Arizer Solo

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
When I am using it with the bong I will cook it for about 30 - 45 seconds and get a big cloud of tasty vapor. This is at 7 of course

CentiZen,

musicisevil

Do any of you know what type of seal is used where the glass pipe fits. Are these O-Rings or
anything special. Is it trying to get some sort of lock to prevent air from entering through the
top.

Depending on your model the crucible (part that keeps the glass snug in the unit) is either ceramic or stainless steel. It is not necessary to seal the unit from air entering around the glass tube, in fact PVHES tubes have channels ground into the outer surface of the glass to let more air in.

musicisevil,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Please oh please tell me when I can try my solo. I got it many hours ago and have not had a chance. I did charge it. I did two burns but more after that not on purpose trying to get the stupid stem in. That is a horrible experience. I read it gets easier with time.

I will use it at some point tonight...load stem half way and use? If not please advise.

Dreamerr,

Ontariovapes

Load it all the way Dreamerr, it's not that much, certainly no more than the Inh and it vapes better when full. Don't pack, just fill. Start at 3 or 4 and work your way up. A stir doesn't hurt either.

Ontariovapes,

Dreamerr

Ok doing it now then will go do my chores. I guess a paper clip will have to do the stirring.

Update: If I don't break the stem by tomorrow I will be very surprised. I dropped half the bowl on me taking it out. I actually thought the core was coming out with it, of course it wasn't. Putting it in, that sounds funny, was really hard. I did swivel it around when I did it empty and did full as well cause I couldn't get it out, still sounds funny. How long does it take till it gets smoother?

I will practice all night if I have to.:D

As far as the learning curve...what do I need to know except remember to wait for it to heat up? Yes, I do forget go figure. You see what I wrote under my name "state of confusion" not really a joke:\

I will make no initial comments until I use it the whole night. I did get bits in my mouth, oh shit this is a comment, but I usually like that so no issue. I used to always pull a piece out of the end of a joint to chew on. Am I the only weird one? Don't answer that. :haw:

Dreamerr,

poonman

Ok doing it now then will go do my chores. I guess a paper clip will have to do the stirring.

Update: If I don't break the stem by tomorrow I will be very surprised. I dropped half the bowl on me taking it out. I actually thought the core was coming out with it, of course it wasn't. Putting it in, that sounds funny, was really hard. I did swivel it around when I did it empty and did full as well cause I couldn't get it out, still sounds funny. How long does it take till it gets smoother?

I will practice all night if I have to.:D

As far as the learning curve...what do I need to know except remember to wait for it to heat up? Yes, I do forget go figure. You see what I wrote under my name "state of confusion" not really a joke:\

I will make no initial comments until I use it the whole night. I did get bits in my mouth, oh shit this is a comment, but I usually like that so no issue. I used to always pull a piece out of the end of a joint to chew on. Am I the only weird one? Don't answer that. :haw:

To avoid getting bits in your mouth ,
put a screen in the stem , did they send you some like they had said ?

Anyways ,
practice all night ,
will check back with you tomorrow .

Enjoy Dreamerr

poonman,

Dreamerr

No but I didn't get my whole order yet. I like the bits. I am practicing hard.

Dreamerr,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I like the bits.

tumblr_m9qa09DTMc1qdnncto1_500.jpg

vorrange

Vapor.wise
No but I didn't get my whole order yet. I like the bits. I am practicing hard.

Ahah, you made me laugh dreamerr. It almost looks difficult to set up the Solo, :D

I don't mind the bits although i don't say i like 'em but since i like to use a good grind, the screen is essential for a good experience and also it helps keeping the stem clean for more time.

About the stem, after my first run-in at 7, i was able to put it in. Right now it is still getting looser, which is an element of concern for me since i like to use it upside down and remove the stem between hits to diminish the conduction process.

