Arizer Solo

The High Cyde

Got my PNWT in the mail today, but it has a crack on the inner-most tube. Can you guys see it?

tumblr_mvifrqKbbr1ruocxao1_500.jpg

But the damn thing works like a charm! :D

tumblr_mvifejCzOv1ruocxao1_500.jpg

tumblr_mvifgmEX9w1ruocxao1_500.jpg

This thing is legit! Love this setup.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Made a video of the fault for reference (and proof for eBay seller if needed).

I had the same with my Silver and Black one.
Change the Battery of the defective one and works perfect.

Some of the internet sales can be a bit iffy!

My two units I used all the time.
I highly doubt I will need to buy another.

I have one of TIM'S PA's and a "OF's JAMSECO PA.
Do you have a PA?
Got my PNWT in the mail today, but it has a crack on the inner-most tube. Can you guys see it?

You have the 14mm GonG?

PHVES?

ataxian,

The High Cyde

Do you have a PA?

You have the 14mm GonG?

PHVES?
Yes to both

The High Cyde,
Reactions: ataxian

Zorbak

tumblr_mvifrqKbbr1ruocxao1_500.jpg

tumblr_mvifejCzOv1ruocxao1_500.jpg

tumblr_mvifgmEX9w1ruocxao1_500.jpg

That's a bummer about the crack, but if it doesn't leak, you should be fine for a long time. These PNWtubes are pretty damn strong as I've found dropping it.

Sekt0r

I received my PNWT last week, unfortunately it leaks/drips out the bottom, couldn't see any noticeable crack in it. Have sent it back for an exchange.

Sekt0r,

GSH

On a Möbius plane

Do you have a PA?

You have the 14mm GonG?

PHVES?
Thanks @ataxian but I have switched out the batteries with my older Solo and still the problem persists. I have one of Pipes PAs.

The ebay seller (goodgets_uk) has agreed to exchange it.

GSH,
Reactions: ataxian

ch1ll1ng

A bit too baked and a bit too tired to write a proper review but I just received my Solo today and wanted to contribute a few thoughts.

This thing is amazing. I am extremely impressed both with how well it functions and how well it's built. I almost feel like I'm hitting a desktop vape and the aluminum body feels solid and durable in my hand. I was afraid the Solo might run hot and possibly cause combustion but no, not at all. Running it at 3 to 5 has nicely browned flowers and nowhere near burned them. Reading about the temp range before I shouldn't have been surprised but you never know. It's also nice to know that it's designed and assembled in Canada. From the packaging to the product itself everything feels of quality and as if there was care and thought put into every little detail.

I was borrowing a friend's LB for about three weeks and while I respect what it offers it just didn't fit my needs. The solo almost feels like I'm walking around with a desktop vape. Now I just have to get a few choice PVHES stems, a Mobius Ion Matrix, a nail to go with it and I'm good. :)

I purchased it on eBay from an authorized distributor for about $140. The model number is M1B.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
It takes a little setup if you don't want to lose or drop them when loading and unloading the bowl but to me the less of it clogging up the stem and my mouth with bits the better.

I use them differently than you do.

I place a glass screen on the stainless steel bowl side to keep direct contact off the flower.
1/2" SS Screen I use on the draw side to filter.

Now I only do this sometimes.

I mostly just use the 1/2" SS Screens. (Cheap and they work fine)

The glass ones I loose all the time.

Last edited:

eln00b

I've been looking at these different glass screens for a bit now. Do they make much of a difference vs the SS screens? Is it for taste or vapor production...?

Anxiously awaiting my PNWT. This will be my first time water vaping... can't wait to give this a try.

eln00b,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I've been looking at these different glass screens for a bit now. Do they make much of a difference vs the SS screens? Is it for taste or vapor production...?

Anxiously awaiting my PNWT. This will be my first time water vaping... can't wait to give this a try.
Stay with the SS screens 1/2".

The hits are soft with the glass screens.
Get them latter.
No hurry.

However the SS screens are a must to prevent particulates from entering your mouth!

eln00b

Stay with the SS screens 1/2".

The hits are soft with the glass screens.
Get them latter.
No hurry.

However the SS screens are a must to prevent particulates from entering your mouth!

Oh yea.. The SS screens are without a doubt a requirement. Have yet to get a proper domed screen going though. I should get on that...

CArussell

Can someone help me here: I bought an Arizer Solo a month ago and the thing just barely draws. I have it set to 5 and I feel like I'm sucking really hard and getting almost nothing. The leaves in there get browned so it's definitely vaporizing. This is so frustrating. Are there any obvious mistakes newbies make that I might be making?

