Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
:lol: Ah NYC, the suspense must be killing you..... but at least you have a "present" waiting for you when you get home; something to look forward to.

kewpcer, the suspense is great, isn't it? Especially when Rick tells you the wood is nice. I gotta tell you, every time Rick opens up new wood and says it's nice, it gets my attention. Then I think, how many Zaps do you need girl!? The answer still hasn't come to me.... :lol:

momofthegoons,

Rick

Zapman
NYC, so glad your cherry arrived before heading out. My apologies for missing a Saturday delivery as I had promised.
Too much going on besides Zap work these days. It is all Zapwork but some of it is planning and ordering tools and supplies and back and forth with the machine shop. We are still waiting on the bottom SS heatport sealing washer and the SS top trim washer for RockZap1. All heatports built from now on will have the bottom washer welded in place for a 100% Stainless Steel vapor path. I do have enough of the original version SSS ports to get the RockZaps out and finish and ship another batch of traditional installs this week so we can keep our heads above water.
Underdog, thanks for the comments. the best of luck to you in your log vape venture. We always appreciate more competition as it is good for all of us, especially the consumer.
As I have said before, our curves will be smooth for easy polishing once we start the new designs. They will all look and feel like a log vape but the standard stock cylindrical shape will be only an entry level product. The old basic Zap with the SSS heatport installed direct in wood as always. Then the fun will start with the ceramic/concrete insulated Zaps in our top shelf category with some different looks and woods. I am guessing close to the first part of September. That would give me a couple weeks yet to get it together.......
Think I mentioned no pic of kewpcers wood. We need to keep his wood private. Seriously, I do not want to show that piece. He can show it off when he gets it. We are still piled up here and don't need more piling at the moment. The other 6 RockZap1 units will also be special. Once I get those out...........we will know how close we are to the bottom mount design and can make some announcements on RockZap.

Rick,

the ob

all good in the hood.
momofthegoons said:
:lol: Ah NYC, the suspense must be killing you..... but at least you have a "present" waiting for you when you get home; something to look forward to.

kewpcer, the suspense is great, isn't it? Especially when Rick tells you the wood is nice. I gotta tell you, every time Rick opens up new wood and says it's nice, it gets my attention. Then I think, how many Zaps do you need girl!? The answer still hasn't come to me.... :lol:

infinity+infinity?

the ob,

kewpcer

@rick - Thanks for your discretion in keeping my wood private :lol:

Seriously though. You've gotta quit talking about it. I'm dying here. I've been polishing my Zap everyday to keep myself occupied, so before you ship let me know. I need to buy a big tin of lemon Zapolish.

kewpcer,

Nycdeisel

barely made it rick! :lol: but I havent actually opened it yet but Im sure I will like :brow:
Yup mom, I am very excited, it is very nice to have something to come home to besides bags that need to be unpacked :p

You guys are only making me more anxious about it :rolleyes: :argh:

Am I abusing the smiley face icons? :borg:

Nycdeisel,

BluntMonger

I've been following the thread a lot after i got to use stiners SSS zap I was about to get him to post my SSV and brass cherry zap I got back in march in the resell thread so i could order a SSS but then stiners like dude wait for a while rick just said hes going to add cement to them Im like no wai so im on the edge of my seat waiting on reviews from people getting rockzaps xD can't wait to order one. Also rick if i wanted a red led in my zap could you make that happen? I noticed you let stiner have a green one and red would match my mouse, and pc case fans ^_^ feels like stargate visiting all the new and awesome things
smiley-stargate001.gif

BluntMonger,

Rick

Zapman
BluntMonger
The SSS RockZap1 is very close to release. We got the trim washers in last night and the first 7 production units will be completed today for the standard bench testing. They should ship tomorrow for an expected Saturday arrival. As always, there can be a delay or two but we doubt that on these puppies.
The units are all turned and top bored. Just a few more holes, then hand sanding, ZaPolish and assembly. These may become collectors items as in a couple weeks we will have the bottom install perfected for a much nicer top wood look. Another advantage to the bottom install will be the ability to replace the heater if ever necessary. All internals, including the heatport assembly, can be easily removed and replaced if ever needed. Some more lights just started blinking in this old bald head.
We will have a slight slow down because the SS bottom heatport sealing washers did not make it yesterday meaning I can not get them to the machinist til Thursday at the earliest. This is a slowdown that just gives us some breathing room, a day or two, is all.
The holdup on the new design of bottom install is tools, tooling and some old man practice.
If any of you current RockZap customers think you want to wait for the new design, let me know. I doubt any of you will want to do that as some of you have been waiting close to three weeks and we are a day away from shipping the top install design.
I realize we are changing fast here and some get caught in the middle so to speak. The only way we could have avoided that would have been to keep our mouths shut. Not this Gemini. Too excited about it all. Looking around Log Vape land at FC, I am glad we did what we did.
We do have some incredible Myrtle these days with more on the way. We have a very good supplier who has come into some old Myrtle inventory from another source recently that is very special. Some of the pieces have been shown already here on FC. Each time I get one of those "too heavy" packages at the post office, the wood is better than the last batch. He was also my source for that very lightweight Myrtle Burl you saw in momofthegoons first prototype RockZap. Some more of that going out this week to someone who has been waiting a long time. Way too soft wood for the traditional heatport in wood install. The wood would char very quickly with rattling and loose heatport. Our install in the concrete insulator will preserve the wood.
Those of you who are wood nutty and think you may like the traditional heatport in wood install used by us and all other log vape makers, think for a minute about that block of wood. It does have life or 'a life' in our minds. How long do you think that wood will last with a very hot chunk of SS pushed tight inside the center of the wood as opposed to having the wood insulated from the excessive heat? If you were the wood, what say you? And then consider the vapor flow. If you were a molecule of one or all herb goodies, would you like a consistent, insulated flow of hot air at the same temp so you can release yourself as vapor to the lucky human at the other end?
See what happens when the lights start to blink? Fun stuff.
Oh, lites. We had a few extra green leds from the old days is why steiner got one. We will consider other led color options when the new Zap designs come out.
Oh, that's right. We are the only log vape maker offering the led "on" light option, and at no extra charge.

