Arizer Solo

$un

I totally agree with you regarding the design/location of the plug .
Which is why I find this additional base very helpful .
here's the link again ;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251237869695

I think Dreamerr may have asked for an extended cord length on hers .

at $30 that thing is a ripoff, just make one at home from air can cover & drill a hole in. they even gotta youtube video on it

So I just found my favorite way to use my Solo. All of the parts have been traces back to FC and as I used it, it made me ever happier. I used a PVGonG (from Mud) connected to a small piece of tubing (gifted by Deadshort) into the Infamous $40 bubbler with a Magic Flight WPW (got for free here!). I think I will use this set-up from now on. :tup:

that set up sounds very interesting, would love to see some pictures of it

$un,
Reactions: b0

$un

doesn't work any different does it? & that thing is not even worth $30 IMO, got better places to spend my $. maybe something that had a nice graphic to it or pattern then it would be worth it.

Ah, that got me thinking.

The mouth pieceof one of these fit's quite nicely and is a big improvement on the glass.

dscf0478u.jpg
dscf0479dv.jpg

where can i get one of those mouth pieces at?

IF II INI C IHI

Aka VapeGod
hey guys, just picked up a Solo today because I have to send my pinnacle back. Questions, not a newb, vapor just a newb with this beast. from all the great reads I went ahead and got this. Anyways, where are you guys buying the Gongs at 14mm? also I keep seeing these screens in the stem thing pop up on planet vape. is that what you all are using? should I be also? cause I feel when I put my flowers in the stem, they can fall out, and or the bottom of the Solo will get dirty after a lot of usage. so is that the reason you guys are using the screen? for the bottom of the Solo or to keep the stem clean? or both? Liking this unit a lot btw. Also regarding raising he stem while your hitting it? are you guys doing this? does your mouth stems spin around in a circle if you don't hold it correctly? Thanks for the replys guys.

IF II INI C IHI,

Yoshi

Woah
hey guys, just picked up a Solo today because I have to send my pinnacle back. Questions, not a newb, vapor just a newb with this beast. from all the great reads I went ahead and got this. Anyways, where are you guys buying the Gongs at 14mm? also I keep seeing these screens in the stem thing pop up on planet vape. is that what you all are using? should I be also? cause I feel when I put my flowers in the stem, they can fall out, and or the bottom of the Solo will get dirty after a lot of usage. so is that the reason you guys are using the screen? for the bottom of the Solo or to keep the stem clean? or both? Liking this unit a lot btw. Also regarding raising he stem while your hitting it? are you guys doing this? does your mouth stems spin around in a circle if you don't hold it correctly? Thanks for the replys guys.

Looks like you'll have to update your signature ;)

PV has 14mm GonG stems, but they usually only have the carbed versions. If you wanna mod that to make it not carbed, OF used a certain kind of tape to cover it up.

I'm not sure what you meant by PV using screens, but I use a screen in my heating element and in my glass stem. The one in the glass stem regulates particulates, the one in my heating element lifts it a tad to increase airflow. I haven't found that lifting it is useful anymore since I put the screen in. Also keep in mind that there is a restricted airflow for a reason :p

I use my straight tube so that it won't spin around like my bent tube, I get annoyed trying to chase it :lol:

Yoshi,

$un

Solo seems to make my throat & mouth very dry & makes it a little less enjoyable.
Does anyone have a suggestion on this?

$un,

sam reynolds

because "Samantha" is a mouthful.
Solo seems to make my throat & mouth very dry & makes it a little less enjoyable.

Have you tried vaping through water? Skim through the thread and you'll see lots of options.

sam reynolds,
Reactions: $un

hoptimum

Run it through some sort of water tool. That seems to cool it down a bit.

hoptimum,

$un

something like aquavape? or a bubbler would be better? i still want to keep it as portable as i can..

$un,

Yoshi

Woah
something like aquavape? or a bubbler would be better? i still want to keep it as portable as i can..

I personally use my bong, but anything that has water filtration would work. Those aquavapes look really nifty for portable usage, but requires a whip. With a scientific bubbler you can attach it directly to it.