CArussell,
Reactions: OF

Hexi

Wow, who needs to go farther than 5. My stuff was almost burning as I overkilled my bowl yesterday, by accident(noob). This giving me some combustion and nausea, the abv was almost charred. But I think I'm getting to know my level. This thing is insane, I can't wait to sandwich some concentrates. May everybody stay toasty ;).

The Solo doesn't combust. The temp doesn't go high enough for combustion and there is no flame.
I use them differently than you do.

I place a glass screen on the stainless steel bowl side to keep direct contact off the flower.
1/2" SS Screen I use on the draw side to filter.

Now I only do this sometimes.

I mostly just use the 1/2" SS Screens. (Cheap and they work fine)

The glass ones I loose all the time.

Awesome idea, glass on the stainless steel part! I'm going to try that myself tonight, but my screens are 3/8 :(

Hexi,

eln00b

Can someone help me here: I bought an Arizer Solo a month ago and the thing just barely draws. I have it set to 5 and I feel like I'm sucking really hard and getting almost nothing. The leaves in there get browned so it's definitely vaporizing. This is so frustrating. Are there any obvious mistakes newbies make that I might be making?

Are you possibly packing it too tight?

Which stem are you using? The increased airflow from the PVHES from planetvape makes the draw much easier.

You should be seeing some serious vapor on 5.

530rasta

Anything more than 5 is overkill.

If i have a cold or throat issues I go down to 2 and even then it works awesome

530rasta,

CArussell

I bought a wooden stem but then just tried using the glass ones it came with. Am I doing it wrong? I don't use any of the other small pieces, just one of the thin glass pipes. I pack the end and stick it into the Solo.

CArussell,
Reactions: Snappo

530rasta

make sure you draw slowly but powerful, then inhale!

most new users i share the solo with dont inhale. i tell them inhale, then inhale again

also you said 'leaves" , perhaps using osme broken up nugget or some hash would up your thc intake a bit

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

Last edited by a moderator:
530rasta,
Reactions: eln00b

SlinginPaint

As Above ∞ So Below
Am I doing it wrong? I don't use any of the other small pieces, just one of the thin glass pipes. I pack the end and stick it into the Solo.

It seems airflow is the issue.

Try this: Insert the glass stem all the way. Now, very gingerly grab the top of the glass stem and tilt it to one side. This breaks the full seal around the Stainless Steel Bowl and the glass stem base. You could also try backing the glass stem out JUST A TINY BIT to allow for more airflow. I have found this to be key in getting solid hits.

OF

This is so frustrating. Are there any obvious mistakes newbies make that I might be making?

Sorry you're having troubles, but that's an excellent question! Most guys seem to assume it can't be them, they must "have a bad one" (even though the evidence that such units are rare indeed).

Yes, there are several popular new guy problems you may be repeating. First off, you want to be loading bud, not "leaf" in there. There's only a tiny mass in the load, the THC content has to be rich or you run the risk of not having enough good stuff available. Try a load or two of the best herb you can get. Dig for a prime nug or two?

Next it has to be well cured. Favor the 'over dry side' of things here. You want it to crumble in your fingertips.

Then grind it up at least 'medium'. Solo will do intact buds once you're up to speed, but for now go for every advantage you can get. Pack it snug enough so you notice some restriction over an empty bowl, not a whole lot bit if you sense none, put a bit more in.

Let it sit 'at temperature' a minute or two before hitting. Remember, heat makes it into the load through conduction (which means time). You won't get full production until the glass of the stem is hot on the inside as well as the outside. Only then can the herb near it reach the magic temperature.

Hit it slow and steady. There is no cherry, skills you learned in blazing are not only not appropriate here, but work against you. Vapor can only form so fast, take it as it comes, unlike blazing where you get more fire and therefore heat with harder hits. Here you get red in the face and thinner hits for all the huffing and puffing.

Don't judge the high by your blazing experience, they're not the same. A large part of 'getting off' when blazing is your body's understandable reaction to sucking all that nasty stuff in. You can (and do) get a rush off that alone that your mind links to getting high. It may take days or weeks of vaping only (don't cheat and blaze or you get to start over.....) to break that link, once that happens very very few go back.

Stick with it, it's worth getting on board. You can save money on your weed bill, savor the taste and other fine points of the herb and live longer enjoying it......not a bad combination.

Best wishes.

OF

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

You are pulling too hard. It is designed to work best with a gentle draw. Anything that opens up the airflow (like tilting your stem or the PVHES) decreases your vapour to air ratio. The result is somewhat thinner vapour, if that matters to you. Try a series of gentle puffs. Using ground dry material helps.

Top Bottom