Rick,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Rick said:
Oh, that's right. We are the only log vape maker offering the led "on" light option, and at no extra charge.

Oh you are offering much more than that Rick! Strive for excellence right!!!!

Ed's TnT,

RumbleShorts

Thanks for the update Rick!!

Feels pretty good knowing my Rockzilla is part of the fabled seven.
hmm seven... Maybe this collection of seven needs their own classification.
Like.... The Seven Deadly Sins, The Seven Dwarfs, The Seven Wonders of the World, The Seven Samurai or the Seven Paths to Zappville.

Just a thought on a wake and vape morning :)

RumbleShorts,

Rick

Zapman
Ed, you got it right. Part of this transition for us is a new understanding of the E word, excellence. In the business world we live in today, excellence is the only possible guiding business principle for success. If we just go for average(Zapville the past 10 years) and maybe beating others on price point, it will not work. On the other hand if we go for the best product/service out there in its class at a reasonable price, we got it.
Yes I know, this does not sound like the old Rick. That's because it is not the old Rick that relied on tradition, and good customer service to keep the train chugging along.
Mine eyes have been opened. Hang on. Zaplady already has a tether hooked to me so she can keep up.

Rick,

MG23

Relaxin'
Apologies if this has been answered previously Rick, but will you be offering choices for exotic wood with the new RockZap or will we be left to our own devices for getting the wood of our choice to you?

MG23,
Crazy I can't believe I am actually gonna get one of those 7 :D

I should wait but like you said Rick, the elcuelsivelty of owning the top Rock is on point and an opportunity that I just CAN'T pass up. Thanks again for all these long hours Rick you've been putting in.

biojuggernaut,

max

Out to lunch
Rick said:
Ed, you got it right. Part of this transition for us is a new understanding of the E word, excellence. In the business world we live in today, excellence is the only possible guiding business principle for success. If we just go for average(Zapville the past 10 years) and maybe beating others on price point, it will not work. On the other hand if we go for the best product/service out there in its class at a reasonable price, we got it.
Yes I know, this does not sound like the old Rick. That's because it is not the old Rick that relied on tradition, and good customer service to keep the train chugging along.
Mine eyes have been opened. Hang on. Zaplady already has a tether hooked to me so she can keep up.
Just goes to show that an old dog really can learn new tricks. Glad you're having exciting times in Zapville Rick. Exciting for log vape fans as well. :tup:

max,

smartrott

RumbleShorts said:
Thanks for the update Rick!!

Feels pretty good knowing my Rockzilla is part of the fabled seven.
hmm seven... Maybe this collection of seven needs their own classification.
Like.... The Seven Deadly Sins, The Seven Dwarfs, The Seven Wonders of the World, The Seven Samurai or the Seven Paths to Zappville.

Just a thought on a wake and vape morning :)

"Crazy I can't believe I a actually gonna get one of those 7

I should wait but like you said Rick, the elcuelsivelty of owning the top Rock is on point and an opportunity that I just CAN'T pass up. Thanks again for all these long hours Rick you've been putting in.", Bio

This and this. It's gonna be a sweet, sweet saturday. Oh yeah :brow:

smartrott,

kewpcer

Saaaaturday.... In the park... I think there'll be some red in my eyyyyeesss! :peace:

I too am tempted to wait for the bottom load, but rick has eaten me alive teasing me with it. You old bastard! I just want to know if that white blaze i saw in the bottom of the stick wound up in my Zap. That was the cool end of the stick, the other end was more figured straight grains from what I could tell.

DAMMIT! I can't wait!

kewpcer,

SirElton

Hey yall. I don't know if I should be concerned, but I just noticed my Zap's wood grains are splitting apart. Its hard to explain so hopefully some of you know what I'm talking about. The splits are just in the front where the wood changes from light to dark (hard to see without pics, sorry) and they run up the length of the Zap stopping a little before the top. I've had this for under two weeks. Is this normal? I'll give her a polishing and see if that does anything. If not, at least it'll be shiny.

SirElton,

SleepyHead

Wow, seems like a lot has happened since I've been here last. Is there anyone kind enough to provide me with a quick update? I see this new MZ model, with a concrete core, this is very new (and exciting). Is this the SSS everyone is saying? Not sure what that stands for lol, but these new builds look very nice. When can we buy one of these/how much will they cost? Thanks :)

EDIT: This is called a RockZap, correct? I love all this new stuff :D
SSS= Solid Stainless Steel, very nice

SleepyHead,

aero18

vaporist
You can see the difference between the older brass models and the newer SSS models in my photos. I bought my new MZ right after Rick introduced the new SSS heater. It does not have the new concrete liner that insulates the SSS core. That came out after my purchase at the beginning of this month.

aero18,

Vitolo

Vaporist
@aero18
That is too damn good looking! :brow:

@SirElton- this could be an over studious eye just now noticing this grain. Having seen herev in the thread, your meticulous eye, and attention to detail.. I think that you are becoming intimately familiar with every pore of this unit.
On my Zaps, where the knots start and grains change.. there are variations in whether I can detect that fine line or not as a crack...
I don't perceive these as actual cracks, but natural layerings in the wood.
Waxing it sure as heck wont hurt!

Vitolo,
Top Bottom