Arizer Solo

Vitolo

Vaporist
M1D2 is the newest of all Solos.
A few arrived for members of our community... and they are improved in a few ways.. the biggest being a better battery life.
The stems are tighter as well than any of the previous ones.
At first I was not all that excited, but after a few days I am.
Of course the PV stems are still a must have item with this vape!

weedemon

enthusiast
Very happy to hear your input on them vitolo! If you come across anything else I would be very happy to hear them as well! :)

how long is average recharging time? 3-4 hours seems to be what I have seen so far? (only on pg 215 so far...)

yesterday I got 5 or 6 sessions out of mine before i discovered that the battery was drained. on the last go I was thinking wtf? It wont heat over the number one setting! I finally realized what was going on. and then i plugged it into the power adapter i got with it so i could keep using it.

this morning i did 2 stems on #4 setting (this took 2 12 min cycles + a little bit more of a 3rd) and i checked the battery after each stem. I rebooted the device to check the battery. I lost one bar each time for the stem

quick question. would it be a correct thought of mine to be that I should try not to unplug it until it is done charging completely? I'm thinking in terms of the battery losing it's ability to fully charge in the future if i pre maturely pull the plug on it when it's charging?

It took a bit of force to push the stem into place the first time for me too! I just held it on there letting the warmth heat up the glass and after 5 min or so it went in.

weedemon,

Vitolo

Vaporist
The new generation of Lithium based bateries is pretty versatile. You can charge any time... and can stop any time, although convenience on the road dictates we charge fully for max "go" power!
My charges are faster that 2-3 hours.
When I get way down in Battery life, a charge to full seems to take about an hour and a half.
If you need a fast vape.. and are not fully charged... you are safe to unplug and vape with the charge being lower....
The battery will be fine... and this is lucky, because you are anxious to use that new tool!

weedemon

enthusiast
Lol yes you know exactly how I'm feeling! Looking at it charging up.... come on... come on... haha been 30 min, and i got the 2 bars of power back, but it's still flashing so not full yet. I find going from 7 flashing to 7 solid green is the longest part of the charging process. kind of like that watched kettle/toaster saying. :p

that's great to know I can unplug at any time and not worry about damaging the battery.

*edit ok it's done charging. from 5 to 7 solid green in 38 min.

weedemon,

JCat

Accessory Maker
Hey Weedemon, glad to hear your enjoying your new Solo! So after the first bit of use how do you find it compares to the TV?

JCat,

weedemon

enthusiast
I prefer the clouds off the solo. with my TV I am working with batteries that I should replace though. I currently use 2 sets of batteries for one bowl in my TV. I'm pulling bigger clouds with the solo.

I should do a side by side taste comparison sometime. so far though I have to say I am impressed with the solo. it's definitely going to be my portable solution for the time being! I was also pleasantly surprised with how small it actually is. I imagined it was bigger.

JCat

Accessory Maker
Glad to hear your happy with it! (Just wait until you get the PVHES stems, it much improves the experience).

Until you get PVHES stems though, a little trick I find works well is when you draw on the stem, lift it slightly off the bottom of the bowl (and I also usually tilt a little to the back or front). This will help with airflow significantly. When using the PV GonG adapter with my Solo and the bubbler, I actually lift my Solo ever so slightly up off the GonG adapter in a similar way--makes a big difference.

I'm still waiting for my Ed's stems (anxiously!)

JCat,

Vitolo

Vaporist
About consistency.
I told you, that I had helped 3 community members acquire a Solo.
I had the great fortune to have all 3 brand new units here, next to my units.. at the same time.
I got to plug in 5 Solos and watch 5 charge. I got to see each unit get a first "test run" by the new owner, and I was able to see all units recharge.
I turned on all units and set power level repeatedly.
These things are like clockwork.... I am impressed by the sameness in the timing on all the units, and especially impressed when this is done next to an M104 (4 mos old) and M107 (1 year old).
Consistent!

