Arizer Solo

JoeKickass

Oh man I can't believe I waited this long for this thing... Is everyone else's solo on 7 weaker than the pax on low??

JoeKickass,

al bundy

Vaporist
Had Girl Scout Cookie today. 1st time I ever tried it, In the Solo on 6

@ ataxian I can see why you like this strain.
I was F"D UP !! :smug::peace:

Also ordered the WT from GBD. should be here Monday

Oh man I can't believe I waited this long for this thing... Is everyone else's solo on 7 weaker than the pax on low??

Solo is new?
My Solo on 7 is much better than the Pax on low..
(unofficial Pax but it works great)
What Dreamerr said is the stem all the way in? post a pic.

Last edited by a moderator:

JoeKickass

Yeah tomrrow I'll try with some top shelf, all I have right now is the average mids I feed my hungry hungry Pax.

I tried different amounts, I never packed, and I tried inhaling at all different speeds. I get vapor, just kinda thin, and then I have to wait 30s for the next hit, pretty much exactly like this video:

Compare that to where I'm coming from :ko:

I'm glad I tried it, but I'm starting to worry this might not be the vape for me, in a lot of ways it reminds me of the Pinncle v1 :2c:

JoeKickass,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
You just got it so play with it cause something is right.

Wholly crap and you all let me get away with it...EDIT NOT RIGHT............

Last edited:
Dreamerr,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Let the stem cook in there for around 20 - 30 seconds before you hit it. You'll get a much better hit that way.

dannomac21

Account Closed
did you make sure you didn't bump the switch for what voltage it is set to? mine is still going strong, I haven't had any issues with it at all. if you didn't bump the switch I would take it back to radio shack, have them test if it is blown, of course they may not have any idea how to test it because IME most RS employees would be better suited flipping burgers (that isn't a shot at the employees but the company that dumps them into a position where they are selling electronics without proper training)

Yeah the switch was set for 12V. When I had my first charger and plugged the Solo in, the blue light would come on and lights 1-3 would be flashing constantly. When I plug the Solo into the Enercell, it comes on and acts like it's going to start charging, everything happens except the actual green flashing charge light. So the blue light stays solid. No lights are on 1-7 (because it's low on battery), and it just doesn't charge.

Took it to RadioShack today and he plugged the charger in and swapped it out. Brought it home and it still didn't work. I wonder if I have a bad type B plug. He never changed that out. It's a super weird issue...like it's going to start charging but never actually does. Has anyone else had this?

E-Mailed Arizer...we'll see how far I get with them. Hopefully it's a bag plug...probably a longshot though

dannomac21,

clouded vision

Did you make sure that you have the tip installed the right way? there is "tip" written on the cord and there is a positive on the B plug which should be on the same side as the "tip"

clouded vision,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Excellent fix pipes and very honorable as well for finding an issue yourself and telling the customers.
Fav tools in my book binder clips although I don't use often, velcro and more velcro, since I am not a guy I don't like duct tape lol so I bought pink duct tape.
Thanks Dreamer. Had some help with finding the issue. sam had posted about the vent and I thought that was an excellent solution. Had an eye open for a solution which could be added ever since.
Hats off there samfuzzywuzzy. :clap:
Here is a link to the revised Instruction Sheet.
Hope the link works. First time trying the SkyDrive. :hmm:
@Pipes - Nice idea with the A/c clip. I wonder what made you decided to put the PA on the vent....LOL
:popcorn:

You go Pipes! :rockon:

:peace:
Well I am very close. Have almost all the imperfections out. Have to finalize another casting. I keep telling myself that but then improve it just that little bit more. This one is so shiny because it will be used for the finial?? cast. Hope my logo is OK. hehe :p

SoloCradle9_zps1b98ea15.jpg

The finial product will be tight fitting as some will like that. The sides squeeze the side of the Solo but has a slight "give" to flex a bit. I have made channels along the inside rim to let the side flex a little more.
For the folks that would like it to pull off at any other level of resistance can adjust on their own. This can be done by use of a emery board type nail file which will be included. It is just a disposable type file that one would rub along the inside of sides. Gradually getting to the desired fit. The file will fill up quick and needs cutting the debris filed end off of file by using side cutters. Of course some care needs to be taken as not to take too much off. Unless of course that's the goal for charging only.

