Arizer Solo

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I cut Bill Gates out of it too, Linux is the best! I peel all the Windows stickers off my laptops and put them on my Solos.
http://www.stickycomics.com/computer-update/
All computers are just tools?
My yougest wrote 2 books and publish them.
She uses a MAC?
My OLDEST boy uses a MAC.
My middle son uses a MAC to make videos.

I use a PC and so does my wife.
We crunch a lot of data.
PC is better for us however the KIDS like APPLE?

Use the Tool for your craft!

SOLO is the best portable to me.
Other's quit using them already?

Looking for Mr. Goodbar? (Diane Keaton was the star of this ICONIC FILM)

A collector is like this movie.

Buzzbomb Almighty

@ataxian , I thought of you today; I finished taking the last hit from my pinnacle and as I separated it from the Solo, the gong didn't stay in.... it flipped end over end and smashed into the metal frame of a chair, spewing the abv on the floor and breaking the bowl. Ordered 2 more from Sunshinestore - they've gone from $16 to $20 Cdn for 2 and this is a "new version". I don't like to buy from dhgate because I got ripped off but I like Sunshine Store, so means to an end.

Buzzbomb Almighty

Buzzbomb Almighty,
Reactions: lookhigh

exime

My Arizer Solo has serial number M1C130XXXX

Does my version run hotter or colder?

exime,
Reactions: OF

OF

I'm sorry, I'm afraid I don't understand....hotter or cooler than what? Other Solos? Average? Than advertised?

Long ago, the steps were different, but they were accurate then and now, at least for practical purposes it seems. You can expect performance very similar to other Solos and other quality vapes claiming the same temperature and having the same basic configuration.

Serial numbers are basically meaningless anyway. The maker has said as much (hint, they're not really serial....). Not a good guide to age or features.

Why do you ask? Aren't you happy with production at your chosen level?

OF

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH

Please refer to my signature ;)

I think I will be loaning my cousin my Solo some time soon. She's not getting as much use as she used to... I got a new quartz grail for one of my nicer pieces, my LSV kicks total ass at home, and my VapCap has been performing admirably out and about (plus the size is a huge bonus!). Solo has been sitting on the power adapter collecting dust mostly. Nothing really wrong with it, if I want a fast hit my VapCap warms up in ~15 seconds the first go if I heat a little lower and gives a big hit. At home the LSV obviously blows it out of the water with everything but size/portability. The VapCap immediately replaced my Solo for vaping while doing activities since it only vaporizes when I heat it, not constantly. Still... there's something magical about a quiet morning sesh with a stem full of fresh herb at level 2, listening to the world come alive.

exime

I'm sorry, I'm afraid I don't understand....hotter or cooler than what? Other Solos? Average? Than advertised?

Long ago, the steps were different, but they were accurate then and now, at least for practical purposes it seems. You can expect performance very similar to other Solos and other quality vapes claiming the same temperature and having the same basic configuration.

Serial numbers are basically meaningless anyway. The maker has said as much (hint, they're not really serial....). Not a good guide to age or features.

Why do you ask? Aren't you happy with production at your chosen level?

OF

The reason I asked is because I read an article that said different versions have different temp settings by +/- 10 C but I'm not to worried about it. I'm not getting much clouds but part of that could just be my weaker lungs I'm sure. I've been starting at 4 and slowly working up to 7 and it seems to be working although 7 turns it a very dark brown so I might start to stop at 6.

BigJr48

Can anyone suggest glass stems with BETTER airflow than factory for the Arizer Air???

I wanted to show you guys this nice glass piece I bought from @Ed's TnT. I'm trying this out for the first time. It's the Atomic Flow Booster mouthpiece made especially for the Solo. It's a nice comfortable feel to your lips with the unique tip. Your draw produces some pretty big clouds. No restricted draw IMO. There are 4 notches on the end of the glass that sits in the oven and that allows for more airflow. I see my load gets evenly toasted, including me.:lol::leaf:Now Ed sells Arizer Solo and Air glass. I also bought a whip with a glass GonG. I haven't tried that out yet.

