Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

SleepyHead

SD_haze said:
im just curious, whats the advantage to sandwiching kief/hash instead of just sucking it up at the end?

since hash usually needs higher temp to properly vape, wouldn't it work better if it was directly getting hit by the air flow?

The hash/oil can fall/drip through the screen in the vape, so sandwiching it between two layers of herb will still vaporize it but retain the elements between the layers.

SleepyHead,

steiner666

Serial vapist
Just took my maiden voyage on my RZ after a late mail delivery and what seemed like an eternity of warming up (i always give logs a full hour, even if most are hot enough to use at about 30). Of course it hit awesome as hell, i'm all :o now since i waited until almost evening for my first stem of the day, so i'll report back later more on the details of the zap itself and comparing it to brass and non-rock SSS model zaps after i do some more benchmarking :brow::brow:

I will say tho that the GonG short stems are a good bit sturdier in the joint. They definitely are much harder to move side to side but not hard to pull straight out, which is good. One thing i'm not a fan of is how the stems fit looser in the heaterport on RZs, i always liked zaps better because of the tighter fit. It makes stems less likely to accidentally fall out, and easier to just remove the stem and zap as one from the downstem, to let you clear the tube faster. as it is now, you have to remove the zap and then remove the stem separate. Not a huge deal though and i've already developed a bit of technique to remedy the problem...

what i do is, towards the end of the hit, when i'm going to want to clear the tube, i shift one or two fingers (usually just my pinkie is enough) from the hand holding the zap down onto the stem. just applying a little bit of sideways pressure on the stem as you pull the zap out makes the two come out together, like the old zaps would. i dont know if i described that right, of if anyone followed me on that one, but there you have it lol.

*edit* Also received a little mini whip thing, which is basically a ~12" length of soft silicone tubing attached right to the end of a SS stem tip (just metal, no nylon at all). It definitely cools the hit more than you'll get with reg stems or even tooty, but I see there being a problem with not being able to collect buildup.. or at least not as easily, with no length of glass or other material before the tubing. i think one of the glass tooties with a straight end that the OD of this tubing could slide into would make for a good wand to complete this whip... it would basically be like a mini version of a dbv/ssv whip. The length of glass would collect some of the golden honey we all love so much, and could be easily scraped out or soaked. it would also help with giving you something to grip when you're inserting/removing the whip from the zap.

SleepyHead said:
SD_haze said:
im just curious, whats the advantage to sandwiching kief/hash instead of just sucking it up at the end?

since hash usually needs higher temp to properly vape, wouldn't it work better if it was directly getting hit by the air flow?

The hash/oil can fall/drip through the screen in the vape, so sandwiching it between two layers of herb will still vaporize it but retain the elements between the layers.

This is why i just use my zap like a Pd/wdz (log without screen) when i vape hash n goo on teh tip of a stem. Keeping the stem tip pointed upwards slightly is enough to ensure it doesnt drip down, and as long as you didnt fill the stem to the brim, theres no risk of it getting on the heaterport's screen. I trust doing things this way more than i trust goo not to drip down through the layer of above it... but if you mess up and just set you zap down with the stem in it like you can with reg bud, then the sandwich is a good insurance policy i guess you could say... like SD said tho, the goo and hash needs higher temp than bud, and the tip of the stems always gets a bit more darkened than the rest, so thats the best place to make sure the stuff is, imo/ime.

steiner666,

flasharoo

is it bad that i'm almost scared to buy one of these because Rick keeps putting out new ones that i like more and more?

I'm sure I'll settle sooner or later, just too exciting right now to watch all these new woods and designs popping up :brow:

flasharoo,

the ob

all good in the hood.

OK,
Here it is finally.

I guess this is what one would call a "embarrassment of riches"

Starting at the back row. Left to right.
Walnut SSS, no ceramic, Myrtlezap OG style, My Mahoe, there are hints of blue. This was a special not available to the general public.

Middle row.
sumo gold and sumo swirl. No description is really necessary.

