Arizer Solo

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Yeah @ataxian's last few pics are incorrectly orientated....
Maybe he fell over and hasnt noticed yet???
I was watching a "GEORGE ORWELL" video.
Some great thinkers come from ENGLAND.
{NEWTON; HUME; RUSSELL; HITCHENS} & so on!

What they did with MUSIC is amazing.
CALIFORNIA is FERTILE & full of GOLD.

I SURFED as a kid growing up.
JOINTS were the FASHION.
SURFING because the OCEAN was right there.
The wave were so awesome all the time?
As a child so I thought?

I wondered about other kids who lived where they had to SHOVEL snow just to go to school?

As a grown man I realize not all can have the same LIFE?

Now we can all enjoy CANNABIS with a SOLO.

We all share that at least!

"EXCUSE ME WHILE I KISS THE SKY"! (HENDRICKS) USA GUITARIST (ORGANIC)

JIMMY PAGE is my FAVORITE GUITARIST from across the POND!

SOLO TIME = CIVILIZED

Randy Lahey

Big debate right now is do I get an Air tomorrow, or wait for the Solo 2. I like the air over the solo because its slimmer and lighter. Both function awesome but I just like the look and feel of the air.

Will the new Solo 2 be as bulky as the old Solo? My dilemma right now is do I go get an air today or wait for the solo 2. What do you guys think ?

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Yeah @ataxian's last few pics are incorrectly orientated....
Maybe he fell over and hasnt noticed yet???
bLpJQTq.jpg

Normally I use a bubbler.
However I just cleaned my first wp. (it's not broke?)

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@Randy Lahey sounds like your heart is set on the AA. The new Solo isn't going to be stealth like the Air. It looks to be a nice upgrade to the original but that still needs to be seen. Arizer is a stellar company so I'm hoping for great things but it's just too early.

Does anyone know if this unit coming out before 4/20 or around that time? My hunch is that's when they will launch the new Solo 2.

Edit
I fixed the errors!! I didn't catch that. I use my iPad.

Last edited:

Randy Lahey

@Randy Lahey sounds like your heart is sent of the AA. The new Solo isn't going to be stealth like the Air. It looks to be a nice upgrade to the original but that is still need to be seen. Arizer is a stellar company so I'm hoping for great things but it's just too early. Does anyone know if this unit coming out before 4/20 or around that time? My hunch is that's when they will launch the new Solo 2.
lol youre so right. Thanks for the input.

OF

Will the new Solo 2 be as bulky as the old Solo? My dilemma right now is do I go get an air today or wait for the solo 2. What do you guys think ?

I think the Lady (CK) has nailed it. The Solo 2 looks to be as tall and wide but is slightly oval in cross section (as opposed to being more round). Nothing like Air. Air has somewhat reduced features but is much smaller, that's the one for you I think.

I'm with the Lady (again....), go with Air.

OF

Buzzbomb Almighty

My gongs from Sunshine Store came today, and not bad, they're a bit snug but go in, and the draw is decent. Edit: They went into my old Solo not bad, the new one was tighter and took some work. Edit 02: They have a disclaimer on the bottom of the page (my bad) saying watch out, they're tight and they sell them as bowl only. The tight one went in after I preheated the oven to 4. The bowl is large (larger than pictured) like OEM (unlike the other 14mm ones I got) but nobody's forcing you to pack it full. Hopefully my 2 into 1 adaptor will come soon and I can try the double-banging thing. "Look boys, this is what it looks like when you spend $450 to get high." :lol: I decided to order 14mm claisen things since I have enough adaptors to use the smaller gongs.
http://www.dhgate.com/product/new-arrival-glass-tobacco-smoking-built-in/260993616.html
I may try a little sanding on the real tight one, to see if it helps. It always takes a little time to evaluate anything, and I'm always a bit quick, but they seem to be decent value. I've always liked Sunshine Store.

Last edited:

Leathersmith

Big debate right now is do I get an Air tomorrow, or wait for the Solo 2. I like the air over the solo because its slimmer and lighter. Both function awesome but I just like the look and feel of the air.

I have both the Solo and the Air.. have had them both for several years. The + to the solo is more temp settings. Personally, I find the Air to only have 2 useable temsp.. for some people, they only go on the highest setting. I usually start with the Air on the highest setting, but towards the half way point, I back down to the 2nd from highest (orange vs red).. From what I understand, the Solo 2 will be even bigger (not by much tho) than the Solo... Their both killer.. too bad their desktop units don't share that stage. Good luck.

ls

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I have both the Solo and the Air.. have had them both for several years. The + to the solo is more temp settings. Personally, I find the Air to only have 2 useable temsp.. for some people, they only go on the highest setting. I usually start with the Air on the highest setting, but towards the half way point, I back down to the 2nd from highest (orange vs red).. From what I understand, the Solo 2 will be even bigger (not by much tho) than the Solo... Their both killer.. too bad their desktop units don't share that stage. Good luck.

ls
I was going to get the WHITE one?
Not for function but looks!
A BLUE SOLO 2 = CIVILIZED
LIFE in COLOR not POISON
FUNCTION = by DESIGN

OF

The + to the solo is more temp settings. Personally, I find the Air to only have 2 useable temsp.. for some people, they only go on the highest setting. I usually start with the Air on the highest setting, but towards the half way point, I back down to the 2nd from highest (orange vs red)..

