Arizer Solo

vape4life

Banned for life
I've owned many of these, and they are extremely reliable. However, i'm starting to get these headaches that some were mentioning earlier in the thread. It's probably from the restriction on inhalation, and after a break i've used it quite a bit, but damn i'm talking day 3 of this low grade headache now. This is probably the 3rd or 4th time it's happened, so I can't confirm it's directly from the Solo, but I think it may be.

vape4life,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
yeah, the hard pull gets annoying, i miss my whip vapes now :( heh, two solos in one bong....thats nice. id mix me some sour d in one bowl, then some tasty sweet island skunk in the other, ah yea :)

Xchadb,

vape4life

Banned for life
Ya, a few months back I bought an EQ and couldn't believe how effortless the airflow was through the whip. But for the sacrifice of airflow, the vapour quality/density and battery life (and overall features) on this thing are so worth it, not to mention the new PV stems/gongs that will only help airflow. I've actually developed a new style of inhaling that makes the airflow pretty good, but even when I do that, I can feel that tension style headache and pain in my neck. Solution for me is to stop using it as a DD and more as an occasional portable, which is exactly what is going to happen.

vape4life,

good_psy

So is this vape reliable?

Hate to say it, but the Solo is not reliable in my experience.

Perhaps I'm just unlucky, but I'm about to return my second Solo. First one was the older ceramic version - stopped heating after about 6 months of casual use.

The replacement (M107) won't charge with the supplied adapter. Attempting to charge the solo triggers an electronic glitch where the blue light keeps flashing even when off, and can only be solved by manually disconnecting the internal battery.

There REALLY should be a way to completely turn the solo off without opening the case. It seems that the solo is actually in standby when "off". This is poor design. A physical on/off switch is needed, that breaks the circuit and actually turns the unit off.

So I got a new adapter today and that didn't work either, so the problem is the solo's faulty electronics to do with charging the battery.

I should also point out that a faulty solo is potentially a fire hazard or could cause burns. This current faulty unit I have, one time I thought it was off (no lights) but it was actually on and heating up without any limit. When I picked it up I got a real scare because the solo was super hot all over - too hot to touch and couldn't be switched off because it was already switched "off". So I had to quickly unscrew and open case and disconnect battery without burning myself on the hot outer casing. A physical on-off switch would have prevented this.

The above scenario is recall material. Any device which can potentially keep heating without stopping or any way to shut off, is not fit for the market. Even if the result of a fault, there needs to be safeguards against such a malfunction. I'll guess that the M107 days are numbered and we'll see a new model with improved circuitry at some point.

When they work, they are great. Maybe even the best. But I'll be looking around for something else in the portable range. Two failed devices is hopeless.

You have been warned!

good_psy,

darco

Hate to say it, but the Solo is not reliable in my experience.

Perhaps I'm just unlucky, but I'm about to return my second Solo. First one was the older ceramic version - stopped heating after about 6 months of casual use.

The replacement (M107) won't charge with the supplied adapter. Attempting to charge the solo triggers an electronic glitch where the blue light keeps flashing even when off, and can only be solved by manually disconnecting the internal battery.

There REALLY should be a way to completely turn the solo off without opening the case. It seems that the solo is actually in standby when "off". This is poor design. A physical on/off switch is needed, that breaks the circuit and actually turns the unit off.

So I got a new adapter today and that didn't work either, so the problem is the solo's faulty electronics to do with charging the battery.

I should also point out that a faulty solo is potentially a fire hazard or could cause burns. This current faulty unit I have, one time I thought it was off (no lights) but it was actually on and heating up without any limit. When I picked it up I got a real scare because the solo was super hot all over - too hot to touch and couldn't be switched off because it was already switched "off". So I had to quickly unscrew and open case and disconnect battery without burning myself on the hot outer casing. A physical on-off switch would have prevented this.

The above scenario is recall material. Any device which can potentially keep heating without stopping or any way to shut off, is not fit for the market. Even if the result of a fault, there needs to be safeguards against such a malfunction. I'll guess that the M107 days are numbered and we'll see a new model with improved circuitry at some point.

