Arizer Solo

vape4life

Banned for life
That's awesome jam! Sounds very efficient.... i'm thinking it may be better for more even abv, and fresher taste since you can have 2 shorty bowls vs 1 regular... less popcorn taste ?

vape4life

Banned for life
Do you only use the shorty then? do you prefer the straight or bent? On one hand I like the bent to be able to use the solo easier upside down. On the other I think the straight doesn't condense as much vapour due to the straight vapour path?

vape4life,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I haven't been using the bent tubes, I mostly run mine through my water pipe, so right now, I am stuck using the straight tube, until the GonG adapters get released. I do favor the straight tube though... I actually like using the smaller GonG stem as a stubby short stem, so it will be nice to get the PVHES shortie GonG. Can't wait! :freak:

vape4life

Banned for life
Yeah that would probably make your water pipe usage much more friendly. The airflow just sucks too much without the notches/channels IMO.

PlanetHaze

Don't Vaporize The Planet !, Vaporize Yourself
Retailer
How much of a difference is there between the M107 and the M1D?

Hi Slightly Medicated,
Great question, we would have to agree with vape4life's response above and say not much difference that is very noticeable. For sure Arizer makes firmware tweaks and possible material changes etc. but for the most part they are fairly close in performance. One thing we did notice on the m1d, not sure about the m107 is that the battery gauge is not very accurate anymore. On earlier models the battery life lights corresponded pretty close to actual remaining battery charge, but on the m1d the lights drop fast initially, but when the battery strength light shows just one light, you can still get another 3-4 twelve minute sessions. Anyone else notice this?

Hey PV, having owned both m102 and m1d i'd have to agree with you. Do you think the difference is mainly due to the ceramic coating, or a change in battery/software?

I guess it's too bad that Arizer abandoned the ceramic since I have read more than once that some of these bowls did not flake/chip....but then again TONNES were flaking so I suppose it just isn't worth it for them. I did ask if they would revisit and go back to the ceramic and their answer was basically no.

**shakes head at my back to back post**

Hi vape4life,
Arizer has stated many times that the ceramic coating was for aesthetics only and we agree, just can't see a 0.1mm coating of ceramic being able to make any difference heat wise with all else being the same. It definitely has to do with at least two things, different firmware to allow slightly hotter temps - the abv from an m102 at 4 = m1d at 6 by casual observation and that the 4 holes in the bottom of the bowl are much smaller in the m102 vs. the newer models. There could be other changes as well that are not apparent, but could make a difference as well.

I'm using the shorty, and find that I am getting fully medicated on a load, and only using about half as much herb as I would in a regular size load. Very nice and conservative. PVHES ROCKS IT!!:rockon:

Hi jambandphan03,
Great to hear about the PVHES shorty performance, it has a number of things going for it that really maximize its performance while using less. The PVHEGonG adapters will also be available in 16 different versions, all the PVHES versions plus carbed and non carbed versions of each.

PVHES Update
We wanted to give an update on the lengthy PVHES sell out. The weather here has been scorching hot, setting new records almost every few days. Trying to work as a glassblower with a huge flame in front of you, safety equipment and 800F kilns running beside you in this heat and high humidity is a very difficult environment to work in and has put production way behind schedule. We should be getting a cool down next week to around 95F so hopefully some production can be done again, we wish our glassblower good health. Our apologies for the delays, we are doing what we can to get more PVHES in stock.

Peace and Love,
PV

While waiting for PlanetVape to have stock of the Turbo Tubes, I am having fun with my new Sinker Cypress stem by Ed's. The Cocobolo is in the background.
DSC01730.jpg

puff.gif

vape on~
I'm at the point where I'm done waiting. I need a female/female 45 degree adapter that I'm getting quite impatient for.

VapeNStone,
Reactions: Vitolo
While waiting for PlanetVape to have stock of the Turbo Tubes, I am having fun with my new Sinker Cypress stem by Ed's. The Cocobolo is in the background.
DSC01730.jpg

puff.gif

vape on~
so what are you getting custom stems??? How come I never seen a sinker cypress for sale?

VapeNStone,

vape4life

Banned for life
Hi Slightly Medicated,
Great question, we would have to agree with vape4life's response above and say not much difference that is very noticeable. For sure Arizer makes firmware tweaks and possible material changes etc. but for the most part they are fairly close in performance. One thing we did notice on the m1d, not sure about the m107 is that the battery gauge is not very accurate anymore. On earlier models the battery life lights corresponded pretty close to actual remaining battery charge, but on the m1d the lights drop fast initially, but when the battery strength light shows just one light, you can still get another 3-4 twelve minute sessions. Anyone else notice this?

Yes, I definitely noticed that the battery lights would drop quite quickly, however I was too afraid to use it with just one light due to fear of depleting and maybe wrecking the battery.

Hi vape4life,
Arizer has stated many times that the ceramic coating was for aesthetics only and we agree, just can't see a 0.1mm coating of ceramic being able to make any difference heat wise with all else being the same. It definitely has to do with at least two things, different firmware to allow slightly hotter temps - the abv from an m102 at 4 = m1d at 6 by casual observation and that the 4 holes in the bottom of the bowl are much smaller in the m102 vs. the newer models. There could be other changes as well that are not apparent, but could make a difference as well.

I didn't know that the little holes were smaller on older models. I wonder why they made all these little changes then, I assume it's to improve the longevity.

