Arizer Solo

Startus

nhirsch funny' Ive been going at the customer service since i got mine in the post. twelve hours straight. in that time took the solo apart and was disgusted with the rubbish design and build. where is the air flow other than through badly constructed parts that are not matching to the components as a whole and by the gap that is generated between the collar of the oven and the glass tube. try and draw when there is no air to draw in? this lot are very naughty and are operating corruptly. it is a second grade assortment of parts of the same but incomplete in design. they have been trying to fob me off from there first reply. my first email had the picture the same as your first shot with the top case off it was loose when i took it out the box! so naturally I had a look inside. sent them this and they try telling me how to suck' this is a catholic rule, i think this lot come across as wronguns'

naming and shaming
Vape Fiend
Arizer Solo

very bad indeed!
GetAttachment.aspx
here you can see where the air-flow travels down the quarter channels and up into the tinny holes(a small hooked peace of wire confirmed the passageway for the air to flow when inhaling) okay so far with this component in the oven design(not much to go wrong, bad cement glue workmanship).
GetAttachment.aspx
gets blocked when you put the top collar on and screw it down.
GetAttachment.aspx
no holes for Air-flow.
GetAttachment.aspx
no air-flow though.

GetAttachment.aspx
first picture I sent them showing bad alignment of components and screw not fastened properly. they replied with Blar Blar Blar and the six star alignment on the 22nd of this month.... they do go on!

really bad what is behind the chain of events have I been awake for researching on twelve hours.
utter bed I have asked for my money back, it is not 24 hours old. this unit is highfaluting bells and whistles. Do not fall for the hype like i did on this one.
it is a glorified oil burner. the only glass bit you need is the dish! non of the architecture makes sense.

can you tell whats going on here yet?

Startus,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Firstly, you can't link to pictures in your outlook cause we can't see them.
Secondly the solo is a good vape and we all know it doesn't line up correctly but once you learn it, it works very well. It isn't hype by any means. I don't have stock in the company so I don't care if they make money or not. If it was a bad product I wouldn't say I liked it.

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
... this unit is highfaluting bells and whistles. Do not fall for the hype like i did on this one.
it is a glorified oil burner. the only glass bit you need is the dish! non of the architecture makes sense.
This is bull-crap. I and many other FC members have a solo, and it works fine.
So far as I can tell, the solo is pretty much the pinnacle of portable vapes for flowers if you don't need stealth...
Yes, either you have a faulty unit, or you're doing something wrong.

The solo has a restricted draw, I will totally agree with that, but that is by design.
I'll admit I'm no expert on the Solo's air path, but I believe that there are 2 or 3 different ways for air to get in to the oven, it's NOT airtight.
If you can insert a stem (with no herb in it), suck on it, and get a vacuum forming in there, showing it's truly airtight, then your unit is faulty.
If you get airflow, then you know your units oven isn't airtight, and it's probably your technique that's lacking (though you could still potentially have a faulty unit).

With all due respect, can you please clean up your grammar a bit?
I honestly can't tell if English is your 2nd language, and you've got a fairly good mastery of it, or if English is your first language and you suck at it... :shrug:
A good rule of thumb; Just re-read your post once, and think if it would make sense to someone who isn't you...

salivape

As
nhirsch funny' Ive been going at the customer service since i got mine in the post. twelve hours straight. in that time took the solo apart and was disgusted with the rubbish design and build. where is the air flow other than through badly constructed parts that are not matching to the components as a whole and by the gap that is generated between the collar of the oven and the glass tube. try and draw when there is no air to draw in? this lot are very naughty and are operating corruptly. it is a second grade assortment of parts of the same but incomplete in design. they have been trying to fob me off from there first reply. my first email had the picture the same as your first shot with the top case off it was loose when i took it out the box! so naturally I had a look inside. sent them this and they try telling me how to suck' this is a catholic rule, i think this lot come across as wronguns'

naming and shaming
Vape Fiend
Arizer Solo

very bad indeed!
GetAttachment.aspx
here you can see where the air-flow travels down the quarter channels and up into the tinny holes(a small hooked peace of wire confirmed the passageway for the air to flow when inhaling) okay so far with this component in the oven design(not much to go wrong, bad cement glue workmanship).
GetAttachment.aspx
gets blocked when you put the top collar on and screw it down.
GetAttachment.aspx
no holes for Air-flow.
GetAttachment.aspx
no air-flow though.

