Arizer Solo

vaplexus

In purple!!

P8299922.JPG

Ontariovapes

Congratulations beta testers! :)

Anybody here need a good case for the solo? I just picked up a Vatra Matrix for $13. Holds the Solo in the main compartment along with a stem from Ed'sTNT, a grinder in the bottom and has an outside pouch to throw a couple of other random knickknacks like eyedrops and chapstick or something.

Also, I picked up a cheapie glass water pipe. Smooth, smooth, smooth, smooth. Just like taking a breath, and then it hits you 5 minutes later. Should be a nice treat from time to time.

I use the Ryot pipe case. It has a padded inside space with Velcro holdown that holds the Solo, a .hideahoot, and the charger there are two outside pockets, one fore my Eds stems snd one is a smell proof one for consumables or ABV. It is about six x three by two and nicely made. About twenty bux if I remember correctly. I find large, heavy, stiff cases defeats the purpose of having a portable.

Ontariovapes,

beach bum

Good morning all! Posted last week about trying our new Solo with a bunch of friends (all combusters). Well, some of them liked the Solo so much they ended up ordering their own! Looks like a possible conversion from combustion to vapor. :) The most frequent comments were taste, lack of combustion smell, and ease of use/portability.

Will be good for us too - as next time we're hanging, there should be 2 Solos being passed around the room! :ko:

thesoloman

Cool , thanx .
Yeah I figure the unscrewing/removing part was the easy step .
It was the re-assembling step that worried me , yes the innerds as you say .
I didn't want to F up my Solo afterwards .
But I feel more confident now , it was recommended to keep it clean that way .

Once you removed the battery ;
What and how did you clean it ? Beneath the cooking chamber ?

TIA
poonman i used a can of compressed air to clean EVERYTHINGs, and blow away the AVB

On a different note, i recently purchased a Goalzero 7 portable solar panel, ( i was walking thru Costco and a display caught my eye, anyways after 5 mins and the salesman literally throwing the pannel around the store to show its durability, i left costco with my new toy lol. and have a year to return it.) it has 12v cigarette lighter output which, in theory anyway, should allow me to charge my solo as long as i have a car charger, ill let you all know how it goes once i get my hands on a car charger... Here's a link to the solar panel http://www.goalzero.com/shop/p/11/Nomad-7-Solar-Panel/3:4/

thesoloman,
Reactions: poonman

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
^Try to use canned air without a bittering agent added, as that can leave some nasty stuff on your vapes, that I'm sure you don't want to inhale.

aesthyrian,
Reactions: poonman

vaplexus

Solo base beta testers: i have the final prototype done. i decided to go with a more substantial print quality which uses more plastic but results in a higher quality product. i will print out the 4 beta test bases and get them out to you this week. i will PM you when I have shipped them.

vaplexus,

X24

I'm loving the taste with low temperature (3), a glass stem and some extremely nice cannabis (Mango Haze I'm told).

Also, I'm simply blown away by the evenness of browning. Comes out pretty much a solid color every time.

Zipsort

I'm loving the taste with low temperature (3), a glass stem and some extremely nice cannabis (Mango Haze I'm told).

Also, I'm simply blown away by the evenness of browning. Comes out pretty much a solid color every time.

Yeah I am starting to get some pretty decent clouds when I set around 4 right now.

Agreed on the evenness on the browning.

Especially since I cant really stir the stem ever. The weed just falls out if you try to stir it at all

Zipsort,

X24

Yeah I am starting to get some pretty decent clouds when I set around 4 right now.

Agreed on the evenness on the browning.

Especially since I cant really stir the stem ever. The weed just falls out if you try to stir it at all

While I am a chronic stirrer with my DBV, I just let it be with the Solo. The oven-effect conduction in addition to the convection just does an excellent job. I've left it alone by accident and expected burnt herb in the bottom, but nope.

X24,

dison

Old Red Eye
I have always used a two screen system in my stems for the Solo. Does anyone else do this, or is it better not to use screens? I'm just curious. I love the Solo's performance as I have used it daily for the last three weeks.

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
I have always used a two screen system in my stems for the Solo. Does anyone else do this, or is it better not to use screens? I'm just curious. I love the Solo's performance as I have used it daily for the last three weeks.

i don't use screens but thats just me. i have seen others say they use them. i don't and don't really see a need for them. i don't get material in my mouth when i hit it so thats not an issue with me.

mmenzie,

vaplexus

I use two screens, one in the bowl and one on top of the herb. i use copper screens that i cut myself from fine mesh copper. i prefer using screens as they hold the herb in place, prevent herb from going up the stem and into the bowl and keep the herb compressed. i do compress it in using a tamper i designed and printed on my 3D printer. i can fit about 0.2g in the bowl this way.

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
I too use a screen (one) with my phes tube... but I change out the course ones that came with and use a vaporizer fine mesh stainless steel.

Only reasons I use screens is
a) I can't slow direct lung hit (I puff at it), and
b) I top & bottom screen a load when doing a sandwich of kief or concentrate

The only thing in my tube is resin ;)

smokum,

dison

Old Red Eye
"i don't use screens but thats just me. i have seen others say they use them. i don't and don't really see a need for them. i don't get material in my mouth when i hit it so thats not an issue with me."

Thanks. I'll try the no screen method because I'm curious. I was more concerned about getting the heating chamber gummed up, etc.

dison,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I like to keep things as clean as possible, so I use screens on both ends of the load. I also don't like the taste of over cooked herb bits that would fall into the oven if I didn't use a screen on top. Everyone finds what works for them.

