Arizer Solo

thesoloman

The way the herb goes into the mouthpiece then into the top rem jive nds me of my Iolite, long sold. How dies it nit fall out? What keeps hash' keif snd wax from melting or falling into the heating chamber?

I have s MFLB, VG, snd volvano. I'm looking for something that also does hashes without clogging like the VG, or being ruined like the MFLB or just a pita like the volcano. Must be fast heating, small, non fllame driven and not get too hot to use after like my LB and metal VG. Silent is also important. I wakevin the night and want a few puffs without waking my SO too!

Is this the right vape for me?
the solo is near silent, if you turn off the loud ass beep
It will vape keif and hash just fine with no mods,,, wax too however with caution, you MUST use cotton or a bed of herb to prevent oil from dripping into the vape.
When packing the stem you just suck your herb up into the stem then take it and hold it facing up and invert the solo and place it on to the stem, becomes habit in no time, however i rarely find my load falling out even if i have it facing down.
I have had my solo's for a really long time and absolutely love both of them! (i have two).
I recommend them to everyone that inhales!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
The way the herb goes into the mouthpiece then into the top rem jive nds me of my Iolite, long sold. How dies it nit fall out? What keeps hash' keif snd wax from melting or falling into the heating chamber?

I have s MFLB, VG, snd volvano. I'm looking for something that also does hashes without clogging like the VG, or being ruined like the MFLB or just a pita like the volcano. Must be fast heating, small, non fllame driven and not get too hot to use after like my LB and metal VG. Silent is also important. I wakevin the night and want a few puffs without waking my SO too!

Is this the right vape for me?
If you like the burnt popcorn flavor of your portable then your not going to like SOLO.
I have 2 of them.
The difference is I chase flavor.
Dutch Treat in a SOLO dry path set on level 3 is amazing before getting under the covers on a cold winter night.
There so cheap just get one!

Last edited:

Lusi

It took me five years to get my VG draws perfect to avoid popcorn. I hurl when I try any form if combustion. Lol it takes me over 10 hits to use a VG bowl. The flsme, noise and pita to clean drives me nuts. My worse tasting vape is my volcano. If I turn it over 6 or use it until it stops vaping, I cough away and the noise drives me nuts! The MFLB gets too hot with my use. I'll puff away for hours. My beta adapter for it burnd my hand. Lol I got the worst popcorn taste from an iolite... cough cough. Nasty!

I originally came back to this site to find about the MicrovVaped V2 glass globe edition vape a friend bought. ($100) I hate the taste of wax and heard they have a model coming out that does hash and bud. I came here looking for info on this vape, found nothing, but was directed to a solo. It's completely different, but could work.

Does it taste better than a volcano? Is it easy to clean... and not too frequently? Do you have to stir the bud? How many hits do you end up with out of a bowl... average? I need something that holds up to heavy medical use, every hour or more for 8 hours.

Nothing is cheap to try on disibility pay!

Lusi,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Nothing is cheap to try on disability pay!

All kidding aside I'm retired from an amazing career due to my illness.
I too am on disability.

My use of words is just a mask to hide behind my ATAXIA (SCA)

The SOLO as become my medical device for portable vaporizing.
I started with some of the vaporizers you have however In my previous life of high end living I was spoiled by flavor. (Food, Wine) No $2 Buck Chuck!

You have a VOLCANO and their super expensive and the flavor a bit stale?
The MFLB was my first Vaporizer when I first became a Medical Marijuana Patient.
After 2 hit's I could not stand the flavor. (Burnt Pop Corn)

My plug-in's keep the natural flavor profile very smooth. (CHEAP DEVICES)
{Wax; Shatter; Hash; Pollen Pellets; Pure Gold; CO2 Oil} W9 TECH Devices work for me However their are many who struggle with them?

The SOLO I use at least 3 times per day to keep my THC, CBD's at a respectable level.

I guess we all have different needs and levels of tolerance.

