Arizer Solo

elevation

I am really happy with my Arizer Solo..i bought it 3 weeks back or like a month ago.

Its the best vaporizer i have owned until now. The battery is great. I never run out of battery.
I will take this with me if i will go away for a whole day. I might take my charger with me to be sure..but i dont think i will need it.
The hits are great. The taste is so clean, the vapor really pure, less throat irritation than the Iolite or MFLB if you use it dry, and you can choose your own temperature.

I bought a mini bubbler with a downstem to use with my solo too..the joint size is 14.5mm and it doesn't fit as well as i would have hoped it would. I use the rubber ring that's in the MFLB now around my stem..so it kind of works like a cork. It works, but i don't think it makes the perfect seal..

Can any of you guys help me out here? The MFLB ring was the most innovative thing i could come up with :ko:

:peace:

elevation,

vaplexus

It works! just a few tweeks to make it perfect. i wonder if i should sell these....

P8289912.JPG

P8289918.JPG

P8289919.JPG

P8289920.JPG

vaplexus

Geez man, how much does something like that cost? I would be interested in picking one up if they are somewhat affordable.. So many things I could make.

Pretty much the cheapest 3D printer right now is the Printrbot. You are looking at around $550 for a kit. for a larger build areas there is the Printrbot+ which is $700. from there you can look at Makerbot which are in the $1500 range or so. and the Ultimaker which is $2300 or so. all these require mechanical skills, tinkering and learning and messing around with software. its not so specialized that only hacker types can use them but they do require some patience and aptitude to use and get good results. you can look at sites such as printrbottalk.com, reprap.org and google 3D printing to get a better sense of the technology.

I basically sat on my couch and measured the solo with calipers and used those measurements to build this in a 3D CAD program. output the file and send to the printer. put in some black ABS and wait 1.5 hours.

vaplexus,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
It works! just a few tweeks to make it perfect. i wonder if i should sell these....

P8289912.JPG

P8289918.JPG

P8289919.JPG

P8289920.JPG

Please - I want one - thats the same thing I wanted to do with my pelican case. If I drilled out a small whole and put the power adapter through the case then I could charge my solo while stored.

mvapes,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker

P8289912.JPG

P8289918.JPG

P8289919.JPG

P8289920.JPG

Please - I want one - thats the same thing I wanted to do with my pelican case. If I drilled out a small whole and put the power adapter through the case then I could charge my solo while stored.

Sorry for the double post - the forum has been doing this to me quite often recently.

mvapes,

vaplexus

Well let me work on perfecting it. i just need to make the inside dimension a little wider so its easier to get the solo in and out, also ins-set the cable a little more so the bottom is flush to the table. it would work better if you put a dab of CA (crazy) glue around the plug to hold it in place. right now its just sitting there and it works ok but it does flex down with repeated use. i am going to experiment with making the adaptor plug hole smaller so its a tight fit, the problem is getting it through. or maybe i make a plastic plug that you plug in from the hole underneath to act as back-pressure to keep the plug in place. its working fine just stuffed in there but i worry about repeated use and the plug getting pushed down and requiring repeated adjustment - that would not make for a good product.

vaplexus,
Reactions: mmenzie

Zipsort

Pretty much the cheapest 3D printer right now is the Printrbot. You are looking at around $550 for a kit. for a larger build areas there is the Printrbot+ which is $700. from there you can look at Makerbot which are in the $1500 range or so. and the Ultimaker which is $2300 or so. all these require mechanical skills, tinkering and learning and messing around with software. its not so specialized that only hacker types can use them but they do require some patience and aptitude to use and get good results. you can look at sites such as printrbottalk.com, reprap.org and google 3D printing to get a better sense of the technology.

I basically sat on my couch and measured the solo with calipers and used those measurements to build this in a 3D CAD program. output the file and send to the printer. put in some black ABS and wait 1.5 hours.

