Arizer Solo

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Just remember it shouldn't be expensive. If it is then he should try to return it as they sold him old product which also means older battery.

Stthings

I'm thinking about buying a solo. Why a solo over any other portable. Also, besides portability, is a solo or extreme q a more beneficial investment?

Stthings,
Reactions: Seren

Dreamerr

Ya he spent $170 on it. Too much I'm guessing?

Yea, that is a hard choice cause from our retailers where you will have to go to get the rest of the toys they are 160.

@ Stthings, you can't go wrong with a solo as long as you give yourself time to learn it. You are coming off the ascent train so at the moment nothing is going to be up to par after a let down.

sasNW

For at home I cannot imagine a solo touching the extreme q. If portability didn't matter I wouldn't hesitate about getting an extreme q. I've had mine about 4 years of strong use, and never stopped loving it. And never had a single issue, vaped atleast a pound through it and its only developed the occasional whistle.

I haven't hit my buddies solo yet but the q with its true convection so it will be more efficient with your bud

Thanks dreamer, ya I think in gonna bring it out tomorrow and if I'm really happy with it ill just buy it off him. I'm a bit impatient so $20 to have it now is worth it IMO. I hope it works out tomorrow, I want this damn thing

Stthings

Yea, that is a hard choice cause from our retailers where you will have to go to get the rest of the toys they are 160.

@ Stthings, you can't go wrong with a solo as long as you give yourself time to learn it. You are coming off the ascent train so at the moment nothing is going to be up to par after a let down.
Is it hyped up or is it actually that good? It seems like everyone raves about the solo.

Stthings,

sasNW

I still haven't hit one yet so take this for what it's worth. But IMO its been out too long for it to still be hyped, that's why I want one as well. I waited for the ascent and ya we all know how that is going as of now. And since I want something now I wanted something fc tested and fc approved:tup:

Stthings

I still haven't hit one yet so take this for what it's worth. But IMO its been out too long for it to still be hyped, that's why I want one as well. I waited for the ascent and ya we all know how that is going as of now. And since I want something now I wanted something fc tested and fc approved:tup:
Yeah, I'm waiting for an RMA so I can send the Ascent back :/. I mean, what other respected portables are out there? MFLB, but that doesn't hit like a solo from what I hear. Is there any other portables I should take a look at?

Stthings,

natural farmer

No, mica is a mineral. A rock, you dig it up. It flakes off in layers. You'll find it in some toasters and hair dryers and so on due to it's ability to handle heat well. It's used in 'windows' in home and industrial heater fire boxes in fact since it's translucent. It's used to face the face of the Vapman (factory finished version).

Here's some photos:
https://www.google.com/search?q=mic...hO4iwigKR2YDQDg&ved=0CEkQsAQ&biw=1400&bih=904

It's not a thermoplastic, it won't mold since it won't melt. The heater parts are molded. You're taking about plastic, not some rock. Made of stuff like Calcium, Sodium and so on, but no Hydrogen, Oxygen or Carbon (the major parts of plastics). From a material science POV they're about as dissimilar as they come really.

AFAIK there's no Mica in Solo, for sure it's not making up the body of the heater.

As far as where the air comes in, next time you're investigating, blow gently down into the heater top (you don't even have to do more than unscrew the cover). Follow the airflow, it'll take you right to the (relatively) huge hole the four wires (two from the heater, two from the sensor) use to go through the floor plate to the PCB. You can see it clearly from below, between the screws, opposite one of the clips. Air gets sucked in that hole, about half the total near as I can tell? Any gaps are insignificant IMO.

OF

A quick forum search brought up Arizer's responce about the materials from January 2012:

For everyone concerned about the plastic in the Solo. I emailed Arizer about the airpath, and this is what Kevin said.

Hello Damien,

Thank you for your email. Materials used are a mica/ceramic insulating material, mica/glass for housing and contact points, pps with a very high concentration of glass fiber, and the stainless steel heater.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards,
Kevin
Arizer Tech
service@arizer.com

Was Kevin BSing Damien back then?

As for the airflow... Next time I open it up, we'll talk about it again, with pics and staff! ;)

sasNW

The inhalater xp is the other choice IMO. I was torn between that and the solo. But the solo seems to have kinda fallen on my lap. I've done a lot of forum stalking on the 2 and here is what I've come up with.

