Arizer Solo

OF

That makes sense. Based on this chart hopefully panasonic will come out with 4000mah cells, this would hopefully come close to doubling run time.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...41b3aa4b6802&p=3819066&viewfull=1#post3819066

As Ataxian said "Their are always better batteries". He meant 'there' of course, but I think he got the point across.

I'm of a mind to follow what the laptop guys are using, their service requirements are similar to the Solo's. They too have to deal with high peak power, cycling current rates and high temperature and need long service life to be competitive.

Right now, I think that points to 2200 mAh batteries. Guys like Arizer (Solo) and DV (Ascent) are using this battery as well, I think for good reasons. They understand that advertising a bigger number would help sales, but they also understand that they need to support them in service which tends to favor conservative calls. Likewise TV didn't shoot right to the biggest number on the net for their choice(s).

Lots of factors to consider, I decided to start out where 'the smart money' did.....for much the same reason I agreed the new guy above should start out getting to know his stock Solo stems actually when you think about it?

I too am sure it will continue to get better battery wise, I intend to be ready to take full advantage of that eventually. For now I'm happy to restore factory performance on the cheap and easy.

OF

OF

Tenshuu

Got my PNWT in the mail today, but it has a crack on the inner-most tube. Can you guys see it?

tumblr_mvifrqKbbr1ruocxao1_500.jpg

But the damn thing works like a charm! :D

tumblr_mvifejCzOv1ruocxao1_500.jpg

tumblr_mvifgmEX9w1ruocxao1_500.jpg

This thing is legit! Love this setup.

I just purchased one myself, when I received it, I attempted to fill some water in it, and it just completely drained out before I was even able to cover halfway up the inner slits :(. Gotta send it back and get it replaced, I can't seem to identify where the crack/hole is though.

Tenshuu,

The High Cyde

I just purchased one myself, when I received it, I attempted to fill some water in it, and it just completely drained out before I was even able to cover halfway up the inner slits :(. Gotta send it back and get it replaced, I can't seem to identify where the crack/hole is though.
That sucks man, don't worry though the working replacement will make the trouble worth it. The PNWT is amazing

The High Cyde,
Reactions: ataxian

zaphod42

Try filling it slowly. I thought the same way when I got mine but then I figured it out. There's like a little siphon effect or something that happens if you fill it to quickly.

A fairly small trickle from the faucet and hold it at an angle. Once you see it working you can speed it up a little. It's not that hard but it's easy to get it wrong if you're not aware of it.

Caligula

Maximus
No, there must be something wrong. I can fill and overfill mine as fast as the faucet will dole out water. No leaking issues what so ever. That also goes for the PNWT my cat knocked off the counter the other week. Neither unit had an issue.

davesmith

Glass Blower
Try filling it slowly. I thought the same way when I got mine but then I figured it out. There's like a little siphon effect or something that happens if you fill it to quickly.

A fairly small trickle from the faucet and hold it at an angle. Once you see it working you can speed it up a little. It's not that hard but it's easy to get it wrong if you're not aware of it.

Yep I've got a bit of a syphon thing going on with mine too.

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I'm still using my M102 with no issues to report. Comparing the solo to a volcano questions make me wanna say that somebody has to go back and start reading. IMO based on my experience with FC if you find a vape out there that has been around a while and hasn't made it to FC can mean 1 of 3 things.

1. On rare occasions one may slip through the cracks and not get noticed by us.

2. The product is brand new and voila - you get to create a thread to start the wheels turning for us vapor nerds.

3. You are mistaken on the actual name and the vape is in fact here and when you finally find it you realize you were wrong all along. This has happened to me in the past, find something and get excited to bring to my brethren only find out that they already know it's a piece of shit.

Now, as far as the solo is concerned it is by far one of the renowned vaporizers on the market. IMHO opinion the Solo is a must have - I absolutely love mine and could not picture myself not having one in my daily rotation. At one point I had a few.

