Arizer Solo

Didn't this worry any of you that the device you had may have had a defect? Even if it does end up working again I am worried about the long term effect.

Actually my issue was a little different. It had just come to temp when I noticed it was already dropping temp really fast. After it powered down, It wouldn't turn on right away. I was able to turn the device back on after a few minutes and it operated fine afterwards and has since. I was concerned at the time, but I figured I wouldn't worry myself until it happened again.

kingofnull,

tepictoton

been months ago now...guess it was just a glitch somewhere somehow...I really believe the durability of the solo is very very hard to match (apart from off course the glass tubes).

Think positive ;-)

oh and for what it is worth, I bought mine from vaposhop and feel very confident that if a serious issue will come they will help me out asap...

tepictoton,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I have no issue with worrying about getting a new one if this is broke. I just hate having to send stuff back cause it is hard for me. I also have a full stem waiting to be used:cry:

I guess I really put it through its paces ..I only have it since Oct 26. I already wrote to Randy and waiting for him to get back to me. I just copied and pasted the post I made on the issues with the additional line I added about what happens when it is plugged in. If you didn't see that line read it.

Dreamerr,

tepictoton

hope the issue clears up soonish and you can enjoy some nice vapor again...looking at your line-up that should not be a prob anyway even if the solo is down...;)

tepictoton,

Dreamerr

LOL but I just finished making the vapor lung...not a good job...but the best I could today...and can't even try it. I was pulling the bag when it died.

Dreamerr,

X24

LOL but I just finished making the vapor lung...not a good job...but the best I could today...and can't even try it. I was pulling the bag when it died.

That's so unfortunate :(. The lung does some surprising work. One pass is equivalent to several pulls.

X24,

wonderfox

Just wanted to post a pic of my solo + accessories :D
imag0594i.jpg

+ Dreamerr, real shame to hear about your solo. Hope it gets fixed up soon and that you get by in the meantime!

wonderfox,
Reactions: Vitolo

Sonics420

i cant wait to get my blackwood solo stem from edsTNT.. im hyped right now, believe it already shipped out.

ill put up some pics of the stem/silver arizer once i get it in =]

Sonics420,
Reactions: Vitolo

Jens

whats so special about eds stem and the pvhes stem except for the little 'triangles' being cut out of the glass at the botom of the bowl? Couldn't this the achieved with a file on the stock stems?

Also, is there any alternative to the passtrough charger, it's just a 'simple' 9v power cord that fits or am i missing something?

Also, for the people that complain about the bowl size, how big is it compared to a DBV bowl? I used to load mine up 1/3rd for private use, will i be able to fit this in the solo stems? And if you're not happy with the amount you can load up, couldn't you just vape at a higher temp so you can clear 2, maybe even 3 bowls in a 12 min session? I realize it won't taste as nice, but well, after the first x amount of pulls most of the taste is gone anyway.

How many puffs do you guys get on average from a full solo bowl?

Jens,

Dreamerr

Just an FYI, I just sucked the herb from the solo stem to the INH capsule and it is filled half way without sucking hard so it is loose. Without weighing I thought you all might want the comparison.

Dreamerr,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
whats so special about eds stem and the pvhes stem except for the little 'triangles' being cut out of the glass at the botom of the bowl? Couldn't this the achieved with a file on the stock stems?

Yes. Several have posted previously in this thread of their own stem mods.

In the case of Ed's stems, you also get a stem that won't break and a larger bowl.

stickstones,
Reactions: Ed's TnT

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner

That's what improves the airflow...those "little cuts"
Ed stem has a 1 big hole (turbo pvhes as well)

You can modify the stock stem so it's about the same...ask Zangano Cruel :)

m0sh,

Jens

Ed's stems are classy and collectable and not one is the same as another.
Wood is a very beautiful thing that enhances any collection! (Indeed Ed's Stems become a collection unto themselves!
DSC00427-1.gif
appreciate the reply vitolo, but i was wondering about the useability and how the airflow is improved, not aesthetics, altho i do like how they look :ko:

also, how come improved airflow means bigger hits? I always taught the speed of the hot air moving past the herb determined the density of a hit. The faster you are able to hit, the thinner the vapor should be? (just speaking from experience here, slow hits on my dbv allowed hotter air to pass my herb, resulting in thicker hits)

educate me :D

Jens,

Zookeeper

I got a shorty PVHES for my Solo, but the screens PV provide are a tad too big (considering I desire a slightly domed screen, plus the notches dissuade me from fully packing to the top.

I cut some finer screens by hand (finer because they dont fall apart and reduce particulate pass-through), roughly 12mm, that give a nice low profile dome,yet maintain the airflow I want. Anyone have any idea how to get a few perfectly round 12mm screens for doming? I'm sure there's some type of circle punch tool one could buy,pretty sure you cant buy a 12mm screen..

