Arizer Solo

OF

Like I said a few posts ago it depends on what you are going to want as extras. If you don't want any then if you live in the usa get it from puffitup as he treats us well. If you want extras then go to PV. If you don't care about service you can get it a little cheaper on evilbay.

Just to add to the Lady's (usual) excellent advice, both PIU and PV have discount codes for $160 shipped (at least I think they both do). Don't be afraid of PV being in Canada, it really doesn't hurt....or surprisingly delay things much at all. Randy's fast too, but I wouldn't want to bet who's faster to the East Coast. Both are top drawer IMO, I've bought from both and enjoyed fast Customer Support in the rare cases it was needed.

The free chips from PV are a nice change from packing you can't eat (much better than the usual Styrofoam noodles.

OF

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
My review of the F-Bomb wasn't solid enough? Rude lil thang aren't you?

edit: perhaps for it to be "solid" I need to be negative and whiny?

You know what, I'm retracting my statement. Most of the time I spend on FC is helping others. Finding members that truly need direction to choose the right vape or accessory. I've spent lot's of time in PM walking people through their experiences as a new vaporyst.

That's why comments like yours bother me so much. Do you think I see every single thing that hit's this thread. I most likely missed it but all this being said, I think I'll frequent the solo thread a little less, in fact maybe I should just ignore the vaporizer threads all together and let members like sir, those who know it all take over.

I mean shit, what does 3 years and almost 3000 posts mean anyway right?

By guy's - those that need me please feel free to PM me. I don't know enough to keep up with the solo thread.

Last edited:

Vaporito

I had great luck with allstarvape dot com when I purchase the classic Davinci. so I ordered the Black Solo (latest model or so they said) last night for $139 including shipping. ;-)

already have a tracking number (free shipping).

Kind of sad but funny seeing so many people move from the ascent thread to this one.

Too bad the original DV is rock solid... and the ascent should have been a huge improvement.

Oh well, at least thanks to the ascent thread, I got directed to this thread and the much touted Solo...

Last edited:

Seren

Away with the fairies
I've recently purchased a power adapter for my solo - I don't know why I didn't do so sooner - it's great for when friends visit! The only slight negative about using it is that when it's plugged in you can't stand the Solo upright, it has to be placed on its side between uses. Ok, so this isn't a major issue and doesn't affect its function in any way, but I would prefer to stand the unit up, to avoid scratching it for one. Flicking back through this thread I noticed one FC member has used a 3D printer to create a docking system for use with the power adapter which addresses this design issue. I'm just wondering if any of you know of any stores selling a similar product that I can get my hands on?

:peace:

Last edited:

vakedcow

Gentle cow vaper and halloween kiddo
uploading my first vid took more time than making it... youtube app insisted I don't have a channel yet but of course in the browser all was well :doh: I can imagine now why nobody has uploaded one yet :lol:

enjoy:
Temp setting 5 iirc
it's a great piece and I really like the effect

samirfuzzywuzzy

The F-bomb works amazing! But its just a piece of glass with out the almighty SOLO. Get any piece of cheap glass and start enjoying your SOLO now (thats whats important). Loving my SOLO all day everyday for the last 3 months and no looking back. Check out ataxian's post for some amazing glass ideas!!!

Seren

Away with the fairies
LADIES- when you put your Solo in your purse, do you put it in a pouch? Can you recommend any soft pouches websites? :peace:

My Solo usually resides in a vapecase: http://www.vapecase.com/

But these look rather neat for when out and about:

http://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/125399096/hemp-padded-pipe-pouch-with-wood-burned?ref=exp_listing

https://dimebagsstorage.com/?product=10-inch-padded-pipe-pouch-2

The dime bags come in lots of sizes by the look of it. I'm not so sure about the hemp one with the tree design though - but they're hand made, so I'm guessing it's possible to have one made to order!?

OF

Most of the time I spend on FC is helping others. Finding members that truly need direction to choose the right vape or accessory.

That's why comments like yours bother me so much.

By guy's - those that need me please feel free to PM me. I don't know enough to keep up with the solo thread.

Brother, as the sage says, "ne illegitimi non carborundrum". Despite the bad lighting in your avitar photo (which is otherwise a great likeness IMO) you've definitely got a white hat here, no doubt in my tiny little mind. I get the insult, I feel much the same way when such abusive BS comes my way from those I suspect have other issues going on as well?