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
About consistency.
I had the great fortune to have all 3 brand new units here, next to my units.. at the same time.
I got to plug in 5 Solos and watch 5 charge. I got to see each unit get a first "test run" by the new owner, and I was able to see all units recharge.
These things are like clockwork.... I am impressed by the sameness in the timing on all the units, and especially impressed when this is done next to an M104 (4 mos old) and M107 (1 year old).
Consistent!

and even better is the lack of learning curve. Been messing with my TV for 3 days and still no flavor or clouds like the solo. I'm sure I will get it dialed in but its not an easy vape to just pick up and be happy with. Arizer hit that nail squarely on the head. I've heard so many times that Vaping doesn't work. Heard it at the cup and had to bust on the Solo let em become believers... Glad your fellow patients are enjoying them....

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
and even better is the lack of learning curve. Been messing with my TV for 3 days and still no flavor or clouds like the solo. I'm sure I will get it dialed in but its not an easy vape to just pick up and be happy with. Arizer hit that nail squarely on the head. I've heard so many times that Vaping doesn't work. Heard it at the cup and had to bust on the Solo let em become believers... Glad your fellow patients are enjoying them....
There's always a small learning curve to perfect this vape! :) I think most of the people leave the stem inside all time...I barely do so and with my bong set up its actually common sense to remove it every hit

What cup you talking about btw? cannabis cup?

natural farmer

I was ready to trade my favourite Solo with a TV1 today but just... didn't.... have.... the.... guts to do it in the end..... :freak: I was really intrigued by the fully mechanical design of the Thermo and it's together-for-ever promises and thought that I would learn to use it and make it a part of my routines but reached to the conclusion that I would have to invest more and more money to get it to fit there... Read the whole TV thread twice, saw all the vids but there seem to be many more people that are disappointed with the Thermo than with the Solo... As Vito put it... Consistency! Solo + Vaporlung =
B L I S S :love:

Kief

Medicated
yesterday I got 5 or 6 sessions out of mine before i discovered that the battery was drained. on the last go I was thinking wtf? It wont heat over the number one setting! I finally realized what was going on. and then i plugged it into the power adapter i got with it so i could keep using it.

this morning i did 2 stems on #4 setting (this took 2 12 min cycles + a little bit more of a 3rd) and i checked the battery after each stem. I rebooted the device to check the battery. I lost one bar each time for the stem

quick question. would it be a correct thought of mine to be that I should try not to unplug it until it is done charging completely? I'm thinking in terms of the battery losing it's ability to fully charge in the future if i pre maturely pull the plug on it when it's charging?

The new generation of Lithium based bateries is pretty versatile. You can charge any time... and can stop any time, although convenience on the road dictates we charge fully for max "go" power!
My charges are faster that 2-3 hours.
When I get way down in Battery life, a charge to full seems to take about an hour and a half.
If you need a fast vape.. and are not fully charged... you are safe to unplug and vape with the charge being lower....
The battery will be fine... and this is lucky, because you are anxious to use that new tool!

Yes, these batteries can put up with charging in-between every use. They do not like to be fully drained, you will get more life out of them if you don't let them die completely.

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
There's always a small learning curve to perfect this vape! :) I think most of the people leave the stem inside all time...I barely do so and with my bong set up its actually common sense to remove it every hit

What cup you talking about btw? cannabis cup?

Sure all vapes have some learning. I didn't know whether to put the herb in the oven or the stem when I got mine and accidently stuck my finger in there like an idiot. the TV and MFLB seem an order of magnitude more complicated to me.

I leave my stem in unless I'm really after flavor and then I remove it.

Yes I was talking about the Medical cannabis cup in San Francisco last weekend. Great event...

results are here:
http://hightimes.com/lounge/ht_admin/7754

one of our own FC folks THC Scientific grew the 1st place hybrid entry (Larry OG) for Cali Connection.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I'm curious about the PVHES and Ed's stems scratching the bowl as well. Mostly because I have a ceramic m104 and want to preserve the ceramic. Anyone know how they would fit in a m104 and if they might scratch or chip the ceramic off? I wouldn't care at all if I had a SS bowl, but with ceramic I will hold off until I know for sure.

stickstones,

Vitolo

Vaporist
They fit very easily in the M104... not a mark
Ed's stem spins easily. All slide nicely. The ceramic in the 104 is rock solid, in my experience.