I require a domed screen because I get perfectly even, thorough extraction and never have to clean the bowl that way. the 12.7 screens take up too much of the shorty bowl, and pushing the herb flat against the glass wall doesnt work near as well for me, for what I would call obvious reasons.

Zookeeper,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
appreciate the reply vitolo, but i was wondering about the useability and how the airflow is improved, not aesthetics, altho i do like how they look :ko:

also, how come improved airflow means bigger hits? I always taught the speed of the hot air moving past the herb determined the density of a hit. The faster you are able to hit, the thinner the vapor should be? (just speaking from experience here, slow hits on my dbv allowed hotter air to pass my herb, resulting in thicker hits)

Airflow is much much better...better than pvhes but probably the same as the turbo modal due to the one big hole ...

the sucking feels much more natural...I have a friend who says that inhaling with the restriction of the stock stem is bad for you...I have no idea about that but anyway, better airflow bigger hits...its still not as big as a DBV cloud...but IMO its big enough and tasty...I just love my solo...and how I got quality strains like purple haze and northern lights ... it doesn't come easy here nor cheap.

one more note ... ed wood stem with tight mesh screen and double screening trick is also why i love it so much

Vitolo

Vaporist
The superfine screen is one element in the formula that can not be overlooked, along with the Metals ability to conduct. This heat transferred combined with the free flowing air couple to make available a longer productive inhalation, for those with good lung capacity. A fully packed Ed's stem would provide sufficient resistance to air flow to prevent too fast of a draw.
Also... in the case of your DBV the hot air is drawn from a hot element through a wand.
In this Solo... the cup is an oven around your stem tip... making it hot itself!
(some convection and conduction going on here~)

Vitolo,
Reactions: Ed's TnT

Zookeeper

The stock Solo design puts the herb in a negative/low pressure area, where the extraction of the ingredients arent a function of the airflow,but a side affect. Opening up the inlet makes the herb chamber a higher pressure area, which forces extraction to happen as a main function of the flowing air passing through the herb. Along with this goes the fact that higher volume of air means a wider 'path of least resistance' is assumed. With the stock setup, a very narrow path can be assumed since there's not much airflow. Air can trickle around your herb rather than pulling through it. Higher volumes will force the air through the herb. With the stock setup, the air has no ability to rush anywhere, except INTO the herb chamber, the low volume, high velocity of that incoming air has no benefit whatsoever other than being a bad method of keeping the Solo heater from losing temp too severely.

Zookeeper,
Reactions: oklahomie

Jens

very informative thank you vito and zookeeper! Would this mean making 2-3 small cuts in the bottom of the stem would make a difference? I'm guessing so if i read zookeepers description, but my reading comprehension is a little off atm so i could be interpreting that wrong :p

if making a few small cuts at the bottom makes a difference, how would i go about doing this without breaking a stem (of a solo i don't even own yet, can't wait to see if it's delivered tomorrow!). I know i could just buy a pvhes or ed's stem, but money is a little tight atm (holidays are coming around) so i'd rather not (plus i'd have to wait 4 weeks anyway before they get delivered here in europe)

how many hits do you guys get on average from a full solo bowl? I ask because i always seemed to get quite a bit more than most people with my DBV, leading me to believe my hits are small, or people don't work their way up the temp as patiently as i do (or i've got miracle-herb). Never bothered to count in the last 2 years, but when i did, i got about 15-30 hits from a dbv bowl packed 1/3

Jens,

Dreamerr

I think someone explained a few pages back. Some kind of dremel or diamond something. I have no idea what I am talking about.

Anyhow this leads to the question why didn't they ever change the stock stem from solo since most don't think it is efficient?

Dreamerr,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I think someone explained a few pages back. Some kind of dremel or diamond something. I have no idea what I am talking about.

Anyhow this leads to the question why didn't they ever change the stock stem from solo since most don't think it is efficient?

I dont see that happening. there is a balance between draw speed and heat retention, and I'll bet Arizer thinks they got it right.

stickstones,

Dreamerr

I guess they don't read other threads. Look at what thermovape is doing...listening to there customers. I am new on the solo and already have a slight opinion but will have one soon. From what I read hardly anyone likes the stock stem. Maybe they should make both. I will have them all and even now switch between ed's and stock. I am sure when I get the pvhes I will still rotate. Only time will tell.

First I have to get a working solo. I wonder if my battery life complaints had to do with this and the battery was just bad.

Dreamerr,

Sonics420

its true. the stock stem i have suck.. thats why i got eds + i want to be portable.. 30% more airflow advertised sounds good enough to me.

sometimes when i hit the solo through the stock stems my teeth start hurting... we'll see if there is a difference with Eds once i get it in..

@ jens, idk how many hits i get but i can be hitting the solo for 12 str8 minutes with one tiny bowl lol

Sonics420,
Top Bottom