When they work, they are great. Maybe even the best. But I'll be looking around for something else in the portable range. Two failed devices is hopeless.

You have been warned!

Thats scary! I was about to order an m107. I have been using my trusty m102 everyday for more than a year with no problems though.

darco,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
^^^ Well I read that you used it without charging it, now you don't do that with Any electronic unit and since you did so I will assume that you are quite careless

Then again, I don't know what to tell you

For me, everything works fine and even if you are 1 out out 2000 it doesn't make it unreliable

M107 for me is flawless thank god.

m0sh,
Damn, a 110 dollar Solo is super inviting.

Can anyone who has used the M106 and newer units contrast them?

Sorry to hear about your Solo going atomic, Psy. That could of ended badly.

charliedontsurf,

good_psy

^^^ Well I read that you used it without charging it, now you don't do that with Any electronic unit and since you did so I will assume that you are quite careless

That's true.. I did use it straight out of the box without charging first. But I'm going to take a guess that doing such a thing shouldn't permanently harm the device or cause such severe problems.

I hope I am that 1 guy in 2000. I'll be on my 3rd Solo soon, so in 6 months I'll let this forum know how that goes!

I'd still recommend it because it's so much fun... but just be aware that the solo is a relatively new device, and we are the beta testers.

good_psy,

m0sh

That's true.. I did use it straight out of the box without charging first. But I'm going to take a guess that doing such a thing shouldn't permanently harm the device or cause such severe problems.

Wrong guess, you have undoubtedly caused problems to your battery - this is a warning that every manufacture is stating.

Damn, a 110 dollar Solo is super inviting.

Can anyone who has used the M106 and newer units contrast them?

Perhaps you have not been reading but people above said it is reliable and I'm included...I have the M107 for about 2 weeks and its works amazingly well.

m0sh,

dopefiend

I've not tried the earlier models, but have had the M107 since March, have heavily used it, including a week in Amsterdam, and I've even dropped it and its mouthpieces several times, and it still works perfectly. Thick clouds of very tasty vapour.

I'd even go so far as to say it's the best vaporizer I own, and I own a Volcano Classic, Volcano Digit, Iolite, WISPR, Launch Box, ThermoVape Evolution, Plenty, Vapir One, and a non-functioning Cloud.

dopefiend,
Wrong guess, you have undoubtedly caused problems to your battery - this is a warning that every manufacture is stating.

Perhaps you have not been reading but people above said it is reliable and I'm included...I have the M107 for about 2 weeks and its works amazingly well.

I have owned 2 solos in the past, and am not questioning the reliability of the Solo in general but rather the differences between production runs, such as battery life and temperature differences, which many people have noted in the past. This is a tremendous thread and no one has the time to comb it completely.

charliedontsurf,

m0sh

I have owned 2 solos in the past, and am not questioning the reliability of the Solo in general but rather the differences between production runs, such as battery life and temperature differences, which many people have noted in the past. This is a tremendous thread and no one has the time to comb it completely.

A part from the user describing those battery issues I have seen no issues being brought up here...

There were issues before and they were addressed...

I've not tried the earlier models, but have had the M107 since March, have heavily used it, including a week in Amsterdam, and I've even dropped it and its mouthpieces several times, and it still works perfectly. Thick clouds of very tasty vapour.

I'd even go so far as to say it's the best vaporizer I own, and I own a Volcano Classic, Volcano Digit, Iolite, WISPR, Launch Box, ThermoVape Evolution, Plenty, Vapir One, and a non-functioning Cloud.

Nice list :)
I actually have to agree with you(even tho I only have the EQ and the Solo), this vaporizer is just amazing...the taste and vapor itself it so...pure? I dunno, I'm using it with a bong now and I can't really feel any pain or harshness...

Now with the EQ the cloud may be bigger, but I am coughing like a machine

But honestly, its all about how easy to handle and to work with it simply everywhere...
Even at home with friends, it so easy and quick to use...

I stopped with my morning smoke since I got this vape and life just gets better and better :)

m0sh,
Mosh, there are legion anecdotal accounts of people saying "this solo gets hotter than my other one," or "the battery life is better on the M-105 replacement than my warrantied M-102," maybe that has died down in the recent production runs, but that was not the case during the Solo's initial runs - back in the days of flaking ceramic, which I believe I was the first one to report and document.