I have some GrapeApe in my Solo tonight. I don't know if it's my imagination but I feel more medicated. Is it the mouthpiece or the bud? Maybe both.:science:

NapuFVq.jpg
Hey, can you share the link where to buy that mouthpiece???

Last edited by a moderator:

OF

Can anyone suggest glass stems with BETTER airflow than factory for the Arizer Air???

Sure, check out the PVHES (Planet Vape High Efficiency Stems) at Planet Vape (go figure....). They come in all configurations (including WT adapters) and a couple of levels of reduction/improvement to pick from.

PV is a great friend of these Forums, long time supporters. Fast delivery, great service. Free (Canadian) chips in the box.......

Hey, can you share the link where to buy that mouthpiece???

She did, Ed's TNT. It's in the first sentence, go back to her post and click on the link. Or PM Ed......

Good guy, our Ed.

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Please refer to my signature ;)

I think I will be loaning my cousin my Solo some time soon. She's not getting as much use as she used to... I got a new quartz grail for one of my nicer pieces, my LSV kicks total ass at home, and my VapCap has been performing admirably out and about (plus the size is a huge bonus!). Solo has been sitting on the power adapter collecting dust mostly. Nothing really wrong with it, if I want a fast hit my VapCap warms up in ~15 seconds the first go if I heat a little lower and gives a big hit. At home the LSV obviously blows it out of the water with everything but size/portability. The VapCap immediately replaced my Solo for vaping while doing activities since it only vaporizes when I heat it, not constantly. Still... there's something magical about a quiet morning sesh with a stem full of fresh herb at level 2, listening to the world come alive.
I'm bias!
Da SOLO is da KINE li-that!

Serial numbers are lame and lacking.

I will buy other one when this one dies?

CIVILIZED = SOLO = regardless of the serial number?

CANNABIS is the KEY to success!

SOLO's are the best portables for being at a civilized level of existences!

LEVEL 5 + SOUR DIESEL + WATER WORLD =
CIVILIZED LIVING = SOLO LIFE WORTH LIVING
HxOv7KH.jpg

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

Mr.Sifter

How do you wake a solo after he has gone it deep discharge mode.
The numbers count down to 1 and it stays on 1.
Works fine plugged to the wall but battery won't charge, green light ins blinking.
nof flickering on 1 :(

it once helped to open the device and removing the battery.
but this method is not reliable and cumbersome on the road ...

Last edited:

OF

How do you wake a solo after he has gone it deep discharge mode.

Bummer, first off, it's not a mode, it's a fault. It should be avoided for the evident 'chicken or egg' issue.

If the battery is charged enough to run the processor all is well, but if the system is dead the processor is not running and recharging is therefore stalled. The preferred technique is avoidance of course. Followed by removing the power and restarting (not a useful solution in all cases, avoidance is still advised).

Normally there is a 'trickle charge' current available to unlock such things (or things like protected 18650s could not be) but this can take a very long time compared to normal charging since the current is very low. I suspect leaving it on charge 'overnight' will bring it up to the point where unplugging the charger and plugging it in again (with the processor running this time due to more charge) normal charging should return.

Best advice is to avoid this fault, it's tough on the battery and tough on the owner. Watch the charge level and recharge before it runs dry?

Good luck with it.

OF

abhishek

Hello friends,
I need your help ,to fix my 2yr old Solo.i used to use my Solo with a power adapter all the time ,never cared about battery as such,as I always felt that the Solo performed better with it. So now whenever I move my Solo for a slightest bit also, solo automatically restarts ,when connected to my PA.
Can anyone tell me how to fix this?
I have been using Solo now days with it's battery and performance is not what it used to be , I think the battery have gone weak.
Thanks
Sorry for my English

Mr.Sifter

If the battery is charged enough to run the processor all is well, but if the system is dead the processor is not running and recharging is therefore stalled. The preferred technique is avoidance of course. Followed by removing the power and restarting (not a useful solution in all cases, avoidance is still advised).

Best advice is to avoid this fault, it's tough on the battery and tough on the owner. Watch the charge level and recharge before it runs dry?

Good luck with it.