Yoshi,

sam reynolds

because "Samantha" is a mouthful.

Try sipping--alternate inhaling vapor and normal air. Or see if a lower temp setting works. Either way, you'll still want to drink fluids...which you're doing anyway, right? ;)

jambandphan03

in flavor country
we were just discussing the Pinnacle water tool on the last page or so, just skim back and read. I even posted a vid. :D Aquavape does work, I've had both sizes, the small one broke easy (inside piece came loose) you do have to use tubing to connect to the solo stem.

jambandphan03,

$un

what piece would i need to connect it to the bong? yea those aquavapes does look really cool & portable, maybe that will be next on my list to get.

we were just discussing the Pinnacle water tool on the last page or so, just skim back and read. I even posted a vid. :D

as a matter of fact i did check out that video,that setup looked really cool. what are those pieces called & where can i find them?

Try sipping--alternate inhaling vapor and normal air. Or see if a lower temp setting works. Either way, you'll still want to drink fluids...which you're doing anyway, right? ;)

yea drinking plenty of water which helps a bit, but doesn't stop the cotton mouth, really hate those! lol

Modnote: 3 posts merged. When possible, please avoid making back-to-back posts in a thread. Use the Edit feature located at the bottom of your posts. Thank you.

$un,

Jeff-K

Jeff whatever method you prefer.
I hate to waste money chasing the next new thing.
I love my SOLO's and they work very well.
Since I love wax I have the PERSEI's.

Simple.

If you do it another way power to you.

Whatever you do just have fun!
Lol are you answering besides the question on purpose? 2 times in a row?

Whatever, nevermind, I feel you're enjoying your high, keep at it!

Cheers

Jeff-K,

bopper

Has anyone had occasion to try the Pinnacle WT with one of Ed's solo stems as WonG? It should fit, since the tapered end of the wooden stems is 14mm. Will the combo produce sufficient vapor and is it too precarious in use? We don't yet have either one of Ed's stems or a solo 14mm GonG. If Ed's stems would function well in this application, their primary function as solo stems would add extra utility and obviate the need for another order from PV so soon. :cool:

Your experience or thoughts would be appreciated.

bopper,

clouded vision

I just picked up a pack of screens from my LHS & trimmed & domed them slightly to fit into my stem, the top of the screen sits about 1mm off the glass disc in my stock stem to allow for more airflow. There are a million pictures of this throughout this thread so I'm not going to post another one right now (sorry too lazy to actually take the pic or I would). I also trimmed down a screen to fit perfectly into the crucible & it just sits on the bottom all the time (pro tip: trace the outside of your stem on the screen for a perfect fit). This prevents the need to lift the stem at all.

I have noticed that one advantage of having a domed screen in my stem is, I can pack the stem tight enough that the bud won't fall out when I put it upside down & it still vapes the entire bowl consistently & completely. This would help with your problem of the flowers falling out of your stem (although the instructions that came with my solo said to turn the unit upside down to insert & remove the stem so the flowers do not fall out or get caught in the crucible).

You also mentioned the spinning stem. I had that same problem & it was driving my crazy because I use my bong the I had to be careful every time I cleared it not to drop the stem out of the unit. This was a very easy fix. I took the top metal cap off, it just unscrews very easily, find an o-ring that fits over the fatter part of the stem, put the stem in the crucible with the o-ring on it (the o-ring should sit on top of the black retaining ring), then screw the metal cap back on. I guarantee you will never complain about a spinning stem again. I can literally hold mine upside down & shake it. I have read the proper size is 113 but I just bought a small assorted pack & found one that worked.

Kaptan

Has anyone had occasion to try the Pinnacle WT with one of Ed's solo stems as WonG? It should fit, since the tapered end of the wooden stems is 14mm. Will the combo produce sufficient vapor and is it too precarious in use? We don't yet have either one of Ed's stems or a solo 14mm GonG. If Ed's stems would function well in this application, their primary function as solo stems would add extra utility and obviate the need for another order from PV so soon. :cool:

Your experience or thoughts would be appreciated.
Ed's stem and the stock stem with a bit of silicone tubing on the end both work for this purpose, but the beauty of the PV solo gong piece is that it is shorter and much easier to handle.

