Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Wow Ob, your collection is off the hook badass!!!! You have some serious pieces there!!

Rick your stems are badass also, the more I read of your explanation of the unit to stems and final hit is right on, I think you are exactly right, seems as if the RZ has gotten so close to perfect or may even be perfect that it is utilizing every smidgen of matter and residue to the fullest extent. No clogs, no debris, no gooeyness anywhere cause the temp and properties of the whole system is perfect. Well done!

Can the RZ get any better?????? Dont think so!!!!

Oh that chunk of Cedar is damn sure a beauty, reminds me of a cypress knee, used to see those quite a bit in the swamps hunting as a kid, nice work!

Ed's TnT,

steiner666

Serial vapist
Ed's TnT said:
Can the RZ get any better?????? Dont think so!!!!

Oh that chunk of Cedar is damn sure a beauty, reminds me of a cypress knee, used to see those quite a bit in the swamps hunting as a kid, nice work!

lol i've been asking myself the same question. Normally I'm someone who can always find a flaw with something, a way that it could be better at least. I think the zaps have progressed right into perfection over the past couple months though. With these rockzaps, I'm having a hard time thinking about anything i'd like to change.

Hell, i even loaded a goo-tipped stem last night and vaped it for about 12 hits in the tube and it didnt gunk my screen or inside of my stem all up even. I had to use something to kinda bump it loose before i could tap it out, but it was definitely very easy to get out.

I'm thoroughly loving every single thing about using the RZ. I dare say it is indeed the perfect vape for me. I feel like my journey through the vapes, in search of the best match, is at an end and i'm finally settled in :D The RZ vapes the small loads that every other log does, but vapes them better than i've seen before (ABV comes out darker and more evenly cooked), the stems stay clean for a long time and are easy to unload and load, the GonG tapered stems are stable as hell in my 14mm bong joint, i never have to worry about herb fall out or burning, never have to wait for vape to heat up, it's discrete as hell and i can leave it sit out.

Perfecto

steiner666,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Oh you know what Steiner, I had forgotten all about my ooooowwweee gooooeeeeyyyyy glass tooty I had from my old rig, that thing is in a hella shape, oooo bet I could get blistered if I put that thing in my RZ this afternoon!!!! HMMMMMMM sounds like I'm gonna get ripped later!!!!

Ed's TnT,

SleepyHead

Rick any chance you got a look at my email? Just been so anxious.

Btw those wooden stems on the site look great! Might indulge myself with one of those and a shorter gong stem as well. How can I resist?

SleepyHead,

hunterthompson

Rick, when do you think the next batch of RZs is gonna go up on the website? I've been waiting (not so patiently) to grab one since Monday but I have to wait for the perfect one :)

hunterthompson,

Rick

Zapman
steiner, what can we say? Thank you for passing on your experience with the RZ/CRZ. We are beyond words with what has happened to Aromazap over the last couple months. I am trying to add to that but I cannot. Some day we may put it into words.
and Perfecto is so much like one of my favorites, passed on to me by a very crazy and still alive Vietnam Vet who should have died many times there and here. Thank you Jerry. PERFECTAMUNGO I like that word because it throws a crazy human twist to the word perfection. 'Perfect' really does not exist in the Zapville world or any part of our world. Oh well, maybe just every day is....upon reflection at the end of the day. After all, the day has happened by then.
phizix, very nice RZ you snagged. My pictures do not convey the real thing as good as they could.
Yours and all RZs ordered in the last couple days will not ship til Tuesday(Monday is a mail holiday). We had an unexpected delay in the shop yesterday that put us behind a day or two. RZ orders made from 10/5 on are affected. Small stuff will still go out today but the Zaps have to stay on the test bench. Anything ordered over this weekend will ship also ship Tuesday.
hunter, I will be putting a few more up today but nothing real special. Just regular special. There are primo ones coming but they will be scattered sparingly in the future. Some of you that are waiting for that special one are missing on a few already on the site.
Sleepy, we have passed your Email on to the Zapville elves who do all the heavy lifting. I'll get back with you on our progress.

Rick,

SleepyHead

Rick said:
Sleepy, we have passed your Email on to the Zapville elves who do all the heavy lifting. I'll get back with you on our progress.
Thanks Rick! :)

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend, for me this may be the last couple warm days of the year.

SleepyHead,

Zed

I am the Dungeon Master of you.
Wow. Amazing looking vaporizers.

I am eyeballing the Princess Grab bag Rockzaps in the back ground of the store pic with those concentric circles visible. My wife and I are loving all of them though.

I've got a couple questions though....

1) Will you send to Canada? Your website FAQ says USA only, your store form says yes.

2) How often do you post the irregular shaped pieces like the Primo?