The flavor is intense, as long as you maintain it properly, clean your glass, and replace your screens the solo is tops. It goes fantastic dry and marries with water awesomely. It's also very easy to introduce concentrates into the stem.

Just last night I loaded mine with some purpleberry and some GSC shatter and plugged her into my mob...

e270e2b7-6e33-4a9e-835a-082b01c4584b_zps439ba8c1.jpg

Twas a nice night. :tup:

BTW - did I hear someone say they didn't like the flavor of wax? Find a new supplier my friend or PM if you make your own. You may be doing something wrong as I've had many waxes that taste incredible.
I prefer shatters or crumble but wax is fine with me. :D

Caligula

Maximus
For you guys who use concentrates out of your Solo... What heat level do you use? Does this change depending on the type (keif vs hash vs shatter vs wax vs etc)? Also does changing the medium (nug sandwich vs cotton vs hemp) matter in terms of heat level?

I've noticed if I put shatter in bud and vape at level 3 or 4 I still end up with completely dry ABV. Does this mean that I'm using the concentrate to its potential?

Last edited:
Caligula,

Hexi

For you guys who use concentrates out of your Solo... What heat level do you use? Does this change depending on the type (keif vs hash vs shatter vs wax vs etc)? Also does changing the medium (bug sandwich vs cotton vs hemp) matter in terms of heat level?

Yep, depends on the concentrate and if you use the solo inverted or not. Inverted, oil drips into the GonG instead of back into the vape if the conc is an oily one. I've had some dry taffy hash/extract inverted or not, not really much oil, flower and partial ABV as buffers.

I tend to crank to 7 for any conc packs, but with fresh herb I start at 4. Flavor at 7 is not as good but way thicker hits, ymmv.

Zorbak

I just had a revelation of sorts yesterday. I was hanging out with a buddy who, like me, has a Solo, PNWT, and pvheGonG setup. I asked him what heat setting he usually likes to start at (dry herb), and he mentioned that he really liked setting 2. I'd never run my Solo that low, but after an afternoon of trying it out, 2 is now my favorite temp to start with. with After 6 hits or so, i'll turn it up to 5 to finish. The herb maintains a nice flavor for most of the session, and vapor quality is EXCELLENT.

olivianewtonjohn

I just had a revelation of sorts yesterday. I was hanging out with a buddy who, like me, has a Solo, PNWT, and pvheGonG setup. I asked him what heat setting he usually likes to start at (dry herb), and he mentioned that he really liked setting 2. I'd never run my Solo that low, but after an afternoon of trying it out, 2 is now my favorite temp to start with. with After 6 hits or so, i'll turn it up to 5 to finish. The herb maintains a nice flavor for most of the session, and vapor quality is EXCELLENT.
Yeah I have been starting with 2 lately as well, think extra dry herb is helping in getting better vapor at all heat levels for me.

I start with 2 and keep going up one notch at a time. Im thinking this is why I get so much out of a bowl

The High Cyde

I usually start at 4, then go on to 5 after a few hits, then finish with 7 for like the last 2-3 hits. And lately I've only been hitting my Solo with the WT, the stock stems seem to be a thing of the past haha

But I wanna start off on 2 just to see what it's like. I only got one bowl left :( so I gotta make it count! Prolly gonna vape around the halftime show between the Colts and Texans game tonight lol

olivianewtonjohn

I usually start at 4, then go on to 5 after a few hits, then finish with 7 for like the last 2-3 hits. And lately I've only been hitting my Solo with the WT, the stock stems seem to be a thing of the past haha

But I wanna start off on 2 just to see what it's like. I only got one bowl left :( so I gotta make it count! Prolly gonna vape around the halftime show between the Colts and Texans game tonight lol
To make it count take small hits. When you see alot of exhaled vapor that is wasted vapor. Remember your lungs can only absorb so much each hit.

Being dry helps too; I notice on my more moist stuff it does not get as dark.

