Arizer Solo

vape4life

Banned for life
Just curious to those using ed's stems with the solo, how are you finding cleaning them? Just a little iso on the q-tip followed by a dry qtip? Just wondering how it will affect taste down the road.

vape4life,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Just curious to those using ed's stems with the solo, how are you finding cleaning them? Just a little iso on the q-tip followed by a dry qtip? Just wondering how it will affect taste down the road.

Haven't cleaned mine yet.... Its not my daily driver. If I had more than 1 I might use it at home but I save it for on the road use. Its locked, loaded and capped ready to go. I still use the glass ones at home.

ru_frothi,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer

For cleaning these this is what I do, oh and remember never ever submerge these!

Take the ram rod all of you all got with the Stem to push through and remover the internal retaining clip and screen. I take a few pipe cleaners and kinda twist them together loosely to kinda make a wad, I then soak them in ISO and shake the excess off, then push through the tube from the wood end first. This should clean any heavy residue and do the trick. I will also if I have alot of resin I will take a cotton ball and soak it in ISO, squeeze out the excess mash in it the wood end and use the ram rod to push through.

I am sure you all have your techniques and am interested to hear how you all do it. Hope this helps!

Edited to add - I wish you all the best and a safe and Happy 4th!

cow-a-bunga

I just got my package from Ed's TnT. I'm trying out the Bog Oak stem right now, my first impression is this is a huge improvement to my Solo. Air flow is great.

I've owned three 4-hole glass stems. Two of them broke, the remaining one fit very tight, and did not allow the airflow I want. I've found that adding a screen, improved all my glass stems, but I think Ed's TnT just beat them all. Big fat effortless clouds.

The Solo looks better too. Thank you Ed. Great product!

cow-a-bunga,
So after much search, debate, and assuming the fear of inhaling less desirable materials with the solo are unwarranted or addressed, I've decided to pull the trigger on the solo.

I know there are warranty issues depending on who you buy from, so can anyone recommend a reliable vendor (selling the newest models) that is reasonably priced or offers a discount?

Also, are there any "must have accessories" I should get with the solo? Screens, stems, something that can help connect it to my bong....haha.

Looking forward to joining the community with my first legit vape.

lettherebedanks,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I reccomend Puff it up. Great people with fair prices and FC discounts. I've bought several from them and have always been pleased.

As for must have's, I strongly recommend getting one of Planet Vape's PVHES stems. The GonG version isn't out yet, but it should be soon, so you may want to wait for that. It makes for great vaporbonging.

www.puffitup.com
www.planetvape.ca

:peace:

Order placed. When I receive the Solo, is there anything I should do to clean or prep it?

Edit: Great deal for the Solo going on now, by the way. Persuaded me to purchase.

lettherebedanks,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
I just got my package from Ed's TnT. I'm trying out the Bog Oak stem right now, my first impression is this is a huge improvement to my Solo. Air flow is great.

I've owned three 4-hole glass stems. Two of them broke, the remaining one fit very tight, and did not allow the airflow I want. I've found that adding a screen, improved all my glass stems, but I think Ed's TnT just beat them all. Big fat effortless clouds.

The Solo looks better too. Thank you Ed. Great product!

Thats what I wanna hear my man, glad you are enjoying your piece! Thanks for the kind words!

Ed's TnT,
I'll give my solo a go when I get it, and I'll add one of 'em later if I feel the need. $30 for a stem on top of the initial purchase is pushing it a little for me right now.

One question for whoever wants to answer; has anyone had a problem with the battery, and if so were you able to replace it yourself without sending it in for the $100 charge with Arizer? I'm not anticipating it, but it's good to have a leg up.

You should get Ed's Solo Stem when you can. It really is the best stem I have tried for the solo so far. I actualy started using my solo more because of his stem. :tup::tup:

www.edstnt.com

lettherebedanks,
Reactions: vape4life

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
sorry, for chiming in late but i have had my Solo for a few months and I love it. I have my McDonalds cup all setup for stealth use and it's the bomb. my only drawback was the airflow and while reading the thread on the Puffit (was and still am considering buying one) i happened to hear about the PVHES stem and Ed's Stem's. Both have users that claim the airflow in improved with them. my question to the masses that have them.... does anyone have both and can HONESTLY compare which is better for improving the airflow?? i really want to but one but can't afford to buy from both... so i would really love to hear from anyone that has both and can speak from expierience on which one truely improves the airflow.

thanks in advance

mmenzie,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
sorry, for chiming in late but i have had my Solo for a few months and I love it. I have my McDonalds cup all setup for stealth use and it's the bomb. my only drawback was the airflow and while reading the thread on the Puffit (was and still am considering buying one) i happened to hear about the PVHES stem and Ed's Stem's. Both have users that claim the airflow in improved with them. my question to the masses that have them.... does anyone have both and can HONESTLY compare which is better for improving the airflow?? i really want to but one but can't afford to buy from both... so i would really love to hear from anyone that has both and can speak from expierience on which one truely improves the airflow.

thanks in advance

I wrote a review a few pages ago... http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/arizer-solo.3833/page-298#post-244740

If I had to choose one, I'd go for the wood stem which has a bit more features that are needed IMO, the airflow is actually better in the wood but the turbo PHVES is probably the same...

The extraction of the PHVES vs wood is probably comparable to the results of PHVES and PHVES turbo IMO.

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
i would really love to hear from anyone that has both and can speak from expierience on which one truely improves the airflow.

thanks in advance

I have both... If I could only buy one again, I would buy Ed's Stem. I prefer the airflow, durability, and style over the glass stems including the PVHES.

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: Ed's TnT

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Hey guys - I just got me solo and I have a quick question - I got it used in a trade so I don't have instructions, can somebody just give give me the lowdown on charging. For example - how do I know when its fully charged?

mvapes,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Ok - got my first solo, initial reaction: wtf was I thinking waiting so long to get this thing? Clouds, great taste, easy to use and aside from a few minor gripes I would say this is easily moving to the top of my list. I look forward to sharing more after my next few sessions. :peace:

mvapes,
Reactions: ili

thanks in advance
I have both and I differ from these two guys. I seem to get waaaay better airflow with the PVHES

VapeNStone,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I also tend to use my PVHES shorty stem over the wood one, most of the time. Both do offer good air flow, but I feel the PVHES just nails it. I don't feel much restriction at all, and blow out huge clouds at low 3-4 setting.

jambandphan03,
Top Bottom