I would love to get one of these from my Wife for my birthday. Hopefully I can order one! :)

Thanks,
Zed

Zed,

Vitolo

Vaporist
biojuggernaut said:
Hmm, might buy one of those stems. Vitolo is that a normal vapor taper? It looks big.
It is the Fatty Vapor Tamer. it is bigger, and there is still one bigger than that! :)

Vitolo,

Ennui Cookout

I just got my RockZap! :D

Just to say right away: I've dealt with a handful of vapesmiths and Rick has been hands-down, the most communicative and up-front I've dealt with. Very prompt and he let me know right away what the situation was. In fact, his shipping estimate was today and spot on -- even though USPS' tracking site swears the package wasn't going to arrive until Tuesday! I'm really impressed with how pro everything down to the packaging was.

As for the vape itself, Rick felt that the one I had originally selected didn't meet up to his standards and asked me to describe what my preferences were. I had mentioned a fondness for swirls and spirals, but a bigger preference for more of a rounded grip as I've been rather taken with the shape of my Old City Diffuser even if it isn't my daily driver. I have to say, he also outright nailed picking one out for me too:

I've placed my Launch Box and my four-piece medium Space Case grinder next to it for scale. This vape is SMALL, yet so very solid feeling. Nothing about it feels cheap or fragile. Even the vapor stems and the wooden vapor stem I received feel like some of the most durable vapor gear I own.

I'm rather quite taken with the look of it, which immediately reminded me of one of the barrels from Donkey Kong -- which is an instant hit with me and I'm still waiting for it to heat up! Alas, I've yet to take even my first hit, so this may be a premature post but I'm way excited about this vape in particular!

EDIT: This thing hits like Donkey Kong, too. How the hell did you get this much vapor out of such a tiny vape and stem? I'm in love. :o -- Friend of mine just called it Donkey Kong Jr., that's a keeper.

Ennui Cookout,

the ob

all good in the hood.
hey everyone!
been a little MIA as work is busy and I had a little dog emergency. He pulled a groin muscle and I have to help him stand, go outside etc.

One quick update. I have used the sumo's (beautiful) and the just nice and the out on a limb so far.

all perform with great power. What was a great product has been made even better.

One interesting side note. I swear the "out on a limb" hits a little harder than the rest (the others were fine anyway) but I seem to be able to take a stem that seems done, put it in that one, and I get more. Not sure if I am imagining it or if this is a real thing. I am guessing Rick can give his two cents.

One last thing. Mom had mentioned this before, but do not leave the stems sitting in them. I have always done this in the past and did it the other night. I heard a small hiss and realized some material had fallen out of the stem and there was a small puff of smoke. I am guessing since these retain heat better and are somewhat hotter that this is why this is happening. This is not a bad thing of course, just thought those of you who had the retro versions should be aware. I am amazing at the difference.

The funny thing is that I thought these new ones would make the old obsolete, but in fact I like the older ones so I can change up how hot I want them to be. It is like having variable vapes.

More as I discover it.

Thanks for all the kind words on my collection. I have to say it is a good one........

the ob,

Gobrian

Ennui Cookout said:
EDIT: This thing hits like Donkey Kong, too. How the hell did you get this much vapor out of such a tiny vape and stem? I'm in love. :o -- Friend of mine just called it Donkey Kong Jr., that's a keeper.

nice, i was thinking that it looks like a barrel too.
DK J.R. (yes weezy)

Gobrian,

Rick

Zapman
I've been thinking about this one for quite awhile. Recent posts here and there have prompted me to do this now. I guess this is a philosophical post in a big way. WTF is going on Rick? WTF happened to the good old Turtle, Zapman?

It is about lots of things but mainly trust. I trusted a man, even though events in my past directed me not to trust, especially in AZ business related matters. The man trusted me back. Trust builds trust. This man is way smarter and more self disciplined than I am. I may also have some attributes that can help him. I sure hope so. So the trust grew and grew. I now have a real friend who also has a new real friend. No games. No hold backs of this or that for either of us in our relationship.

Because of that trust, I was given a choice, literally given to me on a silver platter. Keep doing what you are doing, idling along after ten years or make your product better. It CAN be made better. You CAN use other woods AND have very good consistent performance if we follow this through. It is your choice though. And believe me, I know how to say NO and I did several times.
The big choice was very easy because frankly it was made easy for me and was very logical and rational. I just said 'yes' and it happened with some learning curves along the way. I personally did not 'do' this but more enabled it to happen.........
We can all see the results of that very first trust. BTW, one reason the relationship grew is because we both are VERY opinionated and strong in our ways. We also both like to cuss alot, just for the heck of it. We are also both open minded in that appearances do not matter. The real heart of the soul is what matters.

