ERT

DO NOT BUY THIS IF YOU HAVE SENSITIVE HANDS...This unit is very small (smaller than a pack of cigarettes), supposedly easy to be concealed in your hands...ARGO gets really hot at high temps and someone must be careful no to touch the vent areas ...some sensitive hands may not be able to handle it...not worth it for what is advertised
I saw this get posted on Reddit.

DO NOT BUY THIS IF YOU HAVE SENSITIVE HANDS...This unit is very small (smaller than a pack of cigarettes), supposedly easy to be concealed in your hands...ARGO gets uncomfortable hot at high temps and you must be careful no to touch the vent areas ...some sensitive hands may not be able to handle it...not worth it for what is advertised

ERT

It gets Warm enough that you notice it but not Hot enough to actually burn you.
It all depends on how sensitive you skin is to heat. My wife almost dropped it because she touched the vent area...What is warm for you could be uncomfortably hot for others. However, the point is that this is supposed to be a very portable unit, small enough so you can conceal it in your hand. Personally, I am not happy with this choice and Arizer gave me this stupid answer..."if it gets too hot, please accommodate your fingers properly so they do not touch the vent area"...WTF

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
I know it can be hot enough to startle you if you don't expect it but it's still not going to actually burn you as in get a blister or burn on your hands. Most vapes have spots that get hot, that's been my experience over the years at least.

OF

Most vapes have spots that get hot, that's been my experience over the years at least.

Nothing to fear, but something to keep in mind?

When I comes to toasting your fingers I think ArGo can't hold a candle to the original DaVinci or Cera. With Cera you could easily start running out of places to hold onto in long sessions. End up gripping the last inch with your fingertips, looking for just one more solid hit......

The sacrifices we make........

OF

LabPong

All you really needed to say is to use a hot pad or a pair of gloves whenever you use this vape. :p

Actually....what I wish he would of said.

It gets up to xxx degrees on the outside by the vent when you run it at xxx degrees for xxx draws.

That said, soon I will let you all know what temps your hands have to deal with using temps from 360F to 380F, my normal range on the Air. I should have a argo in a day or two.

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
just as @sNc called out, I also cited the heat issue here Arizer ArGo

Bottom line just do not place your fingers in the area where the stem seats, where the vents and heater are. It would be good when handing a heated ArGo to someone to let them know not to grasp it there. I find my Davinci IQ gets hot all over whereas the ArGo is only warm in that spot and the vents allow the heat to escape unlike the IQ. imho, much to do about nothing. Respect! -YaMon

ERT

I just bought one and I regret spending $320.00 CAD on this. The main issue I found, is that becomes very hot near the vent and then you end up trying to be careful
just as @sNc called out, I also cited the heat issue here Arizer ArGo

Bottom line just do not place your fingers in the area where the stem seats, where the vents and heater are. It would be good when handing a heated ArGo to someone to let them know not to grasp it there. I find my Davinci IQ gets hot all over whereas the ArGo is only warm in that spot and the vents allow the heat to escape unlike the IQ. imho, much to do about nothing. Respect! -YaMon

ERT

I don't know about you but for the price tag on this thing, one should expect better design on the simple fact that I will be grabbing and holding a supposedly portable and discreet unit.

Vapour is not near the quality of much cheaper vaporizers.

Needles to say that I regret buying it...

Yep...moving on !

LabPong

I don't know about you but for the price tag on this thing, one should expect better design on the simple fact that I will be grabbing and holding a supposedly portable and discreet unit.

Vapour is not near the quality of much cheaper vaporizers.

Needles to say that I regret buying it...

Yep...moving on !

I agree on the price deal. Design....well it is tiny for sure and that means the heat has to go somewhere.

Just wondering what cheaper vapes you feel have better quality? And also what do you define the vapor quality .....taste, amount of vapor, and performance of vapor? I know everyone is a bit diff on the taste part. I like the Air 1 & 2's vapor quality all the way around compared to a few other session types.

Which ones have you use? Fury2? That is usually the one the Argo competes with fairly closely because of size.

Summer

Long Island, NY
Which ones have you use? Fury2? That is usually the one the Argo competes with fairly closely because of size.

Based on VapeCritic's review, I think the Haze Square is gonna add to the competition in this size category. I'll bet :2c:.

