Arizer Solo

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
US Plug included. Us Canucks can use it too. The rest of the world will need to get it themselves for now. But it's the standard plug type on the supply side.
And I already have your addy OF.

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Pipes for us morons are you going to make an instructional video? I know I need one badly for my phone which I am having problems getting to work they way I want it to. Also I assume all the testers are knowledgeable about this kind of stuff like you and OF correct?

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Dreamer, you need to hook it up BEFORE the moron status which comes AFTER the session.
Yes, I've been working on an instruction sheet. Guess a video wouldn't hurt.
As for your phone, that's one device I have a hard time figuring out, that and bluetooth seem to hate me. Or is it I try to do stuff that is always not recommended.....?
Picking the testers is not always best to pick people who are not into electronics as typical user's input is very valuable. Things like, the cord could be longer because......or that thing a cabob gets mighty hot. Even thinner or thicker wire would be better because........used for 10 straight sessions and cord is warmer than normal.
All good stuff.
Basic functionality is already proven. The testing process incumbasis user friendly details and any hidden problems which may have been missed by my own testing and habits.

OF

Pipes for us morons are you going to make an instructional video? I know I need one badly for my phone which I am having problems getting to work they way I want it to. Also I assume all the testers are knowledgeable about this kind of stuff like you and OF correct?

A video wouldn't hurt, but there's really one one way to plug all the parts together and have nothing left over......

Hopefully at least some testers will be 'non educated users' (if that's the right expression?). You want testers that will abuse it and use it in abnormal ways. The idea is to find errors and omissions, and like any good science experiment useful data suffers when objectivity goes down. It's an axiom that you almost never get a result you weren't expecting. So you want the guy who's going to put it on Step 7 and run cycle after cycle without knowing Volts from Shineola on the list.......

OF

Han Solo

Guess which vape I got just before joining
You know, I'd been telling myself I wouldn't buy the PA/charger once it was finished. This isn't because I have anything against it, but I already have a PA and my charger works just fine. This looks damned slick, though, so I find myself reconsidering.

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Ya , I like the fact that you can charge it and use it at the same time .
and in your car too .

Well not at the same time but can use the same supply for both functions.

With a splitter this "might" be possible with two Solos. Never tested this. One on charge while one is been used with the step down in PA mode but definitely cannot split for two units in PA mode. The step down would go into shut down because of current draw.

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
You know, I'd been telling myself I wouldn't buy the PA/charger once it was finished. This isn't because I have anything against it, but I already have a PA and my charger works just fine. This looks damned slick, though, so I find myself reconsidering.
When you think about it, one has to wonder why the OEM didn't think of this themselves...it makes so much sense!

OF

When you think about it, one has to wonder why the OEM didn't think of this themselves...it makes so much sense!

It makes perfect sense to me from a 'manufacturing model' standpoint. The way they went about it, using COTS parts (Commercial, Off The Shelf), has proven advantage in the classic 'make or buy' decision. To make such a regulator opens up all the same issues Pipes (and others) face, design, procurement, assembly, test, and so on as opposed to just buying the 8.5 Volt supply they did, marking it up appropriately, and offering it to their customers who are interested.

I'm quite confident they did in fact consider such options, and for solid (to them) reasons went the way they did.

To have gone this route, they would have had to put a larger, more expensive charger in every Solo (to support PA mode for those who would later want it) raising the total price for everyone, something customers would object to if they knew?

Capitalism has given us another option in the market (hopefully), perhaps more than one in the end. This is, IMO, a good thing for customers. Choices in the market are good for us in many ways.

OF

michaelstone

ok today we have pics....sad sad pics :(

DhIj5L3.jpg

R0Ceh6A.jpg

michaelstone,
Reactions: Snappo

Snappo

Accessory Maker
Seems we've identified a common weakness in the Solo design. :ugh:

Snappo,

OF

Seems we've identified a common weakness in the Solo design. :ugh:

I'm not sure this is really a weakness in general terms, it's sure not all that widespread. There are probably what, several thousand Solos out there? It could well be a problem with the quality of some seals or something else.

The heater has a lifetime warranty. My assumption (yes, I know.....) is that would be the heater assembly since the heater itself is not serviceable at at a smaller level. Even so it's warrantied for two years as a 'non battery part' seems to me.

At this point I'd contact the maker and see if he wants to replace the top of the heater with the seal or the entire assembly?

OF

Snappo

Accessory Maker
Maybe the teflon used isn't the ideal material for a heat seal of this type. Just sayin:2c:

Snappo,

michaelstone

i got it march 6th. no clue how many times the stem has been inserted/removed. can't see it being extremely different than most.

michaelstone,
Reactions: OF

exit

So Omicron tips fit on PVHE stems, correct?
I wanna order a couple just for that reason if so...

exit,

poonman

Snappo

Accessory Maker
Snappo,
Reactions: poonman
Top Bottom