Inhalater-
Stealthier
Unrestricted air flow
But I personally am not a fan of the capsule they use for a bowl.
Seems to produce clouds on par with the solo.
But the taste has constantly been reviewed as not great.

Also has a hit and miss reliability track record, like all newish vaped.

Solo-
Not as stealthy
Best taste out of any real portable to date (debatable)
Known for being very efficient with your herb.
Reliable!!!!

Both give clouds and are easy to clean.

From what I've read as long as you can get away with the little less stealthiness then the solo is the way to go. I'm very very suprised by how small the solo is. I though the base would e the size of a soda can. But the base is more the size of a skinny red bull can.
All of this is the random opinion of some guy (me) online having read a bunch more random people's words. So take it for what you will

Stthings

The inhalater xp is the other choice IMO. I was torn between that and the solo. But the solo seems to have kinda fallen on my lap. I've done a lot of forum stalking on the 2 and here is what I've come up with.

Inhalater-
Stealthier
Unrestricted air flow
But I personally am not a fan of the capsule they use for a bowl.
Seems to produce clouds on par with the solo.
But the taste has constantly been reviewed as not great.

Also has a hit and miss reliability track record, like all newish vaped.

Solo-
Not as stealthy
Best taste out of any real portable to date (debatable)
Known for being very efficient with your herb.
Reliable!!!!

Both give clouds and are easy to clean.

From what I've read as long as you can get away with the little less stealthiness then the solo is the way to go. I'm very very suprised by how small the solo is. I though the base would e the size of a soda can. But the base is more the size of a skinny red bull can.
All of this is the random opinion of some guy (me) online having read a bunch more random people's words. So take it for what you will
What about the NO2? And from where did you buy your solo? Aromatek has super cheap prices compared to every other website. I don't know why there would be almost an $100 difference...

Last edited:
Stthings,

OF

Materials used are a mica/ceramic insulating material, mica/glass for housing and contact points, pps with a very high concentration of glass fiber, and the stainless steel heater.

As for the airflow... Next time I open it up, we'll talk about it again, with pics and staff! ;)

Great news, so ground mica is used as a filler in both the cement and the plastic, along with glass fiber? Makes sense given the temperature. It would be fully encapsulated, not subject to sluffing off like in Vapman.

By all means look for the hole for the leads, and the gap above the cup. Like I said you can test it simply by blowing into the top of the heater, there's not much restriction really. Air still has to get down past the stem, of course but a lot of that air seems to come up from below, and through that gap.

Thanks.

OF

OF,

sasNW

Well I'm officially on the solo team:smug: My buddies finished charging at my place since I picked it up for tomorrow. Just had a quick session with some blue god.

Very very impressed with the solo. Way more efficient then my buddies pax that made me want a portable. Pretty baked off one packed bowl and I'm a heavy smoker/vaper. Also suprised that the lack of airflow didn't annoy me.

Thinking this is gonna stay with me after tomorrow. Only thing I'm worried about is the bowl chipping. Is it unhealthy if this happens?

sasNW,

Ice

@Hexi it depends what you are going to do with it. If you want to go usa get it from puffitup or if you want to go cheaper go to ebay. There are no gongs or hes stems stateside unless you have a glass blower willing to make it for you. There are some people in this thread that did it themselves. Some made pvhes type stems and someone even used the aroma bowl to make a longer stem. You can connect to water with tubing to your standard stock stem with no issue. If you want no tubing you can just put a smidge on the outside of your glass just to make a tight connection. You have many options it is just whether or not you want to spend money. If you think you are going to get all the toys then you may as well go to PV right away and get it all at once and no shipping charges cause it will be over the amount and you will fall into free shipping. No matter what I would get a PA whether it be a stock one or the ones offered by the guys here or the jameco one.

Excuse me for my lack of lingo knowledge...I get that PA means Power Adapter right? With that said, what exactly are we talking about? I understand that there is stock stems, PVHE stems, GonG connections, and water tools. Am I missing anything else, when people say PA here do they mean the GonG connections. If not, then what PA...ugh I don't get it.

If you could shine light on this for me I would appreciate it.

I purchased a solo today and I want to buy the quality pieces that enhance the efficiency/functionality and overall experience of my future solo. At this moment I only plan to buy one of these improved stems, though maybe I could be persuaded further.

