Arizer Solo

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Furthers the belief that everyone is different in their needs and satisfaction levels (it IS after all about individual body chemistry).

I meant to mention in my previous post that although a visual vapor seems to give me more satisfaction to my senses (psychological ?), the actual effective substance does it's thing regardless of it.

smokum,
Reactions: mvapes

X24

A low temp guy here. 3-4, perhaps a finish toke or two at 5, depending on how I'm feeling.

I have to say, a good cup of coffee and a sativa dominate strain at the 3-4 temperature setting is just perfection to me.

X24,
Personally I feel its a whole diff cannabinoid profile when hit at higher temps. This is why I prefer to vape at heat setting #2 days/early eves for flavor, taste and more of an uplift (strain related of course), then I dump the load and save it for later in the eve or before bed when I'll select heat setting #5 until it stops producing.

Beyond 'my' final session of #5, which leaves my goods a very med coloured tan, I don't bother hitting any further as I don't enjoy it at that point myself.
do you use the two screen method?

VapeNStone,

smokum

do you use the two screen method?

I use only one fine vape screen in the bottom of the tube to prevent particulate from reaching my mouth (I puff vape, not direct lung hits).

The only time I use two screens it if I sandwich some kief or oil between herb to avoid a mess.

smokum,

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
With my DBV/SSV/all desktop vapes I used, I just max the temp out and rip it really hard. I feel that is the best way. I get huge vapor rips, and it never burns, and browns the bowl real nice.

It goes really fast though

i have a DBV and anytime i go to the MAX i combust and it tastes like s#!t!!! so how do you not combust??

mmenzie,

LeithaL

So, there is no fix to my solo and i'm going to ship it to the Arizer company. I've emailed them and they eventually tell me that i have to pay them $30 for express shipping, which will come within 3-5 days after i mail it to them... This combined with the fact that they don't have a working phone number really makes me question their business practices..... I get the newest vape, and it breaks within 2 months, and now i'm charged $30 for shipping for their faulty unit??? Is this a joke?

LeithaL,

smokum

Shame about your experience LeithaL :(

Hopefully things get ironed out and you can enjoy your toy.

smokum,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
So, there is no fix to my solo and i'm going to ship it to the Arizer company. I've emailed them and they eventually tell me that i have to pay them $30 for express shipping, which will come within 3-5 days after i mail it to them... This combined with the fact that they don't have a working phone number really makes me question their business practices..... I get the newest vape, and it breaks within 2 months, and now i'm charged $30 for shipping for their faulty unit??? Is this a joke?

My every experience with Arizer has been stand up, so I'm surprised the few times I read sentiment like that here. Your version of the story certainly doesn't seem fair and, if it's accurate, I would expect they will make it right.

stickstones,

LeithaL

My every experience with Arizer has been stand up, so I'm surprised the few times I read sentiment like that here. Your version of the story certainly doesn't seem fair and, if it's accurate, I would expect they will make it right.
Is it customary for you having to pay $30 for shipping? I've never, ever had to do that for any other product where there was a warranty... Heck from my experience you don't even have to pay the shipping price!

LeithaL,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Not in my experience, either. I would call them if I were you. Like I said before, if what you say is accurate, then I would expect them to make it right.

stickstones,
i have a DBV and anytime i go to the MAX i combust and it tastes like s#!t!!! so how do you not combust??
you probably don't hit it hard enough. If you turn it up to max you need to hit the shit out of it otherwise it won't cool it down enough. IMHO the reason I do this is to get the same hits I would at noon but you just get them faster.

VapeNStone,

mr_

The best way to get a warranty on your Solo is going through the place you bought it.

For example, I bought mine from Puffitup. So if something went wrong, I would mail it through regular mail ($5-8) to Puffitup in California. Randy has told me they basically just verify you're in their system and that it doesn't work, and then they send a new one out the same day.

Takes about 3 days each way through snail mail from CA to IL, and vice versa. So 1 week downtime and less than $8 and I would have a new warranty Solo if something happened.

Who did you buy your Solo from?

mr_,
Reactions: Kief

mr_

For temps BTW I like 5. Turn it on, turn it to 5 and leave it there. Its a good compromise.

If I'm running it through a bong, usually 6, sometimes 7.

mr_,

Zipsort

you probably don't hit it hard enough. If you turn it up to max you need to hit the shit out of it otherwise it won't cool it down enough. IMHO the reason I do this is to get the same hits I would at noon but you just get them faster.

Yup, I hit it extremely hard. Literally once the bowl is roaring, if you stop hitting it, it will ignite.

Its funny. When vaping with friends, anytime I turn my head and look away while someone is ripping it, it burns.

I have to watch and coach them "ok keep going keep going keep going OK BLAST IT" haha

Yup, I hit it extremely hard. Literally once the bowl is roaring, if you stop hitting it, it will ignite.

