Arizer Solo

OF

unfortunately I dont have any friends with solos or chargers, but I could borrow digital meter from my father if it would help in any way.

Yes, I think that might help sort this out, can you please get it and we'll see what we can find. How are you with tools and such? Do you feel able to take the four screws out of the bottom so we can measure inside too if we want to?

Hopefully we can avoid sending it in, but if it's that new I'd hope the maker will back it no matter fi you have the receipt or not....or perhaps we can get it replaced....

OF

thesoloman

a few hours later>>>>>>

NEWS FLASH PV has agreed to making me longer GonGs due to my gorilla paws and he (Robert) said it was actually easier to make them bigger than shorter,:rockon: PROPS to SOLO MAN for the heads up on PV doing custom work,that was excellent info!! so if any one feels that they need a a bit more to grab on the GonG , they will make em for ya at no extra cost.:clap:
Glad i could help... I would like to see a pic of your new gong when you get, if possible :)

zeko113

Yes, I think that might help sort this out, can you please get it and we'll see what we can find. How are you with tools and such? Do you feel able to take the four screws out of the bottom so we can measure inside too if we want to?

yes, I think I will manage to open solo and when I get the digital meter I'll report back (prob. tomorrow or the day after that)

OF

yes, I think I will manage to open solo and when I get the digital meter I'll report back (prob. tomorrow or the day after that)

Cool. Gives me a chance to think this through a bit as well. Please be sure you have an appropriate screwdriver handy then if we 'go that way'.

Thanks.

OF

OF,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I couldn't resist posting on the 666 page wooooooooooohooooooooooooo.

Zeko you are in good hands. OF should he leave it plugged in in case it could trickle charge if that ends up being the issue? His mom killed his solo:rofl:.

zeko113

Zeko you are in good hands. OF should he leave it plugged in in case it could trickle charge if that ends up being the issue? His mom killed his solo:rofl:.

I already thought of leaving it plugged in and it did nothing.
and Im sure my mom never meant to damage my solo, but shit happens

zeko113,
Reactions: OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
ok so with my little ghetto rigged solution I was in bliss but NOW with the PVHES GonG!! OM freakin G this is out of hand.... anyone want to know... yes the pvhes is worth the price... just my 2!
Here's this afternoon's GHETTO RIG.
$35.00 set up
I should be embarrassed however I will change all my glass out with better quality.
Still learning.
Who said learning isn't fun?

Techn!d0n

Here's this afternoon's GHETTO RIG.
$35.00 set up
I should be embarrassed however I will change all my glass out with better quality.
Still learning.
Who said learning isn't fun?
WWWAAAA thats like champion level right there!!!!:brow: ppppfffftttt "ghetto rig"!!! :rolleyes:

mod note: Please do not quote more than necessary. Picture removed.

Techn!d0n,
Reactions: ataxian

exit

BANG!

Just pulled the trigger on a brand new Solo. The only vape I've ever hit is my DBV. Can't wait to go mobile!

Good choice. I have a smell proof plush baggie for my straight stem that stays in the car with me :nod: Combined with a pink JyARz, easy to throw in pockets or bag and be on the go (leaving no smell behind)!

-----------

Anyone found anything that fits better than an Omicron cart tip for the Solo stems? I like something soft I can bite down on but the Omi tip doesn't fit very perfectly :(

I suppose I could cut off part of the end and put it in backwards if that'll give it more airflow.

exit,

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Good choice. I have a smell proof plush baggie for my straight stem that stays in the car with me :nod: Combined with a pink JyARz, easy to throw in pockets or bag and be on the go (leaving no smell behind)!

-----------

Anyone found anything that fits better than an Omicron cart tip for the Solo stems? I like something soft I can bite down on but the Omi tip doesn't fit very perfectly :(

I suppose I could cut off part of the end and put it in backwards if that'll give it more airflow.
Exit - These are great tips! http://www.vaporkings.com/e-Cigarette-tester-condoms-package-of-5-p/ecig-testers.htm You have to stretch them over the end of the stem...perfect! However, They will not fit the Planet Vape stems as their outer diameter is larger than the Solo OEM stems. They are soft and very nice to bite down on softly which may in fact help regulate intake a bit. Enjoy!;)