I noticed, although i am not entirely certain, that the flavour lasts longer if i pull the stem between hits.

vorrange,

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
To avoid getting bits in your mouth ,
put a screen in the stem

i never use screens, i grind up my bud (not MFLB fine) and i have NEVER gotten bits in my mouth. hmmmmmm i wonder what i do different (not that i want bits in my mouth)

mmenzie,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
i never use screens, i grind up my bud (not MFLB fine) and i have NEVER gotten bits in my mouth. hmmmmmm i wonder what i do different (not that i want bits in my mouth)

I think the grind is the key, i prefer finer grinds since it allows for a better extraction in most vaporizers.

When i first started vaping i did not care much about it since when combusting there was no need for super fine grinds, the mflb has taught me the importance of a finer ground to allow a more thorough and even extraction and nowadays i use an "mflb grind" in all my vapes, except maybe the gn0me slider.

vorrange,

Dreamerr

I only got a few bits in my mouth the whole night till I ran the batt down to 2 then I switched to the INH. A few pieces is not a big deal. I don't think I want a screen either but as I woman I reserve the right to change my mind a thousand times.

I still need way more usage as differences to me are strange and more then likely cause I am strange and different in the way I feel about things. I like the initial taste in the INH way better. I can taste different strains better. I love the cooler vapor of the solo and the fact that the grind never tastes bad even running the same grind through twice. If I remember correctly I used four strains so far. I will use more later but going out with the INH since no way to protect the stem yet.

I do have to work in the bent stem as well so I guess that is my "JOB" for today:rofl:It is getting easier to put the stem in. Maybe by the end of the day I can take damn stem off my signature if I get to the straight stem today.

I did get my "course" grind in the holes and blew them out. I also managed to get a piece stuck in the small hole on the base. Nobody mentioned that at least recently and I had a hell of a time getting it out. It was stuck but good. I should have used a tweezer but I used a paper clip and I bet some got knocked inside oh well. Any suggestions not to get the grind in the base?

I also noticed that glass takes a long time to dry from iso. I ended up after hours of drying using it wet but upside down. I couldn't wait anymore. I blew as hard as I could from both ends to get out as much as possible but I did that after dipping it anyhow so I wasn't sure why it was still wet inside. I used the solo upside down all the sessions anyhow since laying down.

Tamataz

Icelander
Strange, rubbing alcohol shouldn't take long to dry. Did you use just ISO or add water as well? I rinse my piece with water after anyways.

Tamataz,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I only got a few bits in my mouth the whole night till I ran the batt down to 2 then I switched to the INH. A few pieces is not a big deal. I don't think I want a screen either but as I woman I reserve the right to change my mind a thousand times.

I still need way more usage as differences to me are strange and more then likely cause I am strange and different in the way I feel about things. I like the initial taste in the INH way better. I can taste different strains better. I love the cooler vapor of the solo and the fact that the grind never tastes bad even running the same grind through twice. If I remember correctly I used four strains so far. I will use more later but going out with the INH since no way to protect the stem yet.

I do have to work in the bent stem as well so I guess that is my "JOB" for today:rofl:It is getting easier to put the stem in. Maybe by the end of the day I can take damn stem off my signature if I get to the straight stem today.

I did get my "course" grind in the holes and blew them out. I also managed to get a piece stuck in the small hole on the base. Nobody mentioned that at least recently and I had a hell of a time getting it out. It was stuck but good. I should have used a tweezer but I used a paper clip and I bet some got knocked inside oh well. Any suggestions not to get the grind in the base?

I also noticed that glass takes a long time to dry from iso. I ended up after hours of drying using it wet but upside down. I couldn't wait anymore. I blew as hard as I could from both ends to get out as much as possible but I did that after dipping it anyhow so I wasn't sure why it was still wet inside. I used the solo upside down all the sessions anyhow since laying down.

You don't sound that happy with the Solo, not that you sound unhappy, but it seems you feel there are some things that need improvement. ;)

I suggest you try and get some screens nonetheless, i feel it will bring you more confort and of course, better extraction.

vorrange,

Dreamerr

Strange, rubbing alcohol shouldn't take long to dry. Did you use just ISO or add water as well? I rinse my piece with water after anyways.

