Arizer Solo

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I think so since it hasn't happened again since I stopped doing kief for the most part and when I have maybe once or twice I sandwiched. I haven't done concentrates but I am sure that would be worse. I guess that is why vito uses cotton but I bet it still gets bad after a while.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: ataxian

clouded vision

Dreamerr the battery just plugs in, no soldering necessary
2Ta7OvY.jpg

here is the replacement battery pack
http://torontovaporizer.ca/battery-replacement-solo.html

If you are able to solder however you can save yourself a few bucks
http://www.amazon.com/Tenergy-Li-Ion-2200mAh-Rechargeable-Battery/dp/B002Y2LJW0

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
The bottom link is the pack I used!
My SOLO's both work super well.
The M107 Battery Pack I did not change and it's fine.
You don't need a PHD to figure it out!
I had a bad cell in one of the batteries.
It had nothing to do with the design of the SOLO.
Their so cheap now I would just buy a new unit.
The two that I have will most likely work long past my death!

ataxian,
Reactions: poonman

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

Arizer solo + PVHES + MGW circ bubbler. I love this setup! I had this all the way on 7 to try to show how much vapor this produces.
I must being doing something wrong?
My water path I set at level 4 and the vapor is super thick.
Above 4 and I can't handle the taste?
I heard about the people who vape at high temperatures and wonder why do I find the lower temps more effective and flavorfull in my situation?

ataxian,
Reactions: Dreamerr

Pizzaroll

I must being doing something wrong?
My water path I set at level 4 and the vapor is super thick.
Above 4 and I can't handle the taste?
I heard about the people who vape at high temperatures and wonder why do I find the lower temps more effective and flavorfull in my situation?

Just my personal preference I guess. If I'm vapor bonging I prefer my heat settings between 5 and 7 but if I'm using the stem by itself I prefer 3-5.

Dreamerr

Dreamerr the battery just plugs in, no soldering necessary
2Ta7OvY.jpg

here is the replacement battery pack
http://torontovaporizer.ca/battery-replacement-solo.html

The second one is the one I remembered so I guess I did see correctly. I don't think they sell the others in the US but will check cause I don't want to pay high shipping over the boarder for a battery.

Thanks, much for finding that. You are the first to show that one IIRC.

Dreamerr,

clouded vision

I'm glad to see that someone else is helping the users find ways to replace their batteries but I'm a little disappointed by how much they are charging for what is a 13 dollar pack on amazon.
I completely agree I would never pay more than triple what the battery actually costs retail just for the convenience of having the plug already attached but I guess for some it is worth it. Also they seem to have a monopoly because they are the only ones selling a battery actually advertised as a replacement for the solo, at least on this side of the pond. Verdampft... (I forget the whole site and too lazy to look up right now) sells them for about 25 euro

clouded vision,
Reactions: ataxian

mharding

New user advice from a new user of the Ariza Solo : pull out the stem slightly to avoid blocking heater air holes.

If the stem is inserted all the way, it blocks the four holes in the heater, making it difficult to draw. Twist out the stem by a millimetre to unblock the heater holes so that it draws freely.

I hadn't found any clear mention of this in my research (without having read all of this thread), but I wonder if this is the substance of people's complaints about having to draw hard.

Thanks for the replacment battery info!

OF

I'm glad to see that someone else is helping the users find ways to replace their batteries but I'm a little disappointed by how much they are charging for what is a 13 dollar pack on amazon.

I understand this, but that battery pack won't work will it? It needs to be modified to work with Solo.

There's a similar example in potato chips. It goes something like 'a ten pound bag of spuds is $1.50 ($.15 a pound), so a four ounce bag of chips (1/4 pound) should cost less than four cents'. That's an extreme case, of course, but it points to the issue I think? There is value in processing, in both knowledge and ability as well.

They no doubt sell a LOT of those packs around the world. So far one has showed up in a Solo?

Looked at the other way, the rules of Capitalism say you or I can buy the parts, solder them together and make some of that filthy lurker for ourselves? The problem is our volume will be very low?

New user advice from a new user of the Ariza Solo : pull out the stem slightly to avoid blocking heater air holes.

If the stem is inserted all the way, it blocks the four holes in the heater, making it difficult to draw. Twist out the stem by a millimetre to unblock the heater holes so that it draws freely.

