Arizer Solo

okm123

Looking to pick up a Solo for $160 from PlanetVape but I would like to get the PVHES along with it so I don't have to pay for its shipping. Unfortunately, most of the PVHES stems are out of stock... Anyone know how often PlanetVape restocks or if a PVHES would even be necessary for a new vape user?

Cmon PV, might just have to wait and get the ascent...

okm123,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Looking to pick up a Solo for $160 from PlanetVape but I would like to get the PVHES along with it so I don't have to pay for its shipping. Unfortunately, most of the PVHES stems are out of stock... Anyone know how often PlanetVape restocks or if a PVHES would even be necessary for a new vape user?

The Stock Stems Work Super Well!

Add all the goodies later to expand your quiver.
There is no hurry.
Really!

Don't waste money!

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
I'll personally be SHOCKED if you get the Solo and try it out and regret your purchase of it. I was saving up for the Ascent to see if it had good reviews but they missed their chance ;) and I spend it on a Solo!

I was waiting for the ascent too, but it seemed like too much hype and not enough manafacturer backing up their own stuff (I think i was right about this), and the initial reviews were not very impressive. If it was going to live up to the hype we would have known about it, no question ,from the very first reviews. But it isn't so I think it's nothing special. I'd be shocked if it could hold it own against a Solo. :2c:

I remember trying to pick between a solo and NO2 something like 3 or 4 years ago, and the solo was still steadily coming out with new revisions that changed a lot about the unit back then so I decided to put it off for a while as they made more revisions. I'm certainly glad I waited for the newest/best Solos :D
I could not agree more...the Solo is a great little vaporizer. I've had mine for almost a year and am thinking of buying another.

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
I've used mine every day several times a day for weeks! How long does it take before you have a stem full of reclaim! Mine still looks barely used actually, with the exception of the flakes of ABV being stopped by a screen at the bend...
It will really depend on the quality of your herb. I soak my stems in ISO once a week. ...and don't throw out that used ISO! Pour it onto a plate and let the alcohol dissolve. You will be left with a sticky resin that you can vape on cotton or roll into a joint (God forbid)...

WildChild,

Krizzle

Hi Very high

I keep checking their website from time to time and they do get stock in often so keep an eye out. The stock stems work fine but the PVHES stuff push's the Solo up a notch.

I received my PN WT today, its a lot smaller than i thought. Very pleased it with it though. Nice and light. No GonG adapter yet though so Ive been trying it with my stealth adapter with a piece of silicone tube to try and form a seal. Mixed results really :/ should have my adapter and Solo PA in the mail tomorrow

Krizzle,
I should be getting my PN WT today, but my PVHEGonG won't be here for a few more days. Will I be able to get by using a regular stem in the meantime? I've heard they fit well enough in 14mm joints.

letter never sent,

exit

I wish I could get one of these to fit in a stem... it's so close! but won't stay.
They're the inhalater XP tips. I love how they feel.
Too bad it's not easy to get them working on a solo stem :(
I've been trying through 2 sessions to get it on but it just won't go, even if I cut it up!

inhalater_mouthpieces.png

exit,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Exit those INH tubes won't fig cause they are stiff...there old ones fit fine. I hate the blue ones. In either respect for those trying to mate the the PN WT just use a rubber band if you don't have a piece of silicone this way no damage to the stem.

My new Solo has arrived and she's currently getting charged up for her coming out party!

1st thing I noticed was how much smaller it is than I expected. I haven't even used it yet and I already regret not buying it sooner. I always avoided the solo because I had seen it in a few photos and it seemed like it had the circumference of a coke can. That was my ignorance; I should've looked into it more.

OK enough beating myself up over the past! I'll be back later with a mini-review.

Meghan

My new Solo has arrived and she's currently getting charged up for her coming out party!

1st thing I noticed was how much smaller it is than I expected. I haven't even used it yet and I already regret not buying it sooner. I always avoided the solo because I had seen it in a few photos and it seemed like it had the circumference of a coke can. That was my ignorance; I should've looked into it more.

OK enough beating myself up over the past! I'll be back later with a mini-review.

I chose to buy a Pax instead of a Solo for my first portable vape due to appearance alone. It wasn't long before I realized I'd made a mistake, too. :)

exit

Exit those INH tubes won't fig cause they are stiff...there old ones fit fine. I hate the blue ones. In either respect for those trying to mate the the PN WT just use a rubber band if you don't have a piece of silicone this way no damage to the stem.

