• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Arizer Solo

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
At times I don't use screens with the Solo but most of the time I do. You can get them really cheap online like @ataxian said. I like a medium grind usually but if you want to use little nuggets no screen works fine. The Solo works great however way YOU decide. Personal preference is the key. Having a clean stem and screen insure less restriction. If you want to use less product make a dome screen.

I was just using my j hook with mine with a little bit of GrapeApe.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
At times I don't use screens with the Solo but most of the time I do. You can get them really cheap online like @ataxian said. I like a medium grind usually but if you want to use little nuggets no screen works fine. The Solo works great however way YOU decide. Personal preference is the key. Having a clean stem and screen insure less restriction. If you want to use less product make a dome screen.

I was just using my j hook with mine with a little bit of GrapeApe.
I'm cheap as they come!

That WHITE version SOLO is so tempting!
I need to splurge?

GRAPE APE sounds yummy!

I get that!
Tonight all I have is this BLUE SKY OG that kind of mess's me up in good way! Now Monday or Tuesday I'll look for GRAPE APE.
I hope we have some kind of CIVILIZATION?

WHITE SOLO look's so nice!

Last edited:

Buzzbomb Almighty

Reports from the FBI, CIA, NSA, and that other one that Russian hackers have conspired to move the Ariser Solo board to page 2 of the FC Forum are unfounded.. When it gets close we just have to write a post that keeps it from falling off the edge of the internet, (which is flat, despite all rumours to the contrary), reach over with the Canadarm, and press enter.
This is not a page 2 vape.

OF

Reports from the FBI, CIA, NSA, and that other one that Russian hackers have conspired to move the Ariser Solo board to page 2 of the FC Forum are unfounded..

We also need to guard against Denial of Notice (DON) attacks. This is where a bunch of phony posts about exciting new vapes flood the Forum from those with no interest in Vapes....save to tear them down of course.

The idea is to flood the forum with such junk so we don't notice the good stuff. Examples in everyday life abound.

It's rumored this is being bankrolled by a strange alliance. Bong makers have conspired with the folks that make papers (who fear loss of customers), MMJ Dealers (who want to sell more bud to Blazers to waste with fire......). Not to mention the new 'makers' themselves of course.

By convincing Soros it's really a pro pot deal, they get his considerable money to launch such attacks. Beware of guys you never heard of pushing brand new vapes that seem nothing special.......they are out to get us, paranoia is good thinking here.

Thanks for the Heads Up.....let's stay sharp guys. Maybe assign guys to watch the tread in shifts?

OF

Buzzbomb Almighty

What Arizer could do is have some sort of charity raffle, pick a deserving cause and for every $5 donation from a registered member of their site (or their site and FC to get maximun numbers), allow 1 entry. They could donate an NLE for 1st and a regular Solo and Air for runner up prizes. Do good, write it all off, give Ataxian a chance for $5. I'm a janitor and maintenance man, not an advertising man, but i don't see a down side.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
The white solo does look nice....
But I bet it won't stay looking nice for long...
I'm too obsessive about keeping my vapes clean to have white....
1qMxg92.jpg

I need to get some GonG's?
Dry with my original stock straight tube at the moment.

Vitolo

Vaporist
I have never seen a white solo.
I have a silver and a black solo.
Are they referring to the silver one as "white"?
The white solo does look nice....
But I bet it won't stay looking nice for long...
I'm too obsessive about keeping my vapes clean to have white....
If they refer to the brushed silver unit as "white", it does not get dirty at all.
It is metal and it stays super clean.
Are these what you all are referring to as "white"?
DSC01730.jpg

DSC01721.jpg

in person it is not white, but rather brushed silver in appearance.
This one's for you all!
puff.gif

Vito puffing a Silver Solo

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I have never seen a white solo.
I have a silver and a black solo.
Are they referring to the silver one as "white"?

If they refer to the brushed silver unit as "white", it does not get dirty at all.
It is metal and it stays super clean.
Are these what you all are referring to as "white"?
DSC01730.jpg

DSC01721.jpg

in person it is not white, but rather brushed silver in appearance.
This one's for you all!
puff.gif
to puffing a Silver Solo
If I get a other SOLO it will be a WHITE one.
mCMBBwd.jpg

Right now my old one is still MEDICATING!
After charging with my GIZMO designed and maded by @OF (BEN FRANKLIN of today)

VapeHeadz

NLE-Product-Picture.png

Hard to tell what it's made of, but I would imagine that any marks will be easy to get rid of with some iso or metho but maybe some serious dings might make permanent marks on it over time. I wouldn't care too much personally but I would try and keep it relatively clean for a while.

