Arizer Solo

OF

They also say that metal screens cause harsher vapour and poor taste. Which isn't the case IMO.

Yer not going to make it far in Marketing with that attitude.........

Forget facts and all that stuff, link the right buzz words together, tell folks what they want (rather than the other say) and go to lunch early. Understandable that guys would like a job like that.

OF

YungLeaner

The Solos have always been rock solid units and the Air is a great update of the same heating system.

I really hope Arizer innovates with their next one however. In the current market place convection is quickly becoming the standard, and units like the Boundless, Flowermate, et al. are eating up the market share. I am not citing a preference for those vapes but just noting their relative popularity.

The kind of people who love the solo (glass preference, flavor chaser, materials safety focused) for the most part already have one. It's not appealing to new users and the Air is only slightly more portable. Loose glass stems are just not the ideal modern loading system in 2017.

They make great products I can't wait to see the new one

OF

Yeah, it's kind of odd that we still rock a 5+year old technique in a field that's realistically less than 25 years old.
It's not odd!!! The solo is amazing. I just this it fills its niche already and they should make a new type of vape

I agree, newer is not always better. Even when the Suits get to it and label it 'new and improved'.

Automatic transmissions are a great innovation for sure, but some of us value the old way, with 3 pedals on the floor and the driver doing gear changes. Harder to use your cell phone then, of course.

Be fun to see what they have to offer, I'll most like get one to try if it looks remotely good and isn't immediately exposed as trash but I seriously doubt it will change my attitude toward Solo any more than Air did. A companion/alternative perhaps but Solo is special for sure. It will no doubt remain the solid, useful tool it's been from the start?

OF

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I'm hoping that the new portable from Arizer will not be as harsh as the Air. Unless I have an extended stem I can only handle the lowest temp on mine. The Solo is superior to the Air IMO - for that reason. I'm able to enjoy temp 3,4,5 and 6 with the Solo. Probably not the thread for this discussion.:2c:

OF

Probably not the thread for this discussion.:2c:

I disagree, strongly in fact. I think this is exactly the right place to discuss our individual experiences with this fine vape. If not that, for what?

We're individuals, sure not to 'see' things the same way in all cases. It's a big step to accept that 'everyone doesn't agree with me' on such details, but progress can only happen if we know specifically with those details? Your issues are real, same as mine and the next guy's. All need addressing.

Please, Lady, keep it up.

OF

biohacker

I'm hoping that the new portable from Arizer will not be as harsh as the Air. Unless I have an extended stem I can only handle the lowest temp on mine. The Solo is superior to the Air IMO - for that reason. I'm able to enjoy temp 3,4,5 and 6 with the Solo.

This surprises me big time. If anything, i'd say the Air has slightly more airflow due to design and thus can be less harsh than the Solo. However, I do empathize about the bottom low temperature settings as you do lose that versatility slightly.

I just cannot comprehend how you can only tolerate the lowest setting on the Air, but 6 with the Solo?

I hope it's a brand new innovation, but I have a feeling it will be a digital rapid warmup similar conduction style device...

Maybe something like a Solo/Air and Pax hybrid? I hope i'm wrong!

OF

I just cannot comprehend how you can only tolerate the lowest setting on the Air, but 6 with the Solo?

I understand how that can confuse, it doesn't fit that well with my experience as well......which I think underscores my point above? That is folks should relate their personal experiences and likes lest we assume incorrectly?

Unless you think CK is making it up or is delusional or something, we should accept it as her honest opinion. The opinion that will influence her future purchases..... And it's probably safe to assume there are more like her not identified or counted. Good Marketing guys see this as gold, and IMO rightly so.

OF

CarolKing

I can use a higher temp with the Air if I use a longer/extended mouthpiece and most of the time I do. That seems to be the key for me but that defeats the Air's stealth value. My Air that I bought was from the very beginning during the Black Friday sale. Mine doesn't have the battery indicator. It's working great other than running slightly hot. I have no complaints other than that. Curious if the later models are different?