Just iso, chucked the stem in an old pill jar that I filled with iso. I pulled it out dried it, blew on the outside and through both sides of the stem and hours later still saw dots. When I blew again saw the iso moving. I was amazed especially since I am in a very dry climate. Silicone tubes, now that I think about it do the same thing but dry a bit faster but I could be wrong. I am not sure I want to use this water on anything. Unfortunately I have to shower in it and wash my clothes in it.

Dreamerr,

JDR

Just iso, chucked the stem in an old pill jar that I filled with iso. I pulled it out dried it, blew on the outside and through both sides of the stem and hours later still saw dots. When I blew again saw the iso moving. I was amazed especially since I am in a very dry climate. Silicone tubes, now that I think about it do the same thing but dry a bit faster but I could be wrong. I am not sure I want to use this water on anything. Unfortunately I have to shower in it and wash my clothes in it.

You couldn't use filtered water to rinse off your stuff with?

JDR,

natural farmer

After an ISO bath just wash with soap and rinse with hot/warm water and air dry for 10-20 mins like you would do with a glass. That's all it takes. Cleaning the glass stem of the Solo is the easiest maintenance I have done yet with a vaporizer. And that's the only maintenance this bad boy needs! :rockon:

PS: if your weed is around 60% moisture you can do without a screen as it doesn't crumble but the screen improves the airflow a little...

natural farmer,

MrNorml

I use a screen in all my Solo stems.
If I don't use a screen, I get material sucked into my lungs, causing a coughing fit that can last a long time (sort of allergic reaction I guess). I would not consider not using a screen unless I was using water filtration or some such. I do find I have to clean the screens often (maybe every 2 days) and generally now remove the screen and put it over a gas burner flame which gets it super clean. In fact, the Solo uses more cleaning than any other vaporizer I have, but it doesn't take long and the Solo does work so well. ... I find the Solo much easier to puff off of than the Pax (which I like a lot) to the point where the Pax is for travel, Solo for daily use. I soak stems in either 151 rum or 97 ISO and clean with paper towel rolled into the stem. Again, it takes all of a couple minutes to clean it off - just slightly more work to clean than the Pax. Got one of Ed's stems, but prefer the Solo bent stem myself...

MrNorml,

X24

As for the screen vs no screen, I find that the stems don't let a whole lot of bits pull through due to the slow draw speed. However, especially as you break in your stems, the airflow gets a bit better and screens become increasingly nice.

Additionally, use of a screen allows for the "vacuum loading technique", where you simply suck up ground herb. Probably the best reason for a screen.

I'm still interested in your comparison of the Solo and INH after you use the Solo a bit more. INH has intrigued me ever since I started looking into a new portable to replace my MFLB. I literally was at the checkout page of Amazon ready to buy the INH, but then I decided the $90 extra sounded nice, and the Solo was much more established and just about every kink had already been worked out.

Dreamerr

JDR and ili did you mean go all the way over to the sink and rinse damn that is far and then I have to get the filtered water out too ugh :rofl:I haven't died from the iso yet :D.

I was deciding on the solo when I bought the DV. At the moment about to go for the bent stem today. Used INH all morning cause I was out. I have a lot of strange things to say about the differences to me but you will have to wait a few days for me to form my crazy thoughts.

upupandaway didn't I say don't answer that:lol:

We are all different and our bodies process stuff differently and even at different times especially woman with hormone changes constantly. Taste is going to be a strange post.

Dreamerr,

poonman

I'm impressed mm ,
I use the same fine grind for both the Solo and the mflb daily .

For the same reason , better even extraction . The first time I used the Solo .
Just by sucking up the grind for loading , I could see the grind come up thru the stem .
No , the grind didn't make it into my mouth actually .
But I started using a screen from then on , and now I find it keeps the stems cleaner .
or filled with less debris .

Even with the NO2 fine screens that I use . I still get some
grind making it up the stems after heavy usage . I have the 4 holes stock stems .

I would like it , if our LHS would have stock of PVHES stems/accessories .
I would pay the markup cost for ...faster easier availability when needed .
Heck , as mentioned , I live in Toronto and I can't even wait for them to ship it to me ...LOL

Yes , once they get in full production first .
Come on Planetvape , start mass producing them lovely glassware for the Solo owners .

poonman,
Top Bottom