Arizer Solo

X24

Dorkus- that's pretty cool. Also, you have the same marble pick as mine.

X24,

JDR

Planetvape is also working on a solution to this, they are calling it the Fbomb and it should hopefully be ready some time in the near future...

I know it wouldn't be too hard to macgyver one together. I was messing with one of the GonG adapters, some silicone tubing, and an empty ash catcher and came pretty close. If I can get me one of the diamond drill bits and a couple of big rubber stoppers, I might be in bizness. Might be a bit frankensteiny tho. Certainly not stealthy. ;)

JDR,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I was just checking out the PV stems. How come they don't make them all HES? I was going to get a gong joint, but why bother if the draw is restrictive? I was hoping to find a gong HES stem.

stickstones,

musicisevil

+1 for melting oil in milk/coffee and dremeling your own DIY HES. Use low rpm if you are using a sand disc or "cut off disc" but if you have a diamond disc crank it up! That glass will melt like butter with diamond...

musicisevil,
Reactions: vorrange
I was just checking out the PV stems. How come they don't make them all HES? I was going to get a gong joint, but why bother if the draw is restrictive? I was hoping to find a gong HES stem.

PV said they'd be coming out with PVHEGonG after the bubbler is released. Although the draw is more restrictive, I don't find it as much of an issue through a waterpipe.

Nevertheless, I am going to buy a dremel this week to try and notch some stems.

kingofnull,

vaplexus

lexus...that printer of yours stupifies me! cool as shit, and I love the solo things you are doing. I noticed you labeled one solo, which model is the other?

I originally bought a ceramic M103. then i got a replacement M105 stainless from arizer (with thanks). i am lending/giving my M103 to my girlfriend. but i find the temp range on the M105 doesn't go high enough for me. so i bought a used M1A and will sell the M105 to my friends as a spare. and thats the story.

vaplexus,
Sometimes I will just hit my Solo over and over and forego my other weapons to build up the gunk in one stem. I become a man on a mission to gunk that sucker up for some great oil hits.

Of course I could just buy some oil and dab it, but what's the fun in that? :shrug:

:peace:

Genius... :tup:

UpUpandAway,

Petrosolius

One more question:

How often do you clean the stem in milk to get a strong buzz from it? I have no idea wether you have to use the arizer 20, 50, 100, 200... times to get the desired result?

Petrosolius,

tepictoton

that's impossible to tell...depends on too many things...My own rule of thumbs is, if it is golden and smells golden then it's time...mostly I do this once a week, preferably on Sunday morning :lol:

tepictoton,
Reactions: vorrange

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker

I use the Gong adapter - to be honest with you - when pulling through water it increases your pull strength so IMO the restricted air flow is totally minimized. The only thing I will say is do NOT get the carbed Gong - that little fucker gets hot! It's a completely useless carb - trust me!

mr_

Maybe you guys might have a better idea than me.

I have 2 water pipes:

12" straight tube with diffused downstem with 14mm bowl. Solo stem fits right in and works great.

7-8" worked bubbler with diffused downstem with a regular bowl, no GonG.

I'm trying to use the Solo's stem somehow with the bubbler as its smaller and easier to carry. Problem is it has a regular bowl for smoking, no GonG so its hard to make it work.

Any idea's how I can mate my Solo's stem to the regular push bowl? I tried a few methods to create a better seal, i.e. piece of latex glove, rubber plug with a hole in the middle, etc.

No matter what I try, it still doesn't work anywhere close to the way the 12" bong does with the GonG bowl does. The bong milks pretty well, where the bubbler doesn't have a good enough seal to suck the vapor out of the Solo into the chamber, if that makes sense.

Any ideas?

I gave up after trying it out for a few days and put the bubbler back in my storage unit, the bong will have to do for now.

tl;dr: how do I make my Solo's stem work with a regular push bowl on my worked bubbler?

mr_,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I would think you best bet would be to put a small length (2-3 cm) of tubing over the end of your stem (7th floor tubing fits over a stem nicely with a bit of effort).
Then just jam that tubing into the bowl, and hope it makes a nice seal.

I cant really think of any better way to try it right now :shrug:

I would think you best bet would be to put a small length (2-3 cm) of tubing over the end of your stem (7th floor tubing fits over a stem nicely with a bit of effort).
Then just jam that tubing into the bowl, and hope it makes a nice seal.

