Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

Vitolo

Vaporist
Looking back now to post 4961... Damn, that is a fine piece of wood.
We are a lucky bunch here.
We all are right smack dab in the middle of history being made.
Vaporizing is becoming well known.. The Aromazap, has come a long road already... and we are getting to see the actual process of this change.
Our kids kids will say "my granpa says All Zaps used to be brass"
This little amazing ripple in history... we were here!
Photoon2011-07-07at08532.jpg

"Live clean"
:peace:

Vitolo,

Nycdeisel

As am I! All well done work Rick, we know there is lots of good to come for Zapville in the months/years to come! :clap:

Now I am all the more excited for my cherryzap

Nycdeisel,

collegerower

Rick,

Exciting times!

My girlfriend and I have decided to move to Australia for at least 4 months this November (I am hoping for longer...) so it will be interesting to see what zapville will look like when I get back. I will also miss my zap while I am gone. Not going to try flying will it. I think I will just have to combust over there (if I can find weed). Money will be tight, and I don't know if I can swing getting another Launch Box that is clean to fly with.

collegerower,

kewpcer

Over 12 hours without a post... Me thinks some happy SSS owners recieved their goodies and are now in a... ahem... "rigorous review process" :ko:

kewpcer,

guardian

still waiting for mine, money is pretty tight so i hope it gets out by wednesday at the latest, i ordered the regular stainless heatport last thursday wouldve been sooner but it took my bank 3 days to deposit my funds into paypal. i may have ordered at the wrong time with all the new updates keeping rick busy which i dont really care for myself im happy without a concrete liner if it saves time on the order. but still hanging in there obviously no mail goes out on sunday. :/

guardian,

Rick

Zapman
guardian
We are running a bit longer than 0ne week from order to ship. That would put yours shipping at the end of next week at the earliest. We still have a decent line ahead of any order made.
Lots of new action going on here at FC in the log vape area. We are very glad to see it and are also very glad we have decided to take a few steps up in the Zap world at this time
I have mentioned that we are working on a bottom install of the concrete lined version of our SSS heatport. I picked up a couple scraps Saturday that were turned out in just a few minutes to determine how the bottom install design might look and work. Today I put one together just for testing. Very nice. Very thick clouds. We like it.

Here is a front view showing a couple different designs that we will not be doing. We will not have the hard to polish lines that you see on these two pieces. Old style walnut Zap in the middle for size comparison.
bottominstall001.jpg

Here you see the top view. Look closely between the wood and the SSS heatport for the ceramic insulator.
bottominstall003.jpg

Another shot with a few ceramic insulators on the side. These insulators were cut from floor tiles with a water jet. We will have one on the top of the concrete lined SSS heatport and one at the bottom of the concrete cup, all held in place mechanically with very small wood screws.
bottominstall005.jpg

We are showing these shots to let you all know what is coming down the Zapville tracks soon. I want to show the top view with the wood design. The ceramic insulators will allow the wood to be wood without too much heat. We expect a very long lifetime for these Zaps because the wood is protected from the heat very thoroughly.
They are still nice and warm to hold. Not as warm as total wood insulated log vapes but still plenty therapeutic for aching hands.

Rick,

kewpcer

Pepper mill scraps? :lol:

I'm digging the bottom loaded heater. I'd rather not have the ceramic spacer unless its needed, though.
If you could hold the rock liner in your hand, the ceramic insulators might be overkill anyway.

kewpcer,

Rick

Zapman
I could hold the concrete liner in my hand with the heater on but like a hot potato. It had to be set in something to hold it upright as I could not hold it for more than a few seconds. It was way cooler than the SSSport alone to hold for sure. The ceramic at the top protects the top lip of the wood because we push everything up from the bottom. That SSS top plate direct on the thin top wood lip would probably burn and/or crack it. Besides, what if it was marble? We can make the insulators out of anything.
kewpcer do you see something familiar in the top pic? I'll be opening it up tomorrow.

Rick,

RumbleShorts

Very nice Rick!
That is some good looking wood in the background of the Zap photo especially the Zebra wood (?) and the block in between zap 1 & 2.
Hopefully the RockZap production fires up this week, can't wait to have the new zap home, warm & ready for stems!