OF

Can this problem be solved by a new battery ?

lookhigh

FC member
Hello friends,
I need your help ,to fix my 2yr old Solo.i used to use my Solo with a power adapter all the time ,never cared about battery as such,as I always felt that the Solo performed better with it. So now whenever I move my Solo for a slightest bit also, solo automatically restarts ,when connected to my PA.
Can anyone tell me how to fix this?
I have been using Solo now days with it's battery and performance is not what it used to be , I think the battery have gone weak.
Thanks

Sorry for my English
I strongly suspect the charger/pa cord is broken near the barrel connection.
Are able to test with multi meter, if you have no electronics experience i would bring the charger to a repair shop.

abhishek

I strongly suspect the charger/pa cord is broken near the barrel connection.
Are able to test with multi meter, if you have no electronics experience i would bring the charger to a repair shop.
Charger is working fine ,it charges the Solo and I can get one and a half session on a full battery.
Problem is when I use my PA and a slightest movement just resets the Solo.
I have to set the temp after each toke as Solo resets

OF

Charger is working fine ,it charges the Solo and I can get one and a half session on a full battery.
Problem is when I use my PA and a slightest movement just resets the Solo.
I have to set the temp after each toke as Solo resets

I think LH has a good point here, you might want to reconsider it? The fact that the charger cord works fine and the PA cord does not appear to I don't think are related. In fact it 'backs up' his theory? Cord breaks at the connector are a very common failure mode. It's almost surely poor electrical contact that for an instant cuts the power and forces a reset.

The battery itself is perhaps invovled as well. One or two sessions per charge is nearly dead. It's at the very end of useful life when capacity is down that much, I suspect a stronger battery might 'hold up' the power better for that fraction of a second?

Anyway, I think LH has it right, a dicey connection is your enemy?

Good luck.

OF

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
The battery on my three year old Solo died last night. At least I hope that is the case rather than a Solo replacement.
The strange part is the battery will charge to the top, everything looks ok and battery holds the charge. But when the unit starts the heating sequence, the red light flashes, but the yellow lights fail to rise. I could swap out the battery from the other unit, but I alrady have a new 3400 mah battery on the way. Love the extra 50% extra run time. My silver unit has that extra capacity battery and has worked flawlessly for maybe a year, but I did have one failure after only a month on another one. For only $24.95, I'll take the chance.

abhishek

I think LH has a good point here, you might want to reconsider it? The fact that the charger cord works fine and the PA cord does not appear to I don't think are related. In fact it 'backs up' his theory? Cord breaks at the connector are a very common failure mode. It's almost surely poor electrical contact that for an instant cuts the power and forces a reset.

The battery itself is perhaps invovled as well. One or two sessions per charge is nearly dead. It's at the very end of useful life when capacity is down that much, I suspect a stronger battery might 'hold up' the power better for that fraction of a second?

Anyway, I think LH has it right, a dicey connection is your enemy?

Good luck.

OF
Thanks for your reply ,good sir.
I think I need to find someone with electronics knowledge.
I am not sure if PA has gone bad or Solo charging pin.
Can you please point me to a guide to change solo battery
Thanks

OF

Can you please point me to a guide to change solo battery

No, I'm sorry I can't. But there is at least one about, perhaps someone else knows where?

It's basically simple, you remove the four screws on the bottom and push the works out the bottom. The battery is under a snap on cover (release the catches with a fingernail) behind the keyboard and plugs in. It's tight in there, lead dress in critical to getting the cover back on and the unit sliding in:
Gk2DqCK.jpg

Be sure the tabs are down flush before putting the screws in, the tabs break easily and are not covered under warranty (not necessary to normal operation.

Be sure to use the correct battery pack, the normal polarity on the connector is reversed, you could wreck your Solo with some lame aftermarket battery.......

Lots of guys have done it.

OF

disruptxd

I went from the Solo to the Air, now i'm looking for a new unit. What switch did you guys make that were SUPER HAPPY about making?

I want to reduce the heat up time, still have convection, be able to use small amounts of herb ( solo and air were great for this) , and having a strong motor. open to all ideas

Top Bottom