I cant really think of any better way to try it right now :shrug:

+1. The only other idea I can think of is to find some tubing that would stretch over the built in bowl, but I imagine that would be difficult to find.

kingofnull,
I really never use my gong stem anymore. I just do what Fred just said. I use some 7th floor tubing from my da buddha and stretch it over the normal stem and use that to make a seal. I have done this with the bowl as well. So that should work for you.

VapeNStone,

tepictoton

and if this does not work there is always the possibility to get another downstem with a slide...should not be too expansive either...

tepictoton,

mr_

and if this does not work there is always the possibility to get another downstem with a slide...should not be too expansive either...

Can't get another downstem, its a worked bubbler designed for smoking, so it has the regular push bowl.

I'll try the tubing method, definitley can't find something to fit OVER the bowl as that about 2.5", but maybe the tubing will create a better seal than the glass stem.

I know its not ideal but I don't want to spend $100 on another piece if I have 2 water pipes sitting here.

the 12" straight tube is good for at home and the garage, but can be a PITA carrying at time. The small one is 6" tall and with the mouthpiece, its about 8" tall, very easy to carry.

mr_,

freshjiv

OK, I am ready to pull the trigger on a new Solo. What is the best current deal out there for a new one that will ensure that you get the full warranty coverage from Arizer? Is it still Puffitup or is there something cheaper? Thanks!

Also, do I need to pay $30 for a nice carrying case or what do you guys do with transporting the Solo? Thanks! I see puffit up has $160 for the solo alone or $190 for the solo + vapecase.

freshjiv,

Ontariovapes

I'd go the $160 for he Solo and forget the vape case. I got it and prefer the Ryot Pipecase for half they price. Available from several dealers (the case). Puffitup still us best for the Solo and their service is second to none.

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I would also say puffitup is a steller company, so I would go with them as well. I do like the case but I don't have the case that OV is talking about. I am about to go look at it. I wanted a smell proof case so I did purchase it as well so I can travel more easily. I will not be using the solo as a daily portable.

I will be making some posts on the solo later on my thoughts so far.

Dreamerr,
Did ed's stem stretch anybody's retaining ring to hell? My glass stem fits soo loose now it's unreal. I had no idea it was going to do that

Ape With A Vape,

X24

Did ed's stem stretch anybody's retaining ring to hell? My glass stem fits soo loose now it's unreal. I had no idea it was going to do that

My retaining ring is enlarged a bit, but not to the point where it's an issue with stock glass stems.

X24,

hoptimum

they're pretty loose to begin with. I haven't gotten one of Ed's stems yet, though I've thought about it. I don't mind the restricted airflow in the stock stems as it seems to increase the vapor to air ratio. And I really like the flavor from the glass stems. Do the planet tape stems affect the retaining ring too?

hoptimum,
Can't get another downstem, its a worked bubbler designed for smoking, so it has the regular push bowl.

I'll try the tubing method, definitley can't find something to fit OVER the bowl as that about 2.5", but maybe the tubing will create a better seal than the glass stem.

I know its not ideal but I don't want to spend $100 on another piece if I have 2 water pipes sitting here.

the 12" straight tube is good for at home and the garage, but can be a PITA carrying at time. The small one is 6" tall and with the mouthpiece, its about 8" tall, very easy to carry.

Perhaps something a grommet similar to the Supreme Vaporizer can be purchased at the hardware store. (it's the orange rubber piece.)

4standing.jpg

OK, I am ready to pull the trigger on a new Solo. What is the best current deal out there for a new one that will ensure that you get the full warranty coverage from Arizer? Is it still Puffitup or is there something cheaper? Thanks!

Also, do I need to pay $30 for a nice carrying case or what do you guys do with transporting the Solo? Thanks! I see puffit up has $160 for the solo alone or $190 for the solo + vapecase.

I can't speak highly enough about PuffItUp and their customer service. If I ever have to buy another Solo, I'd definitely get it from Randy.

they're pretty loose to begin with. I haven't gotten one of Ed's stems yet, though I've thought about it. I don't mind the restricted airflow in the stock stems as it seems to increase the vapor to air ratio. And I really like the flavor from the glass stems. Do the planet tape stems affect the retaining ring too?
Not in my experience. Some fit tighter and some are looser, but none have affected my retaining ring.

kingofnull,
Reactions: ili
Top Bottom