As for the how's that made. I think this picture sums it up nicely.

SoloCradle20_zps615954fa.jpg

Pipes :rockon:

dannomac21

Account Closed
Did you make sure that you have the tip installed the right way? there is "tip" written on the cord and there is a positive on the B plug which should be on the same side as the "tip"

Yeah the tip is installed correctly. It doesn't even turn the Solo on if you have it the other way and plug it in. It's so weird. Like it fires up like it's going to start charging and just doesn't produce the charge.

dannomac21,

Dreamerr

:rofl::rofl:Yep pipes that summed it up just perfectly cause all I see is stuff:rofl::rofl:

Dreamerr,

Vaporito

Thanks Dreamer. Had some help with finding the issue. sam had posted about the vent and I thought that was an excellent solution. Had an eye open for a solution which could be added ever since.

Well I am very close. Have almost all the imperfections out. Have to finalize another casting. I keep telling myself that but then improve it just that little bit more. This one is so shiny because it will be used for the finial?? cast. Hope my logo is OK. hehe :p

The finial product will be tight fitting as some will like that. The sides squeeze the side of the Solo but has a slight "give" to flex a bit. I have made channels along the inside rim to let the side flex a little more.
For the folks that would like it to pull off at any other level of resistance can adjust on their own. This can be done by use of a emery board type nail file which will be included. It is just a disposable type file that one would rub along the inside of sides. Gradually getting to the desired fit. The file will fill up quick and needs cutting the debris filed end off of file by using side cutters. Of course some care needs to be taken as not to take too much off. Unless of course that's the goal for charging only.

Looks very promising Pipes.

I would suggest that you make it a bit heavy, maybe add a small weight so it says put on a table.

An alternative to the emery board would be to glue on some velvet type material around the inside, so it can hold the solo but not scratch it up.

I have the 3d printed stand and I like it but had to put some gaffers tape on the inside to avoid scratching up the paint on the solo.

I would also make the stand a bit deeper so it holds the solo more securely.

Going further, why not incorporate this into a tray/organizer type stand to hold some stems and the fbomb?

Kind of what I used in the pics I posted but all integrated into one unit.

Dreamerr

Vaporito, this I believe is for PA use so we want it light and the least obtrusive. It also has to feel good in peoples hands even small womans hands.

I have the 3D one and it is light add a penny to the four corners if it is just for charging. I also have a 3D one made for me that is for the PA which you may have seen pages ago. It is much shorter then the square one and is rounded. I will take side by side pics for you later. I never take my solo out of the PA stand as I use it that way. Bottom line is it depends on your needs charging stand or PA holder.

CaliGuy

Got my Solo in the mail last week, just got to try it yesterday and I love it. It's my first vape, and I've been doing research for a while. The thing that really tipped the scales for the Solo was a thread here about "what vape is best if zero combustion is your top priority" and nearly every response was in favor of the Solo. I bought one off eBay and so far it's been just perfect -- easy to get started, easy to set up, perfect size for my situation (need portable but not discreet-even-when-walking-down-the-street portable), tasted great when using it, etc. I don't need big smoke-like clouds, in fact I find them a little odd when vapor is the goal. Started with 5, worked fine for me, will continue to experiment. Nothing to compare it to since this is my first vape, but extremely happy with this unit. Just wanted to share :) -- and to say thanks to the community for all the great advice!

Vaporito

Cool I would love to see a pick of the round 3d stand.

And I hear what you're saying. In fact that's the one negative about the aio, the cord prevents you from standing the solo...

Dreamerr

Got my Solo in the mail last week, just got to try it yesterday and I love it. It's my first vape, and I've been doing research for a while. The thing that really tipped the scales for the Solo was a thread here about "what vape is best if zero combustion is your top priority" and nearly every response was in favor of the Solo. I bought one off eBay and so far it's been just perfect -- easy to get started, easy to set up, perfect size for my situation (need portable but not discreet-even-when-walking-down-the-street portable), tasted great when using it, etc. I don't need big smoke-like clouds, in fact I find them a little odd when vapor is the goal. Started with 5, worked fine for me, will continue to experiment. Nothing to compare it to since this is my first vape, but extremely happy with this unit. Just wanted to share :) -- and to say thanks to the community for all the great advice!

