Arizer Solo

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
or... not use screens at all. i do not use screens in my stock stems and they work just fine and i never get bits in my mouth either

hoptimum

that would work, but I find when I use the stem to vacuum up my herb little bits seem to sneak through. I do grind relatively fine. Also, I sometimes sandwich a little kief in there. More of an issue with filling the stem than using it in the solo, I agree.

hoptimum,

mmenzie

i see... the solo is my one vape where i don't use the "vacuum" method to load it. i grind up my meds to a decent grind (it's not MFLB fine thats for sure) and form a "pile" then i scoop and very lightly pack and i am good to go

mmenzie,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
It turned on long enough to show the battery indicator then back to the blue light so you can turn it to the temp you want. I pressed the up arrow and nothing. When I plugged it in the yellow was on 1.

Edit: I am still not using a screen and am happy with it this way for now. I don't have to use the suck method but at least I know why it didn't work. I just scoop up the herb.

Jam I will try not to pull as hard and see what happens. I have a bashing headache today so I will not now the difference. I have lived with bad headaches all my life. As a kid I took bottles of baby aspirin. It is something I am used to but hate when they get to bad that I can't see straight. Oh and yes I will get one of the pves lmnop stems to try for bad headache days. I have list for planet vape on my wish list. I have included the tube to hold the stem. My only concern is it can still break the tube and the glass in a pocket sitting.

Edit way later: Can someone point me to a video of the draw speed. I need to see it. Also if you know a good section in this thread that has a big discussion on it point me that way as well. I did try to search but I suck at it.

Another question came up, from what I read you can over tax your battery so does that mean once the red light starts flashing you have to stop the draw? I hope not. I have more questions but I think if I can watch the draw video and find it in this thread it will answer some.

This is my first vape that has a learning curve to me. I have the MFLB which is suppose to have a huge one but I suppose I was just lucky it worked for me. I am sure I don't know any of the tips and tricks, I just inhale and not really really slow either. I dunno:shrug:

Dreamerr,

poonman

I definitely do get 2 to 2 1/2 hours of portable battery life ...straight usage on weekends .
I have the M107 from Puffitup .
I usually have it on 5 to 6 temp level , never on 7 .

Lifting the stem slightly.... before or at the end of the inhale .
It's because you're lifting the edge rim off the 4 holes for better airflow . imo
I'll have to try less finer screens , to see if that will improve the airflow for me .
and those turbo PVHES stems , which I believe has those mild grooves/bumps at the bottom .

Hey Dreamerr ,
Sorry to hear about your headaches .
But , have you tried using a bag vape , for fast inhales .
To see if it is the slow draw that is causing your headaches ...using the same strain .
Can you un-retire your volcano clone ? or have access to an EQ ?
Just a thought .

poonman,

Dreamerr

I really think my headache is mostly allergies since it was bad the last few mornings before vaping and pre-solo.

I can draw slow just not that real slow makes me nuttier. I can do the sip which I just did but am still not doing something right. I will overcome whether I end up liking the vaporizer or not. I will master it.

I can un-retire my clone volcano but it is a real pain in the ass(pita). I have my INH but still must strive for perfection with the solo.

Oh I change strains every time I load whatever vaporizer I am using. So if five loads five strains. If ten loads ten strains lmfao.

The battery I think at best is an hour including warmup. I will time it tomorrow I already forgot today. I haven't even timed warm up yet but I know it is long enough to annoy me.

Dreamerr,

X24

How I long to have 10 strains on hand at once :drool:

Most I get is around 3, and that's only from saving prime nugs. Speaking of which, I think ima bust out some of my finest for a mid-week break. It's solo-time! :cool:

mmenzie

How I long to have 10 strains on hand at once :drool:

Most I get is around 3, and that's only from saving prime nugs. Speaking of which, I think ima bust out some of my finest for a mid-week break. It's solo-time! :cool:

i'm jealous of both of you... my only choice is what my dealer has on hand and it's usually just a choice between good seedless or crappy seeded schwag

mmenzie,

wonderfox

I tend to hoard and whenever I'm offered something good I get it so that there's always variety. As Dreamerr mentioned earlier in the thread, us women are prone to changing our minds!

