Arizer Solo

abhishek

No, I'm sorry I can't. But there is at least one about, perhaps someone else knows where?

It's basically simple, you remove the four screws on the bottom and push the works out the bottom. The battery is under a snap on cover (release the catches with a fingernail) behind the keyboard and plugs in. It's tight in there, lead dress in critical to getting the cover back on and the unit sliding in:
Gk2DqCK.jpg

Be sure the tabs are down flush before putting the screws in, the tabs break easily and are not covered under warranty (not necessary to normal operation.

Be sure to use the correct battery pack, the normal polarity on the connector is reversed, you could wreck your Solo with some lame aftermarket battery.......

Lots of guys have done it.

OF
This doesn't look like my cup of tea, I can never change the battery my self.
I think I will be buying Solo 2 the moment it's up for sale .Too bad my Solo and PA have gone bad,it served me so well for 2 years

BigJr48

I went from the Solo to the Air, now i'm looking for a new unit. What switch did you guys make that were SUPER HAPPY about making?

I want to reduce the heat up time, still have convection, be able to use small amounts of herb ( solo and air were great for this) , and having a strong motor. open to all ideas
I went from the Air to the Davinci IQ.

BigJr48,

Mr.Sifter

One time.

That is normal operation will return, but the next time you run it into the mud you'll face exactly the same problem again. The base problem is not the battery quality, but the deep discharge.

OF

Is every SOLO affected from this situation or do I have a "special unit" ?
In other words: Do I have a defective Unit without deep discharge protection or is very SOLO vulnerable in this aspect ?

Mr.Sifter,
Reactions: OF

OF

Is every SOLO affected from this situation or do I have a "special unit" ?
Every battery will lose it's life expectancy with deep discharges.

Yep. This is not a 'mode'. While you usually 'just take a hit' on battery capacity/life span, a single episode can be fatal. Usually, the protection PCB in the battery pack prevents severe damage (killing it right there) it can further mess things up in that there are two 18650s in the pack, the weaker of the two will 'lock up' since it got in deep trouble first so if/when it recovers that cell will be all the more weaker than it's mate. In effect the good cell hammers the weaker one against the wall.

Best avoided. Recharge sooner, while it's still your idea?

OF

Mr.Sifter

ok, i think I understand.

but i still cant figure out if I have to sell my SOLO as "defective" or "used".

I'm thinkinig about selling it and raising money for the soloII

Mr.Sifter

a new battery is 30eur.
a used solo is worth 80eur.
new solo2 is approx 220eur ?

my solo works when awoken form deepdischarge.
it lasts 5-6 stems

Mr.Sifter,

OF

ok, i think I understand.

but i still cant figure out if I have to sell my SOLO as "defective" or "used".

From what you've said it's not defective, it just needs a new battery to be up to snuff. That one may recover once again an limp along for a while. Have you left it on charge, unplugging a few times? What happened?

Why don't you just replace the battery in the unit, enjoy it until the Solo 2 becomes available...

I think it's concern on his end, perhaps justified.....his call there of course. However, perhaps if he watches a video or two he'll see how easy it really is and gain confidence? As animals we are visual, by nature, language and descriptions are adaptations that come later. Back when we climbed down out of the trees, we could see very well and remember just fine. Telling each other what to do came much later..........

FWIW I think most guys swap out the battery, or hand the job off to a friend who knows little screwdrivers and has fingernails (all you need, really). I don't recall tell of any attempts that ended in the trash (not the kind of thing a guy brags much about I guess). I forget who sells the factory battery pack? I just saw it a while back.....

OF

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
a new battery is 30eur.
a used solo is worth 80eur.
new solo2 is approx 220eur ?

my solo works when awoken form deepdischarge.
it lasts 5-6 stems
Do you actually understand what a deep discharge is? It's not the same thing as running out of battery. The Solo is not powered by lead-acid batteries. Deep discharging the kind of battery that the Solo uses can cause copper shunts to grow within the batteries which can lead to shorting or total failure of the batteries in some cases.