Moving on though, I think one of the Solos strengths which rarely gets mentioned is how easy it is to share with the uninitiated. Most portable vaporizers require a goddamn lecture to use correctly. The MFLB, Vaporgenies, Vapman, Lotus and others all have considerable learning curves, but anyone who can inhale for fifteen seconds can get a nice cloud of the Solo.

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning, hoping those international orders show this week for you all, still looking to hear good stuff! Will have the 3000 yr old Bog Oak Solo tubes off to the photographer today, will have them and many more available first of next week!

m0sh

Mosh, there are legion anecdotal accounts of people saying "this solo gets hotter than my other one," or "the battery life is better on the M-105 replacement than my warrantied M-102," maybe that has died down in the recent production runs, but that was not the case during the Solo's initial runs - back in the days of flaking ceramic, which I believe I was the first one to report and document.

Moving on though, I think one of the Solos strengths which rarely gets mentioned is how easy it is to share with the uninitiated. Most portable vaporizers require a goddamn lecture to use correctly. The MFLB, Vaporgenies, Vapman, Lotus and others all have considerable learning curves, but anyone who can inhale for fifteen seconds can get a nice cloud of the Solo.

Well ever since they fixed the problems I haven't seen people talking about issues...

moving on, I agree with the easiness - this is why I love this vape so much

Good morning, hoping those international orders show this week for you all, still looking to hear good stuff! Will have the 3000 yr old Bog Oak Solo tubes off to the photographer today, will have them and many more available first of next week!

Really hoping its sitting in my mailbox ;)

m0sh,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
A question for those who started using the Solo from the first release.........

I purchased an M102 over a year ago and went through all the freakout hype with the ceramic chipping which led to an M105 replacement under warranty. I never got the 'stink' out or the M105 and was unhappy with the lower temps at the forefront, so I went back to my M102 (enjoyed it ever since, after getting over the paranoia of the ceramic issue), and shelved the M105 with intentions of just scooping the battery pack from it when the time comes to replace my M102 battery (which is only now starting to show its aged inefficiency).

However, and this is my question...... for those that have moved on to the latest model, are you finding a worthwhile difference (ceramic issues aside), between the m107 (or whatever latest release number is being used :rolleyes: ), that would make purchasing the latest to replace the M102 that I've been quite happy with worthwhile ??

Kindly explain your personal findings in comparison & I thank you in advance for your time.

PEACE

smokum,

Nic

That's wonderful news Ed! Does "many more" mean other wood types in addition to the Bog Oak?

Nic,

stickstones

Vapor concierge

agreed...even my wife got a good hit from it the first time, and she has very little experience.

stickstones,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
That's wonderful news Ed! Does "many more" mean other wood types in addition to the Bog Oak?

I did spin a few Cocobolo, a couple went out for beta and the other few spun really nice, so nice they were the best of the bunch, such bright multicolor grains. Was finishing them with super high grit sand paper and putting the wool on em to polish and damn if there aint'a hairline crack on the mouth end... Off to the trash they went, happened on more than a couple pieces and was not cool to say the least. I am gonna give it another shot with the second run, wish me luck!

Ed's TnT,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
I did spin a few Cocobolo, a couple went out for beta and the other few spun really nice, so nice they were the best of the bunch, such bright multicolor grains. Was finishing them with super high grit sand paper and putting the wool on em to polish and damn if there aint'a hairline crack on the mouth end... Off to the trash they went, happened on more than a couple pieces and was not cool to say the least. I am gonna give it another shot with the second run, wish me luck!
Hey Ed, back on the subject of shorty stems on the solo for a second, would it be possible for you to make a shorty stem but instead of just a thin tube, above the bowl can you make that thing just like a fatty wood mouthpiece? ya know KINDA like a hookah mouthpiece? but not all tacky? or would that have problems with heat or anything else? I just want a more comfortable mouthpiece than sucking on a straw

Xchadb,
Top Bottom