Arizer Solo

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
I really like the look of Ed's wood stems, and very much regret not getting one when I ordered my solo. Later on I'm booking a trip to Amsterdam so it might have to wait until my purse recovers from that :D

When is that due?
I'm going to the cannabis cup and be there with my solo + ed wood's from nov 17-23

If only I could have taken my HT lol :)

m0sh,

wonderfox

February! I'd love to go to cannabis cup sometime - maybe next year. Have an awesome time and let me know what you recommend :)
How are you going about taking your solo with you on the plane? I'm wondering what to do vape-wise when I go as I don't want to smoke. Think I might buy a VG and leave it there.

wonderfox,

m0sh

February! I'd love to go to cannabis cup sometime - maybe next year. Have an awesome time and let me know what you recommend :)
How are you going about taking your solo with you on the plane? I'm wondering what to do vape-wise when I go as I don't want to smoke. Think I might buy a VG and leave it there.

Well as of now you won't be able to get into coffeshops on February

About taking it on a plane, I see no problem, I will toss it in my bag and the wood stem I will put along side my shampoo and such...

I won't go away anywhere without my solo anymore!

m0sh,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I get it now. Think I'll stay with Randy at Puffitup. He has always really cool about answering my emails,and folks here have good things to say about Puffitup.
The knowledge that they will back me up in the event of something going wrong is worth WAY more than saving 30 bucks.
Thanks for the heads-up VapeNStone. :cheers:

You bet cause I have my solo less then two weeks and it died. Randy sent me a label within hours and now it is up to me to somehow get it to the post office and a new one will be sent. Randy is great.

Do you have the pvhes to compare to stock? I would be curious on your thoughts since they are both the same except for the grooves.

I have both. If I'm not vaping through water I'll use the PVHES stems, but really only because I have them. I don't find the draw on stock SO restrictive that I get head or tooth pain as others have commented. I find the hits to be slightly more concentrated due to the restrictive draw on the stock stems.

I can get the solo for 129 now just one quick thing:

For vaporbong solo> eq? an the air flow won't be as bad with a stemline? I looked at pvhes but ill just try the stems it comes with.
Like stickstones said, the EQ has much less restrictive air flow. It's also got a wider range of temperatures. I've got and EQ and a Solo and I think my EQ has only come out of storage once since I got the Solo.
Well as of now you won't be able to get into coffeshops on February

About taking it on a plane, I see no problem, I will toss it in my bag and the wood stem I will put along side my shampoo and such...

I won't go away anywhere without my solo anymore!
Yeah I'm going to take my Solo with me on my next flight too. Should be really easy to clean it well enough to pass inspection.

kingofnull,

Dreamerr

I think my head hurts on most vapes cause of my sinuses but I need to find a way to reduce the issue. I am getting better on the solo but now it is dead so will have to delay my practice. I really think I don't get enough O2 most of the time during the two allergy seasons we have where I live.

I most likely will get both the regular and the turbo hes just to see the difference. I even got a clogged head with the vaporlung I made yesterday. I will say it works great with the INH. The very first draw on the solo is when it died.

Dreamerr,

musicisevil

I apologize in advance but Ed's advocates need to make a stronger case than "classy and collectible". "Durable and larger bowl" seem like earnest praises to bestow on an aftermarket product. However if you are buying a stem based on its resale value in the "fancy used paraphernalia" market, you may need to reassess your priorities ;)

My almost perfect setup :

SXY7v.jpg

:)
This is high praise. I would never attempt that with my glass GonG. Give Ed some more earnest insight and praise like above, instead of saying they are pretty. On the other hand, I can't say I would take a heavily used wooden stem through airport security, even if it had the shit scrapped out of it (I'm assuming you can't soak them in iso) but everyone's comfort level is different

musicisevil,
Reactions: Vitolo

BlazedRunner

run high
The OEM stems offer plenty of air flow if you use them right. You just need to lift the stem a little bit. The air holes in the heater unit are blocked by the rim of the stem if it's all the way down in there, but if you lift it out a little bit then you unblock them. I use mine like a carb. The higher you lift the tube out, the more airflow you get.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
The OEM stems offer plenty of air flow if you use them right. You just need to lift the stem a little bit. The air holes in the heater unit are blocked by the rim of the stem if it's all the way down in there, but if you lift it out a little bit then you unblock them. I use mine like a carb. The higher you lift the tube out, the more airflow you get.