Third row
My original myrtle. I wanted something really "trippy" got it. On the right is the "just nice" I think that says it all.

Front
"out on a limb" or rootwad as Rick referred to it lovingly.

As I said, I am almost embarrassed at how lucky I am to have these.

Due to a slight pooch emergency, I have not yet had time to test out as much as I would like. I can say I plugged in the "just nice" and rootwad and did a small test. I sort of felt like rootwad hit a little harder than the other, but to be honest, I had it plugged in its own outlet and the other was in a strip which I swear made some difference.

I am also bummed that I did not take a pic with the wooden stem in the "just nice" as it matches perfectly. I am not a computer genius and certainly not good at posting pics, but will have to take one to post with a full review when I get done. As you can see, a full review might take a while as I have a bunch to get through. :)

I will say this. One stems about 12 pulls and that was all I really needed. This is a improvement on the retro versions.

They are pieces of art. I was going to give some away as gifts, but am not sure I can actually part with any. which would you give away? :uhoh:

I wish the focus was better for the back ones.

the ob,

caseball2051

Since you asked, if I were you id gift the sumo gold to caseball2051

I heard his birthday is coming up...

caseball2051,

SleepyHead

caseball2051 said:
Since you asked, if I were you id gift the sumo gold to caseball2051

I heard his birthday is coming up...

10/10 here.

And that is an amazing collection of wood.

SleepyHead,

treecityrnd

:bowdown: ob
I knew you had that Sumo. It looks beautiful.
Love your original myrtle and what else can a anyone say about that log. Its one of the most amazing things I've ever seen.

Rick - 'Flaming Cedar' looks like a volcano of vapor!

treecityrnd,

Nycdeisel

Amazing family of zaps, OB! :D

flasharoo I feel that way too! im not quite sure if its a bad thing..... :lol:

Nycdeisel,

treecityrnd

Only reason I know Ghost is because I'm so OCD :D ! Each night I check to make sure Hamlet is sleeping in a safe town on its way from Ricks to my house. Just want to make sure he's playing nicely and not getting into to much trouble :evil:

treecityrnd,

vbeazy

To 666 and Vito, I appreciate the replies. I will try pre-heating and crumbingly then sandwich it. Good point on the whip vaporizer 666, I predict I'll mainly use one of those for hash. Have to try it out in the RZ though! Vito if only I could send some for your consumption service! Damn laws. I don't go through a lot of hash so I consume it a few different methods.

vbeazy,

vbeazy

Here's some pics! I apologize for my bad photography in advance.

First impressions are wow this thing conserves bud! I did one stem and I'm feelin' good. How many do you usually do?

Is there 'only' one good technique for hitting? I seemed to have no trouble using a slow constant pull. I started inhaling every couple seconds too, that seems fitting.

Very happy! My wallet is lucky Rick explained these units all hold the same heat.

DSC00348.jpg

DSC00349.jpg

DSC00351.jpg

DSC00355.jpg

DSC00353.jpg

PS the OB, that is one heck of a collection you've got. I have a feeling more are to come. Good work!

vbeazy,

wildkfx

Rick, I'm having email issues I sent you one but not sure if it went through. Thanks for the offer to "work something out" but I don't want to ask you to do anything special for me. Once I work things out in my life I'll be getting one, hope its sooner rather than later.

wildkfx,

vbeazy

I'm not sure what the material is to be honest. It doesn't look like your average felt. It's very thin, pretty soft, and almost resembles leather. However maybe it's the glue under giving that effect. I'm sure Rick would know the answer!