RumbleShorts,

Rick

Zapman
RumbleShorts
You got it. I have another handful or so of the regular SSS on wood installs to finish tomorrow then I will start the RockZap1 for another handful of you that opted to go with the concrete cup liner and another old customer who will get a Myrtle Burl SSS Rockzap1 and has been waiting patiently for awhile. Trim washers should be here Tuesday and we have cups being poured every day so we should make a mid to late week ship of those orders.
As for the top ceramic insulater, remember it is also a stop for the heatport assembly when installed from the bottom. I can enlarge the size of the very top hole in the wood to expose some of that insulator. Just in case we decided to make it out of marble or some other pretty rock. You would then see an exposed ring of whatever it was, then wood.
This really is getting fun. Another side benefit of me moving to the 21st century is lower costs of production, mainly my time. That should result in AZ/MZ setting a good starting price point on entry level products. A good LOW starting price point that will drive our competitors nuts. Same with our customers.

Rick,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Ah Ricardo.... I just can't wait to see what's ahead. These new pieces are stellar.

When I look back at the last year, it blows my mind. So many changes and much growth in Zapville, both in vape design and people. Puts a smile on my face. :D

momofthegoons,

the ob

all good in the hood.
momofthegoons said:
Ah Ricardo.... I just can't wait to see what's ahead. These new pieces are stellar.

When I look back at the last year, it blows my mind. So many changes and much growth in Zapville, both in vape design and people. Puts a smile on my face. :D

agreed. I have said it before and I will say it again, it is great to see great things happen to good people. I do not believe this happens enough anymore.

the ob,

RumbleShorts

Rick said:
RumbleShorts
You got it. I have another handful or so of the regular SSS on wood installs to finish tomorrow then I will start the RockZap1 for another handful of you that opted to go with the concrete cup liner and another old customer who will get a Myrtle Burl SSS Rockzap1 and has been waiting patiently for awhile.

Thanks Rick!!! You just made my day!

RumbleShorts,

kewpcer

I thought that was it. I can't wait! I'm so anxious to see the zaps it makes.

And for the price difference, you should definitely go for marble. You're definitely at a crossroads now. You can either go the full on custom route and cater to any need, or streamline and offer 2-3 levels of super quality standard product (a la Apple).

I saw that the dopefiend is posting in the WISPR thread. He might be worth sending a sample unit too should you decide to get overseas, especially since you've got the basic unit down to a quick pat now. He has a huge following and an established vaporizer business in the UK.

Don't take this as a push, I just saw an opportunity that you might see value to Zapville in. :peace:

kewpcer,

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
Okay I give up. I used the Search and I looked back over 8-9 pages where I thought it might be, and now I give up! Hope you guys can just answer my question.

I haven't been around here for a long time ... life changes... things seem to be getting back to some semblance of "norml" now... [pun intended!]... So hi Rick and Zap fans, how r u doing these days?

My question is, I remember talk of a bubbler for the Zap. I'm not even exactly sure what a bubbler is but what I am hoping it is, is a little glass unit that you put water in that goes between the stem and the lips... to cool off and moisturize the vapor a little. If so, then where do I get one? If I'm wrong, then my question is, rather: Is there an easy to use, small unit to add some water to and use in between the zap and my lungs?

I know the vapor isn't that hot but I have throat issues.
Also, I have a couple different methods of hooking up the Zap to a water pipe and a bong, but those are both rather bulky and complex and I like to keep my Zap accessories discreet, not have to haul my water pipe in and out of the briefcase I keep it in, just for a quick hit...

So if anyone can help me out with info I'd appreciate it!

Glad to see FuckCombustion and Rick's thread here are doing so well!

MoeOnTheMoon,

nr-cole

A bubbler is a very small bong. Usually 10 - 12 inches. It uses the same connections a bong would. People have had some success pairing the PD with the VapeXHale Cloud's "Hydratube", which is a very compacted diffuser/stem... thingy. There might have been something similar talked about here? I can't remember. Anyways. Dig around the PD and VXC threads, wait for somebody with better memory to post here, or think about buying a tiny $20 China bong. Cheers :)

nr-cole,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Good to see you back MoeOnTheMoon. I'm thinking that the bubbler you are asking about was a bubbler stem that Cleardome was making for the PD. There were only a few made and he does not make them anymore. However, there are many small bubblers (bong type) out there. Maybe you can find one small enough to suit your needs. ;)

momofthegoons,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Damn Rick, you are on fire with all these new upgrades, its one after another!!! You are the MAN! That train to Zapville is an exciting journey!

Ed's TnT,

SirElton

I'm glad to see Zapville experimenting with some different shapes than the basic soda can. Though I'm not too keen on the designs posted above (hard to polish, indeed), I'm hoping the concrete liner will allow for more of the like. :)

SirElton,
Top Bottom