Arizer Solo

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
so after writing to PV to ask about my solo and the warranty i had left, this is what i got back:

We have spoken with Arizer directly and here is what they told us. The battery in your Solo is only under warranty for one year, but the rest of the solo has a 2 year warranty with a lifetime warranty on the heater itself. In order for Arizer to determine the cause of the light issue you will need to send your Solo to Arizer directly for testing. If it turns out to be the battery pack, it is not covered under the warranty any longer and you will have to pay a fee for the repair, if it is not the battery pack causing the issues it will be repaired / replaced under warranty.

so now they leave it up to me to "gamble" :shrug: here are my options for my still working but acting funny Solo

1) hold on to it and hope nothing is wrong and ignore the lights cost: nothing
2) send it in for warranty and find out its not the battery but something else cost: shipping charges
3) send it in for warranty and find out it is battery cost: shipping and repair

not too sure i like the options i am given. i may have to wait this one out :(
Have you used it for more than an hour or so, and then given it a full 4 hours on the charger...and then did it still keep working for a long time after that? If yes, then a clue is that IT WORKS! It heats and vapes! Therefore, NOT THE BATTERY!

I'm speculating of course, having no knowledge of batteries or electronics...zilch! Circuit board problem, maybe:shrug:...but that would be Good News, warranty-wise:tup:

Snappo,

exit

1) hold on to it and hope nothing is wrong and ignore the lights cost: nothing
2) send it in for warranty and find out its not the battery but something else cost: shipping charges
3) send it in for warranty and find out it is battery cost: shipping and repair

not too sure i like the options i am given. i may have to wait this one out :(

Like the posts above say if you can vape with it reliably, and the issue is only with the lights, then yes your battery is NOT the problem.

The most likely problem by far is that something messed up on the Solo's computer. I have seen many times before that embedded devices can get corrupt/stuck memory and behave bizarrely because of it.

If I were you I would send it back for a replacement. Take my word for it that it's not a battery problem at that point. In fact, if you can still vape with it, if I were you i would mail it back in with a note taped to the unit saying "the battery is okay and don't even check it". But that's just my :2c:

olivianewtonjohn

I had an old pvhe gong stem that worked great until my vape fell 1' on the carpet (bad luck). I bought a new PVHE gong and its horrible. Any ideas how to fix this? It flops around very lose, if you pull on it, the stem easily moves about .25-.5" where the stem is too lose and then it gets tighter towards the bowl. This is with an o-ring. Makes use very annoying since when its upside down in my water pipe I cant wiggle and lift up any more I have to grab the gong. There just seems to be alot of play. I emailed planet vape and they said each stem is hand made by arizer then modified so its apparently not their fault (they dont have a solo on hand to test fit them?). Anyways its annoying they will accept a return back but then I would have to pay more in shipping and also have to wait. IDK what I want to do at this point.

olivianewtonjohn,

exit

Do your other stems fit loose in it? You might just wanna try the trick to reseat the teflon ring if so

exit,

clouded vision

Heres a link to my free solo loose tube cure video
that trick has been floating around here for a little bit now but I don't think it will work for Olivia because he/she is already using an o-ring which puts pressure on the retaining ring all the time abd should be tighter than the original retaining ring anyway. I hate to say it but I think PV may be letting some slip though quality control in favor of increasing supply, I think this is the second one in a week that hasn't fit right even with the o-ring for someone.

MTB if you haven't tried the o-ring yet you really should, you won't ever have to use that trick again and you won't have to worry about it loosening up in the middle of am extended session

olivianewtonjohn

that trick has been floating around here for a little bit now but I don't think it will work for Olivia because he/she is already using an o-ring which puts pressure on the retaining ring all the time abd should be tighter than the original retaining ring anyway. I hate to say it but I think PV may be letting some slip though quality control in favor of increasing supply, I think this is the second one in a week that hasn't fit right even with the o-ring for someone.

MTB if you haven't tried the o-ring yet you really should, you won't ever have to use that trick again and you won't have to worry about it loosening up in the middle of am extended session
Yeah i guess so they keep insisting that a loose stem is common and not a defect even though I have never heard of it. They said it would be a defect if the stem was too big, sounds like they set their quality bar at the minimum level. I am not happy with PV right now this is ridiculous. Wish they got it right from the get go but it sounds like in their world an ill fitting stem is not defective only if the stem doesn't fit is the stem defective (which is the wrong way of thinking imo) .

OF

I'm surprised more people haven't picked up the microdabber for the solo?

I guess I'm at a loss here, I can't even find out what a 'microdabber' is? Sounds like some concentrate dabber only bitty. Can someone please post a link of something so I can get edijaked?

Thanks.

Yeah i guess so they keep insisting that a loose stem is common and not a defect even though I have never heard of it. They said it would be a defect if the stem was too big, sounds like they set their quality bar at the minimum level.