The High Cyde

That definitely makes sense, thanks for the tip! Yeah, I usually try to take in as much vapor as possible, then inhale a little air to force the vapor deeper into my lungs, hold for a few seconds then slowly exhale, usually out my nose ( I heard exhaling through your nose makes your body absorb the thc faster or more efficiently or something)

But I'll try to take smaller hits tonight.

The High Cyde,
Reactions: Snappo

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I've never had to use my solo above 5, whether it's flowers or not. I let you guys in on my secret using the solo with oils.

If the oil is runny, honey like, or even tacky this is what I like. I save a few stems from my flowers, take a piece of a stem about a 3rd of an inch long. After you grind your flowers just pack the base of the solo stem enough to cover your screen. Take that stem and like a dabber scoop yourself a dab of your preferred oil. Next, add some loose grinds to your stem about 3/4's of the way full and don't pack. Place that stem in the middle of your bowl like a fucking birthday candle in the middle of the cake. Once it's in there take your finger and plug the stem until you can create a vacuum with your mouth and suck up the remainder of your ground herb to fill the bowl of your stem.

Pack that mother fucker and enjoy. Start at three so the oil doesn't over heat and liquidize creating a mess. Slowly work your way up in temp so the viscosity of the oil slowly breaks down and continues to only be absorbed into flowers that are now becoming ABV.

Save that ABV for later extraction if you'd like with some 99% ISO.

You should never have to go above 5 IMO, hasn't failed me yet.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Ataxianwhat kind change.rotten egg taste out of my mouth. FC!!!!to buy one?
BTW - did I hear someone say they didn't like the flavor of wax? Find a new supplier my friend or PM if you make your own. You may be doing something wrong as I've had many waxes that taste incredible.
I prefer shatters or crumble but wax is fine with me. :D

I love SHATTER, HONEYCOMB (BLONDE) Triple PURGED!
My wax taste amazing.
Only tight Sugar trim or COLAS are used.
When done correctly as you imply flavor is never an issue!

By the way:

I absolutely love your water pipe!

Tom Funk

Yeah I have been starting with 2 lately as well, think extra dry herb is helping in getting better vapor at all heat levels for me.

I start with 2 and keep going up one notch at a time. Im thinking this is why I get so much out of a bowl

58% humidity Boveda/Humidipaks are great for both long term storage and having your material ready to vape. These are sold by Rico Reeds for long term saxophone and clarinet reed storage. They are probably better for vaping vs smoking than the 62% ones that CVault use. They kept my lemon/pine smelling herb like new for 9+ months and gave me big first hits on my T1.

TF

olivianewtonjohn

58% humidity Boveda/Humidipaks are great for both long term storage and having your material ready to vape. These are sold by Rico Reeds for long term saxophone and clarinet reed storage. They are probably better for vaping vs smoking than the 62% ones that CVault use. They kept my lemon/pine smelling herb like new for 9+ months and gave me big first hits on my T1.

TF
Nice! Right now whats working for me is keeping my stuff in jyarz (I never have more than an eighth at a time). If anything is too moist then I just leave it out. Its been working very good for me especially if you keep in mind the small amounts I use (need a small container); if I start to have problems I will keep your setup in mind.

olivianewtonjohn

IDK maybe im a weirdo lol. But I always go all the way to 7 whether I am using the stock stem, PVHE stem, or through water. The higher heat of 7 doesnt really bother me, what bothers me is moving up in levels to fast and getting too much vapor (I cough). This works for me anyways since I like getting the most efficient usage of a bowl. It actually became like a game to me weighing out ridiculously small amounts in a milligram scale to see how low I can go while getting the desired effects. Funny how our usage differs.

Last edited:

530rasta

So when i cover the bottom holes on my solo and suck it greatly reduces my ability to move air, therefore i have to assume that much of the air path comes up from the bottom, around the battery and the wiring/electronis, past the heater thing and the glue under neath the heated bowl, and then into the bowl then up into the stem into the lungs.

i am throwing down my cloud money tomorrow and am going to sit the solo down for a while. ...

530rasta,
Top Bottom