I hadn't found any clear mention of this in my research (without having read all of this thread), but I wonder if this is the substance of people's complaints about having to draw hard.

I don't think so. Try blocking the holes and see what happens. No real change I can find. The draw was still more or less normal. Try it, I used tape. There's 'conventional wisdom' that air enters the slots in the top and up through the small holes. Try taping the holes in the cap up (it's easy to pull the swinging cover off to do a complete job), again, no change, air doesn't normally come in that way it seems. I think they're vents to let hot air out, the work with the holes in the bottom.

What does seem to happen is air comes in along the outside of the stem (notice the slots in the PVHES?), around the bottom of the stem (notice the notches in the PVHES), through the load to the eager owner. Lifting it up helps the 'around the bottom part' IMO, as does tipping the stem a bit.

Restricted draw is in the design.

It should also be noted that while various modifications will make the draw easier it will not increase production....in fact just the opposite. This is not a convection vape, more cold air robs heat that would otherwise make more vapor?

OF

OF,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Ehh, they work, just not too great. They probably got around needing modifications by swapping the red/black leads. Which they really should mention (in big, capital letters) on the page.

In fact I once had one of these exact packs in my Solo before I got things working with the Panasonic cells. It worked, but no better than the stock pack, and in my opinion a little worse. It died much quicker than the stock pack did as well. It was after that I decided I was not going to purchase any more Tenergy products.

CentiZen,

Jeff-K

So I made chocolate milk last sunday... I dropped my solo stem into some milk, (in a double boiler) let it sit there for 15-20 mins. when the stem seemed clean I took it out, added some chocolate, stired until it melted and drank it.

20 minutes later I started feeling something, another 15 mins and I was off in a very intense but o so much fun high. And I was active! I did allot of things that needed to be done around the house for weeks. Also I had a nice conversation with the chickens and later on with a stray cat as well...

Anyway, I started making my hot chocolate at 14:00, by 15:00 I took off and I had to wait 'til 22:00 to land. And I must say, it was a great flight!!

vman

Ehh, they work, just not too great. They probably got around needing modifications by swapping the red/black leads. Which they really should mention (in big, capital letters) on the page.

So on the female end of the battery connecter (i.e., the end permanently attached to the solo) the red wire is supposed to be negative?

vman,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
There's two ways you can wire a JST-RCY lead. The standard way is to do 1:Black (as negative) and 2:Red (as positive). Arizer did this backwards (1:R,2:B) probably just to prevent us from plugging in just any battery and having it work. The easiest way to get around this is to wire the lead backwards (because they come preassembled to the standard). I don't do that anymore though, I break down the leads and reassemble them to match the Arizer, because quite honestly reversing the lead is dangerous and goes against every electrical safety standard that ever existed. I'm amazed that the Solo got a CE cert with it designed this way.

CentiZen,
Reactions: rcflo

Dreamerr

People have reported dead ones in older models and some failures/dead cell in newer ones like ataxian's.

Dreamerr,

mharding

Without having looked further, I believe the air comes in the bottom, flows up to the four holes in the heater element, through the chamber and out through the stem. With nothing packed, when I push the stem in it blocks the holes in the heater, seriously restricting the draw. If I pull the stem out a little, the glass at the base of the stem lifts off the metal at the base of the chamber, unblocking the four little holes, and the draw becomes easy.

Dreamerr

Just an FYI mharding, lifting the stem a cm or so has been discussed many times and a lot of us used to do it or still do. OF has now bought a solo and has done some testing and his findings seem to disprove what we thought. I for one never tested where the air comes from and just assumed like a lot of us that it comes from the tiny holes. Also lifting the stem is about the same as the pvhes stem which can block the holes so it seems like OF is correct I would think. The real think is if it works for you then that is all that matters and given people ideas is always a wonderful thing. I suppose we can ever hear it enough times the mods we have done, even lifting a stem, to get the solo to work the way is best for our personal use.

OF, you just stated this is not a convection vape? I thought it was mostly convection and like others with conduction. Now that I have the PN I do realize that it is less convection IMO then the PN or even the DV or INH but not sure. What do you think. I think we need a graph of vapes and were they fall on the convection/conduction dominance line. Even cera must have some conduction maybe 10 to 20 percent maybe more from the hot ceramic bowl?

Top Bottom