Snappo,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Exit - These are great tips! http://www.vaporkings.com/e-Cigarette-tester-condoms-package-of-5-p/ecig-testers.htm You have to stretch them over the end of the stem...perfect! However, They will not fit the Planet Vape stems as their outer diameter is larger than the Solo OEM stems. They are soft and very nice to bite down on softly which may in fact help regulate intake a bit. Enjoy!;)
I have so many SILICONE OMNI TIPs I use those to Mac Giver all the time:
Good point about the point of purchase!

ataxian,
Reactions: Snappo

boomshanka

commbusted, no going back
hi had mysolo about a week now,not seeming to get big cloudsjust thinish vapes,always been a combuster, so any help greatly appreciated.

boomshanka,
Reactions: eyewhites

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
hi had mysolo about a week now,not seeming to get big cloudsjust thinish vapes,always been a combuster, so any help greatly appreciated.
Have you tried packing a full bowl, setting it at 7, and drawing lightly & slowly until lungs are satisfied? Are you feeling any effect? Forget the monster clouds you used to get with combustion. That's not what vaping is about, even though thick vapor will happen with experience. Draw light and slow! Too hard and fast defeats it! With a Solo set at 2-3, for example, vapor will be relatively light, but the effect will leave no doubt that even the invisible stuff will get ya where you're going!

boomshanka

commbusted, no going back
thx, will give it a go, i suppose 37 yrs of combustion its going to take a while plus understanding the nuances of the solo to. notreally getting to where i want to be, roll one and im good, bizzare really. but will keep persisting with it as all ive read is great feedback for it. thx for replying

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
thx, will give it a go, i suppose 37 yrs of combustion its going to take a while plus understanding the nuances of the solo to. notreally getting to where i want to be, roll one and im good, bizzare really. but will keep persisting with it as all ive read is great feedback for it. thx for replying
I was rolling ZIG ZAGS since 1970.
However quit for almost 3 decades.
2 years ago when I got my Medical Marijuana License my old surfer buddies tried to get me to smoke a reefer with them. I embarrassed myself being such a light weight.
Now I just have crazy top shelf quality flowers to myself.
I can vape all day and feel like a million dollars.
Smoking I can not even do and the taste is horrible!
The more you vape the less you will smoke.
Plus you will discover so many medical benefits at the lower temperatures.
Start chasing the flavor and you will be healthier and better medicated.
It's like a DETOX making the switch.
Mix up you meds too!

WAXS, OILS, HASH, FLOWERS, KIEF

All natural and ever so healing!

exit

I dont know how far back you went in the thread but I wrote something about my switch to becoming a daily SOLO user after many years of combustion.

It will take some getting used to but when you start to figure out the tricks of the solo you will be hooked. Two or three bowls in a row on a SOLO gets me where a full blunt to myself would get me in my combusting days.

If memory serves me correctly SOLO lasts for 12 minutes before auto shut off. Try this: pack a full bowl of finely ground, and pack it in a little bit. Set the SOLO to heat level 6 and let it get warm before you put in the stem. When you put it in, wait 1 and a half minutes before hitting. When you do hit, draw as lightly and slowly as you can. You should get a TON of vapor.

If that worked for you then just wait between a minute and a minute and a half before trying the same thing again. You should get about 10-12 great hits that'll really make you cough before it shuts off. And when you're done you should have some super dark ABV left over :)

I rely on the SOLO daily.
I have several containers full of my current favorite TOP SHELF strain.
I also have one container with a mix of different old strains I have kept around for when I need to switch it up a bit.

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I've noticed there seems to be 2 schools of thought regarding heatup;
  1. Set solo to desired temp, let it heat up, insert stem, wait a minute or 2.
  2. Insert stem, set solo to desired temp, let it heat up.
I use method 2, since it seems simpler, there's less hassle dealing with a stem that's loaded but not in the unit, and it's quicker.

I don't get why you'd heat up the solo before inserting the stem?

It seems like it'd lead to inconsistencies in operation (e.g. not letting the stem heat up the same each time), and slow down the whole process?

exit

Well I find even if I put in the stem and heat it up I still need to wait a minute or two before getting any hits. It's just leftover habit from vapes like the NO2 where it was recommended you heat up first and then put your weed in.

Honestly half the time I just put it in and then heat it up and the other half I preheat and then put in the stem. Either way it works fine for me.

I feel like if I like I heat it up and then put the stem in and then wait a minute or 2, i get really thick and heavy hits until the end, and there is less time between hits. It might just be coincidential or it might just be my mind messing wiht me. Who knows.

exit,
Top Bottom