vbeazy,

Rick

Zapman
/////
All bottoms on RZs are recycled leather. Yours was the only non leather bottom we have done on a RZ. Zaplady used a synthetic fabric on your unit because the felt we had just looked too hokey, even for us. Hope you are happy with it. My apologies for not informing you of the change. Some of our leather does look like felt. We never know exactly as it is all leather clothing recycled from local thrift shops and much of the time we use the inside for the exposed side on RZs so it is often a surprise.
The leather we use, just like the wood, is all recycled from a previous use. A good thing to do and it saves us a little money too.
Speaking of RZs, someone passed on the CRZ shortcut to me yesterday and it does fit as a 'shorty'. Ceramic RockZap. CRZ. Either works fine for me but thought I would throw it out there. I have no preference personally.
Glass! Damn! That one is still on hold waiting for the proper size tubing. I guess in the glass world, life is a bit different than in much of the business world. A bit sketchy at times. Oh well, soon enough they will be here.
vbeazy, that is one of the first Walnut RZs in an original design. The later ones are smoother with very few burnlines. Thanks for posting the pics. Glad it arrived safely.
ob, omg! I had forgotten how many Zaps you had acquired over the last couple years. Quite a collection. I think you should give one to mom, maybe a nice Sumo. She has put up with you for so long and you still slammed her and all of us with that pic. Yea, give one away to her. That is my suggestion. See what happens when you ask for help on our thread!
wildkfx, I got your nice Email and did not respond to it. You were clear in your words, a good thing. In fact you quoted your Moms advice, very good advice. Moms are like that(good advice) but often we do not see it til later in life. Thanks for your mature response to my words in an Email to me.
Early start to the day. Power out last night a couple hours before bedtime so we crashed early. Very nice cleansing fall rain too. A good way to start the day.
I'll try again today on the wood stems. I am dogging it a little because we need to get our inventory up on the stems. I have been swapping them out on occasion for the glass Tootys not here yet. The pile keeps getting smaller and I have not 'sold' any yet.
10-4rollout023-Copy.jpg

edit for:
Another thing we are very proud of in the RZ is our stainless steel. Take a close look at vbeazys, top view and the tips on these wood stems. All of our stainless is electro polished to surgical grade as a final process making that shiny SS surface we all like to see. No ferrous metals on the surface of our stainless steel.

Rick,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
ob, omg! I had forgotten how many Zaps you had acquired over the last couple years. Quite a collection. I think you should give one to mom, maybe a nice Sumo. She has put up with you for so long and you still slammed her and all of us with that pic. Yea, give one away to her. That is my suggestion. See what happens when you ask for help on our thread!

:lol: I couldn't agree more Rick! Holy shit ob.....

momofthegoons,

RumbleShorts

Wow! OB that is impressive! That is quite a collection. I'd be hard pressed to decide which one to use.

Rick, Those wood stems look great. Looking forward to them going on "sale"

RumbleShorts,

the ob

all good in the hood.
momofthegoons said:

:lol: I couldn't agree more Rick! Holy shit ob.....

I would love to give one to Mom, but then she would catch up in our little contest :brow:

If I was to give one away, it certainly would be to her.

I just do not see myself parting with any of these beauties. I promise I will let you know if I do........

thanks everyone. stay tuned for more reviews........

the ob,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Well ob, I might catch up yet. It will just take a little time and a little cash... :lol: Of course, by then you may have purchased more!

If I was to give one away, it certainly would be to her.
You're a sweetie. It's the sentiment that counts. :luv: I wont hold you to it. :lol:

momofthegoons,

//////

Rick said:
/////
All bottoms on RZs are recycled leather. Yours was the only non leather bottom we have done on a RZ. Zaplady used a synthetic fabric on your unit because the felt we had just looked too hokey, even for us. Hope you are happy with it. My apologies for not informing you of the change. Some of our leather does look like felt. We never know exactly as it is all leather clothing recycled from local thrift shops and much of the time we use the inside for the exposed side on RZs so it is often a surprise.
The leather we use, just like the wood, is all recycled from a previous use. A good thing to do and it saves us a little money too.

i love it! the color really goes nicely with the wood used for the zap. your business practices are admirable. i can't express how happy i am that i did business with you, and i will be continuing to do so in the future :) cannot wait to get my hands on a wood stem!

//////,
Top Bottom