Arizer Solo

very informative thank you vito and zookeeper! Would this mean making 2-3 small cuts in the bottom of the stem would make a difference? I'm guessing so if i read zookeepers description, but my reading comprehension is a little off atm so i could be interpreting that wrong :p

if making a few small cuts at the bottom makes a difference, how would i go about doing this without breaking a stem (of a solo i don't even own yet, can't wait to see if it's delivered tomorrow!). I know i could just buy a pvhes or ed's stem, but money is a little tight atm (holidays are coming around) so i'd rather not (plus i'd have to wait 4 weeks anyway before they get delivered here in europe)

how many hits do you guys get on average from a full solo bowl? I ask because i always seemed to get quite a bit more than most people with my DBV, leading me to believe my hits are small, or people don't work their way up the temp as patiently as i do (or i've got miracle-herb). Never bothered to count in the last 2 years, but when i did, i got about 15-30 hits from a dbv bowl packed 1/3
the hits per bowl will vary with your quality of herb and your hitting technique(too many variables). All you can do is wait and make your own assumption with that.

VapeNStone,

Zookeeper

if making a few small cuts at the bottom makes a difference, how would i go about doing this without breaking a stem (of a solo i don't even own yet, can't wait to see if it's delivered tomorrow!). I know i could just buy a pvhes or ed's stem, but money is a little tight atm (holidays are coming around) so i'd rather not (plus i'd have to wait 4 weeks anyway before they get delivered here in europe)

Hundreds of stock Solo stems have been purchased on ebay for 15 bucks, sell both stocks for 25 to recoup your PV investment! I thinking I'm going to etch some designs in my stock stems and see what I can fetch on ebay.

Zookeeper,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Hundreds of stock Solo stems have been purchased on ebay for 15 bucks, sell both stocks for 25 to recoup your PV investment! I thinking I'm going to etch some designs in my stock stems and see what I can fetch on ebay.

If you can etch on it you can make the hes stem.

Dreamerr,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
its true. the stock stem i have suck.. thats why i got eds + i want to be portable.. 30% more airflow advertised sounds good enough to me.

sometimes when i hit the solo through the stock stems my teeth start hurting... we'll see if there is a difference with Eds once i get it in..

@ jens, idk how many hits i get but i can be hitting the solo for 12 str8 minutes with one tiny bowl lol

The hurting teeth is because of the hot air.

About the stock stems, the airflow is very restrictive but if you don't force it and try to pull faster, it is rather easy to have a pleasant hit without headaches. Plus, using a slow draw, it is hotter, hence you don't need to keep it as hot and it doesn't low the temp as much between hits.. all of this hinders battery life. Which is important in a portable too. Also, people forget that the Solo was a favorite of many without any of the other stems available now.

It is almost like the Solo can't be enjoyed without them, well, i have been enjoying it immensely.

That said, i will eventually get EDs and PVHES to complement my collection. I will not sell my stock stems though.

vorrange,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
as for the stock stems, i use the four hole almost all the time. The taste is superior and the draw isn't that bad compared to a PD. I use Ed's stem when travelling and using the bubbler.

stickstones,
Reactions: MrNorml

Dreamerr

as for the stock stems, i use the four hole almost all the time. The taste is superior and the draw isn't that bad compared to a PD. I use Ed's stem when travelling and using the bubbler.

Do you have the pvhes to compare to stock? I would be curious on your thoughts since they are both the same except for the grooves.

Dreamerr,

HSIHP

So I just placed my order for my Solo! I went with Randy at Puffitup simply because he had them in stock and I cant wait for it to get here!

HSIHP,
Reactions: vorrange

Dreamerr

Interesting, well the PVHES are on my wish list. I just have to decide turbo or regular. I am thinking turbo if there is no issue with the screen ledge. Now that they made screens just for it, it should be easier. I did manage to cut two screens to fit my stems snug and flat. I was so impressed with myself:clap:

Dreamerr

I so love options...maybe turbo, reg, and shorty then I will have them all hehe.:brow:

Dreamerr,
Reactions: Vitolo

Malloy1

I can get the solo for 129 now just one quick thing:

For vaporbong solo> eq? an the air flow won't be as bad with a stemline? I looked at pvhes but ill just try the stems it comes with.

Malloy1,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner

For vaporbong solo> eq? an the air flow won't be as bad with a stemline? I looked at pvhes but ill just try the stems it comes with.

if solo > eq than any given X solo > any given X eq ;)

With my wood stem and HT you can build nice big clouds...

m0sh,

May I ask where you are getting that price? I thought puffitup's price was amazing,but for $129 I would have to get 2,right now!

ShipDit,
ShipDit,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
malloy...my E has wide open air flow when vaporbonging, the Solo is restrictive in comparison.

stickstones,

wonderfox

I have both PVHES and stock stems. The PVHES (straight and bent) have much better airflow and I don't have to pull so hard to get big hits. Also I think a bowl lasts me slightly longer with the PVHES, as well as getting better clouds with less effort.
That said, I still really like the stock stems. They do the job and I get large tasty hits using them. I rotate between them all fairly evenly but I would say I use the bent PVHES the most.

wonderfox,

m0sh

I have both PVHES and stock stems. The PVHES (straight and bent) have much better airflow and I don't have to pull so hard to get big hits. Also I think a bowl lasts me slightly longer with the PVHES, as well as getting better clouds with less effort.
That said, I still really like the stock stems. They do the job and I get large tasty hits using them. I rotate between them all fairly evenly but I would say I use the bent PVHES the most.

Really? I never touch my stock stem...

Miss the PVHES tho

m0sh,

wonderfox

Really? I never touch my stock stem...

Miss the PVHES tho
I definitely prefer the PVHES. I just haven't had enough problems with the stock stems to dislike them (yet?).
Generally I take the stock stems out and about with me, as I'd really hate to break the PVHES. My solo has an EXTREMELY loose fit and the stock fit a little tighter so I have more peace of mind using them whilst out.

wonderfox,

m0sh

I definitely prefer the PVHES. I just haven't had enough problems with the stock stems to dislike them (yet?).
Generally I take the stock stems out and about with me, as I'd really hate to break the PVHES. My solo has an EXTREMELY loose fit and the stock fit a little tighter so I have more peace of mind using them whilst out.

Ok that is more reasonable...I just see no reason to use the stock glass stem over PVHES because its basically the same excluding the cuts which improves the airflow

For out and about I suggest you check the wood stem...You don't have to worry about breaking it and it makes the solo classier...

I had both but broke my PVHES and not looking back ever since, stock stem are in a dark place far far away :)

m0sh,
Reactions: MrNorml

wonderfox

I really like the look of Ed's wood stems, and very much regret not getting one when I ordered my solo. Later on I'm booking a trip to Amsterdam so it might have to wait until my purse recovers from that :D

wonderfox,
Top Bottom