X24

I tend to hoard and whenever I'm offered something good I get it so that there's always variety. As Dreamerr mentioned earlier in the thread, us women are prone to changing our minds!

I'm similar, and I'm distinctly male. Then again, I was also a bit more like my mother personality-wise :lol:

I only get 1 option at a time, and I make sure to JUMP on it when it's quality. Fortunately, I should have some very good quality starting in the next couple of weeks. I do enjoy when growers take pride in their hobby :)

X24,

wonderfox

Yeah I get one option at a time, sometimes 2. But I get through my stash so slowly, and always make sure to keep aside the best of the best for as long as I can. And to get back on topic.. I like how much the solo brings out the flavour of different strains. I've always found vaping to have have optimal flavour compared to smoking (I tried a bit of a friend's joint the other week.. eugh.. it was disgusting), but the solo seems to give me the best taste out of my portable vapes due to the option of low temps. I want to do some kind of blindfold taste test one day and see how many I get right

wonderfox,

Dreamerr

LOL wonderfox...make sure you include the INH in the taste test cause the test in that is good too. Having many strains helps tolerance so you don't normally need a tolerance break. I buy when stuff is around and buy a quarter of each strain. So most times I get I get four kinds, hence why I have so many. Some just a little left some more. I like the lavender a lot through both the solo and the INH nice taste.

I watched so bad youtube videos on the solo and still can't learn how people draw. If you have a method please tell me or make a vid or point me in the right direction in this very long thread. I read about a hundred pages but you know most are a waste especially the beginning while waiting for the product.

How do you find the draw through the bent and straight stem? I find the bent to be less restricted but that makes no sense. It wouldn't surprise me if it is just me. I also get better clouds, not that I care, from the bent. From both stems it takes about three hits to get any meds not vape. I will add this to the warm up time since I can't use it yet. I find after it heats to 4 or 5 then it takes a while for the red light to go out. I then draw slooooow to heat herb sometimes I do that sip stuff to warm it. Still three draws and min to get vape but even if no vape the third or forth draw to get meds.

Enlighten me peeps.

Head still hurts today and asked my caregiver and she said headaches bad this week and the news said as well. I just think the restricted draw doesn't help and neither do my headache pills ugh.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: walrus

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
LOL wonderfox...make sure you include the INH in the taste test cause the test in that is good too. Having many strains helps tolerance so you don't normally need a tolerance break. I buy when stuff is around and buy a quarter of each strain. So most times I get I get four kinds, hence why I have so many. Some just a little left some more. I like the lavender a lot through both the solo and the INH nice taste.

I watched so bad youtube videos on the solo and still can't learn how people draw. If you have a method please tell me or make a vid or point me in the right direction in this very long thread. I read about a hundred pages but you know most are a waste especially the beginning while waiting for the product.

How do you find the draw through the bent and straight stem? I find the bent to be less restricted but that makes no sense. It wouldn't surprise me if it is just me. I also get better clouds, not that I care, from the bent. From both stems it takes about three hits to get any meds not vape. I will add this to the warm up time since I can't use it yet. I find after it heats to 4 or 5 then it takes a while for the red light to go out. I then draw slooooow to heat herb sometimes I do that sip stuff to warm it. Still three draws and min to get vape but even if no vape the third or forth draw to get meds.

Enlighten me peeps.

Head still hurts today and asked my caregiver and she said headaches bad this week and the news said as well. I just think the restricted draw doesn't help and neither do my headache pills ugh.