Vitolo,

Mud

how do i get one of those PVHES stems? they say sold out on the planetvape.ca site.. want to try this, just heard about em.

Mud,
Sure all vapes have some learning. I didn't know whether to put the herb in the oven or the stem when I got mine and accidently stuck my finger in there like an idiot. the TV and MFLB seem an order of magnitude more complicated to me.

I leave my stem in unless I'm really after flavor and then I remove it.

Yes I was talking about the Medical cannabis cup in San Francisco last weekend. Great event...

results are here:
http://hightimes.com/lounge/ht_admin/7754

one of our own FC folks THC Scientific grew the 1st place hybrid entry (Larry OG) for Cali Connection.
that is the shit!!! Congrats THC Scientific!

VapeNStone,

Gandalf

how do i get one of those PVHES stems? they say sold out on the planetvape.ca site.. want to try this, just heard about em.

PlanetVape replied to me on the previous page of this thread saying the PVHES stems would likely be back in stock by the end of the week.

Gandalf,
Reactions: Mud

damienm420

About consistency.
Consistent!

So Vito, I'm curious, what made you get into using the solo? You used to not like it?

damienm420,

Vitolo

Vaporist
So Vito, I'm curious, what made you get into using the solo? You used to not like it?
I never liked the solos. I did not like the stem configuration, or the fit.
What made me give the solo a second chance was "Sessnet". He sent me a gift of some stems he had gotten from PlanetVape. They worked so well, I acquired more from them.
PlanetVapes design made me LOVE using the Solo.
Then my good friend Ed's TNT made a wooden stem for the solo.
These innovative people made the solo acceptable.
If it were not for them, the reliable and well built Solo would have remained invisible to me, and to many others!

Vitolo

Vaporist
More news on the Solo front, for you folks that just got in on the Solo.
We all go crazy looking for cases, and ways to transport our portables. I have a case solution to almost every portable, that was made by the manufacturer….
The trick is finding a cool one that you invent.. like my "Sucrets Tin" MFLB case!
So many of us have Solos, and we want to pack 'em up and roll.
I saw
I took that suggestion of FC Member "stinac", back at POST by stinac and looked into this V33 Leather Hard Case Bag For Panasonic.. and ordered it.
It was 15.00 with free shipping, but there are a few on there for 13.99. The one thing that did surprise me, was that it truly is all leather, and very good quality, with a cloth protective "hinge" inside that prevents contents from slipping out the sides!

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
They fit very easily in the M104... not a mark
Ed's stem spins easily. All slide nicely. The ceramic in the 104 is rock solid, in my experience.

I will have to agree. I was worried because ed's stems are sharp to the touch but my original first solo ceramic M104 has still never chipped or appears worn from using ed's stem's...

I don't use ed's stem's all the time though. At home for flavor and out and about because its less breakable than glass. At home the extra conduction from a glass stem seems to me to provide a bit extra conduction and thicker vapor. I'm still expecting one day the ceramic will chip bit its holding strong. I still prefer the SS bowl and the newer software and the tighter neck fit of the latest models but I could live happily ever after with my Solo's of any model.

natural farmer

More news on the Solo front, for you folks that just got in on the Solo.
We all go crazy looking for cases, and ways to transport our portables. I have a case solution to almost every portable, that was made by the manufacturer….
The trick is finding a cool one that you invent.. like my "Sucrets Tin" MFLB case!
So many of us have Solos, and we want to pack 'em up and roll.
I saw
I took that suggestion of FC Member "stinac", back at POST by stinac and looked into this V33 Leather Hard Case Bag For Panasonic.. and ordered it.
It was 15.00 with free shipping, but there are a few on there for 13.99. The one thing that did surprise me, was that it truly is all leather, and very good quality, with a cloth protective "hinge" inside that prevents contents from slipping out the sides!

Vape model Vitolo presenting... :rofl: Loved the last modelling part man! Cheers! :cheers:

Top Bottom