There are many good products available today for the medical patient.

The SOLO I use because it works well for my needs.

Find your sweet spot!

For the money you can't go wrong to try!

Last edited:

chaseGdaBarber

My arizer is arriving this week what are some extra things I should pick up? What are better regular pipe screens or glass honeycomb?

chaseGdaBarber,

king krish

My arizer is arriving this week what are some extra things I should pick up? What are better regular pipe screens or glass honeycomb?

Im awaiting mine too. Take a look at PVHES and GonG (these increase airflow as many users find the stock stem doesnt offer enough), you may want a power supply, Pipes a member on the forum makes a kit for it, which Ive heard good things about. I got in on the PNWT deal that just expired if a water tank interests you, PV also do one called F-Bomb. You may want a case to carry it in. In terms of pipe screens i cant advise between the 2 but can say its worth getting them if you wanna avoid particles getting in your mouth.

But the BEST thing to do is go back about 100 pages on here and read to date, I'm sure that will answer all/most of your questions.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
No Hurry!
Use the kit the way it comes.
You can add all the extras later.

The PHVES is nice.
The GonG regular 18mm for my ASH COLLECTORS and bubblers is a go to adapter.

1/2" Stain Steel screens are cheap on EBAY (at least get these)
PLANET VAPES has the larger mesh screens I will get more of.

The Honeycomb glass screens are fun however not a must have item.

I have the PNWT and will get the GonG PHVES SHORTY 14mm.
The PHVES I'm liking a lot even though the stock works well too.
I plan on a 18mm PHVES GonG as well.

You will find that so many different configurations work!

The SEAL'S work well too!

Jab

That's pretty lame advice coming from you, Ataxian......when, exactly, was the last time you used any vape the way it came out of the box?
Sure, but shouldn't you get to know a vape first? Take some time to get a feel for its "vanilla" behaviour before you move on to the accessories and mods? I think that's all that's implied here. :2cents:

weedemon

enthusiast
I agree with Jab,

you won't know how much better a PVHES stem really is unless you have learned what the OEM stem is like.

but personally if you want to do yourself a favour just take our words for it and get the better stem from the get go.

here is a story I think is relevant.

when i got my solo i only had OEM stems as the HES ones were out of stock at the time.

so anyways. the OEM stems had put me in a situation where I felt like I needed to throw up. the reason for this was the restriction of airflow is too great. I was also one of those unlucky people who couldn't help but swallow smoke. (the seals in my esophagus [i think?] don't seal properly. I also get heart burn because of this when I sleep too.) anyways the restriction of airflow made me just hit it harder and that suction would cause me to swallow air/vapor in the process. I have puked 2x from using the OEM stem. and that problem has been gone ever since I got the HES stems.

I actually broke my original HES stem a month ago and tried to go without for 1.5 weeks. I couldn't do it! I was brought back with memories of the feeling this put on my stomach and just couldn't handle it.

OF

Sure, but shouldn't you get to know a vape first? Take some time to get a feel for its "vanilla" behaviour before you move on to the accessories and mods? I think that's all that's implied here. :2cents:
I agree with Jab,

you won't know how much better a PVHES stem really is unless you have learned what the OEM stem is like.

Come on guys, I'm poking fun at Ataxian (who is well known for his outlandish construction projects and true love of experimenting), not giving advice to new guys......

If you've been 'reading my stuff' you'll know I a huge fan of trying gear out the way the designers intended before trying to make it better.

Unless there's a compelling reason to 'jump the gun' (like trying to save shipping) I too think you should get to know your new vape.....and have said as much in many vape threads, and plan to continue doing so.

I just find it funny that the number one 'build it different' guy is offering that advice.....humor you know? "Don't do as I do, do as I say"?

OF

OF

Gentle Friends,

I have two Solos in use. One came back from loan/evaluation with short battery life. This unit has been through a lot. I used it for PA development and various other projects where I ran 'no stem, step 7' runs back to back to back. I ran it until it quit a couple times exploring that. I also used it a whole lot as designed and Heaven knows what the 3 guys I loaned it do subjected it to, except they collectively had many weeks to do it.

