Arizer Solo

vaplexus

I dont really have any explanation for my reasoning

But it still doesnt explain the fact that when I get a giant rip, and I am literally incapacitated from it in my chair, I still blow out a huge cloud after.

When I blow out no clouds, my lungs dont feel like they just got done running a vape marathon.

I think the key is to get enough vape in your lungs that you can saturate your lungs to the point where they can't absorb any more vape. assuming this to be the mechanism, exhaling some cloud would be good because it means you are hitting that point. but anything after that is wasted vapour from the herb. perhaps with vapes that produce large clouds there is perhaps more active ingredients getting into the vape? or maybe the temps are higher or something. however, i still maintain that exhaled vape is wasted vape and personally, i don't want to waste my vape.

I am reading some articles on lung absorption of molecules. i wonder if the "large cloud vapes" out there are inadvertently changing the nature of the active molecules such that they get absorbed better by the lungs. i think more research needs to be done on this. a vape that can get more active molecules into your blood stream while reducing wasted vape from exhalation would be ideal. vapes such as the Cloud IMHO are perhaps more efficient at this absorption thing but result in wasted vape. maybe its a temperature thing? also maybe the active molecules are more efficiently absorbed when they are hydated. it stands to reason that if some H2O molecules bond to the active molecules that perhaps they can be absorbed better by the lungs. this would explain why a vape such as The Cloud is "better" despite the extreme waste of vapour?

I find with the Solo that hydrating the vape does seem to not only produce larger clouds but also is more effective.

I would put out there though, be careful of falling for "larger clouds are a good thing" because all that exhaled vape is wasted. more research is needed around absorption efficiency.

Zipsort

I think the key is to get enough vape in your lungs that you can saturate your lungs to the point where they can't absorb any more vape. assuming this to be the mechanism, exhaling some cloud would be good because it means you are hitting that point. but anything after that is wasted vapour from the herb. perhaps with vapes that produce large clouds there is perhaps more active ingredients getting into the vape? or maybe the temps are higher or something. however, i still maintain that exhaled vape is wasted vape and personally, i don't want to waste my vape.

Maybe the visible cloud is just moisture that you cant/dont need to absorb and everything you do need is already been absorbed?

Zipsort,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
To be honest, I hold my hits in for about 5 seconds. I've experimented with holding it in for longer but I didn't feel any more significantly higher except for the oxygen deprivation. I think that a majority of the vapor we pull from the plant is water vapor and other chemicals other than THC which provide the large plumes, while the THC vapor is absorbed rather quickly. I get extremely high off of only a few big hits held in for 5 - 8 seconds.

I don't have any science to back this up though. It may be in the head but damn, that's some good placebo.

CentiZen,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs

I hold my clouds hits in till there is almost nothing left. Often times I can exhale nothing. Lots of the videos you see online people are intentionally blowing out the vapor cloud so people can see what the device produces. For others it is about a lack of education/belief that holding in vapor is okay.

I also read a study... I lost it so I hate to even bring it up since I cant quote it. It mentioned that with a denser vapor cloud it is absorb more easily into your lungs. Allowing for more efficient transfer of the actives into you. If anyone knows the study/article please PM it to me. I have been looking for it for awhile now.

Slightly Medicated,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
But do tell me, how are big clouds a good thing? one thing the MFLB does well is NOT produce big clouds and allow you to get just enough vape in your lungs such that you don't waste any. I find the solo pretty good at this too.

One thing the MFLB does not do well for me... is get me high. The small hits combined with any level of tolerance means I'm getting nowhere fast. I agree that huge clouds on an exhale is a waste, but I find that some cloud is needed for a big hit that hits fast and hard.

But really, wasted vapor? It's already the most efficient way to consume marijuana. At a point you have to just be happy that your are already not wasting nearly as much as most people.

aesthyrian,

vaplexus

Check out this article. scroll down to the section SMALL MOLECULE DRUG ABSORPTION and HYDROPHOBIC VERSUS HYDROPHILIC SMALL MOLECULES. this is some indication that perhaps hydrated molecules are more effectively absorbed. although certain active molecules in our particular application are only somewhat water soluble. however it might be enough to make a positive difference.