Ice,
Reactions: Krizzle

Prof77

I haven't heard anything great about the F - Bomb, I'm looking forward to a solid review.
My review of the F-Bomb wasn't solid enough? Rude lil thang aren't you?

edit: perhaps for it to be "solid" I need to be negative and whiny?

Mod note: We have a "be nice" rule here. All members must be treated in a respectful and adult manner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prof77,

Dreamerr

I think most of the questions where answered but a few were missed so let's see if I can fill in the gaps.
The solo to me is one of the best vapes but like all vapes it isn't perfect. It is the size of a redbull can and if you do a cup mod it is very stealthy but there are people like me who can't be bothered. I use my solo as my house vape and it rocks hard. As far as we know the chipping wasn't dangerous but who is really to say. Personally I couldn't care less cause I am going to die at some point anyhow. Damn dreamerr are you in a mood:rofl:.

The PA is a power adapter so you can use your solo while plugged in and save a lot of battery life. Mine is always plugged in when I am using it unless I go outside and then I melt anyhow.

As poonman will tell you if you want to start off without spending a shitload of money on the PV stems just get those silicone ecig tops and they work great...omicron condoms then you will be all set.:lmao:

I think I got the missing pieces if not try again.

Stthings

I think most of the questions where answered but a few were missed so let's see if I can fill in the gaps.
The solo to me is one of the best vapes but like all vapes it isn't perfect. It is the size of a redbull can and if you do a cup mod it is very stealthy but there are people like me who can't be bothered. I use my solo as my house vape and it rocks hard. As far as we know the chipping wasn't dangerous but who is really to say. Personally I couldn't care less cause I am going to die at some point anyhow. Damn dreamerr are you in a mood:rofl:.

The PA is a power adapter so you can use your solo while plugged in and save a lot of battery life. Mine is always plugged in when I am using it unless I go outside and then I melt anyhow.

As poonman will tell you if you want to start off without spending a shitload of money on the PV stems just get those silicone ecig tops and they work great...omicron condoms then you will be all set.:lmao:

I think I got the missing pieces if not try again.
Are these chipping problems only an issue with older units? As well, what's the whole deal with the PV stems?

Stthings,

Dreamerr

The chips are from early models only cause they had a ceramic crucible instead of the now stainless steel.
The PV stems give you better airflow and it really just depends what you end up liking. For example if you read the last few pages you would see people singing the praises of the turbo stems and I hate them. If you go to the planetvape.com site it will tell you what each stem is. The have channels along the side which give more airflow and the turbo is one big ass hole. If you use the cheap mod omi tip you will get an idea of what the PVHES regular will be like.

Lizard King

Last night, a small earthquake killed my PVHES straight stem (2 weeks old) and my stock bent stem, along with a bottle of Bombay Saphire. I'm a bit upset (with myself more than anything). Luckily, my stock straight stem survived, along with a bottle of Smirnoff.

Last edited:

Stthings

The chips are from early models only cause they had a ceramic crucible instead of the now stainless steel.
The PV stems give you better airflow and it really just depends what you end up liking. For example if you read the last few pages you would see people singing the praises of the turbo stems and I hate them. If you go to the planetvape.com site it will tell you what each stem is. The have channels along the side which give more airflow and the turbo is one big ass hole. If you use the cheap mod omi tip you will get an idea of what the PVHES regular will be like.
Ahhhh, thanks for the explanation. Any opinion on where the best place to buy a solo is?

Stthings,

Dreamerr

Like I said a few posts ago it depends on what you are going to want as extras. If you don't want any then if you live in the usa get it from puffitup as he treats us well. If you want extras then go to PV. If you don't care about service you can get it a little cheaper on evilbay.

olivianewtonjohn

Ahhhh, thanks for the explanation. Any opinion on where the best place to buy a solo is?
If your in the US then puffitup is good (cali) since if you have a warranty problem you can deal with them directly and not have to ship to Canada. Another retailer that people seem to like is planet vape but they are in canada so if your in the US its like sending the vape to arizer directly. Another option is ebay just make sure they have good feedback and hopefully do warranty service themselves. IF they dont then you could always send it to arizer.

olivianewtonjohn,
Reactions: NoName
Top Bottom