Vitolo

Vaporist
I'm hoping that the new portable from Arizer will not be as harsh as the Air
My experience with 4 local patients that went from a Solo to an Air explains something to me.
My own experience tells that the Air cools down during the first couple of draws, more so than does the Solo.
This means it takes until the 3rd or 4th draw on the Air to get the clouds that we got after 2 hits on the Solo.
The patients that I have discussed this with tell me that they turn the Air up to a higher level to achieve faster results. This means that once the unit is hot enough to perform, it is then functioning at a temperature higher than that used with the Solo.... causing the vapor to be (once cooking) a vapor of higher temperature... therefore our perception is "harsher Vapor".
Unless you think CK is making it up or is delusional or something, we should accept it as her honest opinion.
Add 4 local patients that have used both, and myself to that equation ... making it 5 local patients, that agree with @CarolKing 's honest opinion.
I use the air at a low setting and wait a few hits for it to function well now.
I use the Solo at higher levels as well.

OF

Add 4 local patients that have used both, and myself to that equation ... making it 5 local patients, that agree with @CarolKing 's honest opinion.
I use the air at a low setting and wait a few hits for it to function well now.
I use the Solo at higher levels as well.

Excellent information, thanks very much. Great insight on timing, I guess I never paid enough attention.......

Hopefully Arizer has taken this into account.

OF

biohacker

Thanks Vito...makes complete sense, although I do have vids of both Solo and Air on max temp, and the Air produced vapour that wasn't as thick/dense due to the extra airflow, and was much easier to handle on the airways. All discussed in the Air thread a while back.

I guess it just depends on how you use the device, and everyone is different.

@CarolKing So you are saying that you can use the short stems on the Solo without issue?

OF

This is a great discussion!!! I've been trying to figure how I missed this 'time delay' effect. I think I set myself up. I usually have several strains 'open' and more available but not in routine use. Usually I have a 'new strain' in the 'open' group as well for eventual evaluation. Bad experiment since that's not standardized, not a good place to collect data even casually?

And I made it even worse by typically loading several Air stems (sometimes Solo, though more often not) and capping them (both ends) for use later. I typically don't really know the strain or how long it's been loaded even. That I think masked the effect, perhaps I just took to letting Air 'soak a bit' without thinking about it.

Be a fun thing to test in an "A/B Test". That is with similarly loaded Air in one hand and Solo in the other.......

Alas, so much to do, so little time.

I say this also. I use short stem on Solo, but long stem on Air.

Yet another sin, to which I freely confess. I too am a chronic 'stem swapper'. Those long ones fall out of your pocket, the capped short ones let you button the pocket you know. But Solo has much more attractive battery life and I find the shape easier to hold onto (that is I drop Solo less.....) in the casual way I usually vape with it. Add to that the nuisance of being color blind and unable to 'read' the battery on Air (I count sessions) against the 'no question' steps Solo makes it to the garden more often than Air (which you'd think wouldn't happen?).

When inside and fixed there's more choices, new stuff to play with. But outside, I take an old friend....which means a Solo and a short stem or two more often than not. It's very rainy now (ding, dong, the drought is dead.....), but Spring with lots of new growth can't be far off. Many of the plants are 'coming back' already. Some, sadly, are gone. But I think it will be grand this year, and I plan to be there, supervising, Solo in hand, stems in pocket. Tough dudy, but a guy's gotta keep busy you know.

Regards to all.

OF

CarolKing

Lately I've been using the PVHES bent stem with my Solo from a year or 2 ago when the holes were bigger. I don't know if I would like the smaller holes as others have mentioned. Sometimes I use my Blackwood 3 inch WonG from @Ed's TnT if I'm working outside.

What might be harsh vapor for one person might not be for someone else.

OF

Fun idea, but I doubt it will stop our Ataxian. He'll just break something else. Part of his charm you know. Some say it's about all of his charm, but I think those folks are short sighted......

You know the definition of a Marine? 'A guy you can chain naked to a rock in the desert and come dawn he will have broken the rock'? Ataxian is like that, only without the naked part......as far as we know.

Anyway, fun find, I wonder how they make it? Molded pieces glued together with more Silicone over fixtures? Like making ceramic coffee cups, you can't simply mold 'em in one shot as is traditional for the material.

Thanks for the link.

OF

OF

+ 1
for a " True " convection style portable from Arizer
coming out soon . Can they 3D print those silicone bongs ?

Remember, convection is a power hog. Part of life's trade offs I guess?

No, wrong sort of material, you need a thremoplastic, not a linking polymer. To print you need to be able to heat to soften and squeeze out like cake decoration. Not a material that needs casting and set up in a mold. Even if it's a 'printable shape' which I doubt?

Be fun to see what Arizer presents for sure, I hope it's on par with Solo rather than taking the Air concepts forward.

OF

Top Bottom