Welcome to the club:clap:

Cool I would love to see a pick of the round 3d stand.

And I hear what you're saying. In fact that's the one negative about the aio, the cord prevents you from standing the solo...
Hence a PA one:tup:

Dreamerr,
Reactions: Pipes

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Looks very promising Pipes.

I would suggest that you make it a bit heavy, maybe add a small weight so it says put on a table.

An alternative to the emery board would be to glue on some velvet type material around the inside, so it can hold the solo but not scratch it up.

I have the 3d printed stand and I like it but had to put some gaffers tape on the inside to avoid scratching up the paint on the solo.

I would also make the stand a bit deeper so it holds the solo more securely.

Going further, why not incorporate this into a tray/organizer type stand to hold some stems and the fbomb?

Kind of what I used in the pics I posted but all integrated into one unit.
Thanks for the feedback. It's odd but the plastic doesn't seem to scratch up the base at all. It's fairly soft plastic with no sharp edges.
The depth of the sides is something I actually lowered as to not cover any of the display. Grabs the Solo surprisingly well.

Weight, not needed, the little extra base width adds much stability. And don't like weight lifting while using with a PA myself.

As for the f-BOMB. sheeeee not so loud, your getting a head of me. almost....:brow:

Organizer's, I'll leave for the cosmetic companies.
Vaporito, this I believe is for PA use so we want it light and the least obtrusive. It also has to feel good in peoples hands even small womans hands.

I have the 3D one and it is light add a penny to the four corners if it is just for charging. I also have a 3D one made for me that is for the PA which you may have seen pages ago. It is much shorter then the square one and is rounded. I will take side by side pics for you later. I never take my solo out of the PA stand as I use it that way. Bottom line is it depends on your needs charging stand or PA holder.
Correct, everyone has different needs. Speaking of lights. OF gave me the idea that putting in an LED is very doable. Of course makes the assembly process more complex but one never knows.

Dreamerr

And what do we need that LED light for?
I am just picturing the top of the magicalbutter.com and it's light show. I am not looking for it you go find it lol.
Ok I am out for a bit...I will put the pic up when I get back.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: Pipes

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
And what do we need that LED light for?
I am just picturing the top of the magicalbutter.com and it's light show. I am not looking for it you go find it lol.
Ok I am out for a bit...I will put the pic up when I get back.
Must be a guy thing...:lmao:

Pipes,
Reactions: Dreamerr

OF

When I plug the Solo into the Enercell, it comes on and acts like it's going to start charging, everything happens except the actual green flashing charge light. So the blue light stays solid. No lights are on 1-7 (because it's low on battery), and it just doesn't charge.

I'm betting it's a voltage mismatch going on and it's really in the start up part of PA mode. Not charging. Please do an quick experiment for me? When you get that one blue light and no charging, use the up key to see if you can set it to say step 3?

TIA

OF

OF,

JoeKickass

Charging helped my solo I think, it also has really good airflow (coming from the pax) even with the standard stems so I almost wish I got the standard GonG.

I tried with a bit of wax and got a nice long sesh, then did two stems to try out the regular stems, is this what people get on lvl 7:
lYdsuNf.jpg

But the flavor with wax was very good! I'm hopeful it will shine with some grams of topshelf, I'm so used to buying bulk mids for the Pax it will be a real treat to use a vape that can conserve!

Dreamerr

Ah mister that is light for 12 mins if you did that on 7. I am assuming you are using water cause IIRC that is what you like. That looks like it has green in it. I get even brown on 3 so the darker browns in there throughout and I run my stems twice.

GSH

On a Möbius plane

Can't wait for this buddy, I have the 3d printed dock too, but it isn't ideal for PA mode...too bulky!

Cheers for all your hard work :clap::tup:

Top Bottom