@ERT, I fully respect that not everyone wants to or can deal with the heat issue. Before you close the door on this vape & not look back, I, too, would be highly interested in your assessment in the categories that @LabPong mentioned in his post. :nod: :)

Last edited:
Summer,
Reactions: YaMon

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
The main issue I found, is that becomes very hot near the vent and then you end up trying to be careful
spGiFOx.png

:peace:

ERT

I rate vapour quality by Flavour, Smoothness, and density. Initial draws at 195C have decent flavour and smoothness, but thin clouds, as temperature is increased to 200C, clouds are denser but smoothness and flavour is reduced giving me an itchy feeling on my throat. At 220C the cloud is denser but harsh on my throat and it would require a Water bubbler adapter to improve smoothness and flavour...As such, I find the ARGO to lack in vapour quality and ergonomic for portability. ARGO fails to set apart from direct competitors such Davinci IQ, and Fury, brands that I have tested.

Summer

Long Island, NY
OK @ERT, that was a good, concise opinion. Thank you. :) Not every vape is for everybody; that's why we have a multitude of choices. :nod: As vaping comes into the mainstream where gonna have a cookie aisle full of choices.

LabPong

I see why he feels this way. I run a touch cooler and use water. I was planing on rigging a gong for it if the Sneaky Pete one is not out soon. I plan on using it as a mobile sipper.

ERT....did you try the Fury2 yet?

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I rate vapour quality by Flavour, Smoothness, and density. Initial draws at 195C have decent flavour and smoothness, but thin clouds, as temperature is increased to 200C, clouds are denser but smoothness and flavour is reduced giving me an itchy feeling on my throat. At 220C the cloud is denser but harsh on my throat and it would require a Water bubbler adapter to improve smoothness and flavour...As such, I find the ARGO to lack in vapour quality and ergonomic for portability. ARGO fails to set apart from direct competitors such Davinci IQ, and Fury, brands that I have tested.

I like your categories! I also like to identify how hot it feels, but that tends to blend into smoothness. The session you described sounds like how I would describe most sessions on most vapes...smooth, thin, flavorful hits in the beginning giving way to less tasty, harsher thicker hits until it starts to wane. I have also found very few portable vapes to not have hot spots somewhere...like only a handful. IMO, you are negatively describing what is a pretty normal vape session with most of what’s available on the market.

LabPong

I purchased a slightly used Argo from a retailer that only used it for testing and review purposes.

Not sure, but seems like the person(s) that used it ....used it with some pretty warm temps because the battery shrink wrap was slightly deformed....like it got too hot from any normal use I use on my Airs. I understand that everything is packed in there tight.....

So just wondering if anyone else has seen this happening to the battery shrink wrap?

rogrog

how's this vape for microdosing? like, just putting in like 1/4 of the normal stem's worth.

rogrog,

ERT

I purchased a slightly used Argo from a retailer that only used it for testing and review purposes.

Not sure, but seems like the person(s) that used it ....used it with some pretty warm temps because the battery shrink wrap was slightly deformed....like it got too hot from any normal use I use on my Airs. I understand that everything is packed in there tight.....

So just wondering if anyone else has seen this happening to the battery shrink wrap?

LabPong...this is a consequence of ARGO getting too hot ...If the unit is still under warranty (2 years) you should send it back to ARIZER and claim a repair or a new unit....

OF

Nobody has reported it, at least as I remember.

Normally it takes a LOT of heat to do that, the 18650 itself it pretty tough and will take temperatures (60C is considered 'normal' for discharge)
https://www.batteryspace.com/prod-specs/NCR18650B.pdf

Since this is from a shop, how are you sure this didn't happen when some fool put it in another, more demanding, mod when that one came up discharged? Try drawing 15 Amps from a five Amp cell trying to make big clouds and it'll overheat big time. Then, when you discover 'that one is junk' you slip it back into ArGo? Then look for another charged 18650 to borrow.......

FWIW I know of nothing else that might explain this. At least not off hand.

LabPong...this is a consequence of ARGO getting too hot ...If the unit is still under warranty (2 years) you should send it back to ARIZER and claim a repair or a new unit....

Maybe. But it's not under warranty.

You can try, but this is a used unit (it has no warranty from the maker, only the original buyer has that contract with them.......). Arizer might decide to deal with it (their choice.....) and check i t out but almost certainly will not replace the 18650, check out their web page? They don't do so for original buyers? IMO the shop should at least replace the damaged 18650.

OF

LabPong

In the process of warranty return with the re-seller because it stopped working all together. I will just wait to make any judgements on the Argo when I get this returned for service/repair/replacement.

One comment I will make though after getting to use it briefly.....I wish the stems were much longer! It didn't feel that good to have my mouth all over the top of the unit instead of only touching the glass stem.

So hope Arizer make longer stems, maybe 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch longer or a long bent one...or a bubbler. My uses will be away from my main water units on the go out in the outside world...lol

Top Bottom