GetAttachment.aspx
first picture I sent them showing bad alignment of components and screw not fastened properly. they replied with Blar Blar Blar and the six star alignment on the 22nd of this month.... they do go on!

really bad what is behind the chain of events have I been awake for researching on twelve hours.
utter bed I have asked for my money back, it is not 24 hours old. this unit is highfaluting bells and whistles. Do not fall for the hype like i did on this one.

As others have said you either have a faulty unit which is very rare but even so that can happen with all electrical items, or youre doing something wrong.

As far as I know the majority of the air is sucked in around the stem and not through the unit as you seem to think. It is hard to get a draw through a new unit as the retaining ring is tight but it loosens up in a few weeks of use. Are you saying you cant suck any air through the stem when inserted? Like none at all?

Take it easy. You are one unsatisfied customer out of thousands. Slating a manufacturer and a very decent seller (I use vapefiend a lot and never had issues) based on a single possibly dodgy unit is just plain wrong. Youve not even had it for more than a day yet. Theres nothing wrong with the design. Thousands of satisfied customers would agree

Startus

Where is the air inlet for this product?

this product acts the same as the vaporblunt 2.0 with the oil attachment.

the azizer solo adverts are miss leading, like it or not.
I brought this up with the company and its only there reputation that holds any weight.
you insist on continuing to insult my intelligence, you have no respect for me bringing this query up and wish to take the line of making someone appear small in order to protect your reputation.
clearly there is an issue with this product, the place of purchase and the product company have both ignored my issue with this item.

someone show me the air-flow to the oven to prove me wrong or take your insults and go back to burning in the heat of the sun.

bad design
bad service
trolls trying to shut down any true comments.

how come I've only heard from those protecting this product?
lets here the other side of the peoples voice not just sun basking lizards!

P.s I'm not here to rat on a rat, if you cant take constructive criticism, then why be in business? do you not want to improve your model? is feed back not helpful ether way to you?

party like there is another earth to go to and you will find the earth you have created in everywhere you go.

mod note: From the rules page- All members must be treated in a respectful and adult manner.

Startus,

clouded vision

calling well known and respected members trolls is a very poor start here.

the reason you have only heard from people defending the solo is there are thousands of happy customers and very few unsatisfied customers, the majority of which quickly had their problem fixed by arizer's excellent customer service, thereby making them happy customers.

If you would please explain exactly what problem you are having with your solo in an intelligent, coherent and concise manner, instead of speaking in riddles, there are many of us here with much more experience with the solo that might be willing to help

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner

this product acts the same as the vaporblunt 2.0 with the oil attachment.

I brought this up with the company and its only there reputation that holds any weight.
you insist on continuing to insult my intelligence, you have no respect for me bringing this query up and wish to take the line of making someone appear small in order to protect your reputation.
clearly there is an issue with this product, the place of purchase and the product company have both ignored my issue with this item.

someone show me the air-flow to the oven to prove me wrong or take your insults and go back to burning in the heat of the sun.

bad design
bad service

how come I've only heard from those protecting this product?
lets here the other side of the peoples voice not just sun basking lizards!

P.s I'm not here to rat on a rat, if you cant take constructive criticism, then why be in business? do you not want to improve your model? is feed back not helpful ether way to you?

party like there is another earth to go to and you will find the earth you have created in everywhere you go.

What a load of s%$% in this post.

Where should I begin?
Air comes from the top!
Do this simple task : take 1 straw and suck from it, put the straw bottom tight to your hand, see no air or whatsoever comes ! this is why there are 4 holes in the oven, so it won't be airtight - so the airflow doesn't go via electronics if this is what you're saying? I don't really understand your riddles, I only know that the air you're sucking doesn't come from below the oven!
Now you can say whatever you want it won't change the fact that the airflow is electronic free.

Bad design : please elaborate ? , IMO the design is great, very simple and very easy to use...the perfect standard IMO.

Bad service? please elaborate? did you contact Arizer directly? did they not answer you after less than 24 hours and in few days?
I have received nothing but great service from Arizer!