Its funny. When vaping with friends, anytime I turn my head and look away while someone is ripping it, it burns.

I have to watch and coach them "ok keep going keep going keep going OK BLAST IT" haha
lets keep on topic

VapeNStone,

natural farmer

Today I am changing my stem loading habit and I am going from screened stem/loose load to no screen/pressed load! :D After a lot of happy hours experimenting :science: , I have found the no screen/pressed load scenario to give me more vapor, less particles in the vapor path and mouth and even less hassle cleaning the stem. I only use some paper towel now, when still hot and everything is shining! I can still use as much as I want and when pressed I can calculate the dosage better too, I just measure the height of the pressed load with my eye (not so easy when the load is loose). A coarse grind works the best and the ABV is very evenly baked even without stirring! :) After a year of Solo flights with or without company this trusty beast still amazes me the more I learn of it's quirks!!! :p

I usually start from #2 these days and work my way up. I find I can absorb more cannabinoids this way as less vapor is lost in the air... As long as I finish the whole load the effects are the same as finishing it fast at higher temps, just stronger and last much longer. :2c:

Zipsort

Lots of DBV talk in this Solo thread.

That post sure was necessary..

I usually start from #2 these days and work my way up. I find I can absorb more cannabinoids this way as less vapor is lost in the air... As long as I finish the whole load the effects are the same as finishing it fast at higher temps, just stronger and last much longer. :2c:

The problem with this that I see is once you start low, you can stay low, but once you get hotter, you cant get any lower until you let the entire unit cool down (~hour)

The heat seems to linger for a long time after setting it to say temp 5 or 6.. it seems like theres no going back once you set it that high.. at least in my opinion.. I think using a laser thermometer would be a cool experiment might help learn a little more about the radiance of the heat

Zipsort,

Zookeeper

White clouds do more for me also. The first couple of drags off the vape (regardless of the vape) do really nothing for me except taste good. Hit # 3-5 are the ones that get me going, and coincidentally are the ones that tickle my lungs, and produce white clouds.

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
That post sure was necessary..

The problem with this that I see is once you start low, you can stay low, but once you get hotter, you cant get any lower until you let the entire unit cool down (~hour)

The heat seems to linger for a long time after setting it to say temp 5 or 6.. it seems like there's no going back once you set it that high.. at least in my opinion.. I think using a laser thermometer would be a cool experiment might help learn a little more about the radiance of the heat

I have to ask - why would you start higher to work your way lower - at higher temps you've already spent the unnecessary meds - hence going lower wouldn't make sense. Personally based on the dryness of my weed I start at either 4 or 5 and slowly work my way up. I will generally only hit 7 if I am filtering through water. I am even taken back by the DBV comment about combusting at max - I have had my DBV for years and have never seen anything above or beyond 2 o'clock. Keep in mind that essentially the Buddha is a fucking soldering iron - it wont be hard nor is it abnormal to reach combustion. By the way - I offer my comments as advise - please don't take it as disrespect. I'm only offering help...:)

mvapes,

VB

I have to ask - why would you start higher to work your way lower - at higher temps you've already spent the unnecessary meds - hence going lower wouldn't make sense. Personally based on the dryness of my weed I start at either 4 or 5 and slowly work my way up. I will generally only hit 7 if I am filtering through water. I am even taken back by the DBV comment about combusting at max - I have had my DBV for years and have never seen anything above or beyond 2 o'clock. Keep in mind that essentially the Buddha is a fucking soldering iron - it wont be hard nor is it abnormal to reach combustion. By the way - I offer my comments as advise - please don't take it as disrespect. I'm only offering help...:)
I could be wrong but maybe he's talking about wanting to start at a low temp on a fresh bowl just after finishing one on a higher temp.

VB,

X24

I could be wrong but maybe he's talking about wanting to start at a low temp on a fresh bowl just after finishing one on a higher temp.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I don't see that as an issue, however, because you can cool down the Solo pretty quickly just by turning the heater down/off and cycling some air through it.

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Thanks for clearing that up.

I don't see that as an issue, however, because you can cool down the Solo pretty quickly just by turning the heater down/off and cycling some air through it.

X - your 100% right - how many times have people not heard the beep when the Solo Auto Shut Off kicks on and you go to take a hit and the unit is already cooled down to 1 or 2 - I agree and would say that there's almost no issue with lingering heat.

mvapes,

MrNorml

yeah those other 2 stems that come with the arizer.. are they really needed??
im just using it for herbs only.. and im guessing you cant use concentrates/oils in the other stems?

There are extra stems so when yours falls over onto the concrete and breaks you can still use it while waiting for new glass stems to be delivered from somewhere . . . Arizer is really nice about this (Q gives extra glass as well for the same reason I would guess...)

MrNorml,
Top Bottom