Nothing lasts forever, and this battery easily has several hundred cycles. Some of them what can only be termed 'abusive' no doubt. While still doing fine, it's getting old.

By way of testing it I found it can now only do 6 test runs (12 minute sessions on step 7 with no stem), number 7 starts with no battery level LEDs at all (my end point for this test). My other unit, which has thus far led a more sedate life, will do 14 in the same test. Time to make a new battery pack......

So I started out with the recommended Tenergy protected dual 18650 battery which I bought six months or so back in anticipation of this project:
http://www.amazon.com/Tenergy-Li-Ion-2200mAh-Rechargeable-Battery/dp/B002Y2LJW0/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1383416862&sr=1-1&keywords=tenergy 18650 7.4 volts

This is what the stock battery pack looks like:

Under the wrap it looks like this:

Between the batteries you can see the protection PCB and the white overtemperature safety switch. I bought more battery connectors (be careful, you need to reverse the pins, Solo for whatever reason uses the 'backwards' polarity???).

This is the Tenegy pack, it has the PCB on the top and so it a little too tall to fit in the Solo so I had to cut the wrap off and remove the foam tape and cardboard end plates before soldering the new connector on:

It's a very tight fit, I'm not sure I'd recommend this fix even to those guys who are cool soldering and tinkering inside. It's definitely not 'plug and play' yet..... However, it does work just fine it seems. The initial test showed 12 cycles for the battery, not quite 14 but way better than 6 and it likely will improve a bit with a couple dozen cycles, as battery packs often do.

Next comes rebuilding the original pack with new (tabbed) batteries (using the same PCB, connector cable and cutout). Following that I plan a ground up build with new PCB and other parts, hopefully complete with shrink wrap. This might get us to 'plug and play' replacement batteries..... Hopefully at reasonable cost.

Fun stuff.

OF

Last edited:

olivianewtonjohn

Gentle Friends,

I have two Solos in use. One came back from loan/evaluation with short battery life. This unit has been through a lot. I used it for PA development and various other projects where I ran 'no stem, step 7' runs back to back to back. I ran it until it quit a couple times exploring that. I also used it a whole lot as designed and Heaven knows what the 3 guys I loaned it do subjected it to, except they collectively had many weeks to do it.

Nothing lasts forever, and this battery easily has several hundred cycles. Some of them what can only be termed 'abusive' no doubt. While still doing fine, it's getting old.

By way of testing it I found it can now only do 6 test runs (12 minute sessions on step 7 with no stem), number 7 starts with no battery level LEDs at all (my end point for this test). My other unit, which has thus far led a more sedate life, will do 14 in the same test. Time to make a new battery pack......

So I started out with the recommended Tenergy protected dual 18650 battery which I bought six months or so back in anticipation of this project:
http://www.amazon.com/Tenergy-Li-Ion-2200mAh-Rechargeable-Battery/dp/B002Y2LJW0/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1383416862&sr=1-1&keywords=tenergy 18650 7.4 volts

Between the batteries you can see the protection PCB and the white overtemperature safety switch. I bought more battery connectors (be careful, you need to reverse the pins, Solo for whatever reason uses the 'backwards' polarity???).

This is the Tenegy pack, it has the PCB on the top and so it a little too tall to fit in the Solo so I had to cut the wrap off and remove the foam tape and cardboard end plates before soldering the new connector on:

It's a very tight fit, I'm not sure I'd recommend this fix even to those guys who are cool soldering and tinkering inside. It's definitely not 'plug and play' yet..... However, it does work just fine it seems. The initial test showed 12 cycles for the battery, not quite 14 but way better than 6 and it likely will improve a bit with a couple dozen cycles, as battery packs often do.