Hey Dreamerr - I have noticed when I vape for head aches or pain I go with lower temps and I get better results. I start my session on 3 for about 6 or 8 hits then slowly start working my way up on the temp. I usually end up at around 6 when finishing and it really maximizes my extraction. My ABV comes out chocolaty brown but not burnt. Now - on the other hand - when I'm vaping to get f*cked up I usually dont grab the solo and head for my UD or Buddha but when I do use the solo I start at 5 and work my way to 7.

mvapes,

Dreamerr

I was starting at 3 the first day but realized that was to low. Now I start at 4 and work my way up. The solo is hard because the vape is cool so it is easy to go higher. I am using this vape very differently then the others.

Dreamerr,

hoptimum

I was starting at 3 the first day but realized that was to low. Now I start at 4 and work my way up. The solo is hard because the vape is cool so it is easy to go higher. I am using this vape very differently then the others.
I start low, at 3, and let the stem heat up on the Solo for maybe a minute, then take insanely slow sips. This brings the abv to a light brown. I then go up incrementally, generally finishing at 5 and the abv is chocolate but not burnt

hoptimum,

Dreamerr

hmmmmmmmmm insanely slow draw speed. I am not sure I can do that. I can do slow but what I consider slow is sipping soda threw a straw. I know that is not slow for the pax or even the MFLB(although I still do what I call slow). I can take short sips if you think that helps. My head is bashing so hard today, I am not even sure I can vape today. I took an infused pill instead. I hope that is enough.

Dreamerr,

mmenzie

i fill the stem with meds and place it in the solo before i even turn it on. i then turn it on and set my starting temp at 4. i will vape the entire 12 minute session at 4 until the auto shut off turns it off. i then turn it back on and raise the temp to 5 or 6. i then hit it for another 6 or 7 minutes on that level and then i am done. my ABV is usually a dark brown.

now if i am using my bubbler with the soloi start on 6 and end on 7

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I use the solo at 4 when dry, and I found that if you insert the stem, the lift it back up just about a millimeter or so, just a little, so it is not making contact with the oven floor, it helps the draw a bit, lets air move a little easier into the stem. I just got used to doing that movement with the stem after using it a bunch of times. You get a feel for it, once you notice the difference in vapor. Also I let my stem heat up in the solo when I turn it on and load it. I don't worry about losses, as I am pretty quick to start hitting it once it reaches temp.

:lol:mmenzie, looks like we are on the same page. I also go right to 7 if using water.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: mmenzie

Dreamerr

Thanks, I did lift the stem last night as well and left it up which helped a bit. I do find with the solo that the taste never gets bad which is a nice change.

Edit: Ok I was bored and tried the potpourri bowl. I ran it twice on 7 and nothing. Has anybody tried it and gotten success or was it thrown in as a joke. It came with the free wild flowers so I had nothing to lose.

I got my solo today from Puffitup. It's a M1A model. I really like it. The draw is actually less restricted than I was expecting after reading this thread. I like it more than my INH, but mine has have me nothing but problems since I've got it. I have one of Ed's stems on the way which I am pretty exited about.

Ape With A Vape,

Dreamerr

Wow ape, I can't believe you like the solo better but you did have issues with the INH lucky you NOT. My sinuses are so clogged it is hard to breath so with the restriction it is hard for me to evaluate it. I did edit my post above to say wtf about the dumb potpourri bowl which does nothing. They may as well have given another extra stem...maybe even a pvhes lmnop
(yes when I don't know what something is I call it l m n o p ).

Solo is the most efficient on herb usage IMHO which is great if you are running low.

Dreamerr,

Enlighten me peeps.

Are you allowing the herb to "heat up" with the solo or are you just putting it in when it gets to temp? Oh and there is no explanation to the method of draw? I just tell people to suck and make sure not to life up on the stem

Thanks, I did lift the stem last night as well and left it up which helped a bit. I do find with the solo that the taste never gets bad which is a nice change.

Edit: Ok I was bored and tried the potpourri bowl. I ran it twice on 7 and nothing. Has anybody tried it and gotten success or was it thrown in as a joke. It came with the free wild flowers so I had nothing to lose.

The potpourri bowl is just so they can say its an aroma therapy device. It doesn't work at all and I don't think it ever will

VapeNStone,
Top Bottom