Wow, thats awesome man. I am sure I could handle the mechanical part of it (I've done alot of odd jobs in my time) but the software would be a different story. I'm not the best at math,.

Zipsort,

MrNorml

I am really happy with my Arizer Solo..i bought it 3 weeks back or like a month ago.

Its the best vaporizer i have owned until now. The battery is great. I never run out of battery.
I will take this with me if i will go away for a whole day. I might take my charger with me to be sure..but i dont think i will need it.
The hits are great. The taste is so clean, the vapor really pure, less throat irritation than the Iolite or MFLB if you use it dry, and you can choose your own temperature.

I bought a mini bubbler with a downstem to use with my solo too..the joint size is 14.5mm and it doesn't fit as well as i would have hoped it would. I use the rubber ring that's in the MFLB now around my stem..so it kind of works like a cork. It works, but i don't think it makes the perfect seal..

Can any of you guys help me out here? The MFLB ring was the most innovative thing i could come up with :ko:

:peace:

This is a long series of posts on the Solo. Here's somewhere to start... http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/arizer-solo.3833/page-217#post-200047
http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj584/MrNormlAZ/Glass/solo_tubing_uses.jpg

MrNorml,

Ontariovapes

I got mine today from Puffitup.com. Just for reference it is an M1A series. Worked great with my Black Leaf Mini Showerhead bubbler.

Ontariovapes,

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
I got mine today from Puffitup.com. Just for reference it is an M1A series. Worked great with my Black Leaf Mini Showerhead bubbler.

it is great with bubs... i love using mine with my ZOB showerhead bubbler. i don't even use a GonG adapter (although i will when PV releases the PVHES GonG). i put the 18 to 14 reducer in my ZOB and i use the stock straight stem and stick right down. good seal and it supports the weight of the solo as well. i like it soooo much... i am going to load up my solo and grab my ZOB right now :tup:

mmenzie,

RxMJ

Advice for the Arizer Solo please.

I have been using an Arizer Solo for a few months now and thought I'd post my method of using it for more experinced forum members to comment on or make improvements to.
Before the Arizer, I had never vaped or smoked cannabis before. As a newly licensed medical user, I did some research and started with Arizer.
Here's how it usually goes:
1. Turn on the Solo to setting 3
2. Grind, but not too finely (or use the pre-ground the gov't supplies)
3. Pack the pipe end lightly to the lip (I use a screen with my 4-hole)
4. Turn the Solo upside down and insert the pipe
5. Set the Solo on the table and wait for visible condensation low in the pipe (I take that as evidence the vapour is present)
6. Inhale the vapour (full breath each time), exhale after several seconds
7. A little more visible condensation appears and then I inhale again, I sometimes reduce the setting to 2 here because the vapour starts to make me cough after 4 or 5 times
8. No more condesation will appear but I inhale about 7 or 8 more times, takes between 6 and 12 mins
9. Repeat the entire process if necessary (2 times is plenty but sometimes 3 is required with weaker strains)

I'd appreciate any advice but a few questions come tom mind that I'd like opinions on:
-Is the visible condensation an indication of anything in particular?
-Am I wasting my time after the consdensation isn't visible? (and the vapour gets more irritating)
-Am I taking too few inhalations?
-What would be the advantage of moving up the temp range?

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
You've got a Pretty good system already :tup:

The visible condensation would be the beginnings of vapor forming from the conduction part of the solo.

You aren't wasting your time unless you are getting no vapor. If you are getting no condensation before but when you suck on the stem, you are still getting vapor, then there's still goodness left in there.

The number of inhalations will vary from user to user, it doesn't really matter how many you get, just if you are getting vapor.

Going up in temps will give you more vapor, and release some different cannabiboids.
The best advice on as to whether you should go up in temp, would be just to try it and see if you like it.