Next comes rebuilding the original pack with new (tabbed) batteries (using the same PCB, connector cable and cutout). Following that I plan a ground up build with new PCB and other parts, hopefully complete with shrink wrap. This might get us to 'plug and play' replacement batteries..... Hopefully at reasonable cost.

Fun stuff.

OF

Thanks for tearing the battery apart and all the tinkering you do!

One thing I was wondering though, why not buy this:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vapepower-high-performance-vaporizer-batteries.9571/

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Gentle Friends,

Fun stuff.

OF
That was really cool stuff "OF"!
I have 2 SOLO'S one stock and the other one is modified (TENERGY).

I love tearing things apart and putting them back together again!

My SOLO'S work great stock or modified!
Playing around:

[URL=http://s706.photobucket.com/user/surfding/media/SOLO%20STUFF/solo-june-2013_zpsff321fe2.jpg.html]

Do the math:
$20 battery pack and a year later works unreal.
Their are always better batteries.
Then there is all you really need![/URL]

Last edited:

OF

Thanks for tearing the battery apart and all the tinkering you do!

One thing I was wondering though, why not buy this:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vapepower-high-performance-vaporizer-batteries.9571/

Because I can learn and save money by doing it myself?

That was really cool stuff "OF"!
I have 2 SOLO'S one stock and the other one is modified (TENERGY).

I love tearing things apart and putting them back together again!

Do the math:
$20 battery pack and a year later works unreal.
Their are always better batteries.
Then there is all you really need!

Thanks. Exactly so, there can be satisfaction and a sense of independence if you're up to the task. To me it's part of understanding what's going on with the gear. But then again, I'm a nerd by nature, I don't expect everyone else to share my opinions and judgement.

I agree. The pack I rebuilt (using the original PCB, cable and stuff) cost me a bit over $12 shipped for the two batteries needed. And a little time. I can live with that.

Thanks guys, like I said, "fun stuff".

OF

Lusi

Ataxian, what kind of plug ins do you use with good flavor? I have I high tolerance and it takes a while to knock mysef out every night vaping. The volcano does the best job at a full chamber and 6 monster turkey bags of vapes. The second tastes good, the rest like burnt wood. Never go over 7. The bag noise wakes the entire house up. Lol Does any other volca m o owner get this taste? All mj tastes the same after two bags... I agree the MFLB tastes like popcorn. Yuk. I use mistly the VG just because it's fast and I have the tech down. My flame has about caught the sheets on fire though. Bad!!!!! Time to change.

It sounds like the solo could finally give me flavors I hear about. Someone told me I would have to smoke a joint to get these flavors. I tried, coughing away. It took two days to get the charred wood rotten egg taste out of my mouth. FC!!!!!

You all have me almost sold in this.... has anyone here tried a micro vaped glass globe? The local shops can't keep them in stock. New model could nr great, but this solo has been tested over years and this means something!!

BTW. .. what's up with all of the glass stems? Does it change the taste? Do you lose vaped oils that stick to the sides as it cools? Looks like a mini hamster run! Lol :) I have broken all my bongs I used with my VG. Thst fancy glass wouldn't last a minute in my clumsy fingers! :))) Would make a cool table top glass sculpture though....

Is vaporizers.ca the only place to buy one?

Lusi,

olivianewtonjohn

Because I can learn and save money by doing it myself?

Thanks. Exactly so, there can be satisfaction and a sense of independence if you're up to the task. To me it's part of understanding what's going on with the gear. But then again, I'm a nerd by nature, I don't expect everyone else to share my opinions and judgement.

I agree. The pack I rebuilt (using the original PCB, cable and stuff) cost me a bit over $12 shipped for the two batteries needed. And a little time. I can live with that.

Thanks guys, like I said, "fun stuff".

OF

That makes sense. Based on this chart hopefully panasonic will come out with 4000mah cells, this would hopefully come close to doubling run time.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...41b3aa4b6802&p=3819066&viewfull=1#post3819066

olivianewtonjohn,
Top Bottom