We wanted to give an update on the lengthy PVHES sell out. The weather here has been scorching hot, setting new records almost every few days. Trying to work as a glassblower with a huge flame in front of you, safety equipment and 800F kilns running beside you in this heat and high humidity is a very difficult environment to work in and has put production way behind schedule. We should be getting a cool down next week to around 95F so hopefully some production can be done again, we wish our glassblower good health. Our apologies for the delays, we are doing what we can to get more PVHES in stock.

No a/c? lol I agree though, this weather has been something else! Might have to start doing some kinda rain dance lol

Peace and Love,
PV

vape4life,

vape4life

Banned for life
$160 with discount code SOLO160

edit: nevermind. I read here that the sale is over.

Sorry.... move along. nothing to see here.

Just confirmed through the chat window that the sale still works! Get them while you can! lol First they said the sale was over, and that the code didn't work, but then came back and said if it works, it works!

Free 4 piece CNC grinder too! This may be the best deal on a Solo yet!

vape4life,
Reactions: Stu

daytripper

M1D Solos are Back in stock!

daytripper, keep that m102, it is a classic! Still seems to cook the best, even better than the newest M1D model. M1D charges faster and heats up much faster than m102 though. Nothing wrong with getting a new M1D and keeping the m102 as a back up, special occasions and doing side by side comparisons.
PV

:) yah, my m102 has been great to me, the battery is not what it once was tho.. I'd also enjoy faster heating times. So the M1D series battery life is much improved over my vintage M102? Also, Planetvape, do you offer a discount for FC members? Still trying to decide if its worth it to upgrade.

daytripper,

vape4life

Banned for life
:) yah, my m102 has been great to me, the battery is not what it once was tho.. I'd also enjoy faster heating times. So the M1D series battery life is much improved over my vintage M102? Also, Planetvape, do you offer a discount for FC members? Still trying to decide if its worth it to upgrade.

Where did you hear that the m1D battery is much improved over your m102? I'd say the opposite but that's just my experience, the m102 took twice as long to heat up, but the bars didn't drop as fast.

It's all speculation since the firmware could have been tweaked, so I wanna reiterate again, don't worry about which version of Solo fellas...they are all pretty much the same.

IMO, unless you need a new battery i'd just keep your vintage m102. Or as PV suggested, buy a new one and have 2! OR, and i'm not sure if Arizer does this anymore, if you have a bit of a flake or chip in the ceramic, Arizer MAY let you keep it and send you a brand new one free of charge.

vape4life,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
m102...m107 m1d mzcfdjfj104dsf
Does it really matter?

M102 "cocks" better...its probably in the 5% difference that most of us won't even notice and its just trying to be reallllly reallllllly pedantic IMO

I love my 107 and never tried a 102 or anything else...solo FTW!
My daily driver ... even when the cloud arrives I would still use this quickly every morning...its just an amazing unit to open the morning with...

weedemon

enthusiast
I have the m1d and it drops 1 bar per 12 min session on heat setting 4 if i have it on 5 or higher it drains 2 bars per 12 min session instead.

how does that stack up to you old school solo users? it takes me 3-4h to charge it back up.

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
I have the m1d and it drops 1 bar per 12 min session on heat setting 4 if i have it on 5 or higher it drains 2 bars per 12 min session instead.

how does that stack up to you old school solo users? it takes me 3-4h to charge it back up.

3-4 Hours? dude no way you must be thinking in weed time. it takes (granted 1:30-2:00)

I use it on 5 (4 in the morning) and I remember having a full 4 12 mins sessions and the battery was not done, but might have been on 1

m0sh,

vape4life

Banned for life

Sounds about right for battery life, although it should charge faster than that.

vape4life,

Vitolo

Vaporist
so what are you getting custom stems??? How come I never seen a sinker cypress for sale?
Go back a bunch of pages. Ed said.... he would be making some Solo stems of wood. If anyone had any special requests now was the time to ask!

Vitolo,
well I got a bog oak on the way and I have a cocobolo already. I think I'm good for now lol. But when that dugout is ready please please let me know.

VapeNStone,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I am loving this thing - definitely ordering some stems this week. I just haven't decided on which route to go yet but the loose OEM stem is really starting to annoy me. I will say though that as of right now I think the Solo is hands down my favorite vape. I like the straight glass 4 hole stem but I wish it just fit more snug.

Also - is there anyway to shut off or adjust the auto shut off?

mvapes,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
I am loving this thing - definitely ordering some stems this week. I just haven't decided on which route to go yet but the loose OEM stem is really starting to annoy me. I will say though that as of right now I think the Solo is hands down my favorite vape. I like the straight glass 4 hole stem but I wish it just fit more snug.

Also - is there anyway to shut off or adjust the auto shut off?

no you cant adjust or shutoff the timer. it is what it is......

ru_frothi,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member

I like high temp vaping, so I start my m102 solo from cold with a stem loaded with 0.05g and I'll wait till it indicates heat level 3, then I kill the stem in a couple of draws, reload and repeat. I always set it to heat level 6 or 7 and I don't adjust the temp.

I have noticed that when I start the session with a full battery I can get 3 or 4 stems (if I am ambitious, or sharing) before the auto shutoff kicks in. If I start the session on battery level 4 or less I can only get 2 stems finished before the auto shutoff kicks in. So I tend to recharge whenever i get to level 4 for 1-2hrs to get back to level 7.

notmyrealUSERname,

vape4life

Banned for life
I don't understand that, i've timed it several times....12 mins...regardless of battery. Anyone else confirm?

vape4life,
Top Bottom