One of the fantastic things about Solo's is how well and long they last. I also have a black (older) and silver (newer) Solo and the black one has some dings and cracks on the base but is still going really well. I did change the battery in it a while ago. It must be 4 years old or so now I think.

blackstone

I think it's just a small worry some have about the white attracting simple grime and oils from hands, maybe more so if it was matte finish.
There are great modern answers to these things though.
The one that I think would work great on White Solo is baby wipes!
They are like computer wipes or disinfectant wipes but with lotion in them.
People swear by these for getting grime covered motorcycle wheels and paint back to new. I've used them near switches and door handles in the home too.
And gentle for baby is gentle enough for white solo finish, even if it's a painted surface!
I would nearly buy NLE just for the satisfaction of griming it up a little and dropping it into a cleaning wipe once in a while!!
Alcohol/vape wipes too..

Another thing I remembered were these cheap white cotton gloves that came with light fixtures years ago to keep paw prints off the lights.
I lol'd thinking about using them with a white Solo if you were scared of getting it dirty, looking sort of like the guy in snooker games with the gloves!
They are available online and it would make it very ceremonial if you only used white Solo once in a while with these. But you couldn't let anybody see you haha.
There's sure to be decent handling glove available that would nearly last the life of the Solo with a few washes.

I like the look of the 90mm @sickmanfraud I'm no expert but it looks like a nice size with the potential of being a bit cooler than a 70mm.
I expressed a little interest in @PlanetVape getting the 90mm stem into stock while asking about the NLE, but they didn't say if or when they would get this stem.

Modicum

@OF Hey my friend ,I stopped using my 2014 S0lo that same year. It is a fine instrument and gets the job done, but I could never get passed the restricted air flow , long stems and what I thought were very narrow openings in the stems.The new White Northern Lights
caught my eye and I was wondering any significant changes in the unit since then? Shorter,wider stems less resistance maybe?

Buzzbomb Almighty

@Modicum I have the same issues with airflow, and I have some issues with some stems (even drilled out the holes in a gong that were far too small), so I only use my solo dry with a stem when I have to, (ie: at work), otherwise I use a bubbler or occasionally j-hook to get the job done. When using a stem only, I never get as good a hit and the abv is never as dark. Sometimes I use the little pinnacle water tool at work. I should experiment a bit and see if i can improve on the experience. (Unlike @ataxian I have a cookie tin full of stems and gongs to mess around with :lol:). The gong I drilled out, I also carved notches into, and results weren't fantastic; it's better but because it's quite a snug fitting bowl it still takes a big pull to fill the bubbler.

Last edited:

OF

@OF Hey my friend ,I stopped using my 2014 S0lo that same year. It is a fine instrument and gets the job done, but I could never get passed the restricted air flow , long stems and what I thought were very narrow openings in the stems.

You're probably asking the wrong guy here, I'm a sipper by nature and prefer the original (restricted but more 'controllable') configuration. After that the four holes in the cup were made larger for less restriction in response to demand. Not to my liking, although I did try. It's now a loaner since it's what you'd get new? It's also 'use while charging' (which I'm not big on either) I'm not sure how your old one fit into that, Serial Numbers aren't much of a clue here. But the holes in the Solo could well be bigger now?

And there are the PVHES to explore. They can considerably reduce restriction, especially the Turbo versions, again not to my liking except for the GonG version (where there's a WT in the path and the heat it wound up)......although I did develop a real fondness for the bent HES for a while, it made lounging in the garden absent mindedly sipping away and supervising the birds and flowers. Something I enjoy otherwise.

Also new and worth considering is the Air and it's stems. The latter interchange with Solo giving you the option of a shorter straight all glass and two even smaller ones with plastic tops. Nice plastic tops as you'd expect of Arizer, not junk. You can try them for $10 each?

You have to use Solo (or most portables) under it's terms WRT production rates. They can only make vapor so fast since they can only transfer heat into the load at a limited rate. Working it harder than that only gets you more, but thinner, vapor. Slow and dense, fast and thin. Your call?

Regards,

OF

OF

What are these two? I see the only Tipped stem on Air site.
60 and 70mm. They're both listed check the tabs just above the 'how many do you want' window?
https://arizer.com/store/arizer-air-accessories/

Obviously there's not a lot of difference (about 10mm.....). You can also stuff a bit of cotton (even cotton cloth) or a cotton and steel pipe cleaner (folded over) inside the stems under the cap. If you make this damp and keep it so in use it does a nice job of moisturizing the dry vapor......your throat will thank you....

OF

biohacker

Hey Solofans! I'm missing my Solo so taking the plunge again..... it will be pretty much exclusively for water tool use only, so I need to figure out whether I should buy the PVHESgong or the VORTEX! Or both? Pros/cons? I've searched but other than a reference here and there, cannot find what i'm looking for. Is the Vortex worth it? Thanks!

OF

Hey Solofans! I'm missing my Solo so taking the plunge again..... it will be pretty much exclusively for water tool use only, so I need to figure out whether I should buy the PVHESgong or the VORTEX! Or both? Pros/cons? I've searched but other than a reference here and there, cannot find what i'm looking for. Is the Vortex worth it? Thanks!

Go with the PVHES, Vortex doesn't mate with WTs......it's a straight stem with thick walls.

OF

Top Bottom