FWIW I think another big advantage of Solo is the improved 'battery meter'. Seven non ambiguous steps rather than the 3 on Air that need normal color vision to even 'read' (Red/Green color blindness is something about half of 1/8 of men 'suffer' from to some extent). About the same percentage as left handers. Think about this, half the left handed people you know can't decipher the code?

Grated, since you can change the 18650 getting 'caught flat' might not be as important, but I can assure you the confidence that comes from 'a session per step' on the 7 LED scale is a nice feature.

Some compromises were made to get the small package for Air, how reasonable/important to individuals is....individual?

OF

Randy Lahey

ls
ive used the solo a bunch of times its a great machine and I agree but I just like the look and feel and relative stealth of the AA.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
ive used the solo a bunch of times its a great machine and I agree but I just like the look and feel and relative stealth of the AA.
Sorry however I freak outside of my home?
SOLO in the back is all I can handle.
Call me what you want?
Just do what you want.
AS for me CIVILIZED CANNABIS is the HOLY GRAIL.

Remember CANNABIS is the HOLY GRAIL =
CIVILIZED
BE5dsCL.jpg

Buzzbomb Almighty

In the 80's I studied FLW.
Wish I had a SOLO then?
A friend hired me to build a deck and inspired by FLW I cantilevered it radically on all 3 sides, still looks great after 30 years.
A PBS Jesus documentary heading into Easter made me think "What vape would Jesus use?" If they'd been invented then, he and John the Baptist would probably have both Solos and Airs. The actor playing John the Baptist looked like he might have both.

Chocu1a

Looking for some advice: Want to get a Solo or Air. Can't decide which to get. I can get a Solo for $130 & Air for $150. Don't need to use on the go, just at home. Replaceable battery on Air is nice, but not a decision maker. I like the larger battery/less charging on the Solo. Any help?

Buzzbomb Almighty

Looking for some advice: Want to get a Solo or Air. Can't decide which to get. I can get a Solo for $130 & Air for $150. Don't need to use on the go, just at home. Replaceable battery on Air is nice, but not a decision maker. I like the larger battery/less charging on the Solo. Any help?
I'll vouch for the Solo, there's no such thing as too much running time on a charge as far as I'm concerned.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
A friend hired me to build a deck and inspired by FLW I cantilevered it radically on all 3 sides, still looks great after 30 years.
A PBS Jesus documentary heading into Easter made me think "What vape would Jesus use?" If they'd been invented then, he and John the Baptist would probably have both Solos and Airs. The actor playing John the Baptist looked like he might have both.
In the mid 80's we were building tract houses.
When my friend from Los Angeles would work on a Multi-Million $ house (mansion) I would help him just to change construction methods.
He had tapes of FLW we listen to.
"DESTRUCTION OF THE BOX" was his quote we used.

I had some GUCCI strain in my SOLO before bed and Destroyed the box!

Woke up late?
GSC this morning to recover. (SPACE CANDY is what I found)

Remember "JESUS CHRIST SUPER STAR" or "LIFE OF BRIAN"?
The BIBLE is a great fictional read.

Last edited:

OF

I have both, and definitely use Solo more. Around the house I have to make an effort to pick Air over it. A session or two on Air and you're thinking about recharges (it'll do 4 usually, 3 for sure), Solo gives maybe 8 and counts down in steps. No problem picking one up at say step 4 o 5 on charge, doing a session, and putting it away again since it's on 3 or 4 now. You know you have at least 3 more sessions......a 'great plenty' for most?

Solo is also easier to hang onto, the top is bigger (has flats below), Air is a smooth cylinder. I've dropped Airs a couple times (usually slips into my lap), never with Solo despite perhaps ten times the total sessions.

Hands down, go with Solo for the situation you describe, however be careful of counterfeits? That is 'know your dealer' guys have been deceived by cheap price.

Enjoy,

I see pics of people hooking solos up to glass rigs. Can you do this with the airs as well?

Yes, as we've said before they use the exact same stems......... So a WPA (Water Pipe Adapter) for Solo will also work with Air?

In fact, the plastic topped stem that comes with Air is correctly sized to mate up with 14mm GoonGs. Get a WT with a 14mm female and you're good to go out of the box, Solo needs a purchased adapter of which PV has an excellent assortment. Which you can also use with Air.

OF

Top Bottom