Arizer Solo

Vitolo

Vaporist
My PHVES STEM is cracked howvever still works well.
I have repaired cracks in many Solo stems for patients with a minitorch.
Pinpoint flame on the crack, and the crack begins to glow red, and then disappears. I hold onto the stem for a while before setting it down, lest a cool surface wreak havoc.
I have even taken harshly broken bowls, and using the lower shoulder for the screen, made them into new stems!
DSC02511.jpg

DSC02510.jpg

Above: 2 views of a broken stem

DSC02515.jpg

DSC02516.jpg

Above: I removed the glass partition, causing some jagged edges, which I torched to smoothness
I then placed a screen in the lower shoulder and made a "turbo stem" (no holes in a partition) from it.
The above repair still works perfectly for the owner.
The stem portion remained as dirty as the top was in the 1st two shots.
Note how clean the torching left the bowl!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I have repaired cracks in many Solo stems for patients with a minitorch.
Pinpoint flame on the crack, and the crack begins to glow red, and then disappears. I hold onto the stem for a while before setting it down, lest a cool surface wreak havoc.
I have even taken harshly broken bowls, and using the lower shoulder for the screen, made them into new stems!
DSC02511.jpg

DSC02510.jpg

Above: 2 views of a broken stem

DSC02515.jpg

DSC02516.jpg

Above: I removed the glass partition, causing some jagged edges, which I torched to smoothness
I then placed a screen in the lower shoulder and made a "turbo stem" (no holes in a partition) from it.
The above repair still works perfectly for the owner.
The stem portion remained as dirty as the top was in the 1st two shots.
Note how clean the torching left the bowl!
I threw away so many broken ones?
Wish I would have had your help?

Excuse me while I have a STEM in my SOLO!
This is how to experience CIVILIZED THOUGHT.

CANNABIS makes people smarter?

I have a few jars?

My GSC is 1/2 empty?

Maybe I'm uncivilized?

SOLO SESSION is HEALING!

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
Bummmer....After replacing the battry in my Solo, it still just shuts off after 20 red light flashes. I took the unit apart and found a broken wire, that is the wire had come disconncted from the heating waffer. Tried to solder it, but solder won't stick. Perhaps a conducting glue?
Does anyone remember the link to the site with replacement ceramic wafer heater elements. Looks like an easy fix if I had the part or a spare broken Solo with that part still intact.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Bummmer....After replacing the battry in my Solo, it still just shuts off after 20 red light flashes. I took the unit apart and found a broken wire. Tried to solder it, but solder won't stick. Perhaps a conducting glue?
Does anyone remember the link to the site with replacement ceramic wafer heater elements. Looks like an easy fix if I had the part or a spare broken Solo with that part still intact.

remember NAM? All my cousins went! I was too young. We had pounds of THAI STICKS (they brought home) however SOLO'S were not invented? I LOVE mine!

Vitolo

Vaporist
Bummmer....After replacing the battry in my Solo, it still just shuts off after 20 red light flashes. I took the unit apart and found a broken wire, that is the wire had come disconncted from the heating waffer. Tried to solder it, but solder won't stick. Perhaps a conducting glue?
Please message me for a spare solo "innards".

Rover

The Rasta Jew
Somebody on here, I'm sure several people know who(although I can't recall) pointed out that drip-tips fit in the end of a stem, so I tried that today and I was pleasantly surprised by how smooth it is. I really do love this little device.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Somebody on here, I'm sure several people know who(although I can't recall) pointed out that drip-tips fit in the end of a stem, so I tried that today and I was pleasantly surprised by how smooth it is. I really do love this little device.
Very good ideal!

I'm well MEDICATED!

Tomorrow tip city with the SOLO.
With your TIGHT PANTS ON? (Jimmy FALLON)

510 drip tip I think?

KJNOEky.jpg

GIZMO by @OF

SOLO's r great (as Tony the tiger would say)!
Need to pair @Pipes SOLO STAND?
Love it!

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Ive had my solo for 4 years now and its still going strong!

How mnay of you guys are going to get the solo 2?

Im tempted but im not sure if its enough of an improvment tbh. I might wait for the inevitable air 2.
I vape only at home.
The SOLO is great in the garden.

The 2 I plan on getting.

The white one look's so cool as well.
Correction: CONCENTRATES on the road. (MOD & TANK)

OF

How mnay of you guys are going to get the solo 2?

Im tempted but im not sure if its enough of an improvment tbh. I might wait for the inevitable air 2.

I think I'll wait to see exactly what it has to offer and how folks like it? Solo (and Air) are doing just fine by me as well.

I'm reminded of 'the old days' when car makers pushed for radical (and visual) changes to each year's models. New tools to make fenders for every model every year, retraining workers and so on to 'be competitive'. Volkswagen kept making 'the same old Beetle'. Changes and improvements (the first models didn't even have gas gauges, like motorcycles you drove until you ran out of gas, flipped the lever under the dash to connect the reserve (about a gallon) and started looking for a gas station.

While most makers were caught up in 'you have to look different' every year, VW made improvements inside. One group was tying to sell you a new car every couple of years 'cuz yours looks like an old model (even though it still works fine), the other had customers who looked forward to solid service/performance year after year.

We shall see.

OF

Buzzbomb Almighty

So relating Bugs to vapes, the danger of an l-ion battery having a meltdown while you're using it or in your pocket would be the equivalent of my gas heater's controlled explosion threatening to take me to kingdom come every time I turned it on. Was it really necessary to put that next to 20-some gallons of gas sitting over my lap?

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
If you look closely at the picture of the new white Northern Lights Edition you will see that Arizer has countersunk the area around the air holes in the heater bowl to give better airflow without having to tip or pull the stem up. An improvement for sure. https://arizer.com/solo/NLE/
If that's the case NL SOLO is for me.
A BLUE SOLO 2 as well!

My PINK one with a PHVE (broken stem made into a GonG) works fine. (one of the first)

Today is HIPPY TIME.

MEDICATE = CIVILIZED BEYOND BELIEF

Top Bottom