Ennui, your CRZ is a very special one. I got a call awhile back with so much laughing going on that conversation was almost impossible. It was the very first of "Over The Barrel" line or whatever we call it. The idea and name had just clicked when a piece turned out as it did. Spontaneous as many of them are. That is the CRZ you now own, a very special one. As I recall, her performance was right on. We have several 'test benches' around and some are very handy when I am on the keyboard. I see you have confirmed her performance already.

Sure, we know some CRZs will have a problem, no matter what we do to insure they all produce the same. We will deal with that when it happens. So far we have seen much reported consistency with vaping air which is very sweet to hear.

ob, your observation of the big log we also noticed. I think after the CRZ has been on for a few hours, ALL the wood stabilizes in temperature. With thinner shelled, smaller CRZs that 'heated wood' effect is just about nothing. But with a big mass of wood heated, you get more 'support' for the insulated/isolated SS heated mass in the middle. That big old boy is also still warm to hold, right?

So here is the deal folks. We followed a rainbow and then turned it into a real rainbow for many people, especially the folks who get to use these gems. We think change is good if it is in the right direction. We are making a better product that squeezes even more goodness out of our precious medicine. The CRZ is the most efficient log vape we have seen yet in our opinion. The CRZ also offers basically unlimited wood and design choices. Just wait til our 'Signature' series comes out close to Christmas. You ain't seen nothin yet.

........and progress is a laughing matter? Not.

Oh yes, just in case anybody wondered, I follow fellow log vape competitor threads. I always thought they did the same but I guess I was wrong on that one. I know for sure Alan and his so very fine Toasty Top has helped me through some learning curves. Alans attitude is delicious. Dave, the Underdog with his beautiful, different shaped log vapes has also taught me some things. I think it is fun to peruse competitors threads. I only read other log vape threads due to time restrictions.

Speaking of time restrictions, if any of you think I can keep all the words in Emails and FC and pics and website stuff and shipping the right CRZ to the right person and have a life...............................AND turn these beauties, you are very much wrong. These beautiful creations are made from scraps and tools by another man. He is VERY creative as you can see with more tricks up his sleeve than you can imagine. Since this is scrap wood, we can cut it into blocks however we want. A change here and there makes for incredible wood art when the piece is turned.

One last thing about the USPS. Ennui was not the only customer we shipped on Thursday told by USPS their order would not arrive til Tuesday. I actually told another customer on Thursday I was smarter than the USPS, it would be there today, not Tuesday and I was right. Barcode tracking on everything shipped from one ounce up makes a difference to USPS. They do seem to treat those packages better.

Rick,
You should follow the other threads. Everyone here brings a little innovation somewhere. Well thank you and your nameless craftsman; we shall call him morpheus :lol:

Hopefully all this hard work pays off. Can you give a hint as to what the signature series is because I might hold off until that? :brow: Any chance you'll copy UD design & give us a little silicone to cover the heating element for a higher V2A?

biojuggernaut,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Nice post Rick.. I follow your thread and Alan's as much as time allows and I'm happy to see that apparently you two do the same.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this FC community is a great one and the fact that 'competitors' can interact with, learn from and be civil towards each other is a great and rare thing these days!

Anyways thanks for the kind words and suggestions in my thread they are appreciated. You continue to impress me (and everyone else I'm sure) with the great things that come out of your workshop.

Looking forward to seeing what the future holds... :)

underdog,

SleepyHead

I see someone finally picked up the Flaming Cedar. I saw it still up this morning and was wondering why nobody picked it up yet, so good looking and comes with that matching stem.

SleepyHead,

al bundy

Vaporist
i have the "Feels good" zap what kind of wood is it?

picture154x.jpg

By ziggy65 at 2011-10-14

picture158v.jpg

By ziggy65 at 2011-10-14

al bundy,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Rick,

I have mad respect for what you have been doing. :tup: I am actually set on getting one of your new zaps. :drool:

I am not in a rush because I have others to use, and I want to wait and see all of the beautiful stuff you'll continue to create before I buy.

So far I am picturing something comfortable to grip upside-down with ones thumb and index finger with ones pinky lightly pressing against the stem to keep them together with one hand while upside-down. :brow: A crazy grain pattern & creatively comfortable shape wouldn't hurt either. ;)

I would definitely want wooden stems with the tubing all the way down to the bottom (and a rounded bottom so it wobbles but seals in a 14 gong joint). <---Have you ever thought of offering stems that fit 18 GonG joints?

It would be cool if I could get stems that are 2 inches of wood covered stainless and 2 inches of uncovered tubing without a groove for the screen. <---I like to smash a round screen into a dome (like a badmitten shuttlecock) for better airflow, less clogging, and adjustable bowl size.

I wouldn't yet call us friends (like I do the duo in that other thread), but am definitely impressed with the whirlwind of cool changes in Zapville (and I wish you the best :) ).