Trolls trying to shut down any true comment - Wow you must be mr know-it-all!
Everyone is wrong and only my opinion is correct.
Before calling other members trolls, please kindly look in the mirror.

bigdjohnson

Hey guys. I'm new to the solo and using herbs all together so this starting out has been a bit difficult. I'm seeing these tips that are being put on the stock stems...what do they do? Sorry for the ignorance guys. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with everything.

llama1892

Aaron Rodgers Afficianado

As they say "it takes a troll to know a troll" Okay I made that up but I think it applies...

mod note: Responding to flaming with a 'same to you' puts you in the wrong as well. Responding to bad bahavior is our job, not yours.

llama1892,
Reactions: m0sh

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
[quote="Startus, post: 424018, member: 14816"
bad design
bad service
/quote]
Startus I see your point.

I can't smoke without coughing so when I got my medical license and went to the creepy dispensary.
Now that there is a medical alternative to PHARMA.
However how do I medicate with this stuff?
The sales girl at the SMOKE SHOP sold me a MFLB which was a good start.
However the burnt pop corn flavor after the first 3 hits was unbearable.
3 months into it I got the SOLO ($300) and the flavor was amazing and my FLOWERS lasted much longer.
So it was expensive however I used less medicine and no longer had the side effects of PHARMA.
One year later I bought a second one for $150.00 so I could have one at work and one at home.
I'm from the 70's so I'm still uneasy about having anything in my car.

The comments you made are interesting?

bad design?
For the price point it's pretty good actually!
Bad service?
Many on here love ARISER customer service however I love my SOLO's and would never use ARISERS customer service. There so basic and easy to work plus their so cheap! I would just buy a new one.

I paid $500 for my IPHONE and love it.
The design is one of the best in my humble opinion.

Since your so intelligent (You do write well!) why don't you design and market a portable vaporizer APPLE like in design with a price point under $200.

I'll be your first customer!

Kind regards,
ataxian

Startus

yeah hi,
I'm not satisfied with the product. the adverts are misleading.
the product relies on air passing through the collar. I was lead to believe the product had and air-flow through the bottom of the oven tray.
thinking that the holes on the top are the air inlet.(costumer service says they are)(they are vent holes for the heat evaporation to the oven.
I wrote to the place of purchase straight away and the ignored what I have to say and avoided helping other than advice on how to suck. they are contradicting them selves and this is upsetting to know they are not taking me seriously.

you can not walk through a closed door.
you can not suck the air out of a jar.

I have stated I want a refund. I have had the fob off from these company's.
so I took it apart to see what was wrong(I have skills don't worry).
I found that the air-flow in the centre component, that houses the oven tray. is suddenly restricted by the collar creating a sealed compartment with no air able to enter other than from when around the glass pipe, between the collar when the pipe gets loose.

this design is not for an inhaling unit as no air can get in, this is for use as an oil burner only' as the oven heats the glass dish! that's all! there is no design for air flow rendering any inhaling obsolete.

I want my money back with out the BS!

if you like this product okay good for you, it has a good battery and heating adjustment, super.
but for what I was lead to believe of this product is not true.
the response of customer service is shocking.

I would not be here slating off bad business if I had been satisfied.
this needs to be brought to peoples attention before they purchase this item other wise it is false advertising and misleading information.

Startus,

Kaptan

Instead of posting your displeasure of the Solo, why don't you do something productive like reading through this thread as there are many happy Solo owners. By design, the Solo has a somewhat restricted air flow, which is why the vapor produced is dense. Maybe you should have done some research before purchasing?

Startus

[*]Don’t attack products or companies. You can post your opinion, and you can criticize, but posts written to offend are not allowed. State your complaint and move on.
I've found a flaw in the product and in the customer service.
I bring up a valid point for anyone wanting to find out about the product and company they may buy into.
if you cant handle the truth, perhaps a lie would suit you Jack'

mod note: Point made. Please move on.

Startus,

salivape

You ignored the part where a said that the air is supposed to come from around the stem and that it is tight by design for a few weeks but instead decided to call me and others trolls for trying to help you... Have you thought that maybe the problem lies with the stem? There is some size variation.. Maybe try another stem? Does it not loosen up when hot? If it does then you dont have a problem you just need to break it in.