Actually it's pretty common. If you put "loose stem" in the search box, restrict it to this thread you get 10 pages, like 200 hits. It's not a secret not at all uncommon. Even tight fitting stems (they all seem to be so out of the box) go loose over time. The glass (presumably) is not getting smaller, the seal is most probably changing size. They have no control over our seal, but do offer the 'next best' fix (the high temperature o-ring) for free with their custom stems to try to lessen this.

I fully agree with you, a stem that doesn't fit is defective, but loose is a matter of degrees and they have offered to refund your money, right?

Good luck with it, but I use a ring precisely because some stems are tighter than others.

that's great,I have kept my new omicron hidden from my girlfriend for the past week for the same reason, every time something new shows up she gives me the look

There's a 'turnabout' counter to this.....start by keeping track of new shoes......

OF

clouded vision

I guess I'm at a loss here, I can't even find out what a 'microdabber' is? Sounds like some concentrate dabber only bitty. Can someone please post a link of something so I can get edijaked?

Thanks.

Actually it's pretty common. If you put "loose stem" in the search box, restrict it to this thread you get 10 pages, like 200 hits. It's not a secret not at all uncommon. Even tight fitting stems (they all seem to be so out of the box) go loose over time. The glass (presumably) is not getting smaller, the seal is most probably changing size. They have no control over our seal, but do offer the 'next best' fix (the high temperature o-ring) for free with their custom stems to try to lessen this.

I fully agree with you, a stem that doesn't fit is defective, but loose is a matter of degrees and they have offered to refund your money, right?

Good luck with it, but I use a ring precisely because some stems are tighter than others.

There's a 'turnabout' counter to this.....start by keeping track of new shoes......

OF
it's not shoes, it's Amazon and their one click shopping so I'm just waiting on her next shipment to show up (my luck it will be a gift for me so I'll still end up in the doghouse).

the micro dabber is a stem designed for concentrates, I dint remember the specifics about that particular one but it is basically Vitolo's method of using a dram bottle with a stem from the eclipse vape so the jar sits in the heater with the concentrate abd heats up then you stick the stem inside the jar to draw and take little mini dabs, hence the name microdabber. I dint think it's that popular because most would rather dab or get a pen

OF

it's not shoes, it's Amazon and their one click shopping so I'm just waiting on her next shipment to show up (my luck it will be a gift for me so I'll still end up in the doghouse).

the micro dabber is a stem designed for concentrates, I dint remember the specifics about that particular one but it is basically Vitolo's method of using a dram bottle with a stem from the eclipse vape so the jar sits in the heater with the concentrate abd heats up then you stick the stem inside the jar to draw and take little mini dabs, hence the name microdabber. I dint think it's that popular because most would rather dab or get a pen

some company was supposed to actually make it. But this guy is right ^^ I believe the standard small oil vial fits perfectly in the solo. The actual microdabber was that standard oil vial but with a mouthpiece added instead of the normal screw on top.

Cool. Thanks. I think I recall it now. Kind of like using the Solo to heat up your Eclipse instead of fire....

Yes, I can see how those of us with alternatives are going there. Omicron, Revolution/DART and Cera EO being what they are and all.

Good call on the Amazon idea, but as you say it's dangerous, too. Maybe work up on it slow?

OF

olivianewtonjohn

Thanks.

OF

But that's what I'm saying the o-ring does not make contact with the stem. I know loose stems are common I'm saying I have never heard of a stem that's so loose the o-ring does not make contact. It is not a seal issue but the actual stem that is abnormally loose to the point where an o-ring does nothing. Yes they have offered to refund but the shipping to Canada is close to the cost of the stem. This could have been avoided if they just test fitted it in a solo

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
But that's what I'm saying the o-ring does not make contact with the stem. I know loose stems are common I'm saying I have never heard of a stem that's so loose the o-ring does not make contact. It is not a seal issue but the actual stem that is abnormally loose to the point where an o-ring does nothing. Yes they have offered to refund but the shipping to Canada is close to the cost of the stem. This could have been avoided if they just test fitted it in a solo
You are 1000% correct! I would suggest you call PV and state your case again: stem diameter is too small. Even their own o-ring doesn't touch its outer diameter. Send them a pic or vid if possible. How much plainer can you make it for them? Speak with a supervisor. Insist on a replacement immediately. If they insist on your returning the defective stem, ask that they credit your card (send a close-up pic of the postal receipt). When I had a problem with a product shipment, EZVAPES.COM re-sent immediately, even before I returned the product by post, and they gave me a credit over double the amount of the return post just for my inconvenience. For me, they have been outstanding and I will be loyal for sure! I have ordered from PV with good results. But now after hearing of your dilemna I will think twice before doing so again. I hope they are privy to our forum. Good luck!

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
PlanetVape does an amazing job with the solo!
I can only hope PlanetVape will collaborate more closely with Arizer on the mini solo!

m0sh,
Reactions: Tom Funk
Top Bottom