Progress,

Rick

Zapman
al bundy, you have pulled the light cord. You have reminded me I have a VERY big task here trying to keep all this shit together. I kind of remember 'feels good' and she was probably Maple as much of the lighter grain CRZs are maple. But I do not see her in the sold Gallery.

But the key word here is 'kinda'. I am going to need help from all you kind folks in this unfolding drama. I can keep orders together because we clear them out 2 or three times a week and I get fresh starts regularly. But the sold units, the ones that have been delivered I need help with. I will always need that help because my mind is old and kinda feeble and it has been clogged with terrible stuff since 1967. Yes, 44 years of the stuff making me worthless and forgetful.
So here is the deal, especially for those who have CRZs. Peruse the sold gallery on our website to determine if your unit is up there and if I named it. Help me get them all up there with the correct name. If you new owners have another name, we will give your CRZ that name, no problem here with that. I just want them up for reference. It is a handy way for me to say...."oh yes, THAT one". Then I will be able to answer questions like yours Al Bundy with more accuracy. I do believe the entire Gallery can be viewed on one page.
Having those images up with the attached name will help me with questions/requests like yours, Progress. I would like you and others to be able to go to the Gallery, point out a unit or two and say...."close but if it had this or that or was this grain or that wood, that would be what I want". A thoroughly updated Gallery would really help all of us and be fun to look at too.
Bobos creativeness is just beginning. He has done so much beautiful lathe work over the last two years but it is currently only on display, in his space. The CRZs he is doing are out there in the world giving joy and pleasure and economy of resources to many people AND he gets to see his work and hear words about his work. This is a very exciting time for him and his family. Creativity needs to get out there to continue. Creativity is fun when it can be shared. He also loves finding those scrap firewood chunks and turning them into something very special. Double the pleasure, double the fun.
I am putting this out for help now before it gets too far out of hand. It has only been three weeks, the official CRZ thing, but it is getting scary already.
Help me keep order please. I am open to any simple suggestions regarding the sold Gallery. This came as an afterthought so did not get many of the betas and is surely missing some images. I am thinking a photo and name here will help me find it and get it up.
Progress, thanks for the nice post. You and everybody else. Yes, this is our comfort zone on FC. Good people just sharing some fun about an old product that has changed, ethically, so Zapville can progress without much controversy.
You are all so cool in your own way. Keep being who you are, always.
Edit for:
Someone asked about the 'Signature' series. These will all be very unique with possibly very little lathe work except the boring. I have seen the beginning but can say no more. These pieces will be top of the line for sure but also shaped in non-traditional, natural ways. They will all be signed and dated by the Artist. They will all have matching wood stems and possibly stemholders. Top shelf stuff like we have never seen in a 'log' vape. They will also all function very well.
Zapville has a bigger team now with some incredible talent added. My job is to try to keep it humming smoothly. BTW, I assemble EVERY CRZ and drill the plug hole so I still do the final touch and test on all of them. If there is ever a small defect here or there, maybe by the plug, I did it. Still plenty of room for Zapman imperfection. Zaplady does the bottoms and final packaging.

Rick,
Rick said:
So here is the deal, especially for those who have CRZs. Peruse the sold gallery on our website to determine if your unit is up there and if I named it. Help me get them all up there with the correct name. If you new owners have another name, we will give your CRZ that name, no problem here with that. I just want them up for reference. It is a handy way for me to say...."oh yes, THAT one". Then I will be able to answer questions like yours Al Bundy with more accuracy. I do believe the entire Gallery can be viewed on one page.
Having those images up with the attached name will help me with questions/requests like yours, Progress. I would like you and others to be able to go to the Gallery, point out a unit or two and say...."close but if it had this or that or was this grain or that wood, that would be what I want". A thoroughly updated Gallery would really help all of us and be fun to look at too.
Bobos creativeness is just beginning. He has done so much beautiful lathe work over the last two years but it is currently only on display, in his space.
Help me keep order please. I am open to any simple suggestions regarding the sold Gallery. This came as an afterthought so did not get many of the betas and is surely missing some images. I am thinking a photo and name here will help me find it and get it up.

RZ2 BETA
IMG_2270.jpg

RZ1 BETA
IMG_2267.jpg

I personally feel as if you already know what sells best. We are just waiting for the online store to restock :brow: The bark is great, the woods have good lines and eyes. I feel as if the oak are more plane jane compared to some of the units in the prior month. I would say custom orders would be a great 200 dollar package; "Customer's Choice" :p

biojuggernaut,

hunterthompson

Hey Rick, I was wondering if you ever thought about teaming up with any local glass blowers to make small glass pieces that would work well with the RZ. It could be a traditional water pipe or something more like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ8EHWBSCy0
That would really make aromazap.com the one-stop-shop for all our vapor needs :)

hunterthompson,
Top Bottom