Not to worry, most of us have no trouble seeing who's helping folks. Surely the guy (and gals) you've helped know who did what and why. Forget the 3 years and 3000 posts part, check out the 8,000 likes! That's a track record to be proud of, and then some.

I'm sorry to see you take a time out, I hope it's a sort one, good people will pay the price here since they will be deprived of your help as a result of what my Grandmother might term a tantrum? I know nobody asked me who we should vote off the island, but if they did it sure wouldn't be you......and I'm quite sure I'm not alone there.

We'll keep a chair in the cheap seats warm for you. Thanks very much for what you do here....and elsewhere.

Best wishes. Catch you on more civil forums until the air clears some around here?

Camera pouches are great!

Agreed. My favorite case is a Samsonite Brand (of all things) 'old school' camera case. It won't, however, fit in any of my purses.

OF

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
@ Seren, shit I forgot what I am suppose to answer...oh yea...the 3D stand I have is special made and can be made for you if you want to go that way. I have one for PA mode. I also have the ones he sells on ebay that are square for charging standing up. If you search the tread a bit more you will find pipes made one out of wood I believe and someone from Europe, I am trying to remember who and will let you know so you can search, made one with a spray paint can cover and a weight. He just cut a hole and walla. It is easy to do a diy if you don't care to much about looks. You will need a cord extender.

MVAPES you fuckin' asshole...get your ass back here. Wait till I get home later I am going to curse you out up and down with a whip in the FU thread...I hope you are waiting with antici.....say it....pation.

Seren

Away with the fairies
Thanks very much for the info Dreamerr :)

I just tried searching for the charging stand on ebay but couldn't find it - any suggestions on what they might be called on there please?

I'll have a look back through this thread again, as the wooden one sounds really interesting - I do love a bit of wood ;) :D

Funnily enough I came across the vid for the DIY stand before posting earlier, it's great, very Blue Peter-esque:

.... but I hate to admit, when it comes to aesthetics I'm very shallow - I do tend to prefer pretty things :leaf:

GSH

On a Möbius plane
I've recently purchased a power adapter for my solo - I don't know why I didn't do so sooner - it's great for when friends visit! The only slight negative about using it is that when it's plugged in you can't stand the Solo upright, it has to be placed on its side between uses. Ok, so this isn't a major issue and doesn't affect its function in any way, but I would prefer to stand the unit up, to avoid scratching it for one. Flicking back through this thread I noticed one FC member has used a 3D printer to create a docking system for use with the power adapter which addresses this design issue. I'm just wondering if any of you know of any stores selling a similar product that I can get my hands on?

Adding to Dreamerr's post, this is the ebay link for the 3D printed docks...I have one on the way myself.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Charging-...t=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item3a7ef1a87f

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
Thanks very much for the info Dreamerr :)

I just tried searching for the charging stand on ebay but couldn't find it - any suggestions on what they might be called on there please?

I'll have a look back through this thread again, as the wooden one sounds really interesting - I do love a bit of wood ;) :D

Funnily enough I came across the vid for the DIY stand before posting earlier, it's great, very Blue Peter-esque:

.... but I hate to admit, when it comes to aesthetics I'm very shallow - I do tend to prefer pretty things :leaf:

you mean this......
http://www.ebay.com/itm/25123786969...eName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Stthings

Thanks GSH & mmenzie :tup: - absolutely loving the variety of colours you can choose from! Decisions, decisions ..... :)
Can anyone enlighten me as to whether or not the Power Adapter is a good buy? I'm also thinking about the Solo Vape Case. Any reviews? I've been chatting with Randy from Puffitup and my god, he's got my business. Such a difference from what I've been dealing with recently.

Hexi

Planet Vapes is currently sold out of both black and silver solos FYI. (they have that nice lil Ftube and GonG)

Why is there a choice of 18mm and 14mm for the Solo GonGs? Fbomb says it's designed for 14mm so 18mm is for your own glass or something?