If you just want your money back then I dont really know what youre doing here. We cant help you with that

clouded vision

you have not found a flaw, you have found a very intentional draw restriction which is exactly why the solo can produce such a high vapor to air ratio compared to most other portables. the retaining ring is Teflon which does not make an air tight seal with the stem. the air travels between the ring and the stem then goes in between the retaining ring and the crucible (there is a gap between them) then through a gap which separates the air from the electronics, up through the 4 pin holes then through the material and up the stem creating lots of vapor.

I also think it is funny that you call this an oil burner only considering no one has ever had any luck using the oil burner attachment however using the unit as a vaporizer has made 668 pages of people very satisfied.

another thing to consider is you may not have put it back together correctly after taking it apart, at first yes the draw is restricted abd takes some getting used to how to pull so I can understand you thinking you weren't able to draw at all then taking it apart, putting it back together incorrectly exacerbating the problem. If the retaining ring is sitting right on top of the crucible without any gap (should be approximately 1mm) then you have caused a blockage of the airflow yourself

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Hey guys. I'm new to the solo and using herbs all together so this starting out has been a bit difficult. I'm seeing these tips that are being put on the stock stems...what do they do? Sorry for the ignorance guys. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with everything.
I'm just goofing off however I do use this set up all the time and personally like the smaller mouth piece I get from adding a CHILLUM to the end of my straight stock stem. You could to the same on a bent one as well. I use a OMINCRON Silicone tip that I cut to make a seal between the Glass Stem and the CHILLUM.

You have to go with a clean stem to your local head shop and find one that fits.

Here's a old photo to refresh our memories:

Primasilva

Professional Procras... I'll finish this later ;-)
I'm just goofing off however I do use this set up all the time and personally like the smaller mouth piece I get from adding a CHILLUM to the end of my straight stock stem. You could to the same on a bent one as well. I use a OMINCRON Silicone tip that I cut to make a seal between the Glass Stem and the CHILLUM.

Ooh, that's a crazy good idea! I'm absolutely gonna try this!

bigdjohnson

You have to go with a clean stem to your local head shop and find one that fits.

Here's a old photo to refresh our memories:

What's the purpose of this tip though? Improved air flow?

bigdjohnson,

OF

I honestly don't have any solid idea about what your problem really is. Honestly. You make out like we all do and are ignoring you, but I don't think that's correct.

What is your problem here? I take it at least part of it is not know what the air path is? The bulk of the air comes in through the slots and holes in the top cover most likely. Some also comes in the holes in the bottom and down the large hole with the stem. This air then is ducted up to the top of the heater (after entering low down on the cover) under the cover, over the top of the SS cup and down between the stem and cup to go around the end of the stem up to the load. Some of the air is also carried through the four passages you can see though the top around the outside of the cup and up through the four small holes in the bottom of the cup. Some also comes down through the stem seal, this is increased with wear on the seal and/or using the PVHES. This has been carefully checked out by blocking the routes and discussed here in great detail. It's not a secret, and you can easily duplicate all the experiments I think.

So, please, what's your problem now? Some of us are willing to try to help but frankly we need to understand you first (at least I do).

TIA

I also think it is funny that you call this an oil burner only considering no one has ever had any luck using the oil burner attachment however using the unit as a vaporizer has made 668 pages of people very satisfied.

I missed the 'oil burner' part. Is that the real issue, the OP is trying to do something it was never designed to do (vape concentrates)?

That would make some sense I guess. The above reference to 'the same as VB2' I didn't follow? VB2 doesn't do a great job with oil, which is why I never got too excited about it. The concentrate trays for MFLB work better IMO there?

I hope it's not the case of casually using concentrates in it, it definitely doesn't get hot enough to use in the traditional ('dabbing') fashion. For that you need something like the D9 'nail cart' and a strong battery.

OF

clouded vision

OF, I thought by oil burner he was referring to the incense cup that came with it saying it was only good for incense because there is "no air flow". I was saying that cup is useless. I could be wrong abd he could be trying to use it for concentrates but his complaint was no airflow, not that it didn't work for what he was using

Top Bottom