stems seem to tap out a lot easier... I'm almost wondering if it has to do with that rough texture of the inside of the stem, maybe its harder for the oils and other vaporesidues to stick to than a shiney surface like on the outside.

It also seems the loads are coming out more evenly darked as well, instead of the stuff in teh center of the tip being any darker than the rest of the herb, which has happened with every other log i've used to varying degree.

.... more testing is required :brow::brow:

PurpleDazed said:
I would like to see a smaller RockZap. I use my logvapes with my GOG Bong. While I can make it work and feel the intended effect, the balence is unstable and I cant let go of the bong or it tips over with the Log attached. So if the rockzaps are more efficient and the ceramic insulates and retains the heat couldnt you make a more slender smaller Zap say the size of a redbull or smaller? I think I could use one that size and not worry about a tip over.

The RZ IS very small, i'd say a good inch or two shorter than the older zap, or other log model. With maybe a couple more inches shaved off the circumference. Like rick said, the zaps are about as small as they can get... except for some of them having more wood on them to accommodate certain fancy designs, so just avoid those. He sent me the "wally top hat" one and its very small... any smaller and handling it might be challenging. They pretty much have to be this size or bigger in order to fit the SSS heating core, the layer of ceramic, and the layer of wood.. the only thing which size can really vary on is the thickness of the wood, and you dont want that TOO thin.

I don't know that any log will be able to safely perch on anything but a totally vertical downstem without tipping a tube/bub... unless its a big high-volume piece with a lot of stability from water weight (which you dont want to use with zap or logs or even vapes in general IMO). Because even with the reduced size, the weight hasnt gone down much, if any, i dont think (havent actually compared them directly though) due to the switch to a solid chunk of stainless for the heating core and the additional layer of ceramic is probably heavier than an equal amount of wood im guessing, but i'm not sure.

Either way, leaving a log, or any electrically-powered vape, sitting on the end of a downstem with a bunch of water on the other end of it is something i would NEVER feel comfortable doing, even if it was totally stable on its own. All it takes is on elbow bump or dogs tail or curious cat and you have the BAD type of potential zappage on your hands i'd imagine.

steiner666,

Nycdeisel

The zap or other log vapes comes right off the GonG joint to clear it at the end of the hit, no sitting and waiting for an accident to happen. If you have two hands it shouldnt be too difficult to hold the zap with one hand and the glass with the other, though on a flat surface just one hand might suffice. I feel uncomfortable simply setting a glass of liquid down next to my log family, lord knows im just as careful with my bongs and bubs.

I need a video of CRZ(new term :D) vaporbonging!

Nycdeisel,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Mom..... you snuck those photos in right past me!... What a beauty... and good pictures too!.

You bet Rick... I'm up for the "GonG" show :lol:

Vitolo,

SirElton

steiner666 said:
:cool: Is it just me, or does it seem like these new SS stems dont clog up as much as brass or even other SS stems i've used with other log vapes? I ask because i've vaped 12-20 loads through the short GonG stem and the inside of the tip and the screen itself looks brand new, nothing stuck or clogged at all. And the stems seem to tap out a lot easier... I'm almost wondering if it has to do with that rough texture of the inside of the stem, maybe its harder for the oils and other vaporesidues to stick to than a shiney surface like on the outside.

My RZ has been a dream in this area. I've not one clogged stem at all and it always blows out easily and nothing sticks. If it does, I know I've got a hit or two left! :lol: I'm sure its a combination of the SS, the greater diameter, and the RZ's performance.

SirElton,

Rick

Zapman
The reason our stems stay cleaner is because of the CONSISTENT perfect vaping temp air flowing through our SSS ceramic insulated heatport. That is why we are getting more pulls. We(CRZ) are actually vaping the goo that normally accumulates in the stem screen and tip area with most traditional log vapes. Lets see if this computes......screens stay cleaner AND more pulls! Hmmmmm, makes plenty of sense to me.
Wow! I sure as hell am glad we happened to be in the road with our thumb out when the "INSULATE......INSULATE..." truck came by. It was going to happen sooner or later somehow, somewhere with log vapes.
A few wood stems up. All wood stems include extra screens and clips for ease of cleaning.
http://www.aromazap.com/shop/stems/wood.html
Open to suggestions on changes to the product page....EXCEPT the pics. I have a good clue what I need to do and will do it very soon. Not professional but better than we have seen so far.

Rick,

smartrott

Well, just wanted to stop by and say hi.
OB - Your collection is very nice. Wow.
My RZ is the shit. I'm hitting it right now as a type. Fuck yes.
Vito - the vids are great! Keep them coming.
Rick - your the man. Thankyou for all your hard work.
Peace from the EAST coast.

smartrott,

Phizix

Finally pulled the trigger on a Rockzap. Decided I needed something awesome to hold me over till the cloud.

I'm SO excited... :D

I got "Shirley" the clean lil maple beauty...

10-1_take_two_012.jpg

Hopefully I'll be hitting her by next weekend, can't wait to be a part of the Rockzap family!!!

Thanks Rick!

Phizix,
Top Bottom