Kaptan,
Reactions: m0sh

clouded vision

Everyone raves over the PVHE GonG stems. Although I have not tried them yet I feel like they are not really necessary. I am simply using my stock stem with an o-ring on it in an old soft glass bong & it milks the hell out of that thing. I must say that I am jealous of all of you with your nice GonG bongs but I just can't pull the trigger on another one plus $25 for the stem. I think I am just nervous to lay out that kind of money again for something so fragile. I used to have a nice beaker (no name but still very nice) until one night my cat decided to knock my nice steamroller off my end table & it landed on my bong taking out my 2 best pieces at the same time (I was so mad at the time but it was what led me here & got me to give up combustion completely). When it happened I had already been looking for a vaporizer to supplement my smoking.
After buying my solo I didn't have the funds to put down on a nice piece of glass & didn't want some china glass but I did want to try water filtration with my solo. Anyway I had an old empty bottle of bong vodka sitting around that I had intended to make into an actual bong years ago but never got around to it. A few measurements later I realized that the stem on the solo fits perfectly into a 15/16mm (I measured it to be 15, the "glass blower" I got it from said it was 16mm but I had to explain to him what I meant when I asked for soft glass, either way it is the standard middle sized soft glass downstem) down stem with an o-ring on it.
Does the GonG really make that much difference for anyone or should I just save money? Mind you I can buy another soft glass bong cheaper than it would be to repair a nice GonG bong let alone buy it in the first place.

clouded vision,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Everyone raves over the PVHE GonG stems. Although I have not tried them yet I feel like they are not really necessary.

I am simply using my stock stem with an o-ring on it in an old soft glass bong & it milks the hell out of that thing.

Does the GonG really make that much difference for anyone or should I just save money?

You start by saying you don't think its necessary then you ask us if its worth it?

Of course you don't "need" it, heck you can work with silicone ... why not?

Look what post before you Kaptan says :

"The beauty of the PV solo gong piece is that it is shorter and much easier to handle."

This is the deal...if you had an 18mm bubbler you'd have to get a reducer to make it work...but today you can get either the PV 18mm GoNG or thE PVHES 18mm GoNG

It makes it much shorter and easier to handle...IMO it worth the money and IMO the best stem for the solo.

m0sh,
Reactions: b0

clouded vision

You're right I definitely did contradict myself right there. I guess I was hoping someone would talk me into buying something I want but know I don't need lol.

I have been watching videos of the Mobius Matrix for a whiel now & would love it but I am just too cheap for that.

clouded vision,

m0sh

You're right I definitely did contradict myself right there. I guess I was hoping someone would talk me into buying something I want but know I don't need lol.

I have been watching videos of the Mobius Matrix for a whiel now & would love it but I am just too cheap for that.

Take a look at the difference while using a stock/wood stem and using the GoNG stem with your bubbler:
SXY7v.jpg

uf1EL.jpg

So you can live without it, but it does make your life easier.
I recommend anyone getting the PVHES GoNG stem...because I like it dry as well!.

m0sh

Oh guys quick question?

The power adapter is charging the solo while using it or it can't charge...

I guess if it can't charge then if I use the power adapter I won't be using the battery power therefore it will be wise to keep using the PA as much as possible ...

m0sh,

b0

Cloudy...
Oh guys quick question?

The power adapter is charging the solo while using it or it can't charge...

I guess if it can't charge then if I use the power adapter I won't be using the battery power therefore it will be wise to keep using the PA as much as possible ...

It can't charge. It's suposed that the PA bypass the battery, so in theory you won't charge/discharge it. Some one told me here that he noticed some discharging, but I almost always use the PA in my M1A3 and never noticed any discharge at all. If I have my battery at 7 for example and use my PA everyday for a week the battery will still be at 7.

b0,
Top Bottom