Frederick McGuire,
Reactions: UpUpandAway

natural farmer

I have been using an Arizer Solo for a few months now and thought I'd post my method of using it for more experinced forum members to comment on or make improvements to.
Before the Arizer, I had never vaped or smoked cannabis before. As a newly licensed medical user, I did some research and started with Arizer.
5. Set the Solo on the table and wait for visible condensation low in the pipe (I take that as evidence the vapour is present)
7. A little more visible condensation appears and then I inhale again, I sometimes reduce the setting to 2 here because the vapour starts to make me cough after 4 or 5 times
8. No more condesation will appear but I inhale about 7 or 8 more times, takes between 6 and 12 mins
9. Repeat the entire process if necessary (2 times is plenty but sometimes 3 is required with weaker strains)

I'd appreciate any advice but a few questions come tom mind that I'd like opinions on:
-Am I wasting my time after the consdensation isn't visible? (and the vapour gets more irritating)

Hey man, welcome to the party! From my experience, you will change your style and tools many times as you get more comfortable with the Solo. This little beast's versatility is so great and given the many available stems, bubblers, bongs out there and also the wide spectrum of user preferences, it will keep your interest for a long long time. I would advice you to remove the stem after each hit for optimal taste and efficiency... And try different temps and draw speeds... And make yourself a "vapor lung"... ;)

natural farmer,

tepictoton

and for the irritating vapor, use a bong ;) I cannot imagine vaping a full stem without my precious water tool....

tepictoton,

Zipsort

I think you got it down. Your questions you are asking are a little more personal opinion rather than fact though, such as, wasting your time. Really, this units heater works so well that you should never burn a bowl. The worst that can happen is you wont produce any good vapor, or it will just taste slightly like burnt popcorn. (Believe me, way better the taste of smoking the bottom of a regular bowl)

Just go with what you feel, and I have a feeling you already like this thing.

No such thing as too few inhalations

Certain cannabinoids are released at all various temps so the higher the temp the more you are releasing from the plant (sometimes good, sometimes bad, depending on how you look at it)

Anyways.. welcome to a new world. Been smoking/vaping for I dont know 8+ years now and dont plan on quitting anytime soon!

and for the irritating vapor, use a bong ;) I cannot imagine vaping a full stem without my precious water tool....

Meh i use it without water all the time and I dont notice a huge diff really

Zipsort,

vaplexus

I need 3 beta testers for my charge base prototype as seen here . first 3 people to PM me gets one to try out. all i ask is that you send me feedback about it. what works, what doesn't. so first PM me. I will contact the first 3 people and get their address to send them one. I am still working on the dimensions but when i get it done i will ship.

vaplexus,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I need 3 beta testers for my charge base prototype as seen here . first 3 people to PM me gets one to try out. all i ask is that you send me feedback about it. what works, what doesn't. so first PM me. I will contact the first 3 people and get their address to send them one. I am still working on the dimensions but when i get it done i will ship.

PM'd

mvapes,

poonman

Did I make it for 3

edit ; I'll PM you

poonman,

vaplexus

yep you got in. and that's it! beta testing is CLOSED. thanks to the 3 people who want to help out with this. we'll be in touch.

vaplexus,

Ontariovapes

I offer to be your first Canadian tester. I use an interesting setup. I have two solos on a Y cone tear atop a dual showerhead bubbler. So much cloud snd sooooooo smooth.

Ontariovapes,

X24

Congratulations beta testers! :)

Anybody here need a good case for the solo? I just picked up a Vatra Matrix for $13. Holds the Solo in the main compartment along with a stem from Ed'sTNT, a grinder in the bottom and has an outside pouch to throw a couple of other random knickknacks like eyedrops and chapstick or something.

Also, I picked up a cheapie glass water pipe. Smooth, smooth, smooth, smooth. Just like taking a breath, and then it hits you 5 minutes later. Should be a nice treat from time to time.

X24,

sounds like you got it down. Now your next step is to read this whole read. And go!!

EDIT: Damn tapatalk being down fucked me for being a beta tester. boooo

VapeNStone,
Top Bottom