Green_Rasta

Does anyone have any opinion on Imren batteries? I bought one but it seems to take twice as long for the first charge.

Hopefully, I'll be trying this new baby in 1-2 hours with the original battery.

Last edited:
Green_Rasta,

OF

@Green_Rasta
I don't know the shop because I live in Europe. But this is definitely the right battery:
https://www.imrbatteries.com/panasonic-ncr18650b-18650-3350mah-flat-top-battery/

I agree. The ideal compromise for the application. State of the art, any cell with higher power rating can't give that capacity. Any with more capacity (few as the legitimate ones are) can't provide continuous power levels we need. And the world is flooded by fancy claims that don't measure up.

"Perfect balance".

Arizer picked this exact cell for very good reasons as I understand such things. Nothing else even compares to it, let alone exceeds it by conventional standards. Not a good choice for higher power uses, but optimum for us.

OF

OF

Could the Imren battery harm the ArGo or is it just worse performance?

Electrically I don't see how, mechanically is perhaps another story? For instance, Air can be fussy with substitutions of otherwise suitable 18650s. Not all 18650s are alike physically I guess.

It should work fine, but if you suddenly stop posting we'll know not to try it......

Edit: FWIW I don't think there's a solid answer here. I did some reading on this a while back on the DT thread where we're looking for even more power (about twice). Imren doesn't make 18650s, at least not quality ones like we want. Only four makers in the whole world do, and none have 'fire' in their name. Sony, LG, Samsung and Panasonic/Sanyo are the only real players. Everything else is 'rewraps'. Subject to change on the next batch.

More fun, counterfeits exist with the 'no name' brands best avoided.

Still more fun, there are no legitimate 18650s made for end users like us. Sony won't sell to guys that sell to guys like us. Only guys making packs for electric cars and stuff where protection is built in and cells are typically derated a fair bit. So everything we can buy (and most likely what Arizer buys?) comes from 'the secondary market'. Even top flight dealers get caught with junk sometimes and offer it for sale believing it genuine.

OF

Last edited:

Green_Rasta

So, I've just finished my 4th bowl on the ArGo, the last 3 while taking a walk.

I love it.

The taste is nothing to write home about, although really good for the few draws while it's heating, but the smoothness is where the quality resides as others have said. I especially enjoys the ergonomic side of the ArGo, it's incredibly light and easy to use. The experience was, in a single word, Fun.

This will do perfectly for my intended usage, which is for university, road trips and camping use, I'll be stocking on 6 batteries (Thanks for the help above, I'm going to return the battery I bought tomorrow and order a few online).

I'm satisfied so far, I just hope I'll be able to keep the odor down.

I'll still mostly use the SSV at home, except when I'm cooking probably. Maybe it's because it's my first portable but I'm extremely satisfied with the experience, reloading was easy on the go, while walking, and it got me high fast without irritating my throat.

I'd say it took me around 20 minutes to go through a fully packed load of premium herb, and although the air was pretty hot at the end, it wasn't uncomfortable. I don't torture my herb overly fast, I like to take my time. Although I prefer a lower temp on my SSV, I preferred to set it at 420f on the ArGo (I could go up to 428 I suppose but... I just love seeing 420 on the ArGo), the vapor was more rich and after a few draws, of a similar flavor at 380f or 420f.

I was not disappointed.

Green_Rasta

After 2 more days of testing, I have some further comments.

Firstly, I should mention that it's still pretty cold where I live, to give you an idea, right now it's snowing outside... that said, when I use the ArGo outside, the cold wind really cool the vapor and the result is simply amazing, the device barely gets warm.

Inside though, I feel like it's a bit harder on my throat and I like to start the session around 390 but changing the temp is a bother. I also find that I like to pack it more tight than loose, although not overly tight.

It's still a blast to use.
That said, I just returned the battery I bought the other day and I had to talk to the owner of the store on the phone while the clerk was lamenting... fun times.
So there's that.

We need a :spliff: for vape.

Green_Rasta

Oh, for sure, changing the temps is extremely easy, it's my laziness you didn't account for. There could be 2 more buttons for pre set temps and I would still find it a bother.

I'm legendary lazy.

