Arizer Solo

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Yeah, one time I got my GonG stem so caked it was basically solid oil all the way down. It pretty much lasted an entire day of oil hits with by Bernzomatic heat gun lol

Gobrian

Doesn't anybody just torch their stems for massive oil rips anymore? You kids today!! :myday:
:peace:

tumblr_kpowqoR2Wn1qzma4ho1_400.jpg

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
doesnt doing that burn and scorch the glass permanently??
If you're not careful, and torch too long in one spot, the glass will break. But if you're careful and keep the flame moving, you can get massive hits. Just invert the stem, put it in a 14mm downstem and torch away. Be mindful of heating too much oil and having it run into the downstem only to be lost forever.

It's a fine line you have to walk when doing this, but with practice, the results can be very satisfying.

Edit: If you ruin your stem, blame CharlieDon'tSurf. It's was his "discovery"

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
this is the only reason I don't use a screen, is so it cakes up the stem more. solo stem torch hits are like dabs to my tolerance.

kushcabbage,

dorkus_molorkus

lolz-nice disclaimer Stu-

I did kill 2x stems this way, but I just blazed the bejeebus outta them.
so be careful kids, slow & steady wins the race on this one.

dorkus_molorkus,
Reactions: Stu

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Sometimes I will just hit my Solo over and over and forego my other weapons to build up the gunk in one stem. I become a man on a mission to gunk that sucker up for some great oil hits.

Of course I could just buy some oil and dab it, but what's the fun in that? :shrug:

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
This hot milk stem cleaning trick intrigues me. I just noticed a good layer of stem-oil is collecting, I try and get it to drip down into the buds, and I do believe this happens a bit, but I am a bit anal about keeping things clean, and it's time.

So boiling whole milk + stem + cocoa powder = nice edible?

Its fucking magical hot chocolate dude!

mvapes,

dorkus_molorkus

my last blob of stem/wand hash went into bacardi 151 and did little mini shots all day.

I had a really great time (I think)

dorkus_molorkus,

poonman

I've dunked mine in hot black coffee for a few minutes , stir around a bit , let sit .
Then remove and soak in iso to get the rest of the debris out .
It definitely adds a kick to my weekend morning cup of java .

btw , it helps the process if the stems are heated already and the resin loosened up .
So while I'm making my coffee , I'll do a session too .
I love weekends .

vaplexus

Here is an update on my thread about my solo charging base project. the decision was to integrate a power cable into the based that your existing charger would plug into. this way you dont have to try and get your charger plug to stay in the base. other benefits are you can use the charger separate from the base and it with the base you get an extra few feet of cord length. i had to order the cables and they just came in and work great.

the other thing was another idea for a base. this one is mainly for people with the battery bypass adapter. instead of a stationary base, for charging, this is about the same size as the solo so it allows you to stand your solo up with the adapter plugged in. it works pretty good. it makes the solo a little more unstable because its up higher but its totally usable.

i am going to get the prototypes out to the beta testers soon. i have to print everything and assemble it. so it will be a couple weeks probably before i get them out. the beta testers are free to post here what they think of these things. maybe they will suck in actual use. maybe they will rock.

solobases1.JPG

solobases2.JPG

solobases3.JPG

solobases5.JPG

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Here is an update on my thread about my solo charging base project. the decision was to integrate a power cable into the based that your existing charger would plug into. this way you dont have to try and get your charger plug to stay in the base. other benefits are you can use the charger separate from the base and it with the base you get an extra few feet of cord length. i had to order the cables and they just came in and work great.

the other thing was another idea for a base. this one is mainly for people with the battery bypass adapter. instead of a stationary base, for charging, this is about the same size as the solo so it allows you to stand your solo up with the adapter plugged in. it works pretty good. it makes the solo a little more unstable because its up higher but its totally usable.

i am going to get the prototypes out to the beta testers soon. i have to print everything and assemble it. so it will be a couple weeks probably before i get them out. the beta testers are free to post here what they think of these things. maybe they will suck in actual use. maybe they will rock.

solobases1.JPG

solobases2.JPG

solobases3.JPG

solobases5.JPG

Sick...

mvapes,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Last night, I was feeling a little crafty, so I now have a Planet Vape Do-It-Yourself Glass on Glass Medium Efficiency Stem (or PVDIYGonGMES :lol:)

I'll post pics shortly, but basically I took my 14mm gong stem (that I originally got from pv), and marked out 5 dots approximately evenly around the rim of the stem.
I don't have a dremmel, but I do have a dremmel kit, that came with the cutting wheels etc.
I just used a hand drill, and put the dremmel piece in there...
It's a bit of a mcguyvered setup, and it's not necessarily the safest, so just be smart if you're playing with power tools [/disclaimer].
Anyways, I grabbed my eye protection (DON'T TRY CUTTING GLASS WITHOUT EYE PROTECTION. Cut corners other places if you must, but every time I've tried cutting a stem, I've had a chip or 2 hit my eyeware...) which was just a big pair of old sunglasses that covers my eyes thoroughly :lol:

I made a shorty stem out of a bent stem once, using the little disposable cutting wheels (they kinda look like a disc of hard sandpaper).
For this job I used the reinforced cutting wheel, which is a decent bit thicker than the disposable ones, and won't break too easily.

Anyways, I cut a small slit out of the edge of the stem where I'd marked, leaving me with 5 little notches approx 1-2mm deep.
I figured they'd orobably be kinda sharp, so I grabbed my big chefs torch I use for heating my nail, and torched the notches a bit till it looked like they had sealed up a bit (it's sorta hard to describe)

I think the torching might've made my stem fit a little snugger, since I don't remember the fit being as snug before this little experiment, but I digress...

I got a moderate improvement to airflow, maybe 15-20%, hence my calling it a "medium" efficiency stem.
Basically, I used to lift the solo a smidge so that the stem wouldn't block flow, with these notches, I notice no difference lifting the stem, so I've at least gained that much flow.

I'm thinking I'll try turning it into a "turbo" stem next, I'm jut not sure the best way to do that.
I was thinking of trying to replicate the side channels of the pvhes, but I've got NFI how to do it cleanly and safely, so I'll let that go for now...

Frederick McGuire,
Reactions: OhTheAgony

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Update:
I just tried cutting some notches into my 2nd GonG stem...

First notch in, and a big chunk of the glass in the bowl snapped off (maybe 20%)... :(

I've kinda managed to seal it back together, but it's pretty frankensteiney right now :(

My PVDIYGONGMES is still fine though :)

I was using my rotary tool (I dug it out just for this) on a low speed, thinking that it would be better, I dunno if that made it worse, but yeah, I'm gonna call that test a big ol' FAIL

Frederick McGuire,

vaplexus

to cut notches i find low RPMs best. i use a powerful Fordom moto tool and a fairly thick emery wheel, its about 1mm thick. but you go slow.

vaplexus,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Yeah, I remember reading that low RPMs is better, which makes sense.
I was thinking maybe if I was going too slow, the cutting wheel might've grabbed the glass instead of grinding it?

My first test (the successful one), I used the minimum speed on my hand drill, but that was probably faster than the Max on my rotary tool...
:shrug:

Frederick McGuire,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
lexus...that printer of yours stupifies me! cool as shit, and I love the solo things you are doing. I noticed you labeled one solo, which model is the other?

dorkus...i dig it! reminds me of my homemade cloud station, only yours is way classier!

stickstones,
Top Bottom