My thought is 14mm shorty with the Fbomb, that + stock Arizer Solo is all I need yes?
  • PVHEGonG 18MM
  • PVHEGonG 18MM Shorty
  • PVHEGonG 18MM Turbo (+$1.50)
  • PVHEGonG 18MM Shorty Turbo (+$1.50)
  • PVHEGonG 14MM
  • PVHEGonG 14MM Shorty
  • PVHEGonG 14MM Turbo (+$1.50)
  • PVHEGonG 14MM Shorty Turbo (+$1.50)
PVHEGonG Features:
  • same bowl size as a standard stem
  • micro channel technology
  • multiple air entry points
PVHEGonG Shorty
  • 30% smaller bowl size
  • overall adapter length remains unchanged from non shorty
Turbo Option
  • Large Single Bore with a glass rim to hold the required screen

Last edited:

fluffhead

Recovering Idealist
Can anyone enlighten me as to whether or not the Power Adapter is a good buy?

The usefulness of the PA depends on how much you will be using the solo near a plug. I use mine inside all of the time and I find that the PA is very useful. I rarely need to charge and before I got the PA I was charging often. Also, from what I have read it heats up more quickly but I never tested that myself.

Stthings

The usefulness of the PA depends on how much you will be using the solo near a plug. I use mine inside all of the time and I find that the PA is very useful. I rarely need to charge and before I got the PA I was charging often. Also, from what I have read it heats up more quickly but I never tested that myself.
Okay, so that's probably a must buy. What about the case? It would be pretty convenient, and it would keep all the glass safe...

Stthings,
Reactions: Seren

OF

Gentle Friends,

I bought myself a new toy. A temperature meter (dual channel K type thermocouple reader for those taking notes....). I got two types of probes, 3 inch or so long, 1/8 diameter stainless steel jacketed and fine wire spot weld (about .010 diameter). The latter is 'fast responding' due to lack of jacket.

So I stuffed one of the TC probes down into the bottom of the bowl of a handy Solo (M1A), packed it in with cotton and let fly for a quick 'look see'.

First off, temperature, as you might expect if you thought a bit, is a moving target in real time. The meter updates maybe twice a second? And the temperature of the Solo is rising and falling as the heater cycles. The net result is watching the numbers makes you dizzy. So, below, is a 'fairly good guess' at what's happening. The low temperature is harder to spot (seems to change faster). It's also fun to note that the bowl temperature 'lags' some. That is it continues to fall for several seconds (and five or more degrees) after the heater comes on. And likewise 'coasts up' several degrees higher after the heater shuts down. Fans of Thermodynamics (both of you) are no doubt nodding up and down in a knowing way, the rest can scratch their heads and wonder what the strange fascination with 'heat flow' is all about.....most will just ignore it, being smarter than the other two groups.

Anyway, some numbers (give or take) for your speculation, in parentheses is what I think the official temperature for that range is:

Step 2: 300 to 310F (365)

Step 4: 345 to 360F (383)
Step 5: 365 to 380F (392)
Step 6: 385 to 400F (401)
Step 7: 405 to 420F (410)

Again, the numbers are rounded off, but IMO clearly show about 20 degrees F per step, not the 9 Arizer says? And while there's a pretty close match at the top end, the bottom is way off, IMO more in line with what you'd expect really?

I'll be poking at this some as the spirit moves. First step is to check the calibration of my four TC (two of each, the meter does deltas....). Boiling and ice water should do nicely there.

The meter also has a somewhat cumbersome Min, Max and Average function. Some night when I'm really bored I'll do a longer run or two at each step and let the gadget collect more refined data. For now, I think it's plenty accurate to fuel lots of speculation?

OF

BubbaGump

Camera pouches are great!

Probably don't know shit about cameras, either ........! ;)

Hate to see you take a hiatus just on account of this, considering how much you contribute. If I had a penny for all the smart ass comments made here.... well, you know. You just have to blow it off. It's a part off online threads and you can't do shit about it. Fuck 'em, you know whom your friends are. ( I think that's practically everybody!). You were one of the posters that actually inspired me to get off my lurking ass and post. Not to mention the entertainment you've provided. If I was able, I'd paint my toes and caption that my toe gang was heading over to kick your finger gangs' asses if you go. Take your breather. You'll be back, I just know it. If not, your gonna wake up some day in bed with a bunch of bloody severed fingers next to your pillow a'la the Godfather! Of course, I won't know anything about that. :nope:

Peace Brother

Last edited:
Top Bottom