Arizer Solo

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
This... the firefly had problems with its batteries because of this. It would be worth a fair trade off if convection was head and shoulders above but imo it's marginally better and not worth making a device that runs at 50 watts.
The SOLO is the best bang for the buck$!
I found a PHVES stem with a W9 TECH TIP (very nice) = CIVILIZED

al bundy

Vaporist
Id like to know if the heating oven of the Solo NLE with the dimples
is going to be the same in the 2017 or newer Solos?
I emailed them twice and no reply.

I stand corrected
Just read email and the "new etched design will be integrated in there full line of products in the coming months." :)

Last edited:

al bundy

Vaporist
Id like to know if the heating oven of the Solo NLE with the dimples
is going to be the same in the 2017 or newer Solos?
I emailed them twice and no reply.

I stand corrected
Just read email and the "new etched design will be integrated in there full line of products in the coming months." :)

Im thinking a digital Solo? @OF
Looking forward to it though either way

blackstone

Yep, I suspect that was their goal?

'Whatever you do, don't buy a new Solo or Air for now......'.

If we're going to go with fantasy here, I'd like a limited run or two of the old "true PA" versions. And a pony of my own, and a cowboy gun with real bullets.....

OF

Or maybe like you said initially, it could be a little of 'Don't buy our competitors latest offerings, as we have some coming soon too' !
I'm sure their most loyal customers will have been emailing them in frustration about new releases. (As I have been doing with other companies lately!)

Something tells me this is more than a digital Solo.
While I agree it shares some of the same lines, I think the scale is hard to grasp (like all these units before you actually hold them or see pics alongside other vapes).
This might be 2/3 the size of the Solo, maybe even less. Possibly flatter to fit in a pocket?
The gap between the glass piece and the body is the biggest mystery to me!
Does anybody else think that something is blocked from view or 'shopped out where that gap is?
It could be the heart and soul, or amazing new technology part of the vape and they've kept it secret for now? Just a thought.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Arizer knows how to make a rock solid reliable vaporizer. Most can't, so there is a lot to wish for in a new offering from them.

If it is another portable, I hope to see a standard micro USB or similar connection for charging. I love how how easy it is to charge my Joyetech Evic Basic mod, USB is everywhere!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Or maybe like you said initially, it could be a little of 'Don't buy our competitors latest offerings, as we have some coming soon too' !
I'm sure their most loyal customers will have been emailing them in frustration about new releases. (As I have been doing with other companies lately!)

While I agree it shares some of the same lines, I think the scale is hard to grasp (like all these units before you actually hold them or see pics alongside other vapes).
This might be 2/3 the size of the Solo, maybe even less. Possibly flatter to fit in a pocket?
Does anybody else think that something is blocked from view or 'shopped out where that gap is?
It could be the heart and soul, or amazing new technology part of the vape and they've kept it secret for now? Just a thought.
I am not even close to the intellect that @OF has
however I love to be medicated.
I tried a few portables however the SOLO for me is the best! It's my option the SOLO is all you need? Now if there is a new model I watch and see if it matches the current SOLO?
For now 420 (the most honorable holiday) the SOLO is ready to go:
yes28Fy.jpg

Planet vapes makes the things you need!

blackstone

I am not even close to the intellect that @OF has
however I love to be medicated.
I tried a few portables however the SOLO for me is the best! It's my option the SOLO is all you need? Now if there is a new model I watch and see if it matches the current SOLO?
For now 420 (the most honorable holiday) the SOLO is ready to go:
yes28Fy.jpg

Planet vapes makes the things you need!

The Solo put's us as close to the action as possible without much irritation.
Things took a dry turn here lately and I switched to mostly Solo as it's consistently very efficient, powerful and not wasteful at all.
I did wonder what it would be like to see your marvelous photos of OG bubblegum jars and such if things were not so great here, I might know soon haha!
Hope I do get to open one of those jars in a similar context, in my lifetime.
My next Planet Vape purchase will be a PVHES straight shorty, and I will try and taste the benefits of glass screen only.
I would love to someday get a titanium stem made for me, and a GonG, or TonG for you as a gift for cheering this thread up so much, but it could be just a pipe dream, if you'll excuse the pun! Maybe I'll never find a 420 friendly machinist and we'll have to stick with the glass.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I haven't seen much mention of this new vaporizer until the other day. The Air wasn't hardly mentioned and then one day it was out in the marketplace. Arizer at least releases it's new vaporizers with class and doesn't keep promising something that takes forever to come to the masses. Plus they don't ask folks to order something that's not available yet. I get tired of some companies over promising.

Last edited:

Gramin

My Solo was in a cupboard for 10 months while I went on a holiday with my Grasshopper. Now that my GH has died my Solo is still here, working flawlessly and surprisingly not at all horrible after using a GH daily.

I'm really excited to see the next vape. You know it will be reliable above all others!

Carl Hempel

Thought it was a gap too... until I tilted my laptop screen. They've shot the teaser against a very dark background but I could just make out the outline of a part there. Looks like silicone, perhaps a retractable glass mouthpiece or something? Maybe even a silicone stopper mouthpiece with a glass core like the Storm / X-Max MPs.

I've quickly adjusted the contrast a little in Photoshop and (poorly) darkened the edges so you can see what I mean a little better.

I'm stoked for this one, massive fan of the Air and Solo. I think this will be a smaller more pocketable unit going from the pixels on the temp display.

uyVZKu4.jpg

biohacker

@Gramin Really? The Solo is like a dinosaur compared to the GH. I think it's a great product but horse and buggy vs Ferrari.

When the Solo was first released, there was a flood of RMA's and they actually started letting you keep the original Solo and sent a brand new one. They had to make a design change, then refined more and more like many other products.

I won't forget those nasty toxic smells and tastes although I still maintain that those flaking ceramic solos were the best when they worked.

And I agree with @OF bring back the true battery bypass adapter!

biohacker,
Reactions: ataxian

biohacker

Well then you haven't ever tried multiple Ferrari's in a claisen :rofl:

iqZ2QZ6.jpg

When you mentioned v3 I thought you were talking about the supreme v3! I have no idea what vape that is between the Ferrari and the v2 buggy?

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
When all the other cars aren't working the horse and buggy will still be sailing along. I happen to like the flavor of the Solo and I have many other vaporizers. I use my log vape probably the most but the Solo is up there in my line up still towards the top. We all have our own preferences.

I've spent a lot of money of something that had all the bells and whistles and I always come back to the Solo. Some have qualities that I didn't like, like little parts to lose and clean. Something that didn't have as good of flavor.

I don't have the Grasshopper. I may buy one some day when the flaws are worked out. It's already been well over a year. Still the company seems to over promise. I won't order something that I can't get in a week.

Edit
I know and eventually the horse dies.:lol: I too like a glass airpath.

Last edited:

biohacker

Just want to add that horses get sick and buggy's break too. Just sayin. :p

I hope the new Arizer portable doesn't use as much conduction. The flavour is great off the hopper (sic), but not as good as a good convection vape IMO.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I think the Air tastes better than the GH. I also think it tastes better than the Volcano. The taste definitely doesn't last the whole session, but that seems to be all vapes in general unless you can vape the whole load in one draw like a Cloud Evo or a dab.

I think people focus on conduction vs convection too much for vapor quality, I feel like vapor path is just as important. Glass will always taste better than metal IMO. We always preferred glass over metal in our smoking days.

@biohacker thats a source orb 3 in the middle. The DTV3 blows it away though. Vroom ;)

Top Bottom