I do this too!

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I apologize in advance but Ed's advocates need to make a stronger case than "classy and collectible". "Durable and larger bowl" seem like earnest praises to bestow on an aftermarket product. However if you are buying a stem based on its resale value in the "fancy used paraphernalia" market, you may need to reassess your priorities ;)

This is high praise. I would never attempt that with my glass GonG. Give Ed some more earnest insight and praise like above, instead of saying they are pretty. On the other hand, I can't say I would take a heavily used wooden stem through airport security, even if it had the shit scrapped out of it (I'm assuming you can't soak them in iso) but everyone's comfort level is different

I wouldn't take my wooden stem through security, at this point. The metal retaining clip that holds the screen in place does a good job of retaining little bits of plant matter. I would first need to clean the shit out of it, and then wonder about the wood. No iso, so I'm not sure what that would do on a security check.

You sure make saying something is attractive sound like a shitty thing to say.

musicisevil

I wouldn't take my wooden stem through security, at this point. The metal retaining clip that holds the screen in place does a good job of retaining little bits of plant matter. I would first need to clean the shit out of it, and then wonder about the wood. No iso, so I'm not sure what that would do on a security check.

You sure make saying something is attractive sound like a shitty thing to say.
It's allowed to be pretty, but it isn't a selling point over usefullness for me. Fashion over function? When someone asks which stem works better and all the replies are about aesthetics, one can only wonder.

Dreamerr

I do this as well too from reading I learned to. It does work. I can just lift the stem with my mouth while drawing.

Ed's new stem is tapered so it will fit into a water tool easier. How do you clean the wood stem. I have searched for an answer last week and never found one. Can I assume the iso would take the finish off?

Dreamerr,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
It's allowed to be pretty, but it isn't a selling point over usefullness for me. Fashion over function? When someone asks which stem works better and all the replies are about aesthetics, one can only wonder.

I have never replied about aesthetics only.

stickstones,

musicisevil

appreciate the reply ******, but i was wondering about the useability and how the airflow is improved, not aesthetics, altho i do like how they look :ko:
Seems like jens was on the same page as me... I'm not trying to start a fuss. Just saying that "looks pretty" isn't a function but it always seems to accompany any Ed's discussion.

musicisevil,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
it accompanies it because it applies. im a form over function guy all day long, so the beauty is ancilliary to me. The PVHES stems only increase airflow, so getting Ed's stem instead was a no brainer since i wanted a stem that would not break in my pocket as well. i might end up getting a PV stem someday though, as I prefer the taste of glass.

I almost forgot...the best thing for me about Ed's stem is that if mates with 14mm bubbler.

So, if you are trying to compare the two...

Ed's -- stronger, bigger bowl, mates with 14mm glass, and better airflow (oh, and it's pretty)
PV -- same great glass taste, better airflow

I don't have both so I can't say as to which has the better airflow. I think PV is cheaper than Ed, and both can have availability issues.

musicisevil

it accompanies it because it applies. im a form over function guy all day long, so the beauty is ancilliary to me. The PVHES stems only increase airflow, so getting Ed's stem instead was a no brainer since i wanted a stem that would not break in my pocket as well. i might end up getting a PV stem someday though, as I prefer the taste of glass.

I almost forgot...the best thing for me about Ed's stem is that if mates with 14mm bubbler.

So, if you are trying to compare the two...

Ed's -- stronger, bigger bowl, mates with 14mm glass, and better airflow (oh, and it's pretty)
PV -- same great glass taste, better airflow

I don't have both so I can't say as to which has the better airflow. I think PV is cheaper than Ed, and both can have availability issues.