I am not sure that what we exhale is just the water vapour only because how much water is there going to be? herb is typically pretty dry or somewhat dry.

Like I said, more research specifically into lung absorption. I don't buy the "big clouds is better" thing. there is more too it than that and I don't want to waste my herb.

Maybe some moisture content in the herb is good because it helps with absorption? either keeping the herb hydated using a controlled mechanism and/or using a hydrator in the vape stream? we all know this seems to work better than completely dry herb.

I think the Solo and MFLB get us part of the way there (to optimal) but I think vapes that produce big clouds are perhaps not the most efficient vapourizors. I'd like to see a company do some research into this and produce a product that is designed to get more of the vape into our pulmonary system instead of in the atmosphere.

vaplexus,

poonman

Check out this article. scroll down to the section SMALL MOLECULE DRUG ABSORPTION and HYDROPHOBIC VERSUS HYDROPHILIC SMALL MOLECULES. this is some indication that perhaps hydrated molecules are more effectively absorbed. although certain active molecules in our particular application are only somewhat water soluble. however it might be enough to make a positive difference.

I am not sure that what we exhale is just the water vapour only because how much water is there going to be? herb is typically pretty dry or somewhat dry.

Like I said, more research specifically into lung absorption. I don't buy the "big clouds is better" thing. there is more too it than that and I don't want to waste my herb.

Maybe some moisture content in the herb is good because it helps with absorption? either keeping the herb hydated using a controlled mechanism and/or using a hydrator in the vape stream? we all know this seems to work better than completely dry herb.

I think the Solo and MFLB get us part of the way there (to optimal) but I think vapes that produce big clouds are perhaps not the most efficient vapourizors. I'd like to see a company do some research into this and produce a product that is designed to get more of the vape into our pulmonary system instead of in the atmosphere.

Hey vaplexus ,
First off , thank you .
I will be waiting anxiously for my prize toy .
and
Have you ever tried the Iolite ?
That unit produces little vapor , but I found that the 2nd and 3rd sessions produced more ,
maybe because the unit is well heated by then . I don't own one , but for some reason ,
I find myself borrowing a hit or 2 from my friend's Iolite , every time I see him .
I would put up with the butane part ...if there were a temp. control for it .

poonman,

rayski

I hold my clouds hits in till there is almost nothing left. Often times I can exhale nothing. Lots of the videos you see online people are intentionally blowing out the vapor cloud so people can see what the device produces. For others it is about a lack of education/belief that holding in vapor is okay.

I also read a study... I lost it so I hate to even bring it up since I cant quote it. It mentioned that with a denser vapor cloud it is absorb more easily into your lungs. Allowing for more efficient transfer of the actives into you. If anyone knows the study/article please PM it to me. I have been looking for it for awhile now.
It makes sense to me that thicker clouds, while indicative of wasted actives, means that more actives were available when inside the lung to be absorbed. I don't think there's a quickly met limit to what actives can be absorbed. What good would kief be?

rayski,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
OK, so I finally got around to editing this video I shot ages ago...
Here's the Solo with a EFS Gridded Donut :D

I had the water way too high in the vid, I normally use about 3/4 of that (imagine a line halfway between the top of the perc, and the water level in the vid, that's my normal level...)

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Great job mate...wish I had this much clouds ... ;)
Just wondering how much is packed in the video fred?​

m0sh,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I have a plastic container that I keep my pre-grind in.
I sorta scoop a stem in horizontally, then press it to the bottom of the container, and the stem stays firmly packed.
So it's a full stem, moderately packed.

Frederick McGuire,

Sonics420

i just won a arizer solo[silver] for 120$ on ebay, its new and comes with charger and 1 stem..

deal?

Sonics420,

Sonics420

:shrug: I just bought a brand new Solo for $130 from PuffItUp. Charger, three stems, a grinder and some stash containers.
wow really. im bout to go check it out..
i see it for 160, what did u do to get it for 130? id just buy it off there if thats the case.