Zipsort

I like to keep things as clean as possible, so I use screens on both ends of the load. I also don't like the taste of over cooked herb bits that would fall into the oven if I didn't use a screen on top. Everyone finds what works for them.

What do you prefer out of your inhalater/pax/solo? I see you post in this thread alot so just curious on your opinions (new soloer, learned about inhalater after solo)

Zipsort,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
It's a mixed bag for which I prefer. Usually depends on the situation. If I can use glass, I would go for the Solo or INH. For dry vapor I find the Pax is a bit easier for me to use, and it's the most pocket friendly. This is all subject to change though. :lol:

jambandphan03,

Zipsort

It's a mixed bag for which I prefer. Usually depends on the situation. If I can use glass, I would go for the Solo or INH. For dry vapor I find the Pax is a bit easier for me to use, and it's the most pocket friendly. This is all subject to change though. :lol:

Do you get more vapor production from the inhalater? The videos make it look like it rips huge clouds way faster.

Zipsort,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
If I may; I'd like to interject?

I'm pretty much an exclusive vapor-bonger when I am at home and with both units I spend alot of time comparing them. I find that the inhalater produces a larger volume of vapor quicker, but that it looses it's thermal mass significantly faster than the arizer. Even though the first few seconds of the hit may not be as big, I find the solo get's me much bigger plumes of vapor.

The solo is what I end up using at home for that reason. Don't let that sound like I don't like the INH though. It kicks the solo to the curb for portability. I love it.

Anyways you should come down to our happy little inhalater thread; we can take care of any questions or concerns you have with it.

vaplexus

One thing to remember: any vapour that you exhale has not been absorbed by your lungs. i know there is a desire for big clouds, but big clouds means wasted vapour. i think it's tied to this human penchant to put more emphasis on things we can see. anyway, think about it: you don't really want to see big clouds. i was on the verge of buying a Vapexhale Cloud but then I saw the huge clouds of vape people were wasting on the premise that this somehow a good thing. its a waste.

But do tell me, how are big clouds a good thing? one thing the MFLB does well is NOT produce big clouds and allow you to get just enough vape in your lungs such that you don't waste any. I find the solo pretty good at this too.

vaplexus,
Reactions: smokum

Zipsort

If I may; I'd like to interject?

I'm pretty much an exclusive vapor-bonger when I am at home and with both units I spend alot of time comparing them. I find that the inhalater produces a larger volume of vapor quicker, but that it looses it's thermal mass significantly faster than the arizer. Even though the first few seconds of the hit may not be as big, I find the solo get's me much bigger plumes of vapor.

The solo is what I end up using at home for that reason. Don't let that sound like I don't like the INH though. It kicks the solo to the curb for portability. I love it.

Anyways you should come down to our happy little inhalater thread; we can take care of any questions or concerns you have with it.

Okay, that was a pretty damn good explanation. Thanks.

One question after that though, how is the inhalater more portable than the solo? Looks like its bigger than the solo, and has more stuff (vials)

One thing to remember: any vapour that you exhale has not been absorbed by your lungs. i know there is a desire for big clouds, but big clouds means wasted vapour. i think it's tied to this human penchant to put more emphasis on things we can see. anyway, think about it: you don't really want to see big clouds. i was on the verge of buying a Vapexhale Cloud but then I saw the huge clouds of vape people were wasting on the premise that this somehow a good thing. its a waste.

But do tell me, how are big clouds a good thing? one thing the MFLB does well is NOT produce big clouds and allow you to get just enough vape in your lungs such that you don't waste any. I find the solo pretty good at this too.

Well.. I see your logic in this.

But I dont know. As a long time desktop vape-bonger and new solo user, I still notice, the bigger the cloud I blow out the bigger the hit I got.. Whether some escaped or not, still the bigger the cloud the bigger the hit I had in my chest, and the higher I feel.

Everyone knows that chest feeling.. feels really good but almost like you are out of breath.

Huge vape rips literally take my breath away.

I just simply dont seem to get as high off rips that produce no visible cloud.

Zipsort,

vaplexus

But I dont know. As a long time desktop vape-bonger and new solo user, I still notice, the bigger the cloud I blow out the bigger the hit I got.. Whether some escaped or not, still the bigger the cloud the bigger the hit I had in my chest, and the higher I feel.

Everyone knows that chest feeling.. feels really good but almost like you are out of breath.

Huge vape rips literally take my breath away.

I just simply dont seem to get as high off rips that produce no visible cloud.

It could all be in your head (literally) ;) I have yet to hear someone explain why exhaling a larger cloud means more active substances in your lungs. once your lungs have reached their ability to absorb, the rest is wasted. but, if someone can provide a reasonable explanation of how larger exhaled clouds mean more absorption, lets discuss. so far I think its just subjective fancy (and a good excuse to buy vaporizers ;) - we all want a good reason to get that next better vape, right? larger clouds is a good excuse as any.)

vaplexus,

Zipsort

It could all be in your head (literally) ;) I have yet to hear someone explain why exhaling a larger cloud means more active substances in your lungs. once your lungs have reached their ability to absorb, the rest is wasted. but, if someone can provide a reasonable explanation of how larger exhaled clouds mean more absorption, lets discuss. so far I think its just subjective fancy (and a good excuse to buy vaporizers ;) - we all want a good reason to get that next better vape, right? larger clouds is a good excuse as any.)

I dont really have any explanation for my reasoning

But it still doesnt explain the fact that when I get a giant rip, and I am literally incapacitated from it in my chair, I still blow out a huge cloud after.

When I blow out no clouds, my lungs dont feel like they just got done running a vape marathon.

Zipsort,
Top Bottom