Only thing I would add to this apt comparison (because I'm in the opposite boat, have PVs an no Ed's) is that the PV stems also fit 14mm, are easier to clean and are the same diameter as OEM

musicisevil,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
The thing with my Solo stems are they are made to work efficiently without breaking! No one wants to drop a glass stem, and with mine you dont have to worry about picking up broken slivers of glass. It has the solid 5/16" hole all the way through it and not the 4 small holes like stock stems. Its has the four slots in the metal bushing to increase airflow. It also has the 14mm tapered mouth piece so that it can be fitted to most bubblers/bongs. As far as cleaning, you should never ever soak the stem. When cleaning you should use a swab or pipe cleaner dipped in ISO and shake/squeeze the excess out then swab or push through the wood to remove any oils/resins.

Solo stems are in their 5th run and this run the bushings will have a duller end and not nearly as sharp.

I hope this is helpful!

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Only thing I would add to this apt comparison (because I'm in the opposite boat, have PVs an no Ed's) is that the PV stems also fit 14mm, are easier to clean and are the same diameter as OEM

I didn't know that about the PV's fitting glass...thanks! Also, reclaim is easier and probably better in the glass stems. It may not even be possible to reclaim with Ed's stems...I don't know and will probably not even try.

stickstones,

musicisevil

I didn't know that about the PV's fitting glass...thanks! Also, reclaim is easier and probably better in the glass stems. It may not even be possible to reclaim with Ed's stems...I don't know and will probably not even try.
I was pleasantly surprised to find this out too! This was the only method I used for water vaping with the solo, up until I smashed a PVHES and turned it into a GonG. I guarantee a stock stem won't feel as sturdy as an Ed's, stuffed into your glass, but it will work in a pinch.

musicisevil,
Reactions: Ed's TnT

DcTokeMan

VapinBlackGuy<~~~Rare
my pvhes stems came today and they do work. the stock stems never gave me headaches or anything, but they were definatly a little restrictive. like when walking and trying to hit the solo, it was a task. this free airflow is much better. imo these are the bees knees

m0sh

I will reply to stuff written here tomorrow but I can assure you one thing, this is not about aesthetics.

I've written a brief review of the PVHES and Ed Wood stem and today after months after I still think the wood is a better deal.

It is true that PVHES offers bigger clouds but its really just about 5 to 10 percent and not more

Also, lets make something clear, the Wood airflow is better than PVHES - who says otherwise has no idea what is talking about I'm very sorry - I sucked both hard and the wood had better airflow - that being said, PVHES have nailed the perfect balance between airflow and thick hits, the turbo model offers the same airflow as the wood stem and the same cloud results (slightly less than the normal PVHES)

I'm sorry, but for 5-10% I want to go safe.
I broke the PVHES because of small mistake but I did the same mistake with the wood stem and guess what...

I've written many reason why to get a wood stem...if you're interested look good in this thread.

And I'm not afraid taking it in my backpack along side with my tooth brush (the stem) because what can they do? its a freaking pipe with resin stuck
I mean u can travel with a pipe?? I will let you know what happened...

Dreamerr

I would think they all have there time and place. Nothing is for everyone. I like the taste of the wood when I am in the mood. Mind you I only had my solo less then two weeks before it broke but used it a lot. I like the taste of the glass more often even with the restriction of the stock stem...no pvhes yet. The glass is also has a bit cooler vape IMHO.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: Vitolo

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker

I too concur sir!

or ma'am...:cool:

mvapes,

JDR

Ok, call me crazy. But here is my proposal:

One of you handy fcombers with drills and dremel bits could completely remove the current airhole segment of the straight stock stem, leaving room to stick a screen further below at the narrow part. The narrowing part seem like it was made to be an herb receptacle in another life. You could, of course pack more botanical matter in there in the least compact way possible, jack up the temp to what ever works, and potentially get a whole new aspect of convection out of this nifty black coke can.

I could/should get me one of them there dremel bit kits off amazon or wherever for $3 or whatever it is and put on my eyewear and drill on the glass underwater without dropping the drill in the kitchen sink...etc..etc. You see, I want to do it. But, I just know what kind of mess I can make.

Any of you handy guys can take my idea and send me a dollar for every one you make. We'll call it even.

JDR

JDR,
Top Bottom