Thanks! I hope i can get the old style ones from somewhere.

exit,

Dreamerr

I don't think you can exit so I suggest buying tubing from the very many places we mentioned on this thread if you don't have other vapes that have them. If you plan on making an order from PV I got a small piece of there tubing to try it and it is very soft and handles the high heat well. It is rated to 500 but I like to check. I bought 1/4" which is about the same as the old INH tips. You would need a little bigger say 1/2" to go on the outside of the solo stem the old INH tips only fit on the inside. The Omni tips fit on the outside if you work it but those aren't high heat but being so far from the heat it doesn't matter. BTW for those who want to know and have the omni tips the PV tubing is about the same softness if that helps.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: exit

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
If I had a nickel from every time someone said this when he got his solo, I would have been bill gates! :)
I had the MFLB first. My first choice was the SOLO however the Girl at the smoke shop said that there is not enough information for her to recommend the SOLO. After researching the best way to medicate all the indications were to vaporize cannabis.

2 years ago The SOLO reviews were the most promising.
Today two years later the SOLO is still the best portable vaporizer made.
The other portables I tried all tasted like burnt pop corn and I could not handle it.
With the SOLO just pick your level with a glass connection of your choice.
This is freedom!

Do you think I could cut off a piece of DBV tubing and fit that over the tip of the stem in order to get a better seal with the PN WT? I have no idea if the DBV tubing is the right size. I'll check when I get home tonight.

Also, how much water do you guys use in your PN WT for best performance?

letter never sent,

Dreamerr

Do you think I could cut off a piece of DBV tubing and fit that over the tip of the stem in order to get a better seal with the PN WT? I have no idea if the DBV tubing is the right size. I'll check when I get home tonight.

Also, how much water do you guys use in your PN WT for best performance?

That is the perfect size as the ssv is the same tubing and it what I used.
I fill it till I hear bubbles lol. I am not a water person so I just fill till it works. I believe it is a bit over the lines but you need a little extra so in case you are tilting it. Don't go higher then that if you can understand my gibberish.

Nice find poonman but I think we need a big more then that. The diagram shows why but doesn't explain I don't think. Maybe someone who understands it can explain it after they see that page.

OF maybe you can read and explain, it is on the page with the link to venturi effect. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venturi_effect

Dreamerr,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Hail to thee master...30 mins ... I know what you're talking about...this looks sooo good :)
How does the vapor tamer affect the experience?
well.... it cools the air you inhale.. that's for sure.... like when you walk into a "walk-in Refridgerator".
it felt absolutely great, but I still prefer a more direct approach, and a much shorter vapor path.
some like it hot

Vitolo,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Hi guys, have a couple things to share.
First up is the way I found to store your stems. Using an eyeglass case seems to work well for me. Holds 2 stems and likely 3 if all straight.

Case_zps8718339a.jpg

The end caps are from jack field protection covers. Easy pull off end grips which act for good protection as well. Looked around for more but could not find. However, not the best as have to wait a few seconds before putting on as the heat will melt if installed right away after a session.
The one unit has a rubber tip from an EGO-TMega (type B) tank ecig tank. It's like a sheik and came with my tanks. Still undecided if I like better or not. Offers added protection though.

Now an update for the PA project.
All items have been confirmed shipped and some are rolling in. Still likely another month or likely a bit more before a few PA solutions are put up for grabs.
The PA solution will consist of:

-12 volt 5 amp power supply + power cord
-12 to 8.5 volt enclosed convertor unit (25mmX25mmX50mm)
-car adapter
-2 ea. cable converters

The way it works is the supply with adapter will function as charger as will the car plug with an adapter. Now the same supply will function as a PA if the converter unit is installed between the power supply and adapter. What the big difference is that the car adapter will function as a PA with the same converter unit installed.
There is a second converter cable so the car unit can stay intact for charging mode.

Have the converter circuit designed and currently testing. Once I get the enclosures, some off site testing will take place. Then a limited quantity will be available for those interested.

Thanks must go to OF as he dragged me into this. Also advised as to the methodology. And of course those requests from Dreamerr.

Still a little ways off but figured I'd give an update.

Dreamerr

You got a great vape out of it that you didn't plan on getting right?
So what you are saying is we just toggle between the two?
Pipes your the man all day every day:nod: .

I think we just really wanted you to get a solo and have a new project:lol: .

Top Bottom