A new battery will last you something like 2+ years... a used Solo I would not expect to come with a new battery... You could buy 2 new batteries and a gram or two of weed for the price of a used Solo... 2 batteries will last a lot longer than a used Solo's will... :2c:

Mr.Sifter

i'm not affraid of replaceing the battery.
i screw it open and disconnect the battery everytime I run into this battery issue.
so i have done it 10x and more.

the thing is wether to invest in a new battery now while the soloII arrives.

If this deepdischarge can hapen to any solo out there (right?) my unit is not defective and I can sell it as "used".
This is 80eur.
an new battery is 30eur.

new working soloI is worth 110eur.

the new soloII will be around 220ish eur.

the question now is:
invest 30 eur for a battery and have a "new" soloI or wait a month and invest 110eur after having sold the unit and get a new soloII .....

If the question was to have a working solo I could
live with my current one = 0eur.
or invest.
30 for solo1
110 for solo2

hard to justify the 30 for solo1.
i could be trapped into thinking :"man, why did I not invest 80 bucks more and have a brandnew version"

to put in in a nuthell

80 (110/140/220)

first world problems

Last edited:

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
Weird. My black Solo with bad battery(?) looks like it has a full charge. When the heater is engaged, even by only tapping the heat button up one level results in the red light flashing exactly 20 times where it shuts off. Every time.
Question: Is the battery charging up to full voltage, but can not supply the power because the amperage has dropped due to age??? This battery is about three years old-standard Solo battery.

OF

Question: Is the battery charging up to full voltage, but can not supply the power because the amperage has dropped due to age??? This battery is about three years old-standard Solo battery.

I suspect that's exactly what's going on. In fact it's probably only one of the two 18650s in the pack. They start out well matched but often a stronger one 'beats up' the weaker one over time.

I'm afraid it's time for a battery pack swap......least ways that's what I'd be doing if it was mine.

OF

Buzzbomb Almighty

Seems like the logical thing to do is replace the battery pack and see how it works. I'd wait until the reviews are in and Solo2 can be compared in depth before committing to buy one, especially if it's so much more expensive. 110 Euros for Solo1 is about $160 Cdn , close to what they cost here, does that include shipping? If Solo2 costs 100 Euros more than that you may be better off buying a second Solo1 and rotating them. I wouldn't want to go back to having just 1 now.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
All the time, right now! #7 using either bubbler or pinnacle.
I use my Solo on 7, but I only insert the stem while drawing. I know that this is not "true" convection, but I like it. Use it hamster bottle style dry primarily, but sometimes with water.

Remember, stem only inserted into Solo while drawing. Remove between draws.
heOauIJ.jpg

5 is my number lately.
4 with this SPACE KANDY.

A battery pack with 2 PANASONIC 18650's back to 3.

Ignore me?

I'm a FLAVOR chaser!
SOLO = ALL you need.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I suspect that's exactly what's going on. In fact it's probably only one of the two 18650s in the pack. They start out well matched but often a stronger one 'beats up' the weaker one over time.

I'm afraid it's time for a battery pack swap......least ways that's what I'd be doing if it was mine.

OF
F20cpyE.jpg

My PHVES STEM is cracked howvever still works well.

I'm sure other's may like different units?

The SOLO maybe once (I update the batteries), for me it's the CATS meow!
Every three years is normal if used? It work's for me!

MEOW

SPACE KANDY = TASTE AMAZING however kind of strong?

Last edited:

Buzzbomb Almighty

Another day, another break with Solo and pinnacle. The dry stem just doesn't do it for me, and this little portable water tool has proven to be a real life-saver. The loose fitting Sunshine Store 14mm gong works well, and I'm curious (and hopeful) to see if the 'new version' ones I've ordered are as good.

Top Bottom