Sonics420,
I believe the $130 was a deal that is no longer. I believe the deal now is $160. So stick with your ebay buy

VapeNStone,
It was $160, I'm sorry. Not sure why I was thinking $130. I guess $120 is a good deal, but tbh I don't know where Arizer is at with their warranty coverage for Ebay units these days.

kingofnull,

Sonics420

yeah those other 2 stems that come with the arizer.. are they really needed??
im just using it for herbs only.. and im guessing you cant use concentrates/oils in the other stems?

Sonics420,
yeah those other 2 stems that come with the arizer.. are they really needed??
im just using it for herbs only.. and im guessing you cant use concentrates/oils in the other stems?

No they aren't necessary, but it's nice having a few extra stems around. Definitely get the GONG stem from Planet Vape - it's really amazing.

kingofnull,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
vapelexus...how much do you think it costs ('ink' only) to produce one of those stands? I just read up on the technology and it is truly amazing!

On the subject of absorption, I have always believed that the bigger hits get you higher because you are absorbing more thc, even if some escapes on your exhale. I can get just as high on a mflb as any other vape I have, it just takes longer to get that much thc into my system. Other vapes, like the Cloud, get me there in just a few hits. I think it is going through the same amount of weed, just quicker. I also don't think everything you see on exhale is thc. I have no proof, but I think a good amount of it is just water vapor. My only evidence is one time when I decided to exhale my hits into a bag and rehit them...there just wasn't much punch left.

stickstones,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Personally I feel its a whole diff cannabinoid profile when hit at higher temps. This is why I prefer to vape at heat setting #2 days/early eves for flavor, taste and more of an uplift (strain related of course), then I dump the load and save it for later in the eve or before bed when I'll select heat setting #5 until it stops producing.

Beyond 'my' final session of #5, which leaves my goods a very med coloured tan, I don't bother hitting any further as I don't enjoy it at that point myself.

smokum,
Personally I feel its a whole diff cannabinoid profile when hit at higher temps. This is why I prefer to vape at heat setting #2 days/early eves for flavor, taste and more of an uplift (strain related of course), then I dump the load and save it for later in the eve or before bed when I'll select heat setting #5 until it stops producing.

Beyond 'my' final session of #5, which leaves my goods a very med coloured tan, I don't bother hitting any further as I don't enjoy it at that point myself.

I agree the effects are very different when you vape at higher temperatures. Moving from an MFLB to an EQ made me realize how much I miss those higher temp cannabinoids. Though I noticed nothing was lost in translation to the Solo - I still easily get as high as I did when using my EQ through a waterpipe as my Solo.

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I agree the effects are very different when you vape at higher temperatures. Moving from an MFLB to an EQ made me realize how much I miss those higher temp cannabinoids. Though I noticed nothing was lost in translation to the Solo - I still easily get as high as I did when using my EQ through a waterpipe as my Solo.

Exactly. I thrive on the higher temps. I always feel lacking when I go for low temp. My natural tendency is to turn a device up to max. I turn the Solo on 7 almost exclusively. I find I like to skirt that line between combustion and vaporization. I want to extract as much of the actives from the plant as possible.

I actually do not like the high I get from low temp vaporizing. It tends to aggravate my OCD more and gives me jittery energy that I don't appreciate.

Zipsort

Exactly. I thrive on the higher temps. I always feel lacking when I go for low temp. My natural tendency is to turn a device up to max. I turn the Solo on 7 almost exclusively. I find I like to skirt that line between combustion and vaporization. I want to extract as much of the actives from the plant as possible.

Same for me, usually. Although I usually set my solo to 5.

With my DBV/SSV/all desktop vapes I used, I just max the temp out and rip it really hard. I feel that is the best way. I get huge vapor rips, and it never burns, and browns the bowl real nice.

It goes really fast though

Yep I'm the same. Vape-bonging under 6 on a Solo really does nothing for me.

I hate the logic that some folks here seem to adhere to - that higher temp = closer to combustion = inherently bad for you.

Even with the Extreme Q, I tend to start out around 400 F and I'll go up to 440 even 450 F to extract the full amount. Again, this is all filtered through water.

It's about harm reduction for me. If it's less harmful than combustion, then it has to be good :).

Top Bottom