:smug:

LabPong

just bringing some luv for this little dude....man I really enjoy using it more and more. There is something about the way it vapes compared to my Air1 and 2. I think it is the fact that the load is spread more vertical than horizontal compared to the Air stems. I use it on occasion direct drawing off the wpa....but going through water is really fun with small water unit/bubblers.

It is just so easy to handle, load, clean, use......fun all the way around I think.

wisausnk

It's definitely a very nice unit. I have the ArGo and the Mighty and the ArGo is mostly for hiking biking and trips to other countries. Man is the ArGo light on the lungs compared to the mighty. But the glass stems allways worrie me a bit, I'm pretty clumsy..

OF

But the glass stems allways worrie me a bit, I'm pretty clumsy..

FWIW I use vinyl caps on both ends of loaded stems for carry:
dypyHdD.jpg

This protects the ends well and keeps the center 'off the deck' in case of drops.

OF

Last edited:

chlorophyll_man

AVB Inspector
Hiya, some stirring questions for Argo owners ;)

1. With, say, a 0.1 load, I'm presuming you still need to stir? Does it have a tool compartment?
  2. Is stirring fiddly to do when mobile/outdoors?
  3. Could you remove the tube and shake instead?
  4. I use a Milaana with an extra screen to keep the oven clear of debris, I'm petty like that. Will I find that the Argo oven/chamber gets crumbs stuck in it, or is it easy to keep completely clear?

Finally, does anyone also own a Milaana to provide comparisons? I love mine so much but it's only for home use, hence the interest in the Argo (especially as it's so cheap atm).
I'm completely unable to use the Milaana with the stock short stem and am concerned that the Argo will also be very hot to draw from (I won't be using it with a WP).

Appreciate anyone that has the time to help out,
Keep having fun! :)

OF

1. With, say, a 0.1 load, I'm presuming you still need to stir? Does it have a tool compartment?
  2. Is stirring fiddly to do when mobile/outdoors?
  3. Could you remove the tube and shake instead?
  4. I use a Milaana with an extra screen to keep the oven clear of debris, I'm petty like that. Will I find that the Argo oven/chamber gets crumbs stuck in it, or is it easy to keep completely clear?
Finally, does anyone also own a Milaana to provide comparisons?
I don't have a Milana but 0.1 could be tricky course of the stems, the stem holds about 0.15 to. To 0.2 i would guess and I never had to stear in the AtGo

Yep, not stirring needed. Shaking, with out without removing, won't work.

I too don't know that other vape (by either spelling......) but it must be a different sort of vape. ArGo, like Solo/Air, is a conduction game. Loads lose enough to shake will never vape. It depends on the entire load being heated where it is over time. While the open end 'vapes first' (no glass so it darkens first) the entire load comes out uniformly vaped without stirring.

That load size is small, you can't partially fill the chamber and expect good results. If you want to use small loads (which I do usually), you should plan to put a domed screen in so the bowl is smaller but can still be snugly loaded so heat conducts into the load.

Excellent machine, hard to go too far wrong getting one.

Regards to all,

OF

Green_Rasta

After a couple of 6-7 hours road trips I can't say I like my ArGo any less, the portability hits all the boxes for me.

I've noticed something interesting, although vaping outside when it's cold is great for cooling the air, the battery lasts a good 30-40 min less, At first I thought there was a problem with the original battery but it lasts much longer inside. Come summer time it shouldn't make any difference of course.

Inside I much prefer 390F.

chlorophyll_man

AVB Inspector
Thanks @OF and @wisausnk , useful info :tup:

EDIT: @OF hi, I see you mention Argo is a conduction unit, it is a convector, no? :hmm:
I was thinking that with convection vapes (like the Milaana) that a less tightly packed load was better?

Last edited:

wisausnk

Thanks @OF and @wisausnk , useful info :tup:

EDIT: @OF hi, I see you mention Argo is a conduction unit, it is a convector, no? :hmm:
I was thinking that with convection vapes (like the Milaana) that a less tightly packed load was better?

It's both convection conduction but more convection. Loose is not a problem but you have to pack it so that the flower doesn't fall out.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member

wisausnk

I would say it is the ArGo is really well made and produces a nice and smooth vapor

wisausnk,
Reactions: OF

jdent3

Does the Argo produce more vapor than the Air 2? I found the Air 2 to be a little weak in the vapor production department. When I had my Solo 2 though the vapor production was fantastic.

jdent3,
Reactions: Summer
Top Bottom